Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Dating Foreigners - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Foreigners (4832 Views)

Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? / His Parents Told Him Not To Marry His Foreigners Girlfriend, ADVICE PLS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating Foreigners by debanjee(m): 3:54am On Dec 30, 2005
o
Re: Dating Foreigners by IB7(f): 4:19am On Dec 30, 2005
I don't have any experience because I have never dated any foreigners.  Every individuals have different preferences.  I perfer to date a nigerian guy, preferably a guy from port harcourt.   

My 2 cent doesn't really matter because some look at me and immediately thinks I can never date a nigerian.  My problem is the way most nigerian guys treat nigerian girls in the western world compare to the way they treat foreigners; in terms of dating/relationship.  I believe most nigerian/african guys treats foreigners like gold.   

And some of the foreigners can be very nasty to the nigerian guys but yet they treat 'em like gold.  When dating a nigerian girl, it's like the nigerian guys has no respect for her ...... he treats her more like dirt.
It's just my opinion.

Regards,
IB

1 Like

Re: Dating Foreigners by r2VIRUS: 6:50am On Dec 30, 2005
Personally, i think ya question is well-based, it has got much to do with experience. I have had the chance to meet a couple of Nigerians who'd choose to date a foreign girl to a sis girl, asking them why.....they give some logical reason. I needn't whine over, coz it not my prob. To be frank, those guyz out there dating or trying to date a foreign girl will will give a good reason. Ask yourself "why am i dating an indian?". You will realise we have different goals, expectations and its our dream to put them feasible or to bring them to a reality
Re: Dating Foreigners by zeora(f): 6:57am On Dec 30, 2005
i'll date a foriegner never an african boy
Re: Dating Foreigners by r2VIRUS: 7:06am On Dec 30, 2005
"zeora" could you be more logical. Practically speaking, you must be one of those interesting girls out there. For clearification, could you tell why you or you'd prefer to marry a foreign boy and not a bro boy
Re: Dating Foreigners by debanjee(m): 7:16am On Dec 30, 2005
h
Re: Dating Foreigners by r2VIRUS: 7:30am On Dec 30, 2005
I can feel ya love is whaxing stronger, i think you've hit the jackpot
Re: Dating Foreigners by ijebuman(m): 12:07pm On Dec 30, 2005
Hi debanjee, don't let the opinion of others determine the way you want to live your life. You've met someone who makes you happy, go for it. I used to date an indian girl some years ago and we do have similar traditional and cultural values. A note of warning, they too have issues with 'foreigners'.

When my ex first told her mum about me, her mum said as long as he's not a muslim then its ok grin (her family was Hindu). We broke up about 3 years ago, not because of cultural differences but because i was not ready to settle down at that point. We're still friends and have both moved on.
Re: Dating Foreigners by macalurs(m): 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2006
Nigerian girls in Nigeria are already a hell of a game. Nigerian girls in the US are absolutely out'a this world. It's the 'shakara' thing 10x and sometimes over.

They (most) seem to obsessed with breaking the "beautiful without brains" stereotype, but it makes them not very easy to relate to. Except very few, Nigerian girls seem to want more than the average Nigerian guy would be willing to give. An "enlightened" Nigerian guy (one that understands that he needs no complexity in a woman) wouldn't normally opt for a girl that'd work his head. Not necessarily because he's dumb and hates to think, but they (most times) have alot to worry about here and back home.

Would I date an american? yeah sure. And I don't think I'd treat her any different than I'd treat a Nigerian girl here. If Im head over heels, I honestly wouldn't care what anyone (including my mum) would think. But then relationships depend on the minds involved, not the race.

I hate stereotypes, but I'm dating a girl back home. Simply 'because I couldn't find my type around here; they were either too good, or too not-so-good or taken.
Re: Dating Foreigners by BlackMamba(m): 8:50pm On Nov 28, 2006
I may be more exposed to Nigerians and Blacks due to my heritage, but as an adult, I never set out looking for a woman of a particular race or nationality to date. Good looks generally attract me but her smarts will seal the deal for me. Luckily, my mum, the only person that can influence my choice of a woman really don't care where she's from, as long as she's nice and from a stable family.
Re: Dating Foreigners by naijacutee(f): 2:04am On Nov 29, 2006
Where a person comes from is as irrelevant to me as what toothpaste they use this morning. For me, that is not even a factor on my dating protocol.And my parents are cool with it. So Nigerian, Ghanaian, Ethiopian, Indian, Chinese, whatever, it means nothing to me.
Re: Dating Foreigners by demsi: 4:20am On Nov 29, 2006
I AM HAPPY TO LET EVERY BODY KNOW THAT I CAN NOT DATE A FOREIGN GIRL. I WILL ALWAYS DATE OUR SIS HRE, REASON BEING THAT THERE IS NO MARRIAGE SECURITY WITH FOREIGN GIRLS[img]http://[/img][img][/img]

