Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality (4698 Views)

Hypocrisy Of Society When It Comes To Gender Equality. / Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? / Which Gender Will Be Worst Affected By Widespread Adoption Of Sex Robot? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
Reallymilky:
The concept of gender equality can be likened to a kinda mirage.... It's unrealistic. Men are definitely different from women in all worthwhile ramifications. This differences makes certain task or situation suit one gender than the other. Although, interchange of responsibility may occur. Fighting for gender equality is a misplaced priority if you ask me . A man is a man, a woman is a woman and men and women are human.
I agree with you but try and read about it you are entitled to your opinion if it was a mirage I don't think the opportunities you have today would have been possible.You don't seem to understand what it's about.

1 Like

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 03, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Leave Diana's love life out of this she could leave themyscira.Nice chatting with you I got to go.We are still enemies cool
angry Alright then! Enemies Forever grin grin grin
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by kense88: 11:09am On Apr 03, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
For this comment I can officially say we are enemies angry grin
If you have a problem with your husband(God forbid), who would you prefer to settle/judge the matter, your father in-law or your mother in-law ? Men generally make better leaders
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:29am On Apr 03, 2018
kense88:
If you have a problem with your husband(God forbid), who would you prefer to settle/judge the matter, your father in-law or your mother in-law ? Men generally make better leaders
Carry your stereotypes to yourself I don't believe that, leaders are readers and it could be any gender male or female leadership is an attribute that does not reside in only one gender.I don't like third party arrangements or interference and if such ever happens to be sincere it is my mother or mother in-law I would report to.

1 Like

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2018
Reallymilky:
The concept of gender equality can be likened to a kinda mirage.... It's unrealistic. Men are definitely different from women in all worthwhile ramifications. This differences makes certain task or situation suit one gender than the other. Although, interchange of responsibility may occur. Fighting for gender equality is a misplaced priority if you ask me . A man is a man, a woman is a woman and men and women are human.
. Nice one. Keep it up
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by kense88: 8:50pm On Apr 03, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Carry your stereotypes to yourself I don't believe that, leaders are readers and it could be any gender male or female leadership is an attribute that does not reside in only one gender.I don't like third party arrangements or interference and if such ever happens to be sincere it is my mother or mother in-law I would report to.
Just like good leadership does not reside only in one race, but is a common knowledge that African leaders are generally worse than there European counterparts. Is one thing to be highly educated and another thing to make decisions without emotional attachment, when the chips are down. Men control there emotions much better than women, hence the reason why they make better leaders.
What we have in this country are not feminist, but bitter, aggrieved and disgruntled set of women, who confuse every other guy out there with there ex lover who dumped them, probably because of there shitty attitude. Hope your not one of them.

For sure, there are few women out there that can make excellent leaders, but the truth is, whether you like it or not men are more rational and make better leaders.
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:24pm On Apr 03, 2018
kense88:
Just like good leadership does not reside only in one race, but is a common knowledge that African leaders are generally worse than there European counterparts. Is one thing to be highly educated and another thing to make decisions without emotional attachment, when the chips are down. Men control there emotions much better than women, hence the reason why they make better leaders.
What we have in this country are not feminist, but bitter, aggrieved and disgruntled set of women, who confuse every other guy out there with there ex lover who dumped them, probably because of there shitty attitude. Hope your not one of them.

For sure, there are few women out there that can make excellent leaders, but the truth is, whether you like it or not men are more rational and make better leaders.
I am a feminist but I don't know whether I am bitter I like to speak my mind as it is.I believe there is a way we train our children that make people agree or believe that men are not emotional.I don't believe in gender stereotyping and I have seen emotional men and men who cannot make better decisions.I know of women who have made good decision without sentiments a perfect example is my mother who is strict hardly carried away and a no nonsense person but she has a good heart.I myself would love to enter into tholings of leadership especially politics that is why I read a lot.In as much as some of the things you have written could be true I don't believe in all of it.We have strong and weak women and vice versa.If women are more emotional why is it easier for women to control their emotions and resists temptations from the male folks.

1 Like

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by kense88: 8:15am On Apr 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I am a feminist but I don't know whether I am bitter I like to speak my mind as it is.I believe there is a way we train our children that make people agree or believe that men are not emotional.I don't believe in gender stereotyping and I have seen emotional men and men who cannot make better decisions.I know of women who have made good decision without sentiments a perfect example is my mother who is strict hardly carried away and a no nonsense person but she has a good heart.I myself would love to enter into tholings of leadership especially politics that is why I read a lot.In as much as some of the things you have written could be true I don't believe in all of it.We have strong and weak women and vice versa.If women are more emotional why is it easier for women to control their emotions and resists temptations from the male folks.
Please can you explain how we train our children, that makes people have such believe.

