Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,663 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:31 PM

How Many Ladies Mess Up The First Date With Their Dream Guy: Dos And Don'ts - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Many Ladies Mess Up The First Date With Their Dream Guy: Dos And Don'ts (489 Views)

Many Ladies Are Lonely In Europe / Reasons Many Ladies End Up Marrying The Wrong Man / Many Ladies In The Late 30s Never Saw It Coming – Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Ladies Mess Up The First Date With Their Dream Guy: Dos And Don'ts by jamale: 7:38am On Apr 03, 2018
So you have finally struck gold. You have got a BIG DATE with this Trey Songz look alike and dude is well spoken,charming, calm and sophisticated as hell. Congratulations, you are now the envy of all your female colleagues

But...

You are going to screw this up like the last three ones just because of your social ineptitude. Anyway, you are in luck.I am Jamale Obunaga and I deal with things like this. So, follow the simple tips in this post and let us make sure you don't screw things up, ever AGAIN!

. 1. Bring your A Game:Energy,ladies. Don't sit back and expect him to do the talking.Fire questions at him.Crack jokes and exemplify social grace.Be in tune with pop culture, from music to the latest Twitter trends to gist making the rounds on Facebook. Mr Dream Date will savor the experience and would want to see you again and again and again..

Don't be controlling or dominant during the conversation. Be relaxed and listen to his opinion.Men are always required to do the listening but do ladies actually listen?I hate it when I have to remind a lady of things I said five minutes ago. It simply means she has a memory like a sieve and would easily forget to turn off the gas after cooking and burn down our matrimonial home.

2. Pay attention to every detail about your appearance. Don't dress conservative and don't look like a video vixen either. Your appearance reveals a lot about you. Don't send the wrong signals. Mr Dream guy might be looking to settle down but your cleavage might be saying "I am an easy lay.Go for it,tiger".

I went on a date with a lady I met via a dating service. l was at a loss for words and a wee disappointed when my date showed up looking like Gloria Bamiloye meets Chioma Jesus. Her appearance simply told me all I needed to know about her and the rest of the date was as exciting as a political rally on Christmas Day because . If eyes are the window to the soul then the appearance is the door and the keyhole. Years ago,I went on another date with this five foot seven cutie with a supermodel body.Just my luck. I was at the receiving end in this real life scenario. There I was, "charming" her ass off only for her to send me a Whatsapp message later that I didn't bother to tie my shoelaces. I was shattered. That year was quite memorable for me because that was when I discovered Whatsapp.Needless to say.

Dress the way you want to be  loved.

3. Never order the most expensive item on the menu.The outcome of EVERY first date is based on perception. Every action ,gesture or facial expression is a cue and is taken into account, consciously or subconsciously. So , curb your enthusiasm.Don't look too excited because he looks like Kofi Siriboe or disappointed because he looks like Chinwetalu Agu. He might be flattered at the excitement but it might give him the impression that he doesn't have to "work" to win you over.That being said, accepting to go out on a date doesn't necessarily mean "yes" to a relationship,booty call or a one night stand.

4. Exude mystery.Hold something back. Don't be hasty to tell him about the time you were almost raped or the time you were crowned home coming queen or how.Mystery is sexy.Let him discover you, one phone call at a time. Only tell him what you think he needs to know.I would leave that to your discretion. If you have a kid from a previous relationship, then don't hesitate to keep it one day longer.Let him know so he can decide if he wants to pursue a relationship with a baby mama.His call!!!

5. Don't bring your friends to a date and if you are guilty of this social faux pas because you are such a good and thoughtful friend who never wants to have fun without her playmates then be ready to pay for them.It is no longer a date if Mr Dream Date has to worry about entertaining you, Adesuwa and Claire and don't bother asking me what it is.

A date is between two persons with the similar aim of  pursuing something which could be an offshoot of compatibility. Three is a crowd and "the more,the merrier" saying is unlikely in the context of dating.Moral of the lesson:Keep your buddies at bay.

Jamale Obunaga
Relationship, Stories, Life,Sex and Health

1 Like

Re: How Many Ladies Mess Up The First Date With Their Dream Guy: Dos And Don'ts by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 03, 2018
Asking him "what are ur plans about marriage? A guy ur age can't say he's not in a relationship?" Might be too early in a first date. No rush am into marriage comittment. Let him always see u as willing and available to be there for him when he needs you...that's better. But many girls no get dat patience.
Re: How Many Ladies Mess Up The First Date With Their Dream Guy: Dos And Don'ts by kilokeys(m): 7:46am On Apr 03, 2018
True
Re: How Many Ladies Mess Up The First Date With Their Dream Guy: Dos And Don'ts by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 03, 2018
This is so.

(1) (Reply)

Wedding Bells ...mmenyene And Mefiok / The Many, many types of STD's: Sexual Education 101 (for Dummies) / Why Is It That All Ladies Are After Emoney's Money Check The Screen Shot ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.