Re: Dating Foreigners by macalurs(m): 6:11am On Nov 29, 2006
demsi:

I AM HAPPY TO LET EVERY BODY KNOW THAT I CAN NOT DATE A FOREIGN GIRL. I WILL ALWAYS DATE OUR SIS HRE, REASON BEING THAT THERE IS NO MARRIAGE SECURITY WITH FOREIGN GIRLS[img]http://[/img][img][/img]

It's because of half-minded, closed ended, green toothed assertions I refrain from posting on threads. How the hell can u brush your teeth to stand and say "there is no marriage security blah blah"? I dont want to call you stupid but you're really pushing it.

You just declare your ignorance by making dumb statements. Next time give a better reason for being ignorant not saying "I'm happily ignorant because I'm happy" you make less sense that way.
Re: Dating Foreigners by Uche2nna(m): 6:19am On Nov 29, 2006
OMG shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dating Foreigners by iice(f): 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2006
laughin ma friggin butt off grin grin
Re: Dating Foreigners by harvey(m): 3:18pm On Nov 29, 2006
where u are from does not count to me,but what is important is u are a christain.
Re: Dating Foreigners by Eurphoria(f): 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2006
macaluars

what has he said that is making you excited?  all the guy did was state his own preference, why are you jumping on the political correctness bandwaggon? if he likes black, Nigerian sisters and wants to shout it from the highest mountain in Africa stark naked so what? I didnt see any close-mindedness in his proclaimation. Please taking a moral high ground in unecessary here, and it looks to me like you are the one with the closed mind, otherwise, if you thought carefully and read what he said and digested it, you find that is his personal PERFERENCE,just like you have yours, don't start bullying people with big words like you are morally better. Get off your high horse luvie.

@iice
you silly gal cheesy you always laughing your butt off, do you still have any left? grin
@Topic
For me it's not a major issue, although my love and passion for my race can get the better of me, but nah i love who i love.
Re: Dating Foreigners by Easyy(m): 4:50pm On Nov 29, 2006
macalurs:

It's because of half-minded, closed ended, green toothed assertions I refrain from posting on threads. How the hell can u brush your teeth to stand and say "there is no marriage security blah blah"? I don't want to call you stupid but you're really pushing it.

You just declare your ignorance by making dumb statements. Next time give a better reason for being ignorant not saying "I'm happily ignorant because I'm happy" you make less sense that way.

Why did you have to resort to insults? The guy was only making his opinion known
Re: Dating Foreigners by Easyy(m): 4:54pm On Nov 29, 2006
I could never marry a non-African. They have completely different cultures and the probability of it ending soon is very high.

I dont see many inter-racial marriages which stand the test of time. Americans/Europeans dont take that institution as seriously as Africans take it. They'll divorce you at the slightest irritation or discomfort, or even if they think they have found a guy who is 'better' than you.
Re: Dating Foreigners by Coco29(f): 5:01pm On Nov 29, 2006
[/
Easyy:

I could never marry a non-African. They have completely different cultures and the probability of it ending soon is very high.

I don't see many inter-racial marriages which stand the test of time. Americans/Europeans don't take that institution as seriously as Africans take it. They'll divorce you at the slightest irritation or discomfort, or even if they think they have found a guy who is 'better' than you.

funny because african men in my opinion are the most unfaithful men i have ever met.

BlackMamba:

I may be more exposed to Nigerians and Blacks due to my heritage, but as an adult, I never set out looking for a woman of a particular race or nationality to date.  Good looks generally attract me but her smarts will seal the deal for me.   Luckily, my mum, the only person that can influence my choice of a woman really don't care where she's from, as long as she's nice and from a stable family.

you made such a lovely speech, then you contradict yourself by saying only your mother can influence your choice of woman, now take this in for a bit.

is it your mother who has to live with this woman?

is it your mother who have to sleep with this woman?

is it your mother who has to unconditionally love this woman?

demsi:

sweetie is it because your native "sis" is more submissive  undecided  undecided[quote][/quote]
Re: Dating Foreigners by Eurphoria(f): 6:22pm On Nov 29, 2006
AFTER all is said and done, people prefer what they do because of what they find appealing or what they can live with, if any man here says they want to marry an African becos they think they are submissive(which i dont believe is the case these days) then it is their choice, some women are submissive and like to be told what to do(nothing wrong if its their choice) i think too much emphasis is put on this modern woman bullshit anyway Coco wink