Is not a stereotype, is a reality. There is a reason why men are traditionally considered the head of a family. Sure there are few women who can do well or better.

I believe resisting sexual advances, is different from good leadership. That aside, I believe women are not allowed to express themselves sexually in our society. For instance, a 19 year old cute guy that came for American idol, told the judges that he has never kissed a lady in his life. Katy perry, one of the judges, called him over to there table and planted a kiss on his cheek. Such thing will never happen in Nigeria. Our ladies don't want to be labeled a slut.
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:21am On Apr 04, 2018
kense88:
Please can you explain how we train our children, that makes people have such believe.

Is not a stereotype, is a reality. There is a reason why men are traditionally considered the head of a family. Sure there are few women who can do well or better.

I believe resisting sexual advances, is different from good leadership. That aside, I believe women are not allowed to express themselves sexually in our society. For instance, a 19 year old cute guy that came for American idol, told the judges that he has never kissed a lady in his life. Katy perry, one of the judges, called him over to there table and planted a kiss on his cheek. Such thing will never happen in Nigeria. Our ladies don't want to be labeled a slut.
Nobody is heading me.Our relationship is egalitarian so no need and besides I am not a traditional person or over religious either so I don't believe in leadership by gender.That said now you believe it is different but you said women were emotional.So you don't know that leaving domestic work for females alone is stereotype.You don't know that telling a boy not to cry that only ladies and weak men do that Is stereotype.Do a research mr man.on how Africa society train their male and female children differently is called stereotyping.What reality are you talking about?Stereotyping and traditional roles is a reality lol.Was a woman or a man born to believe that one is emotional while the other is stronger or was it not because of their training and societal conditioning that made them believe so.Was a man born to believe that he is the head and that it is a man's world or was it society that told him so?Society obviously tells all these and because of how they were trained not because they were born that way.I agree with the women expressing sexuality part but it seems to be changing a bit.

1 Like

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by kense88: 9:29am On Apr 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Nobody is heading me.Our relationship is egalitarian so no need and besides I am not a traditional person or over religious either so I don't believe in leadership by gender.That said now you believe it is different but you said women were emotional.So you don't know that leaving domestic work for females alone is stereotype.You don't know that telling a boy not to cry that only ladies and weak men do that Is stereotype.Do a research mr man.on how Africa society train their male and female children differently is called stereotyping.What reality are you talking about?Stereotyping and traditional roles is a reality lol.Was a woman or a man born to believe that one is emotional while the other is stronger or was it not because of their training and societal conditioning that made them believe so.Was a man born to believe that he is the head and that it is a man's world or was it society that told him so?Society obviously tells all these and because of how they were trained not because they were born that way.I agree with the women expressing sexuality part but it seems to be changing a bit.
I didn't say your man must head you. All am saying from my experience and exposure, men do better than ladies.

Both genders have their strength and weaknesses. Women are better nurturers while men are better leaders. Just the same way they have male and female categories in weightlifting, where men category are expected to lift heavier weight than women, because they are considered to be stronger(that doesn't mean you can't find a girl stronger than a guy)but as far as both genders is consinged, strength lies with the men. How many inventions can be attributed to women ? Are you also going to blame the society for that ?Ask your friends/relatives who have worked under a lady and a guy as there bosses and listen to their experiences.

Sure, women have important roles to play in our society, and the biggest of them all is imbibbing the right morals/values in our future leaders, yes is a collective effort, the man has to contribute, but children spend most of there time with there mothers. They influence our children more. Mind you, am a very liberal minded man, but this is the reality.
Until women stops accepting unmerited favours, accept to participate in sports in the same category with men, accept equal financial family responsibility with men, ready to fend of bullies on there own without looking for male assistance, they will never be taken serious in this country.
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:08am On Apr 04, 2018
kense88:
I didn't say your man must head you. All am saying from my experience and exposure, men do better than ladies.

Both genders have their strength and weaknesses. Women are better nurturers while men are better leaders. Just the same way they have male and female categories in weightlifting, where men category are expected to lift heavier weight than women, because they are considered to be stronger(that doesn't mean you can't find a girl stronger than a guy)but as far as both genders is consinged, strength lies with the men. How many inventions can be attributed to women ? Are you also going to blame the society for that ?Ask your friends/relatives who have worked under a lady and a guy as there bosses and listen to their experiences.

