Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:56 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! (70482 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2010
Chamo oko omoge
I agree with ur points. We played well and overall we looked ok at the back till Evans messed up. We caved in again due to Osheas sluggishness.

See, the reason we looked comfortable initially was cos Liverpool didn't wanna come out to play ball. They had an Torres upfont and adopted Rangers style when they came visiting. If we had played Chelsea or Liverpool had come out smoking, Evans and Oshea woulda put us into trouble. And this is not the first time this season Evans has been misfiring.

See, my guy we need a) or best we allow Rafael to learn on d job and we need an experienced CB sharply if we know RIO is gonna be injured all the time.

Those errors were avoidable. On the balance of play, we looked ok but vulnerable when under pressure. The games against Pool, Fulham and Everton would buttress my point.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2010
@Moonstone
Chamo is my guy na. It seems u don't understand how we debate here. Nyways, maybe my mandarin spat was unnecessary; lol
I can't edit from ma mobile
Lol.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Moonstone(f): 9:56pm On Sep 21, 2010
tkb417:

@Moonstone
Chamo is my guy na. It seems u don't understand how we debate here. Nyways, maybe my mandarin spat was unnecessary; lol
I can't edit from ma mobile
Lol.
I was kidding. . . I understand y'all too well. I know if you see each other - it will be laughs and laughs.
Where is Chamo by the way?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 10:17pm On Sep 21, 2010
Chamo has gone to look for his babes
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 10:38pm On Sep 21, 2010
I'm busy at the moment . . .I'll be back in due course.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by RuuDie(m): 11:46pm On Sep 21, 2010
Moonstone:

You call conceding a penalty - unavoidable?
Then breaking up the wall - unavoidable too?

I am trying real hard to wrap my head around this. No penalty is unavoidable unless it is unjustly given. As for the FK - Everyone knows that the wall is important and it should not be broken up so easily.

Note. . . . i said somewhat unavoidable becuz -
8 of 10 defenders in J.Evans' position would do the same thing he did no matter how experienced. At that pount, most people watching were expecting F.Torres to go for goal; assuming F.Torres had not cut the ball back inside we would all be patting Evans on the back 'cuz it woulda been a spectacular block.

In the freekick incident - Mereiles pushed Fletcher; it was in the process of tryna readjust to sync with the others in the wall that the gap thru which the ball slinked thru appeared.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by RuuDie(m): 11:54pm On Sep 21, 2010
tkb417:

Ruudie
Liverpool didnt offer much in attack and yet they scored 2 goals

grin grin grin what happens when they offer much in attack?

thats football for u my man. . . . . it ain't always straightforward, clear-cut arithmetic or logic.
remember the famous greek national team that won the European Nations Cup in Portugal '04 - didn't particularly offer much in attack. . . . . . did they!!?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Moonstone(f): 12:04am On Sep 22, 2010
RuuDie:

Note. . . . i said somewhat unavoidable becuz -
8 of 10 defenders in J.Evans' position would do the same thing he did no matter how experienced. At that pount, most people watching were expecting F.Torres to go for goal; assuming F.Torres had not cut the ball back inside we would all be patting Evans on the back 'cuz it woulda been a spectacular block.

In the freekick incident - Mereiles pushed Fletcher; it was in the process of tryna readjust to sync with the others in the wall that the gap thru which the ball slinked thru appeared.
With the way Torres is playing these days, he can't score a goal even if the GK is on vacation and it's him and the post. . . jk. I agree that Evans tried but really, it did not have to result to a penalty.

