Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,662 members, 7,813,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? (18161 Views)

The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events / What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 10, 2021
Some churches do stand up comedy. They invite comedians from outside, and possible within the church to crack some jokes on the altar.. To me, stand up comedy in church is ungodly and a sign of disrespect of the sacredness of God's altar. It is a mockery of the sanctity of God's altar. You don't tell jokes with some lies on God's altar. The altar of God is not for caricature, but for holy things that are pleasing to God.

What is your view?

102 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by NwaAmaikpe: 12:42am On Jul 11, 2021
shocked

In Matthew 21:12, Jesus used koboko on people who were doing things other than prayer in the temple.

It goes to show that any comedian who cracks a joke on the pulpit has just got himself a first class ticket to hell.

191 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by WiszyFraud: 12:45am On Jul 11, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Any comedian who cracks a joke on the pulpit has just got himself a first class ticket to hell.

grin grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Kobojunkie: 12:47am On Jul 11, 2021
livette:
Some churches do stand up comedy. They invite comedians from outside, and possible within the church to crack some jokes on the altar.. To me, stand up comedy in church is ungodly and a sign of disrespect of the sacredness of God's altar. It is a mockery of the sanctity of God's altar. You don't tell jokes with some lies on God's altar. The altar of God is not for caricature, but for holy things that are pleasing to God.

What is your view?
Una no dey dance for una church? undecided
Una no dey do party for una church undecided
una no dey do Play for una church? undecided
So why is a comedy sketch or even having a comedian come do stand up comedy out of the question? No be for social clubs all of this dey shele? undecided

P.S. churches are social clubs or business operated mainly for the 3entertainment of the members undecided

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by paxonel(m): 1:02am On Jul 11, 2021
livette:

What is your view?
do you think that place in front of church is God's altar?
You must be joking.

God's altar is right inside you, not any building or construction in front of church.

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Acts 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being.....

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Karlovych: 2:00am On Jul 11, 2021
embarassed embarassed I fully support it, the funniest one I heard was when a pastor said drove his vehicle from Ogun State to Lagos State without gas in the tank.

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Kobojunkie: 3:14am On Jul 11, 2021
Karlovych:
embarassed embarassed I fully support it, the funniest one I heard was when a pastor said drove his vehicle from Ogun State to Lagos State without gas in the tank.
How many miles/km was this drive for? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Karlovych: 3:21am On Jul 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How many miles/km was this drive for? undecided
0.00005 miles embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Bluezy13(m): 4:41am On Jul 11, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

In Matthew 21:12, Jesus used koboko on people who were doing things other than prayer in the temple.

It goes to show that any comedian who cracks a joke on the pulpit has just got himself a first class ticket to hell.

That's a fallacious statement.
The sin I know the bible said is irredeemable is the sin of blasphemy.
Some pastors crack jokes during sermon, does that mean they will go to hell ??
Where exactly in the bible is it written that when one makes someone laugh in the temple that one must go to hell ??
Sin is an immoral conduct. Is making someone happy an immoral conduct ??

I am neither a Christian nor in support of cracking jokes in churches but that doesn't mean that those who do it will not make heaven.
The bible has given a criterion for going to heaven which is only believing on Jesus Christ, and this makes me wonder what gives you such temerity to conclude that someone that just crack a mere joke will go to hell, and besides, you didn't even specify if the joke is an immoral joke or a harmless joke that does not in anyway adulterate the essence of the gatherings of God's people.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Monogamy: 6:11am On Jul 11, 2021
There is nothing bad about that but the comedians shouldn't be secular comedians

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by 111sunshine: 6:35am On Jul 11, 2021
When you realise that some of these churches are simply "money making ventures", then you will agree that any innovation to retain and attract new customers is accepted.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by AntiChristian: 6:42am On Jul 11, 2021
Comedy that contains lies and untruths!

1. Indaboski

2. God drank tea with Daddy GO.

3. Fake miracle of the same arm in many churches.

Add yours!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by HighWITCH: 7:12am On Jul 11, 2021
Of course. Anything can happen in a business centre.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by hopefulLandlord: 7:19am On Jul 11, 2021
christianity itself is a comedy on its own with funny things like talking snakes , talking donkeys , a piece of fruit confers knowledge, witches, magic tricks called miracles, demons cause disease, zombies get up out of their graves and walk around Jerusalem, ghost stories, creator of the universe coming down to be killed by three nails etc.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Exmilitant(m): 7:37am On Jul 11, 2021
Thats why i like Catholic.

14 Likes

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by tobechi20(m): 7:51am On Jul 11, 2021
Tro laff is not a sin
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by DropsMic(m): 8:25am On Jul 11, 2021
Yes
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Hypemanshuga: 8:25am On Jul 11, 2021
God hates comedians

1 Like

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by StrikeBack(m): 8:25am On Jul 11, 2021
grin
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 8:25am On Jul 11, 2021
CHURCHES ARE NOW WHERE PEOPLE GO TO LOOK FOR BOYFRIEND AND GIRLFRIEND AND SHOWCASE THEIR NEW CLOTHES!

RELIGION IS A SCAM

12 Likes

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by tunapawizzy: 8:26am On Jul 11, 2021
op getat
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Harrykn: 8:26am On Jul 11, 2021
Happy Sunday NLanders!

1 Like

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by iLegendd(m): 8:26am On Jul 11, 2021
No, I don't like it, but I watched someone on YouTube perform in Church and I liked his sense of humor and how cautious he was with his words.

It would've been funnier if it wasn't in Church.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Nickymichy(m): 8:26am On Jul 11, 2021
I seriously condemn it .. infact in my church, the moment such is about to happen, i go out till when it's over. I don't think such things should be allowed in the church.

12 Likes

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 8:26am On Jul 11, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Succint

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by tunapawizzy: 8:27am On Jul 11, 2021
livette:

What is your view?
u people will just be creating problems for urselves where there is no problem...How is comedy ungoldly....THANK GOD SAY SOME OF UNA NO BE GOD....life for hard lots of ur pastors crack jokes while preaching, u laugh ur ass out and shout 'tell dem pasta'...comedy n jokes no dey ungodly that time

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Lagosianswag: 8:27am On Jul 11, 2021
That's okay if the jokes are clean.
It's the new age's way of making church going exciting.

Even Angels Laugh Over Good Funny Jokes. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Gaddafi1: 8:27am On Jul 11, 2021
Inviting comedians is simply because the church is becoming more powerless and discovering that members are no longer interested in coming to church. Pastors spend all their energy preaching about money and forgetting messages on holiness and righteousness. It's quite sad because God now shares his altar with comedians who joke about fornication and adultery and then come to church pretending to be holy. Members will follow them online listening to such ungodly jokes... my two kobo.

7 Likes

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by phemmyfour: 8:27am On Jul 11, 2021
It is wrong

My house shall be called the house of prayer
Mt21:13

The Word of God is more than enough to bring JOY to my heart

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Seniorwriter(m): 8:27am On Jul 11, 2021
livette:

What is your view?

LMAO
Religion Na Politics in Nigeria, Africa.

@Seniorwriter
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by chukwuibuipob: 8:28am On Jul 11, 2021
sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dr. Sign Fireman Becomes United Nations Peace Ambassador / Kemi Olunloyo: We Should Stop Using Religion As Excuse For Character Defamation / How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.