Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,660 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality (4636 Views)

Hypocrisy Of Society When It Comes To Gender Equality. / Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? / Which Gender Will Be Worst Affected By Widespread Adoption Of Sex Robot? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:51pm On Apr 02, 2018
donstan18:

Prove him wrong and stop running around.
Because I have not seen you around I would grace you with a reply never quote me on this issues again gender equality and feminism.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:52pm On Apr 02, 2018
MrMystrO:
I think Women need to understand that A man being stronger than a woman is not the Issue, Far from it. That is the fact and can never be changed. However, the important thing is Ensuring No one is Abused or Taken Advantage of because of their Gender. You can Never Fight a Gender war and win.. However, We can try to make the world a better place for Every gender.

Real feminism in my Opinion is To be Championed by Rational People, And Not Sentimental People. Unfortunately Feminism appeals more to Females based on Sentiments other than Logic and this is Has to change Fast Or risk Turning the movement into a joke!
I love this.Anyway everyone has their opinion's.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:54pm On Apr 02, 2018
Shugavee:
friends really They do their thing while i do mine, !! But i will continuously repeat myself women r not weak it's the society that has made Women belive that!! Yes we hv physical difference but that does not mean women r weak
If you are a christian the bible calls you a weaker vessel both physically,emotionally mentally etc.

1 Like

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by MrMystrO(m): 5:56pm On Apr 02, 2018
Shugavee:
now here is where u get it wrong!!! when we say women r smart
Men: r u trying to say women r smarter than men??
We want equality!! I understand the pysical difference but both gender work together for a productive society!! We cant do witout each other!!!! No gender is superior!!

Answer this question with a simple yes or no. On the Average, Are males Naturally "Physically" Stronger than females?
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by donstan18: 5:57pm On Apr 02, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Because I have not seen you around I would grace you with a reply never quote me on this issues again gender equality and feminism.

Kindly shurup and prove what I asked you to prove undecided

Awon e-goat member that can't strike a simple point to oppose a cliche.

*Spit*
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:00pm On Apr 02, 2018
donstan18:

Kindly shurup and prove what I asked you to prove undecided

Awon e-goat member that can't strike a simple point to oppose a cliche.

*Spit*
Obim that is your problem I know what I am talking about I don't need to impress you or anything if you like call me e- goat to make yourself feel better no problem but you got the message If you like say I know nothing of what I am talking about I love to read everyday and gain knowledge so if you like say I know nothing that is your problem but I don't get involved in things I have no knowledge about.

1 Like

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:03pm On Apr 02, 2018
MrMystrO:

Answer this question with a simple yes or no. On the Average, Are males Naturally "Physically" Stronger than females?
On a average yes I could fairly say on my own statistics and ratio it could be 80%male and 20% female in terms of physical strength.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Shugavee(f): 6:16pm On Apr 02, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
If you are a christian the bible calls you a weaker vessel both physically,emotionally mentally etc.
i am a Christian but i dont believe in the bible!! Historically the bible makes no sense, a book written solely by men, men who say they were inspired by God how?? U saw when God said let them be light n there was light!! Those guys were high on weed!!!!Espeacially the old testament none of them were there o!! Even Abraham story was Not written by Abraham !! Futher with the fact that the bible is not complete, joining with the fact that the book was written in a time when women were seen as less, women were not even counted!!! So this how it is for me!! I refuse to belive such rubbish!!! Salvation is personal, i belive Jesus came to this world not only the bible agrees with that,i love Christ n i wish to be christ_like!! A good caring n loving man!! HevGave two instructions love God n love ur neighbour as urself!!! He didnt say love a woman differently, he said love ur neighbour as URSELF, TREAT everyone the way u treat urself!!! N thats my salvation , other than that, preach till death , i will keep on telling u salvation is personal!! Do ur own while i do mine!! I was born from a good Christian home, Christianity is part of me already but education has change alot of things!!!

1 Like

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by MrMystrO(m): 6:18pm On Apr 02, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
On a average yes I could fairly say on my own statistics and ratio it could be 80%male and 20% female in terms of physical strength.

Okay, with that being said we can agree that thats a fact we can't take away. What we can do then is to work out a plan on that basis to make sure that That does not imply anything significant or serve as a disadvantage to the weaker gender. We have to make sure nobody is abused in the Society because they are Females and that can be done by ensurimg very strict punishment for whoever defaults this. That is what i believe can be done.