Sure, women have important roles to play in our society, and the biggest of them all is imbibbing the right morals/values in our future leaders, yes is a collective effort, the man has to contribute, but children spend most of there time with there mothers. They influence our children more. Mind you, am a very liberal minded man, but this is the reality.
Until women stops accepting unmerited favours, accept to participate in sports in the same category with men, accept equal financial family responsibility with men, ready to fend of bullies on there own without looking for male assistance, they will never be taken serious in this country.
And who told you women have not been doing the aforementioned.Some women are breadwinners.What reality your 20th century view.It is obvious you are primitive to classify women as nurturers and men as leaders.FYI the world has passed that stage so deal with it.I don't agree with some of the things you wrote up there and I can gladly tell you that progressive people don't buy the awkward stereotyping you put up there.Don't quote me again and have a nice day.You ask me how many women inventors do we have google is your friend or is it not obvious that we don't have a high number of women inventors because society before the era of feminism did not give women the same opportunities as men and that they were relegated to the background because of the mentality like yours that women are good with only children.Women inventors are not as much as men because during that time of inventions women were sitting at home and women rights had not been acknowledged to allow them have such opportunities to invent.Let me name some for you Marie curie radioactivity,Nancy Johnson,Rosalind Franklin etc and these inventions came after the western society acknowledged women's rights.All what I have written to you is based on research and fact finding missions and I am sure these researchers are also a part of the so called reality you mentioned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by kense88: 11:03am On Apr 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
And who told you women have not been doing the aforementioned.Some women are breadwinners.What reality your 20th century view.It is obvious you are primitive to classify women as nurturers and men as leaders.FYI the world has passed that stage so deal with it.I don't agree with some of the things you wrote up there and I can gladly tell you that progressive people don't buy the awkward stereotyping you put up there.Don't quote me again and have a nice day.You ask me how many women inventors do we have google is your friend or is it not obvious that we don't have a high number of women inventors because society before the era of feminism did not give women the same opportunities as men and that they were relegated to the background because of the mentality like yours that women are good with only children.Women inventors are not as much as men because during that time of inventions women were sitting at home and women rights had not been acknowledged to allow them have such opportunities to invent.Let me name some for you Marie curie radioactivity,Nancy Johnson,Rosalind Franklin etc and these inventions came after the western society acknowledged women's rights.All what I have written to you is based on research and fact finding missions and I am sure these researchers are also a part of the so called reality you mentioned.
If been progressive in your own terms means been deluded and not accepting reality, please I don't want that kind of progressiveness. Men and women are not the same, each gender has area there natural instinct permits them to have advantage over the other, that is fact. Even in western countries were feminism is prevalent, the differences between the two genders is respected. Yes western women have really come a long way, that's why feminism as a topic is even considered worthy of discussion. Like i said in my previous post we don't have feminists in this country, we have group of aggrieved ladies who want to eat there cake and have it back. They want equal right with men but not equal responsibility.

As a feminist you claim to be, is quite shocking that you never saw anything wrong in the story i posted in my previous post about Katy perry and the 19 year old cute guy, who she actually assaulted sexually and dented his chances of performing well. Actually some real feminist condemned it, but fake ones like you will look the other way, then start shouting when the role is reversed.
Stop disturbing us, when your serious with feminism , we will know.
Re: Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:05am On Apr 04, 2018
kense88:
If been progressive in your own terms means been deluded and not accepting reality, please I don't want that kind of progressiveness. Men and women are not the same, each gender has area there natural instinct permits them to have advantage over the other, that is fact. Even in western countries were feminism is prevalent, the differences between the two genders is respected. Yes western women have really come a long way, that's why feminism as a topic is even considered worthy of discussion. Like i said in my previous post we don't have feminists in this country, we have group of aggrieved ladies who want to eat there cake and have it back. They want equal right with men but not equal responsibility.

As a feminist you claim to be, is quite shocking that you never saw anything wrong in the story i posted in my previous post about Katy perry and the 19 year old cute guy, who she actually assaulted sexually and dented his chances of performing well. Actually some real feminist condemned it, but fake ones like you will look the other way, then start shouting when the role is reversed.
Stop disturbing us, when your serious with feminism , we will know.
I can't be doing this with you boy have a nice day.You are free to think whatever you like so long as you got the message.The crap you wrote there was never what I wrote and don't try to misquote me I never said we were the same.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls Am I Normal??? / What Do I Do With This Girl? Advice Needed! / Fact Check: Do Big Dicks Actually Loosen Up A Woman's Vagina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.