Either way, it's depressing that we keep making mistakes like this. We're an experienced club and we can't be playing like that. It's just not right. Mistakes were made in the Everton game as well. All I'm saying is how many more mistakes can we afford to make?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by A40(m): 12:26am On Sep 22, 2010
tkb417:

not sure u got me
my points are clear
Torres was not in good form just like Rooney. We know how Torres does his thing, im sure Vida knows what im talking about
Oshea is one of the weakest links in UTD. Even his mother knows that.
Thats all i said

Me i still don't get why that wigga is so vilified i guess every team has their fall-guy sha. Plus i doubt O'Shea's primary assignment was to keep tabs on Torres the entire defence sucked as a unit mehn make una distribute the blame

I don't think Faggotson is stupid enough to stick with this weakest link for 7 years or so now surely he must be bringing something to the table

Eastbay:

Guy come on too.
First off,Ronaldo that came to OT  was in form that season.He was just coming off the World Cup win where he emerged top scorer.How much more in his prime could he have been?
Secondly,you might be right if you say Evans is our weak link right now,but John O'Shea cannot add anything much either.I don't see how clumsily bundling down an on-rushing striker is repaying Fergie's trust other than getting us in trouble.The guy is a certified DUD.Can you boldly say that Arsenal would make good use of an O'Shea?I'm sure you'd lose every two games with him in your side.Or why did you offload agent Silvestre?
Besdies,if we had caught a more competitive side,we shoulda lost that game on the right side of our defence.Thanks bro.At least something we both agree on,even though you refused to list me as a faithful United fan. . .no wahala,bro. . .
Before that World Cup was Ronaldo in form or not??  That is the point i am trying to stress before Korea/Japan WC he was practically written off and termed as obese and past it.

Well while i am not saying O'Shea is Maicon you guys are just magnifying his errors cos when it comes to clumsily bundling down on-rushing strikers Nemanja Vidic is the undisputed heavyweight champion!! O'Shea does not even come close but i guess in every sports franchise there is that player that just can't do no right. Not even one person gave him props for providing the winner to Berbatov on a plate and that says a lot.

There are worse players than O'Shea at Arsenal abeg lets not even go there! Agent Silvestre(WTF was Arsene thinking?)

A competitive side So Liverpool na wetin? Haba Eastbay can you hear yourself?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by RuuDie(m): 12:34am On Sep 22, 2010
Personally, I don't feel there's any cause for alarm. . . . . . I think the defending was a bit more assured than the fulham/everton games; meaning the guys are getting their acts together.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 3:33am On Sep 22, 2010
Pandemonium as usual on the scummies thread
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 6:55am On Sep 22, 2010
A-40
We all know some of our coaches would stick to dumb players for reasons best known to them

Should Oshea be wearing a UTD shirt? NO. Will Wenger bid for Oshea? NO. These kinda players are just there to fill the void whenever the need arises. Why SAF hasn't gotten someone who would put the likes of Oshea and Gary outta job is beyond me.

A team where the likes of Gary, Oshea and Brown are still calling the shots is not ready to compete with the likes of Barca and co cos when the chips are down, the quality in ur team is what u'll depend on to bail u out. As it is, till we get a good RB and replacment for ever injured RIO, we are still gonna be prone to schoolboi errors cos those guys are best average players and we should expect spectacular performances from them
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 22, 2010
@A-40,
So you want to talk about someone who was injured for several months with a esrious knee injury in the run-in to the same World Cup,so much so that his career was considered all but over,only for him to make the spectacular comeback he did in Japan/South Korea?Boy,don't drag this argument just for the sake of it.
From June 2002 to March 2003  and (even beyond when we met Real and he scored the hat-trick,he was on SONG.I don't give a hoot what happend.Point is,when United met Real,you could NOT discount Ronaldo de Lima as a spent force.
And about Liverpool,we'll see where they end up this season,because right now,Liverpool cannot be termed a big 10 club.Because you copped a lucky ddraw at Anfield doesn't make them competitive:all I need to do is look at Sunday's game to convince myself and no further.If you're expecting Liverpool this season to finish in the top 6,good luck to you.
And your comparison of O'Shea to Vidic is misplaced at the very best,because they are in parallel classes.O'Shea,in spite of his 7 years can only fantasize while w.an.king about being anything mear Vidic's shoelaces.See the way he was caught out ball-watching.
AS tkb said,Wenger will never bid for an O'Shea even if he was inhaling spanish fly while defiling one of your youngsters.Neither should he be a United player.Whatever you say doesn't change anything about somebody who refuses to improve or grow from when he made his debut in 2002.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by MrTA(m): 9:41am On Sep 22, 2010
It seems Bebe might play some part tonight. Owen looking to start as is Macheda, not sure about Hernandez.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 22, 2010
So we finally get to see Bebeto play. . .let's see where our 7 milla went. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by adagz01(m): 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2010
Some1 should tell SAF not to underate tonights game
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mbulela: 4:49pm On Sep 22, 2010
adagz 01:

