Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria (52124 Views)

Nwankwo Kanu And His Wife, Amara In Loved Up Photo / Nwankwo Kanu And Ronaldinho Pictured Together / Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by INTEGRITYA1(m): 6:59pm On Apr 02, 2018
DMerciful:
He needs to start from local govt chairman first grin

Is not always necessary, Donald Trump never started has local government Chaiman.

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2018
HomeOfMe:
Anyone contesting for political office ahoui ha e a minimum of first degreu. They should make it a criteria.
That means mark Zukerberg or Bill Gates cannot contest in your country. Broaden your horizon, sister.

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2018
olayinkaboss11:
Inspired by George Weah’s feat, the two-time African Player of the Year will contest and has vowed to improve his country’s standard of living
Former Nigeria international Nwankwo Kanu has announced he will run for president of Nigeria in 2019.
Kanu, who once played for Ajax, Inter Milan, and Arsenal during his active days, said he had the dream to transform the most populous black nation.
The 1995 Champions League winner has not hidden his love for politics after ending his professional career at Portsmouth in 2012.

While announcing his intention to run for president, Weah – the 1996 and 1999 African Player of the Year - addressed a number of his supporters.
“My presence here today is about the future of our country and the happiness of our people,” the 41-year-old said.
“The last 18 years of leadership has witnessed a decline in all critical sectors of life in Nigeria, plus general insecurity in the land.
“Also, I’ll do all it takes to wrestle corruption which has become blatant and widespread. The rest of the world looks at Nigeria as the home of corruption.
“If I get your mandate, I promise to do things differently and restore honour and integrity to public service by keeping the best and attracting the best.
"George Weah's victory in Liberia is a pointer that this dream is very realistic with you all on my side."
Kanu will be hoping to become Nigeria’s fifth president in the fourth Nigerian Republic by unseating incumbent president Muhammadu Buhari.
Happy April 1st

Saurce: www.goal.com/en-ng/news/arsenal-legend-nwankwo-kanu-to-run-for-president-of-nigeria/7dqfevkwhcyt10bynnjweokaw

Mtcheeew.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2018
Allee90:
Football is not politics. Moreover did he sought for Almajiris endorsement?
When he played for Nigeria and brought glory home, Almajiris loved him. Unless you poison their mind, they still love him.

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by EmekaBlue(m): 7:04pm On Apr 02, 2018
If youths come out he can win
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2018
He has to polish himself like George weah before entering the ring.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Kotodoctor: 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2018
Igbo don't rule nigeria.

Didn't Kanu get the memo.

Since they lost the way. The spoils has been share between yorubas and hausa.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by BluntBoy(m): 7:07pm On Apr 02, 2018
olayinkaboss11:
Inspired by George Weah’s feat, the two-time African Player of the Year will contest and has vowed to improve his country’s standard of living
Former Nigeria international Nwankwo Kanu has announced he will run for president of Nigeria in 2019.
Kanu, who once played for Ajax, Inter Milan, and Arsenal during his active days, said he had the dream to transform the most populous black nation.
The 1995 Champions League winner has not hidden his love for politics after ending his professional career at Portsmouth in 2012.

While announcing his intention to run for president, Weah – the 1996 and 1999 African Player of the Year - addressed a number of his supporters.
“My presence here today is about the future of our country and the happiness of our people,” the 41-year-old said.
“The last 18 years of leadership has witnessed a decline in all critical sectors of life in Nigeria, plus general insecurity in the land.
“Also, I’ll do all it takes to wrestle corruption which has become blatant and widespread. The rest of the world looks at Nigeria as the home of corruption.
“If I get your mandate, I promise to do things differently and restore honour and integrity to public service by keeping the best and attracting the best.
"George Weah's victory in Liberia is a pointer that this dream is very realistic with you all on my side."
Kanu will be hoping to become Nigeria’s fifth president in the fourth Nigerian Republic by unseating incumbent president Muhammadu Buhari.
Happy April 1st

Saurce: www.goal.com/en-ng/news/arsenal-legend-nwankwo-kanu-to-run-for-president-of-nigeria/7dqfevkwhcyt10bynnjweokaw

Correct the highlighted word, please.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by BluntBoy(m): 7:10pm On Apr 02, 2018
swiz123:
Which school did he graduate from?

Most footballers are illiterates.

Buhari has made us skeptical about illiterates

Do you know the meaning of "illiterate"

Moreover, must everyone go to school

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by israelmao(m): 7:10pm On Apr 02, 2018
Popularity may win election but you need a great deal of discipline and ability to response on the spur of moment to deliver on your promises.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 02, 2018
marttol:
What I know is that if he actually contest I'm not voting him... I prefer someone who knows more about politics, not a footballer...

Though everyone loves papilo including me. cool

WHAT IS POLITICS SIR? YOU THINK BUHARI KNWS ABT POLITICS? OR YOUR GOVERNOR. WHEN U SEE MONEY MYFRND U KNW POLITICS.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:16pm On Apr 02, 2018
iyke926:

Still 97% better than that of many educated Yoruba/Hausa men & women... grin grin cheesy
Many Nigerians love Kanu irrespective of their backgounds, because we believe he is for all of us. He is our golden boy. But if you decide to abuse other Nigerians because he is your kinsman, you will push people away from him.