But when we try to be sentimental and Purposely Blind to the truth, Then all you get is Unnecessary Ranting and moving in Circles because it just won't Work!
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Shugavee(f): 6:19pm On Apr 02, 2018
MrMystrO:

my answer is NO!!! Pysically they both hv the area where they dominate!! A man can carry 10 bag of rice but can a man carry a man in his stomach No they ain't pysically made that way!!!
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by CAPSLOCKED: 6:21pm On Apr 02, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
What is that suppose to mean? undecided

LOL.. LADY H... I... P. ARE YOU HER FRIEND?
shocked
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by donstan18: 6:21pm On Apr 02, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Obim that is your problem I know what I am talking about I don't need to impress you or anything if you like call me e- goat to make yourself feel better no problem but you got the message If you like say I know nothing of what I am talking about I love to read everyday and gain knowledge so if you like say I know nothing that is your problem but I don't get involved in things I have no knowledge about.

This reply melted my heart undecided

Very innocent and harmless. cheesy
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by MrMystrO(m): 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2018
Shugavee:
my answer is NO!!! Pysically they both hv the area where they dominate!! A man can carry 10 bag of rice but can a man carry a man in his stomach No they ain't pysically made that way!!!

Okay, I'm done With this Argument. This is just what i wanted to hear to end this because i can definitely now tell you're a kid totally devoid of reality, Living in a fantasy Land. You can't even look around you and RATIONALLY Observe what you see Lol. Maybe someday when you're mature enough, Your sentimentality will evaporate like the wind and Reality will hit you like a Hard Rock. Have a nice day.
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by OriakuAmara(f): 6:24pm On Apr 02, 2018
Boring *yawns*

1 Like

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by CAPSLOCKED: 6:25pm On Apr 02, 2018
Shugavee:
i am a Christian but i dont believe in the bible!! Historically the bible makes no sense, a book written solely by men, men who say they were inspired by God how?? U saw when God said let them be light n there was light!! Those guys were high on weed!!!!Espeacially the old testament none of them were there o!! Even Abraham story was Not written by Abraham !! Futher with the fact that the bible is not complete, joining with the fact that the book was written in a time when women were seen as less, women were not even counted!!! So this how it is for me!! I refuse to belive such rubbish!!! Salvation is personal, i belive Jesus came to this world not only the bible agrees with that,i love Christ n i wish to be christ_like!! A good caring n loving man!! HevGave two instructions love God n love ur neighbour as urself!!! He didnt say love a woman differently, he said love ur neighbour as URSELF, TREAT everyone the way u treat urself!!! N thats my salvation , other than that, preach till death , i will keep on telling u salvation is personal!! Do ur own while i do mine!! I was born from a good Christian home, Christianity is part of me already but education has change alot of things!!!

LOL.

YOU'RE EVEN MORE CONFUSED THAN I WAS INFORMED. grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by CAPSLOCKED: 6:26pm On Apr 02, 2018
donstan18:

This reply melted my heart undecided
Very innocent and harmless. cheesy
OGA GOAN REST.
NOBODY WANTS TO FIGHT WITH YOU. tongue
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by CAPSLOCKED: 6:27pm On Apr 02, 2018
MrMystrO:

Okay, I'm done With this Argument. This is just what i wanted to hear to end this because i can definitely now tell you're a kid totally devoid of reality, Living in a fantasy Land. Maybe someday when you're mature enough, Your sentimentality will evaporate like the wind and Reality will hit you like a Hard Rock. Have a nice day.

grin grin
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Shugavee(f): 6:28pm On Apr 02, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL.

YOU'RE EVEN MORE CONFUSED THAN I WAS INFORMED. grin
yes o that's how i see things!! Am confused to u but very okay to myself!!! N hey what do u do for me? Nothing
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by donstan18: 6:28pm On Apr 02, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

OGA GOAN REST.
NOBODY WANTS TO FIGHT WITH YOU. tongue
Food is served cheesy
Enjoy her.
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Shugavee(f): 6:30pm On Apr 02, 2018
MrMystrO:

Okay, I'm done With this Argument. This is just what i wanted to hear to end this because i can definitely now tell you're a kid totally devoid of reality, Living in a fantasy Land. You can't even look around you and RATIONALLY Observe what you see Lol. Maybe someday when you're mature enough, Your sentimentality will evaporate like the wind and Reality will hit you like a Hard Rock. Have a nice day.
take care
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by CAPSLOCKED: 6:30pm On Apr 02, 2018
Shugavee:
yes o that's how i see thing!! Am confused to u but very okay to myself!!! N hey what do u do for me? Nothing

I HAVE PITY FOR YOU.
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:46pm On Apr 02, 2018
Shugavee:
Preach sister.Nice one.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:47pm On Apr 02, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL.. LADY H... I... P. ARE YOU HER FRIEND?
shocked
Yes I am grin

3 Likes

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by CAPSLOCKED: 6:50pm On Apr 02, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Yes I am grin

THEN I HAVE PITY FOR YOU AS WELL. grin

YOUR FRIEND IS A CHRISTIAN WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE THE BIBLE BECAUSE OF THE OLD TESTAMENT, BUT BELIEVES THAT SALVATION IS PERSONAL, AND WANTS TO BE LIKE JESUS, THE SON OF THE BIBLE GOD.

DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:52pm On Apr 02, 2018
MrMystrO:

Okay, with that being said we can agree that thats a fact we can't take away. What we can do then is to work out a plan on that basis to make sure that That does not imply anything significant or serve as a disadvantage to the weaker gender. We have to make sure nobody is abused in the Society because they are Females and that can be done by ensurimg very strict punishment for whoever defaults this. That is what i believe can be done.

But when we try to be sentimental and Purposely Blind to the truth, Then all you get is Unnecessary Ranting and moving in Circles because it just won't Work!
I like your thinking to some extent. coolIf I talk now they would say I am being sentimental when in reality I like to be egalitarian and objective in my views grin

2 Likes

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THEN I HAVE PITY FOR YOU AS WELL. grin

YOUR FRIEND IS A CHRISTIAN WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE THE BIBLE BECAUSE OF THE OLD TESTAMENT, BUT BELIEVES THAT SALVATION IS PERSONAL, AND WANTS TO BE LIKE JESUS, THE SON OF THE BIBLE GOD.

DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?
But there are christians who share her view Na.Some have even said the old testament is for jews grin she has made Jesus Christ her way and not religion she has decided to have a personal relationship with him.

1 Like

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by UDUJ(m): 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2018
Gender Equality means getting the same treatment whether you are male or female. It means equal job opportunities with equal pay, regardless of whether you are male or female. It means being treated the same under the law, regardless of your gender.

The main advantage is that men and women can now achieve all the same things in life, from the same careers, job types, and rise up in the ranks in the same fashion, with the exact same limits. This is a good thing.

On the other hand, there are some serious disadvantages as well.
Gender equality destroys the traditional gender roles of society, and that includes the cultural mores and standards that govern courtship and marriage.

With gender equality, women no longer need to be pretty to attract men. Women no longer need a man to provide for the family. Women no longer need men, period. And the same is true: men no longer need to protect women, no longer need to be the breadwinner for women, no longer need women.

In my view, men and women are fundamentally different, especially on a biological, physical level, and we need to be conscious of this fact and accept it.

I’m not saying women should not have the same rights and opportunities as men. Far from it. But we need to make sure it makes sense.

Women and men are different biologically, have less physical strength compared to men.If you want to pretend that men and women are the exactly the same, you will end up with a neutered, sexless society.

Society and civilization itself was built on that basic premise. We destroy it, we may end up destroying human civilization itself.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by CAPSLOCKED: 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
But there are christians who share her view Na.Some have even said the old testament is for jews grin she has made Jesus Christ her way and not religion she has decided to have a personal relationship with him.

BUT IF THE OT IS FOR JEWS WHAT IS IT DOING IN THE CHRISTIAN HOLY BOOK? AND WHY DID JESUS NOT CONDEMN AND REJECT IT? INSTEAD HE ACCREDITED IT FINALLY AND PUT HIS SEAL.
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:07pm On Apr 02, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

BUT IF THE OT IS FOR JEWS WHAT IS IT DOING IN THE CHRISTIAN HOLY BOOK? AND WHY DID JESUS NOT CONDEMN AND REJECT IT? INSTEAD HE ACCREDITED IT FINALLY AND PUT HIS SEAL.
That is the question christian apologists have refused to answer Jesus even said he had come to fulfill the law.Seriously we need to ask emperor Constantine and king James.And the roman catholic church.Why they compiled it like that.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Reallymilky(f): 7:12pm On Apr 02, 2018
The concept of gender equality can be likened to a kinda mirage.... It's unrealistic. Men are definitely different from women in all worthwhile ramifications. This differences makes certain task or situation suit one gender than the other. Although, interchange of responsibility may occur. Fighting for gender equality is a misplaced priority if you ask me . A man is a man, a woman is a woman and men and women are human.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by CAPSLOCKED: 7:28pm On Apr 02, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
That is the question christian apologists have refused to answer Jesus even said he had come to fulfill the law.Seriously we need to ask emperor Constantine and king James.And the roman catholic church.Why they compiled it like that.

CLEARLY NOT INSPIRED BY SOME SUPERNATURAL BEING.

LET'S NOT DERAIL.
wink
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 02, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

Jesus was a dubious fellow, the kind of dude that wants to be friends with everyone so he tells half truths and half lies. He claimed to approve and 'fulfill' the Old Testament, when a lot of the things he said clearly contradict it. Also, when he was about to be murdered, they asked, 'Are you the Son of God'. . .and in the book of Luke, he didn't answer straightforwardly, he said "You said so".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reactions As Photo Of Flavour With A N@ked Women Goes Viral / Ladies Have Been Rejecting My Proposal / How Do I Quit Mastubation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.