Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,159 members, 7,849,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:34 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! (70492 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 19, 2010
@tkb,
Evans has become a liability since the back-end of last season.Apparently,the curses rained on his mother by SAF at the San Siro last season didn't do him any help.O'Shea=DOLT.
Didn't see much of Giggs,and Fletcher was efficient today,nothing more. . .
All kudos to Berba,that second goal na TELEVISION goal,I swear. .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Moonstone(f): 4:24pm On Sep 19, 2010
I am extremely proud of Berbatov. . . . for the second time in my life (first was against tottenham, obviously).

I said earlier that Rooney needs an intervention but now I stand corrected. . . Evans needs both intervention and therapy. At this juncture, I'll take my leave just so that I can taunt the heck out of Liver fools.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by MrTA(m): 4:30pm On Sep 19, 2010
I always felt Evans and Oshea are the weakest links in the defense and it showed today. The sooner we get Rio back in the side the better. Im happy for Berbatov because he has endured alot of criticism (from myself included) but he has had a fantastic start to the season and long may it continue. We definitely need to get our act together in terms of holding onto leads.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Moonstone(f): 4:35pm On Sep 19, 2010
Mr_TA:

We definitely need to get our act together in terms of holding onto leads.
Very right.
I don't know when we started getting so vulnerable after scoring a few goals. It's becoming disconcerting. Against Everton, we let a 2-goal lead slip, ending in a draw and now we ALMOST did the same thing. Thank God for Berbatov's actual skills.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Emperoh(m): 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2010
I am yet to convince myself that the much criticised Berbatov score those goals!
Ingenuity at its best. . . . . .am not surprised at O'shea's performance. . . .his is always static
No improvement and maybe no decline

What has become of Evan's confido is left to be imagined.
I wonder whats with him

As for Nani? He is gradually coming out of CR7's shadow!!
He continually made mince meat of Konchesky!!!
Eventhough he over did some!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 6:27pm On Sep 19, 2010
The 3 points is all I care about right now.
I'm not too worried about the defending . . . . WE DEFENDED WELL . . . . . YES I SAID IT . . . WE DEFENDED WELL!!!
VDS barely had any save to make . . . I can't even remember him making any saves at all.
We conceded a penalty and a FK, which they scored from . . . . that was all.

On the positive note - It was nice seeing Macheda getting a chance.
I've seen this boy play for the reserves this season and he is top quality.
His off the ball movement, pace, aggression is impressive not to talk of his finish and he is even skillful.

I think he needs more games in the first team to aid his development.
He is also getting BIGGER - I read in one of his interviews some weeks ago where he is said he has been spending a lot of time in the gym doing weight training to improve his strength and physique. He looked bigger than he was when he fist came into the team.

I think he will definitely start against Scunthorpe in midweek.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by A40(m): 6:59pm On Sep 19, 2010
Why do you guys hate Oshea this much? Last time I checked he provided that magnificent cross that gave the winner. Me thinks he had a solid game especially the first half
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 19, 2010
chamotex,
I dont think i agree with you when you say we defended well.Evan's tackle on Torres that led to the penalty was clumsy and it undid the solid work the defence had done till that point.Flat-footed O'Shea was all over the place,unable to time Torres' run properly and was a tad lucky to still be on the pitch.
If we defended well,we shouldn't have thrown away a two-goal lead for the second time in just over a weak.The defence is fragile.
Conceeding from a penalty and a free kick which were softly given away (all because the defences were all over the place) is criminal,but we can talk about it because we got three points.
@A-40,
I wonder what he's being paid to do if not to cross properly,which by the way he didn't do well till that one for the winner.So because he laid a cross,after clumsily conceeding a freekick that led to liverpool's equaliser,he should now be rewarded with a 100%pay-rise and knighted by the queen?The guy is a confirmed dud.Wonder how he manages to get in the side week-in,week-out.Maybe he washes SAF's plates everyday. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 7:34pm On Sep 19, 2010
Eastbay:

chamotex,
I dont think i agree with you when you say we defended well.Evan's tackle on Torres that led to the penalty was clumsy and it undid the solid work the defence had done till that point.Flat-footed O'Shea was all over the place,unable to time Torres' run properly and was a tad lucky to still be on the pitch.
If we defended well,we shouldn't have thrown away a two-goal lead for the second time in just over a weak.The defence is fragile.
Conceeding from a penalty and a free kick which were softly given away (all because the defences were all over the place) is criminal,but we can talk about it because we got three points.

