Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Judas Iscariot: Betrayer Or Enabler? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Judas Iscariot: Betrayer Or Enabler? (3848 Views)

Is Judas Iscariot Really A Villain? / How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? / Judas Iscariot - Hero Or Villian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Judas Iscariot: Betrayer Or Enabler? by babs787(m): 4:30pm On Mar 19, 2007
@batu.

I love you but your inputs remind me of Penkelemesi and currently Agbekoya of Ibadan.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Take care and stay blessed
Re: Judas Iscariot: Betrayer Or Enabler? by trinigirl1(f): 5:52pm On Mar 19, 2007
On the rare occasion my powers of observation and perception may be a[i] tad[/i] off key, and that may have been the case here.  I'm not surprised since I was not 100% sure. However I find it funny that dryrup would post such a lengthy statement on my "petty" observation.  

I should have known though, syrup has a more condescending and haughty overtone to her posts, unlike shahan.

Nevertheless, my point was never to show anyone up, but to warn you guys who take everything they say as true and right hands down, just because of impressive diction, grammer and scripture quotation. Only religious folks do that "pastor says so" thing.  I have no problem with guys oggling over my fellow intelligent sister shahan  grin

It's interesting that this syrup character hasn't commented on the real issue at hand, and I'm a bit disappointed that neither one has cautioned people on the self praising but rather enjoy it.  Pride is in all of us I guess. We are all guilty, but we also need to be careful about the spirit with which do things.  

I am personally embarrassed by too much praise on things I post, which is why I have not been posting the way I used to, but I still get my points across quite clearly.  Without  the quadruple syllabic soliloquys.  grin

Incorrectly label it as jealousy or whatever else, my message remains the same to all; be careful not to idolize and worship the creation instead of the creator.  

So goodguy, ope emi and all you guys who obviously have crushes on a woman as out of your league as shahan, words of adulation will get you nowhere.   kiss  (i think, well, it never worked with me)

Bless!
Re: Judas Iscariot: Betrayer Or Enabler? by stimulus(m): 11:08am On Mar 20, 2007
@trini_girl,

trini_girl:

It's interesting that this syrup character hasn't commented on the real issue at hand,

After all the 'observation', have you commented on the real issue at hand? Where's your own contribution to the topic of this thread?
Re: Judas Iscariot: Betrayer Or Enabler? by opeemi1(m): 2:10pm On Mar 20, 2007
@ trini_girl

And sometimes I wonder, God's creations are so wonderful. People with there own way of reasoning and making desicions. You are human, thats all I have to say.  cheesy

stimulus:

@trini_girl,

After all the 'observation', have you commented on the real issue at hand? Where's your own contribution to the topic of this thread?

I think you have a wonderful observation stimulus, and as trini_girl will say, "ope_emi is giving adulation to stimulus just like he did to shahan".   wink

@ Topic

I would say Judas is a betrayer, the prophesy itself didn't point that Judas would be the betrayer but only said the prophecy would be fulfilled in which Jesus would be betrayed, it more or less like what Judas decided to do not because of what the prophesy said. The prophesy just predicted what was going to come.

For Example,

Student A said, "someone is going to break the louvers of the classroom", Student C said,"One of Student D or student B would break the glass". and student B maybe 20 mins later began to grow hatred towards student C and gets tempted and threw a chalk duster at student C who weaved and the duster eventually breaking the glass.

1. Student B might have heard what the student A said yet not know if he would be the one that will break the louvers.

2. Student C who knew student B knew what he/she was capable of doing.

3. Student A never said student B would be the one that would break the glass but knew it would be broken.

Here Student A is/are the prophets, Student B is Judas, Student C is Jesus Christ, Student D is anyone of the other disciples.

I hope you get my logic.

