Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria (52127 Views)

Nwankwo Kanu And His Wife, Amara In Loved Up Photo / Nwankwo Kanu And Ronaldinho Pictured Together / Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 02, 2018
Others will soon join the race

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Kingpee2(m): 5:31pm On Apr 02, 2018
You want to be like George Weah abi,this is Nigeria ,where politicians kill each other ,Kanu ,can you handle it ?
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Lat1tudeO2: 5:31pm On Apr 02, 2018
[center]ok[/center]
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by basic23111: 5:32pm On Apr 02, 2018
An Igbo man can never be a Nigeria president

4 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by buJu234: 5:32pm On Apr 02, 2018
I will advise him to wait till 2023 because bubu and his gang (efcc, Dss, Nigerian army. Etc) will just skin him alive.

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by obonujoker(m): 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2018
Lol... in tribalistic Nigeria grin
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by NobleRomm(m): 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2018
Nigeria �� politics has turn to a joke

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Oluwaseyi456(m): 5:34pm On Apr 02, 2018
Ok
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by OgambaHH1(m): 5:34pm On Apr 02, 2018
No b only even rats are crawling out of their hiding to remain active weldone , I and most other nairalanders remember u now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by greggng: 5:34pm On Apr 02, 2018
No insult meant....let him go to school like George weah thereafter we will vote for him

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by ikorodureporta: 5:34pm On Apr 02, 2018
U mean NPFL president cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 02, 2018
Nice Move, Poor timing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by brainhgeek(m): 5:35pm On Apr 02, 2018
olayinkaboss11:
Inspired by George Weah’s feat, the two-time African Player of the Year will contest and has vowed to improve his country’s standard of living
Former Nigeria international Nwankwo Kanu has announced he will run for president of Nigeria in 2019.
Kanu, who once played for Ajax, Inter Milan, and Arsenal during his active days, said he had the dream to transform the most populous black nation.
The 1995 Champions League winner has not hidden his love for politics after ending his professional career at Portsmouth in 2012.

While announcing his intention to run for president, Weah – the 1996 and 1999 African Player of the Year - addressed a number of his supporters.
“My presence here today is about the future of our country and the happiness of our people,” the 41-year-old said.
“The last 18 years of leadership has witnessed a decline in all critical sectors of life in Nigeria, plus general insecurity in the land.
“Also, I’ll do all it takes to wrestle corruption which has become blatant and widespread. The rest of the world looks at Nigeria as the home of corruption.
“If I get your mandate, I promise to do things differently and restore honour and integrity to public service by keeping the best and attracting the best.
"George Weah's victory in Liberia is a pointer that this dream is very realistic with you all on my side."
Kanu will be hoping to become Nigeria’s fifth president in the fourth Nigerian Republic by unseating incumbent president Muhammadu Buhari.
Happy April 1st

Saurce: www.goal.com/en-ng/news/arsenal-legend-nwankwo-kanu-to-run-for-president-of-nigeria/7dqfevkwhcyt10bynnjweokaw

hmmmm. I once predicted this many years back. The challenge however is will he be 'detamiined' to improve his spoken English?

2 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by kachi08(m): 5:36pm On Apr 02, 2018
Believe me, I will vote him.

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 02, 2018
Politics in Nigeria is evil and dark than that of Liberia.

Besides Nigeria need a President with certificate and brains.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Walelavender(m): 5:37pm On Apr 02, 2018
Papillo grin Try your shot. You have been silent about the development in the polity.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by miqos02(m): 5:38pm On Apr 02, 2018
Dead on arrival

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Mariangeles(f): 5:38pm On Apr 02, 2018
What!?...and have Amarachi as first lady?
Not in this life time!
A man that couldn't control his wife wants to be president of Nigeria... SMHgrin

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by CSTR1002: 5:38pm On Apr 02, 2018
He has paid his dues. Nigeria's greatest footballer ever.

Done far more for Nigeria than buhari and his gang combined .

One idiot even called him IPOB. SMH.

Some of these yorubas on nairaland Must have been sired by baboons.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Pinkyposh(f): 5:39pm On Apr 02, 2018
I am ever ready to vote for you, you have it already...thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Tonason: 5:39pm On Apr 02, 2018
This is a welcome development. A right step in a right direction. Nigeria needs people like him. Young and talented.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by mgdimagaladima(m): 5:39pm On Apr 02, 2018
na because Ronaldinho dey contest for his country abi? Abeg help me remain KANU that this is Nigeria where youths don't rule if I dey Lie let him go ask Baba Buhari and lie Muhammad etc ...
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by enemyofprogress: 5:39pm On Apr 02, 2018
With that his igbotic English grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by enemyofprogress: 5:40pm On Apr 02, 2018
miqos02:
Dead on arrival
gbam

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by wristbangle: 5:41pm On Apr 02, 2018
Can't people see that this is an April Fool thing?

The article ended with "Happy April First" na

2 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by dignity33: 5:41pm On Apr 02, 2018
marttol:
What I know is that if he actually contest I'm not voting him... I prefer someone who knows more about politics, not a footballer...

Though everyone loves papilo including me. cool
Is see no future in Nigeria they still prefer those past looters either because of tribe or favoritism
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by CSTR1002: 5:41pm On Apr 02, 2018
greggng:
No insult meant....let him go to school like George weah thereafter we will vote for him
Now, this is a good suggestion. He need to go to school like Peter Rufai.

An MBA course and he Will be good to go.

Nigeria should never make the mistake of electing an illiterate like buhari again. Governance is beyond good intentions.

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by HomeOfMe(f): 5:42pm On Apr 02, 2018
Anyone contesting for political office ahoui ha e a minimum of first degreu. They should make it a criteria.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by lildush(m): 5:43pm On Apr 02, 2018
Terminator1234g:
BUHARI FOREVER!!

IPOB GO LICK SHIT!!!
from dis post i can tell dat u need a refill of sense. because d 1u hav is getting too low....
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by systemz(m): 5:43pm On Apr 02, 2018
He should think of 2023 instead.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 02, 2018
olayinkaboss11:
lol Nigeria's George Weah

Kanu you have my vote already

No to Buhari
No to Atiku
No to Saraki
still contemplating about Sowore and Dankwambo
is that April fool
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Allee90: 5:43pm On Apr 02, 2018
Football is not politics. Moreover did he sought for Almajiris endorsement?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zlatan’s Reaction To Cristiano Ronaldo’s Wonder Goal Against Juventus / Ajuma Ameh Otache Dies At 33 / Any Reason Man-City Players Ignored Iheanacho's Goal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.