Like I said before, apart from those two slip ups . . . we defended well and never gave Liverpool any chance in front of goal.
Torres couldn't do nada all game besides the penalty he earned.
Vidic put him in his pocket.
VDS didn't have anything to do all game.
Now go back a week to when we played Everton and check out how many clear cut chances Everton had to score.
It was a major improvement.

Todays game was against our arch rivals not just against any side . . . . and they never had any chance or any close attempt at goal.
Penalty was rash, no doubt . . . but overall defending was solid considering who we were up against.
I think we should give them some credit . . . this was the same back 5 that played against Everton.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 19, 2010
Just seen that Berbatov goal again. . .Television goal. . .has to be goal of the season. . at least thus far. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 7:52pm On Sep 19, 2010
Eastbay:

Just seen that Berbatov goal again. . .Television goal. . .has to be goal of the season. . at least thus far. . .

I've noticed he doesn't drop off as much as he used to.
He now plays further up . . . close to the last defender.
Could that be the reason he's scoring more goals?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 19, 2010
You might be right,mate.I think Rooney's the one dropping deeper instead.I'm not sure,but that's what I think.Rooney seems not to be the focal point of the attacks anymore.Dimi's positioning,aerial power and skill apparently make him a bigger threat in the box.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by ice234: 8:24pm On Sep 19, 2010
wat has berbatov eaten he's playing too well. the trust fergi has for him is manifesting
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by A40(m): 12:48am On Sep 20, 2010
Eastbay:

chamotex,
@A-40,
I wonder what he's being paid to do if not to cross properly,which by the way he didn't do well till that one for the winner.So because he laid a cross,after clumsily conceeding a freekick that led to liverpool's equaliser,he should now be rewarded with a 100%pay-rise and knighted by the queen?The guy is a confirmed dud.Wonder how he manages to get in the side week-in,week-out.Maybe he washes SAF's plates everyday. . .
How many defenders would not get their asses torched by Torres this is not Mike Eneramo we are talking about here heck he has made Ferdinand and Vidic look like imbec!les before so why do you think O'Shea shoulda done better? Well the bottomline is he did the job and got y'all the win anything else na story-land. He does a better job than G.Neville and is more reliable than Rafael and till Brown is back he is still your best option for that 2 spot
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 5:50am On Sep 20, 2010
Bros:two things-this is a very innefectual Torres we're talking about here, and he was not paying attention to Torres when he was moving.
There is no way he's our best option for that RFB.Rafael is STREETS ahead of him (apologies to Sauron-Mama really got him hard).Dude is flat-footed and dim witted.
Besides,I don't know what job he did when he wasn't troubled by Joke Cole.If he can't crosss decently or time his runs going forward.How is that anything positive for a defender. . .?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by A40(m): 7:13am On Sep 20, 2010
Eastbay:

Bros:two things-this is a very innefectual Torres we're talking about here, and he was not paying attention to Torres when he was moving.
There is no way he's our best option for that RFB.Rafael is STREETS ahead of him (apologies to Sauron-Mama really got him hard).Dude is flat-footed and dim witted.
Besides,I don't know what job he did when he wasn't troubled by Joke Cole.If he can't crosss decently or time his runs going forward.How is that anything positive for a defender. . .?
Torres ineffectual?? You musta forgotten how a half-fit Torres had Ferdinand choking on his jet fumes last season. A half-fit Torres is better than 80-85% of the strikers in English football!! I think your expectations are too high for the dude he didn't have a bad game. His flat-foot got an assist for the winner! Please remember to add that! Your much hyped Rafaeal coulda put y'all in trouble today with his inexperience then you would turn around and ask why Fergie played Rafael in a game of this magnitude? So is it O'Shea's fault that Joke Cole was not a threat? Do you just want to blame the dude for blaming sake?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 20, 2010
@A-40
Unless we're watching different Torres',the FT I've seen since the World Cup is as effective as chalk dust.If he's as good as you claim he is,how come he's done nothing to the point where people blast him for shoddy performances like the one against Birmingham.
Whatever you say about John O' Shea,he still remains the equivalent of Mikael Silvestre to you guys.Assist:yes.But over-all play:near zero.Joke Cole was clueless:any decent winger woulda skinned the slowpoke yesterday,even a fat internet slob like myself.
The guy has outlived his usefulness to us,abeg.It's because Fergie somehow keeps trusting him,that's why starlets like Rafael won't develop.He should be thanking his stars he was able to deliver one decent cross for the winner,otherwise,some of us would be having his head for dinner.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 8:22am On Sep 20, 2010
Torres was off colour 40boi; that wasnt the Torres we know but that shouldnt take away anythn from the win

whoever said we defended well is high on rice crispies

Evans got a penatly and Oshea woulda been sent off and that was good defending?

