Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" (1404 Views)

Why Do Girls Always Ask This But Guys Don't? / Guys Never Invite A Lady To Pass The Night In Your Place (my Story) / He Kneels To Propose To His Girlfriend, But Her Other Lover Came Out In Boxers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by alimaa: 6:20pm On Apr 03, 2018
Right from time immemorial i have always heard girls say "my girlfriend" but i have never heard any guy say "my boyfriend". I also hear girls call their fellow girls "sweetheart" but you can NEVER hear such among guys. Please who has also observed this?
Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by Chuksmonika(m): 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2018
Instead,we use ,,,,my man or my guy,my nigga....by the way,have you also noticed that two guys can liv in a room without having misunderstanding,but two ladies can't

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by obojememe: 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2018
my boyfriend sounds gay-ish

1 Like

Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by highqueen(f): 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2018
nobody is stopping you naw.

3 Likes

Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by izuch(m): 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2018
alimaa:
Right from time immemorial i have always heard girls say "my girlfriend" but i have never heard any guy say "my boyfriend". I also hear girls call their fellow girls "sweetheart" but you can NEVER hear such among guys. Please who has also observed this?

"My boyfriend" would only make you sound like a faaggot if you're a dude undecided

2 Likes

Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by ifex370(m): 6:27pm On Apr 03, 2018
Ayu mad? undecided

1 Like

Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by MissRaine69(f): 6:35pm On Apr 03, 2018
alimaa:
All girls do this?
Don’t generalise....it depends on the depth of the friendship and your mindset
Some guys look at thier friends as a brother of sorts and have that sort of relationship
Some women too , for instance my two close friends have been in my life from the age of 3 years and 6 respectively we are more than just sweetheart it’s deep affection.

And from a cultural perspective our society tends to promote a stoic way of expressing ones self when it comes to men so obvious shows of affection can be misinterpreted ...especially these days when homophobia is everywhere.
Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by MrSensor(m): 6:37pm On Apr 03, 2018
alimaa:
Here where I live a girl cannot refer another girl as a girl friend either. Its taboo. A girl can only refer another girl as a friend and not a girl friend. Hope it makes sense.

By MrSensor
Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by OriakuAmara(f): 6:40pm On Apr 03, 2018
alimaa:
its like you have a deep fantasy of calling your fellow man sweet romantic names.
Go on, who is holding you.

1 Like

Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 03, 2018
Ladies Are naturally Born With Traces Of Sexual Attraction To Fellow girls... But For Guys, hell No...

If A Girl Sits To Close To Me I Might just End Up Putting My Hand Around Her Shoulder but If A Guy Sits too Close To Me, na Fight Go End Am

1 Like

Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by xpac01(m): 6:48pm On Apr 03, 2018
Judas Iscariot things...

In fact I suspect Judas to be a lady.

They kiss each other on the lips but kill each other in their heart.

That's why at slightest provocation, you see venoms flying to and fro the so called sweethearts.

But we niggas, we call each goats, dead pig, big head, born by mistake, etc. But easily make up without any much cracks like the opposite.

I don't know if I am speaking the mind of guys in Nigeria because here in 042 that's how we roll... smiley smiley
Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by alimaa: 6:55pm On Apr 03, 2018
OriakuAmara:
its like you have a deep fantasy of calling your fellow man sweet romantic names.
Go on, who is holding you.

You are wrong, why is it that many people on Nairaland are just unfriendly? When you try to interact before you know it you are attacked. This is the main reason why so many people on this forum only read comments without making contribution. We are just interacting, we don't need to throw insults at anyone.
Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by 2dice01: 7:13pm On Apr 03, 2018
xpac01:
Judas Iscariot things...

That's why at slightest provocation, you see venoms flying to and fro the so called sweethearts.

But we niggas, we call each goats, dead pig, big head, born by mistake, etc. But easily make up without any much cracks like the opposite.