Some1 should tell SAF not to underate tonights game

he is not, that is why he is playing Tiago Manuel Dias Correia.7.4 million no be beans grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by A40(m): 4:59pm On Sep 22, 2010
tkb417:

A-40
We all know some of our coaches would stick to dumb players for reasons best known to them

Should Oshea be wearing a UTD shirt? NO. Will Wenger bid for Oshea? NO. These kinda players are just there to fill the void whenever the need arises. Why SAF hasn't gotten someone who would put the likes of Oshea and Gary outta job is beyond me.

A team where the likes of Gary, Oshea and Brown are still calling the shots is not ready to compete with the likes of Barca and co cos when the chips are down, the quality in your team is what u'll depend on to bail u out. As it is, till we get a good RB and replacment for ever injured RIO, we are still gonna be prone to schoolboi errors cos those guys are best average players and we should expect spectacular performances from them
O'Shea is not dumb!! Maybe not the most skillful player but he has his virtues i repeat again every team needs an O'Shea someone willing to play his position and do exactly what the coach tells him to the best of his abilities

Should Derek Fisher wear an La Laker jersey?? After all when it comes to stats he is arguably the worst player in the league (If you watch basketball you would get my drift) With the titles you have won over the past 4 seasons what is the guarantee that the imaginary/dream RB coulda done better you guys should stop being greedy

Wenger did bid for Silvestre trust me he would jump on O'sheasy

While i agree you need replacements for Gary Neville,Brown et al you guys need to make do with what you have at the moment

Eastbay:

@A-40,
So you want to talk about someone who was injured for several months with a esrious knee injury in the run-in to the same World Cup,so much so that his career was considered all but over,only for him to make the spectacular comeback he did in Japan/South Korea?Boy,don't drag this argument just for the sake of it.
From June 2002 to March 2003  and (even beyond when we met Real and he scored the hat-trick,he was on SONG.I don't give a hoot what happend.Point is,when United met Real,you could NOT discount Ronaldo de Lima as a spent force.
And about Liverpool,we'll see where they end up this season,because right now,Liverpool cannot be termed a big 10 club.Because you copped a lucky ddraw at Anfield doesn't make them competitive:all I need to do is look at Sunday's game to convince myself and no further.If you're expecting Liverpool this season to finish in the top 6,good luck to you.
And your comparison of O'Shea to Vidic is misplaced at the very best,because they are in parallel classes.O'Shea,in spite of his 7 years can only fantasize while w.an.king about being anything mear Vidic's shoelaces.See the way he was caught out ball-watching.
AS tkb said,Wenger will never bid for an O'Shea even if he was inhaling spanish fly while defiling one of your youngsters.Neither should he be a United player.Whatever you say doesn't change anything about somebody who refuses to improve or grow from when he made his debut in 2002.
Ohh so it was Torres's injury that was not serious?? Do you realize he almost missed the World Cup?? Despite the injuries he struggled with all through last season he was still in double digits as per goal scoring so why do you suddenly think he is useless because of a bad run of games. If we agree Ronaldo was not a spent force then what makes Torres one now??

Whether Liverpool get relegated is not the argument here thats their fat-luck. The argument is Liverpool still have that rep and any fixture with them is always going to be a keenly contested one regardless of their present predicament

A lucky draw?? Yeah i know but you conveniently seem to forget you lost your last two fixtures there

You where talking about clumsily bundling an on-rushing striker and i just pointed to you that Nemanja Vidic is the master of that! If i start with how many times he does that Nairaland's server would crash!! No twist my words i never said O'Shea was better

Don't count on that! Wenger paid for Silvestre!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 5:09pm On Sep 22, 2010
Mr_TA:

It seems Bebe might play some part tonight. Owen looking to start as is Macheda, not sure about Hernandez.