And the Bible said, "Love your enemies and pray for them", I don't know those who gang up on bible character and say they hate them like the author of the article said, "Judas Iscariot, the betrayer of Jesus, ranks as the most hated and despised character in the Bible with the possible exception of Satan". I am sorry for there lives grin, instead of them paying much attention to what the lord as to offer rather they search for character they hate.
Re: Judas Iscariot: Betrayer Or Enabler? by stimulus(m): 8:59pm On Mar 20, 2007
ope_emi:

I think you have a wonderful observation stimulus, and as trini_girl will say, "ope_emi is giving adulation to stimulus just like he did to shahan". wink

Thank you, and you too. The next I know is that another "observation" will be made insinuating that stimulus is ope_emi!
Re: Judas Iscariot: Betrayer Or Enabler? by trinigirl1(f): 9:12pm On Mar 20, 2007
stimulus:

Thank you, and you too. The next I know is that another "observation" will be made insinuating that stimulus is ope_emi!

lol!! you guys are cracking me up! lol!! grin
Re: Judas Iscariot: Betrayer Or Enabler? by drbelloim(m): 9:36pm On Mar 22, 2007
Backslider
All you wrote here are basic blablabla phylosophically argumentative statements, NOT FACTS!
did you read all they wrote on the thread? check it again.

besides note the statements - the author of Mark. the author of Matthew etc, you know why?,
simple - authors unknown. and to date that is the truth. I wanted to hear things "like God said in Mark or Matthew or Luke etc, especially if they stop copying from one another.

religion is not about too much talk or beign able to present arguments well, but it is about the facts presented to Mankind by God (my Lord and your Lord - as said by Jesus). now as I told you, you cannot say God said so so and so, but the writers of Mark, writers of Matthew etc,

Lets talk about God.

no offense
peace.
Re: Judas Iscariot: Betrayer Or Enabler? by Backslider(m): 9:44am On Mar 23, 2007
@drbelliom

You are wasting your time with me. Prepare to meet your Maker Take those your books and be ready to meet a dreaded God (JESUS).

I will no longer engage anyone from Islamic view on their belief. I know you like me to argue with you but I have much work to do to Christianity than to Argue with you.

You don't beleive in Jesus and you regard the bible as false.

I regard the quran as false and Mohamed a demon possessed man with nothing but ETERNAL DAMNATION. PERIOD
Re: Judas Iscariot: Betrayer Or Enabler? by babs787(m): 1:03pm On Mar 23, 2007
Backslider:

@drbelliom

You are wasting your time with me. Prepare to meet your Maker Take those your books and be ready to meet a dreaded God (JESUS).

I will no longer engage anyone from Islamic view on their belief. I know you like me to argue with you but I have much work to do to Christianity than to Argue with you.

You don't beleive in Jesus and you regard the bible as false.

I regard the quran as false and Mohamed a demon possessed man with nothing but ETERNAL DAMNATION. PERIOD

@backslider.

I have decided not to indulge in any argument that lacks proofs, facts etc but your above post is just too good to be ignored. As a result, I have decided to reply you.

To be honest with you, I do pity christians a lot. They believe that they know everything whereas if they have been reading their bible very well, they would have been seeing all these facts muslims have been telling them. This is the time to be relying on the sayings of pastors, Alfas, Imams etc, rather a time where you go out and make research about the God you are worshipping and how reliable and trustworthy is the means (channel) you are using in getting to Him.

Christians have been labelling muslims as being the one that has been relying on what their leaders have been telling them, but I want you to know that, Islam is not like that and muslims do not do such a thing. Allah even told us to know him before we worship Him, there are verses from the Glorious Quran that speak on acquiring knowledge. Muslims do not follow the sayings of any Alfa or whatever, we believe in proofs, facts etc. If anybody bring anything strange to Islam, it will first be verified before taking/accepting it.

Now to your post.

