Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? (20844 Views)

Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? / The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events / Masturbation Is A Sin, No Matter Your View About It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by GoodBoi1(m): 9:39pm On Apr 01, 2018
I remember nairaland back in the days, when a thread like this came up, there will be scriptural backups all over the place but now people just post without any backing scripture
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by TimmyBrass(m): 9:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
thesicilian:

1. Psalm 37: 12 - 13

The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.
The LORD shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.

2. Psalm 2:1-12

Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord and against his Anointed, saying, “Let us burst their bonds apart and cast away their cords from us.” He who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord holds them in derision. Then he will speak to them in his wrath, and terrify them in his fury, saying, ...

3. Proverbs 1:26-28

I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when terror strikes you, when terror strikes you like a storm and your calamity comes like a whirlwind, when distress and anguish come upon you. Then they will call upon me, but I will not answer; they will seek me diligently but will not find me.
But the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he sees that his day is coming.

cool... this is about God laughing about unbelievers.. not that He's laughing at jokes.
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by Emmytohans: 10:22pm On Apr 01, 2018
Well, its not the comedy, the question is have we been the salt and light of the world as the bible said in Mathew. I think we have not really accomplished our missions or targets as believers, and also in the presence of the lord there is fullness of joy, in the sense that u don't need to bring and source externally. in summary, it is uncalled for.....
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by Antoeni(m): 11:16pm On Apr 01, 2018
Only stupid and foolish GO,pastors,Bishops,and those dat 're not called by God can entertain such nonsense,desecrating Gods Alter,Can those foolish and senseless So call Comedians crack their foolish jokes in the Mosques or there village shrine, May God ,Allah combine with Dangote and Amadioha consumer them

Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by Mollyallex(f): 11:40pm On Apr 01, 2018
Chikelue2000:
Nasarawa state, but Anambra is my state, do u know Prof Ekpunobi?

yes, I do
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by belcom10(m): 11:56pm On Apr 01, 2018
Open comedy show in church should be discouraged.
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by Cletus77(m): 12:27am On Apr 02, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Truth is if you go through my posts with a clear open unbiased mind you'll realise I don't "attack Christians" but I've been called all sorts of names today and attacked by Christians

What I do is to ridicule religion and god ideas but there's a difference between ridiculing a belief and ridiculing a believer. I do the former while people confuse it for the latter. You won't see me call people idiots, fools and other unprintable names.

Check through my posts today alone and see where I attacked a Christian then search for my monicker on Nairaland search bar and see those who's insulted me only today to prove it for yourself

I'll admit there are atheists that do attack Christians but these are few and far between and most do that as a reaction to an insult
Thank you for the explanation.
But I will advice you to desist from such, cos most religious people don't attack atheism, so the world will be a better place
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by cjfbn: 4:29am On Apr 02, 2018
GoodBoi1:

You should know that man was created in the image of God.
Wrong sir. You ever.
Man was created in the likeness of the image of God. It is blasphemy to use human attributes for God.
Christians should learn to ask questions and not accepting everything you are told hook, line and sinker. Soon we will start taking alcohol in church and say Christ turned water to wine.
Smh
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by GoodBoi1(m): 5:07am On Apr 02, 2018
cjfbn:

Wrong sir. You ever.
Man was created in the likeness of the image of God. It is blasphemy to use human attributes for God.
Christians should learn to ask questions and not accepting everything you are told hook, line and sinker. Soon we will start taking alcohol in church and say Christ turned water to wine.
Smh
It's the same thing, image of God, likeness of image of God. http://biblehub.com/genesis/1-27.htm
In the bible, there are various scriptures using human attributes whether physical, emotional for God. Even God uses characteristics of human relationships to portray His relationship with His people any bible-reading christian should know this. I'm not a hook, line and sinker Christian. I'll be back sometime later with excess scriptures.
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by toprealman: 6:16am On Apr 02, 2018
fatymore:
all in the name of kini oooo... Mind you I am a liberal person o
This is super story.....
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by Chikelue2000(m): 7:07am On Apr 02, 2018
Mollyallex:

yes, I do
he's married to my cousin uche. good morning dear
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by beaversticks(m): 7:27am On Apr 02, 2018
CuteMadridista:
Christianity itself is a comedy on its own with funny things like Talking Snakes, Talking Donkeys, a piece of fruit confers knowledge, witches, magic tricks called miracles, demons cause disease, zombies get up out of their graves and walk around Jerusalem, ghost stories, creator of the universe coming down to be killed by three nails etc.
.you know u didn't really have to spew trash all over
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by olowolekana: 7:47am On Apr 02, 2018
Comedy in church is s reflection of fallen church. They don't value the word of God more than comedy. All they are after is money.
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by CuteMadridista: 7:53am On Apr 02, 2018
beaversticks:
.you know u didn't really have to spew trash all over

I spoke truth
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by fatymore(f): 8:20am On Apr 02, 2018
toprealman:
This is super story.....
super story super story ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by erifoski(m): 8:43am On Apr 02, 2018
it is uncalled for, unethical and barbaric for a comedian to come into a church, collect microphone and make people laugh in the name of the Lord. it is the level to which Christianity has been become. But I tell u the truth that the foundation of God stranded sure.
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by Mollyallex(f): 10:17am On Apr 02, 2018
Chikelue2000:
he's married to my cousin uche. good morning dear

oh! really, they both lecture in same school.