I agree with you babes when you say African men can be very unfaithful cheesy, at the end of the day i dont think there is a blue print for a happy relationship between men and women, black white, yellow red, green or pink. You just have to find what works for you and your personality and view of life. Damn babes the stage i am in now, i wont mind taking a submissive backseat for an easy life, if he works, brings home a very fat bacon then i will dance skip around naked if he wished, i am sick of being independent now. you have no idea grin
Re: Dating Foreigners by Coco29(f): 6:29pm On Nov 29, 2006
Eurphoria sweetie roflmao girl i love my independance, but i am sick and tired if the s h i t i want a relationship where understanding and love is the order of the day then any thing else can follow. cheesy cheesy cheesy london is no place for a single woman baby girl.
Re: Dating Foreigners by Radiant(f): 7:49pm On Nov 29, 2006
macalurs:

It's because of half-minded, closed ended, green toothed assertions I refrain from posting on threads. How the hell can u brush your teeth to stand and say "there is no marriage security blah blah"? I don't want to call you stupid but you're really pushing it.

lmao. . . lmao again kai! U guys will kill me one day o grin
Re: Dating Foreigners by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:11pm On Nov 29, 2006
lol grin.i think tribe or culture should not be the basis for any relationship,but come to think of it i can't actually see myself connecting with a chinese,white or indian undecided,gush it would just bore me,i think i would rather prefer to date a black guy from any where in the world as long as he is a black.am not being a snob or racist.but when you dont feel comfortable with something notin you do would make you connect with it.its okay for the people that say they can date foreigners,as long as they are comfortable with it. cool
Re: Dating Foreigners by Busta(f): 12:19am On Nov 30, 2006
dated a french canadian, and he was such a sweetheart

ended cos i moved to a diff. city but we still keep in touch and its so funny cos he now say he can't see himself dating any other gurl except she's black. Guess he got it bad wink
Re: Dating Foreigners by macalurs(m): 12:46am On Nov 30, 2006
Eurphoria:

macaluars

what has he said that is making you excited? all the guy did was state his own preference, why are you jumping on the political correctness bandwaggon? if he likes black, Nigerian sisters and wants to shout it from the highest mountain in Africa stark naked so what? I didnt see any close-mindedness in his proclaimation. Please taking a moral high ground in unecessary here, and it looks to me like you are the one with the closed mind, otherwise, if you thought carefully and read what he said and digested it, you find that is his personal PERFERENCE,just like you have yours, don't start bullying people with big words like you are morally better. Get off your high horse luvie.

What are the statistics of "marriage security" in african and foreign relationships?

How many times did he date a "foreign" girl? To be "happy" to announce that he cannot not will not-- date a foreign girl? How ignorant?

If he says he "will not", then yeah, it simply means that he chooses not to.

There's a guy that'd say out of experience: "I dated an american girl . . . they're all dumb . . ." at least he has an idea what he's saying.
Re: Dating Foreigners by Eurphoria(f): 1:48am On Nov 30, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy coco my luv tell me about it . A girl's life eh? wink
Re: Dating Foreigners by katherinae(f): 2:19am On Nov 30, 2006
demsi

i completely agree with u, a family friend of ours married a white woman and after 30 yeras of marriage she wants a divorce for very very very stupid reasons, apparently her biracial american bred children love hte nigerian culture too much and she feels left out. look i have alot of american white friends and guys who have tried askin me out, but trust me when i say, there are very few foreigners that it will work with, very very few.

at macarlus,

clerly ur response to demsi prooves ur age, u have a lot to learn about cultures u really do, i can NEVER IN MY LIFE DATE AND INDIAN OR ASIAN OR ITALAIN, no matter how much they ask me out i refuse, and there are a lot of them here too in my medical school, those guys are sooooo racist, both the men and the women, and no matter how much u guys think u have in common out culture is soo different. i mean how can u stoop so low nad belittle urself to date someone who behind ur back thier family calls u monkey niggers, and they get mad if u do better than they do in school, plus indians are hella shady very very shady im sure any student here in the science field can relate with me. so go right ahead and degrade urself with that nonsense, i mean even ur girlfreinds that u guys claim are soo great if they had to hire an individual they wont hire a black person talk less of an african.
Re: Dating Foreigners by macalurs(m): 3:16am On Nov 30, 2006
at macarlus,

clerly your response to demsi prooves your age, u have a lot to learn about cultures u really do, i can NEVER IN MY LIFE DATE AND INDIAN OR ASIAN OR ITALAIN,  no matter how much they ask me out i refuse, and there are a lot of them here too in my medical school, those guys are sooooo racist, both the men and the women, and no matter how much u guys think u have in common out culture is soo different.  i mean how can u stoop so low nad belittle yourself to date someone who behind your back their family calls u monkey niggers, and they get mad if u do better than they do in school, plus indians are hella shady very very shady im sure any student here in the science field can relate with me.  so go right ahead and degrade yourself with that nonsense, i mean even your girlfreinds that u guys claim are soo great if they had to hire an individual they wont hire a black person talk less of an african.