Answer to your Ist paragraph

How could you be equating Creation with Creator when there are verses in the bible that distinguishes the two. There is a confusion in the christian world as to the deity of jesus christ. Some christians will tell you that he is not God that he is only the messenger while some will tell you that he is God. Where the confusion lies is from the book of John 1 v1. Here, those christians that are claiming that jesus is God hold on the verse but never take the pains to read the remaining verses. They never even bother to find out the hebrew and the greek meaning of the word, 'God' as being used in the verse. If you can lay your hands on the Jehovah Witness bible, you will read that the very verse (john 1 v 1) that contains the word 'God' in other bibles is written with small 'g' in their bible, thereby following the real and true interpretation of the word 'God' as being used in the verse. Light will be shed on John 1 v 1 later.

Also, there are countless verses that differentiate God from Jesus making us see that Jesus was sent by God to Israelite alone.

Brother, why not fear that Day when Jesus will deny you! The day God will summon Jesus asking him whether Jesus told you to be worshipping him.

Read below

Quran 5 v 116 : And (remember) when Allah will say (on the day of Ressurection): O Isa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: ‘worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah? ‘He will say: ‘glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, you would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner-self though I do not not know what is in Yours, Truly, only You, are the All-Knower of all that is hidden (and unseen)

V 117: “ Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allah) command me to say, ‘worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord’. And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. (This is a great admonition and warning to the Christians of the whole world).

V 118: If you punish them, they are Your slaves and if you forgive them, verily, You only are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.

A word is enough for the wise.

To your 2nd paragraph

I have decided not to participate in any blind argument that lacks proofs, facts etc because you christians believe that you know everything and that you are on the right path with the right religion. I replied you here because of your blasphemous statement.

To your 3rd Paragraph

Point of correction. We muslims believe in Jesus, his miraculous birth, his ascension, his miracles, he was given a gospel, he was sent to the Israelites etc. Common, be sincere with yourself, if we do not believe in him, you wouldnt be reading his story and that of his mother in our book.

It is not only muslims that are saying your bible is corrupt, some verses in your bible even said so which I have been giving to you all these while.

To your 4th paragraph

I pity your soul for all these blasphemous statement you have been uttering. If you do not believe in someone does not mean that you shouls speak ill of that person. Mind you, its this same prophet that will intercede for you on D day. Also, it will be better for you to believe in Him and the Holy Quran so that all your deeds will not turned un-accepted.

Muslims have been providing proof for you even from your bible on the prophesy of this last prophet but due to arrogance, pride etc, you ignored the message. Why not stop deceiving yourself and accept the truth. It will be better for you to accept the truth now before it will be too late and you should also fear that day when all your friends here on nairaland will not be able to intercede for you because a soul's problem will be sufficient for him to bear and will not have time to look into the affair of another person.

You have tried in so many ways to bring or lay your hands on any contradiction from the Quran. But each time you do, you are always refuted and explained to. Remember, its this same book you are calling false I have been using for you as measure of standard when your bible failed you. How many times I have quoted verses from the Quran and bible and used the two in judging issues? Can the bible stand the same test with the Quran? Is the bible comparable with the Quran? Can the authenticity of the bible be ascertained? etc

Also, on that day, you will be asked if you have heard anything about Islam. its not even on the D day alone. Man's sufferness/enjoyment starts immediately he is being laid in the grave and buried in the earth. I wonder what you will tell God when you are being asked questions on

1. who is your God (I just beg you not to mention Jesus)

2. What do you know about Muhammed (here I wonder what you will say about the prophet you have been speaking ill of)

3. What is your religion (hope you will not mention anything aside Islam)

Let me rest my case here. A word is enough for the wise

I am still available anytime you will be needing my service.

Accept Islam today and be saved.

Maa Salam

Peace
Re: Judas Iscariot: Betrayer Or Enabler? by somze(f): 9:05pm On May 10, 2007
I know this is off-topic but i cant help from how revealing "wowed" I am from shahan's earlier posts. She does her research very well and seem to thoroughly understand the bible. She is very wise and learned. I'm even learning new english from her grin. She even has a topic with 8 threads dedicated to her.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-36356.0.html#msg823419

I'm more than impressed.

Keep it up!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In What Year Was Jesus Born? / Christians: Where Is Heaven Located? / The Bible God Was An Alien Astronaut - Nothing More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.