Good morning to you
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by piagetskinner(m): 11:36am On Apr 02, 2018
totally wrong... that's like blasphemy... taking the name if the lord in vain

anybody that does that doesn't have respect for the body of Christ
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2018
all this Anti-Pentecostals sha
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2018
"A church that does not exist to reclaim heathenism, to fight evil, to destroy error, to put down falsehood, a church that does not exist to take the side of the poor, to denounce injustice and to hold up righteousness, is a church that has no right to be. Not for yourself, O church, do you exist, any more than Christ existed for Himself."

- Charles Spurgeon
"Never did the church so much prosper and so truly thrive as when she was baptized in the blood. The ship of the church never sails so gloriously along as when the bloody spray of her martyrs falls on her deck. We must suffer and we must die, if we are ever to conquer this world for Christ."
- Charles Spurgeon
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by thesicilian: 5:32pm On Apr 02, 2018
cjfbn:

Comedy in the church? This shows how empty the church is. To keep the congregation, they now bring comedians. Talk of serious Christians.
God laughs? Seriously? You now give God, the almighty father human attributes.
I am a Christian for your information.
We didn't give God human attributes. God gave humans His attributes. We were made in His image, remember?

As for inviting comedians to the church to keep the congregation, I frown at it in fact. Especially when all you hear are ungodly jokes.
But if there's a brother in the family (that is, the church) who is good at making others laugh and smile, should that talent be killed or encouraged?
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by thesicilian: 7:15pm On Apr 02, 2018
TimmyBrass:

cool... this is about God laughing about unbelievers.. not that He's laughing at jokes.
Same difference.
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by deebrain(m): 4:10am On Apr 03, 2018
As long as it is decent and for promoting and explaining a christian teaching.

There are many funny instances of events in the bible. Though you learn more from it.

If you have never read some events in the bible that provoked laughter from you-even events involving Jesus Himself, then you never read that bible outside what your pastors taught you in church.
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by talk2percy(m): 12:07pm On Apr 12, 2018
daveP:
See if you are a Christian that lives by the word of God, there is absolutely no just reason under the sun to call fellow Christians that live by that same word "holy holy " or "holier than thou"

See at the long run, there is always going to be evil in the church, that's why we are told to keep watching till the end. In Revelations, those seven churches were churches that today, the best church in standard can't trump or near their standards, yet Christ had issues with these 7churches. So no one is saying a perfect church exists. All that should be hinged on is that the devil is craftier than any pastor. And if that pastor has anointing to throw someone like superheroes, if he doesn't watch, evil will creep in.

The bible should be a standard for our lives. It should. Let's stop adding here and there by what we think is right or wrong. That's how devil creeps in via this laxity. The way you spoke to him isn't the best way... because I believe you should have heaven as destination too. so why tell him to leave the world that we were promised will end with fire someday for you, Asif you have plans to remain in it?

Final stance is that God's altar should be respected only. It is a consecrated altar. Consecrated is keyword here.

Why is that just hard for a believer to understand? Why?

Talking by what we all can see in the bible we claim is our standard, is that now a wrong, bad think if someone quotes the scriptures to justify why or why not something solid be done?

Way back in Old Testament times, one of the practices of prophets of Baal was just unprovoked jesting inside the very temple of Baal. Some died from it. Should we that are claiming separated from the world now be doing exactly what the world does in the name of lemme enjoy this freedom?

Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by Chikelue2000(m): 2:54pm On Apr 20, 2018
Mollyallex:

oh! really, they both lecture in same school.

Good morning to you
long time dear, sorry I have bin away for some time now
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by Mollyallex(f): 8:12am On Apr 21, 2018
Chikelue2000:
long time dear, sorry I have bin away for some time now

OK... welcome back .

Hope you've been good?
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by Chikelue2000(m): 8:33am On Apr 21, 2018
Mollyallex:

OK... welcome back .

Hope you've been good?
I am dear. today is my birthday
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by Mollyallex(f): 8:47am On Apr 21, 2018
Chikelue2000:
I am dear. today is my birthday

Oh! Happy birthday to you.
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by Chikelue2000(m): 8:50am On Apr 21, 2018
Mollyallex:

Oh! Happy birthday to you.
thank u dear... can I ask for ur..... em. em
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by Mollyallex(f): 9:20am On Apr 21, 2018
Chikelue2000:
thank u dear... can I ask for ur..... em. em

lol.. why are you stuttering?
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by Chikelue2000(m): 9:28am On Apr 21, 2018
Mollyallex:

lol.. why are you stuttering?
cos I don't know how u may reply me if I ask that.... I am so afraid of ladies
Re: What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? by Mollyallex(f): 11:13am On Apr 21, 2018
Chikelue2000:
cos I don't know how u may reply me if I ask that.... I am so afraid of ladies

Really?....there's nothing to be afraid of

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fufeyin Makes Prophecies With Colours, Insignia, Drawings In Cloths (Video) / Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans / Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.