Fine-girl,
I normally wouldn't reply your post especially when you use the "age" cliche. But then read my first post very well. I remember saying a lil' something like: ". . . .If I'm head over heels, I honestly wouldn't care what anyone (including my mum) would think. But then relationships depend on the minds involved, not the race.. . . " I don't think you're presenting much facts, but you're doing very well with stereotypes, I mean very very well.

Yeah someone said that he heard someone in my italian/indian girlfriend's compound call me a nipple-headed nigger. And what exactly does that have to do with my relationship with my girlfriend? In case you don't know, there is a caste system in igbo-land called "osu". And it aint a myth. Between ibos, no non-osu is allowed to marry from a family that is. You think segregation and "racism" exists only in foriegners, think again. Even in-between those prople you call yours, there're still haters. There'll always be. Truth remains: It cannot affect your relationship with your girl/guy-- foriegn/osu or not~ unless you both let it.
Re: Dating Foreigners by macalurs(m): 3:34am On Nov 30, 2006
And for the marriage security thingy

The reason there's a higher divorce rate in modernized countries is because women are allowed and encouraged to speak-up for themselves. In impoverished economies (such as Naija's) where women's rights are undermined, to the extent of sometimes getting circumsized (in some cultures), yes, there is marriage security. Where the man and the woman can co-exist loveless, and still be pronounced man and wife, enough marriage security. Where the wife takes all the beatings but then is forced by society to shut-the-f uck-up because she is a woman, yes, there is marriage security. Where the man can cheat as much as he likes and bring back diseases to his wife, but she still can't leave his nasty ass because she'd have no where else to go, yes, there is marriage security.

So yes it makes sense to want to marry a woman that will jump when I say so, not because she wants to, nor because she loves me, but because I bought her. It's called "a dowry".
Re: Dating Foreigners by Eurphoria(f): 4:13am On Nov 30, 2006
katherinae

Sometimes it is best to ignore some comments , some people think they are making sense and its so laughable, that i wish sometimes they could borrow another's eyes for just one moment. You have spoken clearly with and to the point girl. I cn't bve bothered wit merry-go-rounds thats why i stay away from fair grounds kiss
Re: Dating Foreigners by katherinae(f): 4:14am On Nov 30, 2006
macalurs

maybe u should have thought things through before u replied to my  response.  do u think that nigerian men that are married to nigerian lawyers or doctors or accountants, tell their wives to jump and they do especially in the US or the UK;, if that's how u feel u must be crazy, eevery woman in my family is highly educated they can make decisions for them selves and most of all can fend for them selves if God forbid their husbands were not around.  so please before u make such a comment especially on a nigerian forum where by majority of the ladies here are graduates think hard ok. o  and by the way they either live in the US and the UK and are happily married and not divorced.  even in nigeria a third world country some women have hte same rights as women in the us and dont divorce their husbands when they do something wrong.

macalurss

u will never understand how important culture is until u and ur gf or wife undecided disagree on how to raise ur children, where to retire, ur work ethic, voting, where to spend christmas,  where to worship, who to send money to in nigeria, or when some moronic white cops decide to shoot an unarmed black man (who to side).  o there is also how to save money for the future, and manage money, what to do with ur kids when they are 18 years of age, and last but not least if nad when they should start dating.  

the way i see it, it is already hard dating a nigerian man, then i the heck should i marry a foreinger and have to deal with these issues that if i made a smart decision in the begining wouldnt even be an issue

LOOK DO WHAT EVER U WANT OK, IF U LIKE DATE BINLADANS SISTER, NOT MY PROBLEM, NO ONE JUDGES U, BUT TO SIT THERE AND SAY THAT A FOREIGN MARRIAGE IS JUST AS SAFER AS A NIGERIAN ONE WELL GOOD LUCK BRO.

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Ladies Be Realistic Will You Do It Or Not?? [photo] / These Hairstyles Will Give You A Boyfriend Faster Than You Thought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.