You may wonder, why? It is because it would seem to others as if you are saying he is for you and your kinsmen alone. Remember he wants to lead us all so people won't like that. That will not be good for his ambition.

So, this is my advice: If anybody abuses him, talk to them without bringing their tribe into the matter. It is even better for you not to even talk at all with the kind of name you are bearing.

This is coming from a yoruba man who loves Kanu and does not want anyone to ruin his chances.

3 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 02, 2018
WORLDPEACE:

Many Nigerians love Kanu irrespective of their backgounds, because we believe he is fall all of us. He is our golden boy. But if you decide to abuse other Nigerians because he is your kinsman, you will push people away from him.

You may wonder, why? It is because it would seem to others as if you are saying he is for you and your kinsmen alone. Remember he wants to lead us all so people won't like that. That will not be good for his ambition.

So, this is my advice: If anybody abuses him, talk to them without bringing their tribe into the matter. It is even better for you not to even talk at all with the kind of name you are bearing.

This is coming from a yoruba man who loves Kanu and does not want anyone to ruin his chances.

Okay sir.

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by emmysoftyou: 7:25pm On Apr 02, 2018
CSTR1002:

What does buhari know about governance? And he is set to win a second term.

Kanu can brush himself up. He can get a few degrees in business administration, public administration, and personell management in 4 years.

Once he get those, he is going to be one of the most educated and qualified presidential aspirants in Nigeria's history.

He is a legend. Your greatest footballer ever and also a great philanthropist with his heart foundation that has saved hundreds and hundreds of poor Nigerian kids.
Have some respect.
you have said it all bro

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:29pm On Apr 02, 2018
hmm...funny talk indeed..please dont forget this my message....Nigeria is not Liberia
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by talk2percy(m): 7:38pm On Apr 02, 2018
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES ....TO KANU 2019! NO TO BUHARI..
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Ishilove: 7:57pm On Apr 02, 2018
This thread should have made the fp yesterday . Now it's stale grin

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Ishilove: 7:58pm On Apr 02, 2018
I'm shocked Nairalanders didn't understand the last sentence. Smh

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:03pm On Apr 02, 2018
marttol:
What I know is that if he actually contest I'm not voting him... I prefer someone who knows more about politics, not a footballer...

Though everyone loves papilo including me. cool
your demigod Buhari do he knw anything about politics
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by G8Arthur(m): 8:05pm On Apr 02, 2018
I volunteer my self to campaign for u Kanu. We don't want bloody politicians no more. They have blood on their hands we need a clean skate. If Kanu nwako can use his life savings to run his heart foundation, he is surely a selfless person. We are tired of all this fraudstars.
olayinkaboss11:

Happy April 1st

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by focus7: 8:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
olayinkaboss11:
lol Nigeria's George Weah

Kanu you have my vote already

No to Buhari
No to Atiku
No to Saraki
still contemplating on Sowore, Donald Duke and Dankwambo

Those of you calling Buhari an illiterate, did this your Kanu have a degree to his name?
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by mema900: 8:21pm On Apr 02, 2018
Terminator1234g:
BUHARI FOREVER!!

IPOB GO LICK SHIT!!!

Another Underaged Nairalander detected
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by focus7: 8:24pm On Apr 02, 2018
trustedward:
oha who una cum want, Saraki,Buhari or Attiku?

Tell me what makes Kanu own illiteracy different from Buhari's own?
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 02, 2018
'Happy April 1st' and y'all didn't realise that was April fool news.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Chosn4gr8tness(f): 8:34pm On Apr 02, 2018
; Papilo I know say one day you go make us proud. D

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Seun360(m): 8:42pm On Apr 02, 2018
Late Sub:-
Kanu Nwankwo for Nnamdi Kanu.
Conte style.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by higherpower: 8:46pm On Apr 02, 2018
Hope he remembers Weah contested three times. That's if he's following Weah' example
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Geesaintagape: 8:47pm On Apr 02, 2018
DMerciful:
He needs to start from local govt chairman first grin
just donad trump started
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by Geesaintagape: 8:51pm On Apr 02, 2018
April fool new
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:55pm On Apr 02, 2018
Kanu Nwankwo will have my support if he develops an economic team that will provide economic strategies that can pull our nation out of that financial crisis we find ourselves. Come up with ways to manage our resources and reduce wastage in the NNPC.It is a noble gesture to want to run for President to set things right but the task ahead is too big than just having a good mind to make things right.Good luck Papillo.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by clems88(m): 8:56pm On Apr 02, 2018
Papilo one day I know sey you go make us proud. grin cheesy could it be coming to pass grin
Re: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria by dcncorniels: 8:56pm On Apr 02, 2018
he as my vote already

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zlatan’s Reaction To Cristiano Ronaldo’s Wonder Goal Against Juventus / Ajuma Ameh Otache Dies At 33 / Any Reason Man-City Players Ignored Iheanacho's Goal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.