I don't know if I am speaking the mind of guys in Nigeria because here in 042 that's how we roll... smiley smiley

dead pig faa? shocked
Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by Macnnoli4(m): 7:24pm On Apr 03, 2018
Check dictionary meanings of both 'Girlfriend' and 'boyfriend' and you get your answer.
Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by MissJoy29(f): 8:59pm On Apr 03, 2018
Macnnoli4:
Check dictionary meanings of both 'Girlfriend' and 'boyfriend' and you get your answer.
Have you ever checked it yourself? If you have, you would know there are actually two definitions of those terms. But a lot of you make the mistake of thinking the meaning is only that of romance.
So I'm giving you an assignment. Kindly check out the meaning in your dictionary.
Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by ERORR404(m): 9:16pm On Apr 03, 2018
Why would you even think of a topic like this?

Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by alimaa: 10:01pm On Apr 03, 2018
Please no need for E-war
Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 03, 2018
alimaa:

Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by Martin0(m): 10:36pm On Apr 03, 2018
[quote author=lefulefu post=66410806][/quote]
hahahahaha hahahahahagringrin
Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:36pm On Apr 03, 2018
xpac01:
Judas Iscariot things...

Fallacy of hasty generalisation, you definitely ain't seen guys who diss their fellow guys, their homies because of a girl, they have been with you for long but will diss you in the name of winning a girl's heart, a girl they have just met, there are a lot of weak minded guys who can't balance their friendship between their friends and their spouse
Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 03, 2018
Martin0:

hahahahaha hahahahahagringrin
i just tire for all these booty bandits and their gayish questions cheesy
Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by Martin0(m): 10:39pm On Apr 03, 2018
lefulefu:
i just tire for all these booty bandits and their gayish questions cheesy
haha hahahahah hahahahahgringrin something most kill a man nagrin

1 Like

Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by xpac01(m): 10:57pm On Apr 03, 2018
Tajbol4splend:

Fallacy of hasty generalisation, you definitely ain't seen guys who diss their fellow guys, their homies because of a girl, they have been with you for long but will diss you in the name of winning a girl's heart, a girl they have just met, there are a lot of weak minded guys who can't balance their friendship between their friends and their spouse

Lions are strong creatures, that does not mean there ain't weak lions in the jungle.

When I say men I mean real blooded niggas.

1 Like

Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:00pm On Apr 03, 2018
xpac01:

Lions are strong creatures, that does not mean there ain't weak lions in the jungle.

When I say men I mean real blooded niggas.

Well then, I seen guys of different kinds though
Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by plessis: 11:56pm On Apr 03, 2018
ERORR404:
Why would you even think of a topic like this?
I actually read this meme in rileys voice.
Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by santos41: 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2019
MissRaine69:

All girls do this?
Don’t generalise....it depends on the depth of the friendship and your mindset
Some guys look at thier friends as a brother of sorts and have that sort of relationship
Some women too , for instance my two close friends have been in my life from the age of 3 years and 6 respectively we are more than just sweetheart it’s deep affection.

And from a cultural perspective our society tends to promote a stoic way of expressing ones self when it comes to men so obvious shows of affection can be misinterpreted ...especially these days when homophobia is everywhere.
Is homophobia not in the female sex, why is categorized for men only? I hear it's common more amongst women.
Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by santos41: 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2019
Ladies Are naturally Born With Traces Of Sexual Attraction To Fellow girls... But For Guys, hell No...

If A Girl Sits To Close To Me I Might just End Up Putting My Hand Around Her Shoulder but If A Guy Sits too Close To Me, na Fight Go End Am

Oh Really! Why didn't I notice that?��
Re: Girls Often Say "My Girlfriend" But Guys Never Say "My Boyfriend" by lilmonarch(m): 1:17pm On Sep 11, 2019
santos41:
Is homophobia not in the female sex, why is categorized for men only? I hear it's common more amongst women.
don't mind her.. Ladies have that innate lesbian tendency. see, straight girls get turned on when lesbians are making out whereas reverse is the case for men. Can't imagine my rod getting erect at the sight of gays making out. yuck!!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I'm 26 & Wants To Get Married By 27 What Do You Advise? / [must See] Lol!! This Fan Tried To Channel Nicki Minaj And This Is The Result / Twitteruser Gets Savage Response After Saying Being Broke At 25means You’re Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.