who cares if ur Goalie didnt make saves but if the game had ended 2-2 would u have said they defended well?

im sure Oshea and Evans must have been tongue lashed throughly by the coach.

Any kinda slip up in a game of that magnitude can swing the game to any direction. We played better but were lucky cos of the sublime skills of Berba. Rooney should go on holiday and i agree with Chamo, we need to see more of Macheda

Good victory, next is wtf do they call themselves?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by rasputinn(m): 8:53am On Sep 20, 2010
[size=14pt]Is Berbatov still Berba-Suck[/size]
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by HNIC(m): 9:11am On Sep 20, 2010
Its true Torres has been off colour
But which striker wouldn't.
'Pool's midfield isn't better than Eko United's midfield!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 9:30am On Sep 20, 2010
tkb417:

Torres was off colour 40boi; that wasnt the Torres we know but that shouldnt take away anythn from the win

whoever said we defended well is high on rice crispies

Evans got a penatly and Oshea woulda been sent off and that was good defending?

who cares if your Goalie didnt make saves but if the game had ended 2-2 would u have said they defended well?

I seriously don't know how you guys analyze your footie sometimes.
How can anyone say we didn't defend well . . . maybe they should go and watch the match again.
Can you tell me any chance LIVERPOOL had in the game? . . . I mean any goal scoring opportunity.
Yes, we conceded one rash penalty and a FK . . . how does that take away from the fact that we were playing Liverpool and they didn't even have a sniff at goal.

The scoreline is irrelevant here . . . we conceded from 2 set-pieces but overall the defenders should be given some credit FFS.
This was the same back 5 that was all over the place at Goodison Park where Everton coulda scored more than the 3 they did with a host of other clear cut chances and VDS making saves here and there.

Don't teams play well and still lose games . . . . so beacuse they lost, does that mean they didn't play well.
You guys need to put things into perspective when you analyze abeg.
Yes we conceded 2 goals and if it had ended 2-2, it would have been a bad result but I will still say the team DEFENDED WELL in this context of the match.

In football, the scoreline doesn't always reflect the way a team played.
I dont like repeating myself. cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 9:57am On Sep 20, 2010
you defended well and u chipped in 2 goals in less than 10 mins?

if Oshea was sent off, they'll have gotten another goal and yeah we defended well. Your fantasy league isnt rubbing of on you.
You only get to be commended for a job well done at the back when you dont concede and moreso the way we conceded the goals were point blank silly errors

so to this lame footie analyst, footie is about posession not about goals

You outplayed Pool, they got 2 goals, we got 2 goals and if the game had ended 2-2, how would that amount to good defending?

ol boi, its not rocket science

Get it into ur skull, the 2 goals were avoidable defensive blunders and if thats good defending; then i understand why u dont really get what we say here.

its fine. we defended very well but chipped in 2 stupid goals
clap for urself
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 10:02am On Sep 20, 2010
How can anyone say we didn't defend well . . . maybe they should go and watch the match again.
Can you tell me any chance LIVERPOOL had in the game? . . . I mean any goal scoring opportunity.
Yes, we conceded one rash penalty and a FK . . . how does that take away from the fact that we were playing Liverpool and they didn't even have a sniff at goal.
they didnt have a sniff at goal but got 2 goals. who cares if they got the goals via throw ins?
the defenders were supposed to ensure we didnt concede

The scoreline is irrelevant here . . . we conceded from 2 set-pieces but overall the defenders should be given some credit FFS.
This was the same back 5 that was all over the place at Goodison Park where Everton coulda scored more than the 3 they did with a host of other clear cut chances and VDS making saves here and there.
stop mis-interpreting simple english. we played well but our defenders made silly errors that nearly swung the game in other way
making schoolboi mistakes is not equal to not playing well. abi what are u on about?