Sir Alex already said Macheda and Bebe will definitely feature. They were not in the reserve squad that played Bury on Sunday.

Also, we might get a chance to see promising forward Nick Ajose tonight.
He was given the number 38 shirt yesterday. Coincidence?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mbulela: 5:29pm On Sep 22, 2010
tkb417:

A-40

A team where the likes of Gary, Oshea and Brown are still calling the shots is not ready to compete with the likes of Barca and co cos when the chips are down, the quality in your team is what u'll depend on to bail u out. As it is, till we get a good RB and replacment for ever injured RIO, we are still gonna be prone to schoolboi errors cos those guys are best average players and we should expect spectacular performances from them
Guy, this matter is not as simple as it seems.
the truth wey fergie no wan talk na say money no dey like before, so he can not compete like he used to in the market.
While Arsene will not buy Sheasy (JOS), he has Eboue on his books and some people will argue that Sheasy is a better player.
every team needs squad players and that is what O'Shea is.he might not have developed as expected since 02 but his versatility and his limited expectations are useful.
Gary Neville is playing his last season and the reason why he has lasted this long is that Wes has been unable to stay injury free for any relative period of time.Wes is a very good defender and a decent full back but injuries have been a handicap.
Rafael is the heir apparent but you and i know that he needs time.Since the Bayern match, he seems to have gotten into Fergie's bad book but like a rod and staff, i know that Fergie will comfort and nurture the lad.
Pique was let go because Evans was believed to have a better future (irrespective of the fact that Pique wanted to go home, he would have remained if fegie did not believe in Evans).It seems a crazy choice today but hindsight is an interesting course of study and very easy to earn a PHD in.
If Evans toughens up a bit and cuts out his lack of concentration at vital moments (i hope Rio did not bite him?), he will be a top,top defender.In the absence of Rooney, he will be the United skipper in four years time (take that to the bookies  wink).However, the truth is that Evans and Smallings would have to mature faster than usual else Fergie would have to spend big bucks to bring in a partner for Nemanja (Rio would soon be over).
Where i have my worries is at LB.Patrice is due a week in the Caribbean. That is how fatigued the guy is. He has not had a decent rest in 3 years and it is showing in his game.Fabio's progress has been slower than i expected.considering the fact that he was more highly regarded than Rafael, i am disappointed.
The midfield is all over the place and the earlier Scholes and Giggsy start having bad games consistently, the better for the club.

my prayers and thoughts are with Antonio Valencia.
You only have to take a look at Alan Smith and see why Antonio needs all the prayers he can get.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mbulela: 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2010
chamotex:

Sir Alex already said Macheda and Bebe will definitely feature. They were not in the reserve squad that played Bury on Sunday.

Also, we might get a chance to see promising forward Nick Ajose tonight.
He was given the number 38 shirt yesterday. Coincidence?

is he as promising as Welbeck? tongue
all these reserve and academy players and the hype around them.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 5:46pm On Sep 22, 2010
mbulela:

is he as promising as Welbeck? tongue
all these reserve and academy players and the hype around them.

He's way younger than Welbeck.
And yes he is promising . . . . . he is still 18.
Being promising is one thing . . . achieving potential is another.
If you've seen him play, you will definitely know that he's promising.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mbulela: 5:51pm On Sep 22, 2010
^^^^
seen a clip or two of him but not enough to form an opinion.
I mentioned Welbeck cos the hype was enormous but i fail to understand it.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 6:00pm On Sep 22, 2010
Mbulela
nice analysis

im with u on Fabio; i think he was the captain for Brasil U17 and he shone brilliantly in the youth tourney

i hear you on Oshea but i dont think hes better than Eboue grin grin

abeg, if we need squad players, let our outstanding young players fill the void.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Moonstone(f): 6:24pm On Sep 22, 2010
I love Macheda and I can't wait for him to feature in today's match. I know he won't disappoint me sha. . .