Don't teams play well and still lose games . . . . so beacuse they lost, does that mean they didn't play well.
Yes we conceded 2 goals and if it had ended 2-2, it would have been a bad result but I will still say the team DEFENDED WELL in this context of the match
smh; u outplayed someone and u get 2 goals only for defenders to squander the lead to mistakes and yet we defended well

thank you bros

we have heard you and oh yeah, SAF feels the defenders got a reprieve cos of Berbatov

yeah, thats what the coach feels so who is chamotex to tell us otherwise?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 20, 2010
@chamotex,
A dead fly spoils the ointment.
When you give away cheap goals,it rubbishes whatever good work you've done in the past.
Two errors by defenders led to two goals.If two out of your back-four keep making silly errors like those yesterday,I wonder how far we'll go.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Moonstone(f): 5:40pm On Sep 20, 2010
chamotex:

Yes we conceded 2 goals and if it had ended 2-2, it would have been a bad result but I will still say the team DEFENDED WELL in this context of the match.

In football, the scoreline doesn't always reflect the way a team played.
I dont like repeating myself. cool

In that game, our game was great but how you say we defended well is what I'm still struggling with. We all know the former Manchester United defence and needless to say, we have deteriorated from what we used to be. That rash penalty and FK were the two things that could have been our undoing and that is 2 mistakes too many. I am just happy we came out with 3 points. Y'all know if we played Chelsea the way we played Liverpool. . . .it would have been disastrous.
What bothers me most is not the fact that we conceded two goals in the space of lightning, but the fact that this is the second time we are doing that in one week. . . it's depressing. Everton scored two goals in the most amazing way when we got complacent, what does that say to you? We can NOT be safe with any lead and no matter what, with this defence, we will always be on the edge until the whistle is blown. You should have seen me praying after we scored the 3rd goal and I really don't like feeling like that.

We played well, created opportunities but there is no room for errors in soccer. The scoreline doesn't always reflect the way a team played but that's all that matters in the end.

P.S. (So offtopic: I have a job for you to do, I'll let you know when we're both online smiley )
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 5:48pm On Sep 20, 2010
tkb417:

they didnt have a sniff at goal but got 2 goals. who cares if they got the goals via throw ins?
the defenders were supposed to ensure we didnt concede
stop mis-interpreting simple english. we played well but our defenders made silly errors that nearly swung the game in other way
making schoolboi mistakes is not equal to not playing well. abi what are u on about?
smh; u outplayed someone and u get 2 goals only for defenders to squander the lead to mistakes and yet we defended well

thank you bros

we have heard you and oh yeah, SAF feels the defenders got a reprieve cos of Berbatov

yeah, thats what the coach feels so who is chamotex to tell us otherwise?

Go and read my post again and comprehend what I typed properly.
Do I have to type it in Chinese? grin grin grin

I cant be bothered to re-quote myself.
I said besides the 2 slip ups, we defended well . . . what is hard to understand about that? undecided
There is a reason I put 'overall' in my statement.

Get it into your skull
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Don't take it personal man . . . it is what it is.
THE TEAM DEFENDED WELL!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 5:54pm On Sep 20, 2010
chamotex:

Go and read my post again and comprehend what I typed properly.
Do I have to type it in Chinese? grin grin grin

TKB still has hangover from that Sallah break. He is one of the reasons why Public holidays in Nigeria is bad He cant be sober for the next 3 weeks

For clarity Find below what Chamotex was trying to say in your local language

认真做好你们不知道如何分析您footie有时。
谁又能说我们没有防守很好。 。 。也许他们应该去观看比赛了。
你能告诉我任何机会,利物浦在比赛中表现如何? 。 。 。我的意思是任何进球的机会。
是的,我们承认一皮疹及罚款FK型。 。 。怎么会拿走的事实,我们是打利物浦,他们甚至没有一个嗤之以鼻的目标。

这里的比分是无关紧要的。 。 。我们承认2集件,但整体的捍卫者应给予一定程度的信贷农民田间学校。
这也是由五,在资源的地方,在古迪逊公园球场埃弗顿本应该得分超过3个,他们与其他明确的机会和自愿离职计划使主机做了所有保存在这里和那里。

不要队打得很好,仍然输的游戏。 。 。 。因为他们失去了,这是否意味着他们没有发挥好。
你们需要投入的角度分析阿贝格当你的东西。
是的,我们承认2球,如果它已经结束2-2,那将是一个坏的结果,但我仍然会辩护说,在这个团队的比赛情况良好。

在足球比赛中,比分并不总是反映一个团队的方式发挥。
我不喜欢重复自己。
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Moonstone(f): 6:02pm On Sep 20, 2010
dayokanu:

TKB still has hangover from that Sallah break. He is one of the reasons why Public holidays in Nigeria is bad He cant be sober for the next 3 weeks

For clarity Find below what Chamotex was trying to say in your local language

As for Tkb, he's always hung over. I don't know why you're surprised by that. Lol!

KAI! DK, was that really necessary? Do you even understand what that says? Please translate - ASAP. Ah ahn!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2010
Moonstone:

In that game, our game was great but how you say we defended well is what I'm still struggling with. We all know the former Manchester United defence and needless to say, we have deteriorated from what we used to be. That rash penalty and FK were the two things that could have been our undoing and that is 2 mistakes too many. I am just happy we came out with 3 points. Y'all know if we played Chelsea the way we played Liverpool. . . .it would have been disastrous.
What bothers me most is not the fact that we conceded two goals in the space of lightning, but the fact that this is the second time we are doing that in one week. . . it's depressing. Everton scored two goals in the most amazing way when we got complacent, what does that say to you? We can NOT be safe with any lead and no matter what, with this defence, we will always be on the edge until the whistle is blown. You should have seen me praying after we scored the 3rd goal and I really don't like feeling like that.

We played well, created opportunities but there is no room for errors in soccer. The scoreline doesn't always reflect the way a team played but that's all that matters in the end.

P.S. (So offtopic: I have a job for you to do, I'll let you know when we're both online smiley )

I never said we defended great . . . I said we defended well.
Sometimes we need to give the defenders some credit.
We were playing Liverpool - not West Ham
Even against Newcastle, Carroll had like 3 chances I can recollect right now, where they could have scored.
Liverpool didn't create any chance yesterday so much for our defending. Most of their passes where square and back passes.
They couldn't get the ball up to Torres all game until when O'Shea gave away the FK.

LIKE I SAID BEFORE THE SCORELINE DOESN'T ALWAYS REFLECT ON THE PERFORMANCE OF A TEAM.

[size=3pt]P>S - What is the job? Step into my office[/size]
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2010
I said besides the 2 slip ups, we defended well . . . what is hard to understand about that?
There is a reason I put 'overall' in my statement.
speak french

how many mistakes do u have to make to lose a game?

aside 2 slip ups, we defended well?

are you a football follower or u just started watching this game?

u think a team make plenty mistakes in a match?
i need a spiritualist to help me with what ure saying, its beyond my understanding
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 6:28pm On Sep 20, 2010
Don't take it personal man . . . it is what it is.
THE TEAM DEFENDED WELL!!!
take it personal ke?

thats how i debate; harsh but nothn personal

@DK and Moonstone
did you see me with alcohol?
una no well oh
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Moonstone(f): 6:30pm On Sep 20, 2010
chamotex:

I never said we defended great . . . I said we defended well.
Sometimes we need to give the defenders some credit.
We were playing Liverpool - not West Ham
Even against Newcastle, Carroll had like 3 chances I can recollect right now, where they could have scored.
Liverpool didn't create any chance yesterday so much for our defending. Most of their passes where square and back passes.
They couldn't get the ball up to Torres all game until when O'Shea gave away the FK.

LIKE I SAID BEFORE THE SCORELINE DOESN'T ALWAYS REFLECT ON THE PERFORMANCE OF A TEAM.

[size=3pt]P>S - What is the job? Step into my office[/size]

Funny thing is I'd be more afraid of playing against West Ham than Liverpool. They, Fulham and Middlesbrough (back in the day), have given me more heart attacks than I can bear.
As long as we stop conceding goals, I'll be happy.

[size=3pt]Public stuff but we need to find an offtopic place. . . i'm not a moderator, no pms. [/size]

@tkb, the thing is we don't have to see you with alcohol, we just know, lol.

@tkb and chamo, let there be peace in our house before gaynners step in here. They will capitalize on this, you know?

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (100)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) On 4th October 2015 / MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.