Red Devils All the way!

P.S.: I miss my darling Valencia cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 6:31pm On Sep 22, 2010
mbulela:

^^^^
seen a clip or two of him but not enough to form an opinion.
I mentioned Welbeck cos the hype was enormous but i fail to understand it.

The lad is a promise. . . .that's all he is at the moment.
He's been promoted from the youth academy to the reserves.
Being promising doesn't necessarily mean you will turn out to be a 'star'.
He is still learning his trade but we dont know what he  will turn out to be.
The signs are there - but that doesn't mean anything.

Welbeck was and still is a promise, isn't he?
He's still young and playing in a Premiership side.
Are you writing him off already?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Moonstone(f): 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2010
^^[size=3pt]I'm fighting with you, stop trying to be cute jare[/size]^^^

No matter how much I hate Arsenal, they always have a player that I have weak knees for. . . this time it's Chamakh, can we steal him? lipsrsealed embarassed
Guys, what if we draw today? I will cry o! Thank God I have many guys to comfort me, lol cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mbulela: 7:04pm On Sep 22, 2010
Moonstone:

^^[size=3pt]I'm fighting with you, stop trying to be cute jare[/size]^^^

No matter how much I hate Arsenal, they always have a player that I have weak knees for. . . this time it's Chamakh, can we steal him? lipsrsealed embarassed
Guys, what if we draw today? I will cry o! Thank God I have many guys to comfort me, lol cheesy

I don't feel you on that guy o.
i can't see anything spectacular there.
The interesting thing is that i hear Nigerians have Nigerianized his name - Chiamaka
chamotex:

The lad is a promise. . . .that's all he is at the moment.
He's been promoted from the youth academy to the reserves.
Being promising doesn't necessarily mean you will turn out to be a 'star'.
He is still learning his trade but we dont know what he  will turn out to be.
The signs are there - but that doesn't mean anything.

Welbeck was and still is a promise, isn't he?
He's still young and playing in a Premiership side.
Are you writing him off already?

Not writing him off.just don't see a promise worth the hype i was hearing from the academy and reserves.
remember Sylvan Ebanks-Blake?

i agree with you on your points anyway.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 7:23pm On Sep 22, 2010
mbulela:

Not writing him off.just don't see a promise worth the hype i was hearing from the academy and reserves.
remember Sylvan Ebanks-Blake?

i agree with you on your points anyway.

I get what you are saying.
I didn't say he will be the next best thing since sliced bread - that will be hyping.
All I said was that he looks promising.

Ebanks-Blake? Never really rated him but dude's record in the lower division is excellent . . .he just cant cut it in the premiership.
He olny played 2 games for United and scored 1 goal . . .both in the league cup.
Never expected him to succeed at United then.
You know there always some players that you know wont make the grade no matter what e.g. Carthcart, Lea, Jones etc even Richardson.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 7:38pm On Sep 22, 2010
Chicharito and Owen start upfront.
Nice to see Anderson in the starting line up too
Rio and Wes at the back . . . solid
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Moonstone(f): 7:49am On Sep 23, 2010
mbulela:

I don't feel you on that guy o.
i can't see anything spectacular there.
The interesting thing is that i hear Nigerians have Nigerianized his name - Chiamaka [b][/b]

Lol - Trust my people to spoil his name already.
What I like is the way he brings energy into the game. He gets gaynners all excited. Before Berbatov started performing well, we were losing some of our enthusiasm (even if it was still there).

I miss Valencia. . . I can't believe they took him out for the season. We're not Arsenal and this should so not be happening to us so soon.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 23, 2010
moonstone,
Chamakh looks like an underfed giraffe with his long neck.wonder why you are getting weak in the knees for him?
As per Valencia,his one-leggedness is actually making me not miss him.His dependency on his right leg really limits him.It's up to Nani,Obertan to shine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (100)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) On 4th October 2015 / MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.