Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,508 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? (8393 Views)

Which Club Has D Highest Fans In D World / Abrahamovich's Wife To Bid For Arsenal FC / Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by Akolawole(m): 12:03am On Mar 17, 2007
QUOTE from TT

(1) Arsenal fans are the real lover of the game because Arsenal play fine and entertainment football, with their match, win or lose, you will still enjoy the game. I admit however, that there are some matches that are boring, but not everytime do we all get things right, there are bounds to be some day that we wont just hit it right. But on the whole, Arsenal teams are the best entertaining side.

(2) If you see any fans of Arsenal, then you will know they are for Arsenal because they love the free flowing of the game, and the entertainment aspect of their artistry display of free flowing football. And someone should not educate me about not winning if you are playing entertaining football, since when did anyone like the way the camerounian play their aggressive and physical football compared to our own super eagles?

(3) Take the last carling cup as an example, despite the young lads paraded by Arsene Wenger, they artistry display of real soccer by the young guns, go down in history as one of the best final of Carling Cup. Chelsea was able to save the day, because of your regular teams who know the consequence of what will be to lose to the young guns - which is a disgrace. Admit it, Akolawole, Arsenal play the best game on that day, even without the regulars. This shows that, free flowing, entertaining and display of soccer artistry is in the blood of Arsenal, no wonder die hard fans of Arsenal will love Arsenal for LIFE.

Baba,
Let me give it to you.

1) Speak for yourself NOT for other Gunners. Didnt you see some Arsenal fans leaving Emirates before the end of a match because they are fed up with their playing style this year?
Best entertainning? THATS VERY RIGHT
(a) what did you play against Villareal in Spain?
(b) What did you play against United in the FA cup final two seasons ago?

2) Can we rename it TROPHYLESS BUT BEST ENTERTAINNING TEAM IN THE WORLD? grin

3) Thank God for Debosky.

(a)What was our score when you have your first 11?

(b)What was our scoreline when we OUTCLASS, OUTSHINED and booted you out of 2004 Champions League 1/4 final in Highbury when you have your very best Arsenal side?
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by Akolawole(m): 12:04am On Mar 17, 2007
@Ruudie

Please permit me to steal your refurbished 3rd law of motion? grin
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by lekkee(m): 10:53am On Mar 17, 2007
All of nna no sabi anything, na when mikel join chelsea, na him somepeople change clubs immediately, and even most of the people wey dey support chelsea,dey also support Newcastle now because of martins,i don tired for nigerian people, if mikel comot now, u go see say some people go tired for dey wash chelsea, without mikel on field or on bench and that goes for martins as well,If then hear say utaka don go MAN U then go go join that one too,But nevertheless as 4 me ooo i bi CHELSEA FOR LIFE.
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by Christino(m): 11:11am On Mar 17, 2007
It is patriotic for Nigerians to support any club in which a Nigerian is representing. Newcastle have about 3 Nigerians (2 runaways) and if they are up against any premiership club besides Boro, i'll support them too. That doesn't mean I'm a Newcastle Fan.

Go check it, those who you think are supporting Newcastle cos of martins have their club prolly outside the Premiership, maybe Serie A or La Liga, some have clubs in every country.
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by isigab: 9:25pm On Mar 17, 2007
formerly chelsea is not a popular club, but now that mourinho is there i know theer will be a greater change.
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by twinstaiye(m): 11:52am On Mar 19, 2007
Akolawole:

Baba,
Let me give it to you.

1) Speak for yourself NOT for other Gunners. Didnt you see some Arsenal fans leaving Emirates before the end of a match because they are fed up with their playing style this year?
Best entertainning? THATS VERY RIGHT
(a) what did you play against Villareal in Spain?
(b) What did you play against United in the FA cup final two seasons ago?

2) Can we rename it TROPHYLESS BUT BEST ENTERTAINNING TEAM IN THE WORLD? grin

3) Thank God for Debosky.

(a)What was our score when you have your first 11?

(b)What was our scoreline when we OUTCLASS, OUTSHINED and booted you out of 2004 Champions League 1/4 final in Highbury when you have your very best Arsenal side?

I had said it before Akolawole, everyone is not his best everytime, there are some days it wont just click, and you wont get it right, and sometimes, tactical instructions from the bench determines such unentertaining football play from Arsenal, like they did against Villareal in last year Champions league.
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by viee(f): 2:28pm On Mar 19, 2007
i really hope chelsea dons't get to win anything else this season, please God!!!!!!!! angry
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by Razorr(f): 2:34pm On Mar 19, 2007
LMAO. . .
Viee baby, you can't help it! We are the side to beat! Being a new member of this forum, you better come join the winning side quickly before others see your post! Quickly modify your post and copy the logo underneath mine and paste in yours before people see what you've written!

Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by chidichris(m): 7:33am On Mar 20, 2007
what ever u call history, starts one day.
pre, post or ante abro. fans, chelsea fans are chelsea fans.
if u are arsenal or man u fan, i want to believe something pushed u to where ever u are and when that is gone,, u will be forced to look arround.
club managers do leave clubs for other clubs and players also do leave for other clubs so fans can as well leave.
as a fan, i do not get any financial benefits from the clubs, all i get at the end of the day is the happiness of good football and the joy of winning matches.
i used to be an arsenal fan but when i begin to understand how close i was to high BP from incessant disappointments, couple with the presence of billionaire as well as the emergence of our able funky coach, i had no option than to quit.
i hereby welcome you all die hard, fans to do like i have done.
please swallow your pride and join me in this new found happiness.
to crown it all, we demolished tothenham last night with our own mikel at the helm of affairs-recieving and distributing passes in the manner of a football lord.
nigerians with good will shld not ask for more.
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by Abdblues(m): 9:15am On Mar 20, 2007
LOL!!Dont mind them o, i dont know how the guy arrived at the 90% figure, The thread just reek of so much bad belle!!
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by sammyekems: 11:45am On Mar 20, 2007
Chelsea is a great team and i think every anti-chelsea are jelous of the fact that they(Chelsea) are the new ultimate in world football.Red devils and Gunners are leaving in Past glory and i think they should open the door for their coach frog-ha-son to manager his family. FOOTBALL IS  BIG BUSINESS .Winning counts than dribbling or so call free flow football without winning.Chelsea is winning and that is what counts.If you think you are brillant/clever and you don't pass exams,then go tell that to you parentsgrin grin grin

The blues for life
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by Blue2(m): 4:04pm On Mar 20, 2007
I bet its one of those bad belle Arsenal/Man U fans who started this thread. i am tired of hearing this lousy abuses hurled at true blue fans!! questions such as when did you begin to support Chelsea tires me!! I know teh Chelsea train has been overflowing with fans of recently! but hey! many of us were sticking with the blues pre-Abramovich (the sucker who started this thread got his name all wrong!!) .
By teh way! what's the big deal if ex-Man U, Arsenal, Madrid jump ship to join the blues!! come guys face up to it, the future is BLUE. like they say a gold fish has nowhere to hide. grin!!
As for me, I have been a Chelsea FAN (not follower) since 1990, I am ready for any Chelsea test, Bring it on!!!
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by Razorr(f): 4:10pm On Mar 20, 2007
Please, my dear chelsea fans, go and participate in the poll in the thread, "Which football club are you crazy about". It's the first thread on this list. There is a competition there btw Arsenal and Chelsea!
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by wormedup(m): 11:29am On Mar 21, 2007
Define "True football fan" for me please.

anyone
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by Mustay(m): 11:38am On Mar 21, 2007
Make una no dey elongate this thread.
When i joined this forum, i stated why and when i started supporting chelsea.
Maybe the first poster dey use am do project.
The thread is boring- everybody is trying to prove d fact wrong. . .
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by sirpee50(m): 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2007
it is a bit pitty that our boys and some people here in nigeria have formed a foreign foot ball clubs here in the country.  they bet their lives in the game, some times bet big money in the game. also some times brake bottle and chuk or stab themselves in the name of being a fan or part of white mans foot ball club that has nothing to do with them or know who they are.  is this not crazy or madness of the millennium?  odi kwa egwu di anyi.  i call it insanity but they see it as a wiseest thing to do in their respective lives.  manchester and arsenal in deed.
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by wormedup(m): 10:02am On Mar 22, 2007
wormedup:

anyone
Twinstaye,

i'm waiting for you o !
u started this thread.
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by kitaun(m): 11:32am On Mar 22, 2007
and why promote the bloody thread?. . . angry
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by wormedup(m): 1:12pm On Mar 22, 2007
Kit,
if someone needs my help(even if it's in fooling his/her self), and i can render it, i don't like hesitating !
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by manu4laif: 5:06pm On Mar 22, 2007
@wormedup/all,

Please find exerpts from an earlier post from another thread.It's my definition.Sorry it's a bit long.
I think it might be useful

Truth is people will support clubs for different reasons and you can't deny that they have less passion simply because they started supporting yesterday or 10 years ago.I agree however that time may be an indicator of how true that passion is.
I have this theory which generally describes the categories of football supporters.It's my view you may have yours

1.The Fan:Likes football generally and  tends to lean toward a particular team or teams because of their football,players,manager,success,etc.While someone can be a fan of football for life most club fans usually support for 1-5 years.The fan is also more likely to shift allegiance to other teams when the going gets tough.If you ask me many Chelsea fans today were probably supporting either Man U or Arsenal prior to that( or at least definitely not Chelsea).Else where were they then.

2.The Supporter:Loves football. Significantly leans towards a particular team or teams beacuse of passion built over time usually longer than the fan.This passion comes from their past successes,their football,players,etc.The difference between a supporter and a fan really is in the number of years which would give room for ups and downs(to mellow the successes),or exits(if specific players or managers was the reason for the initial support)Many Arsenal supporters got on board because of Kanu but some still remained even after he left(they have moved from being fans to supporters)
Many Man U fans came on board during the glory years of the 90s .The fans have left to other clubs(names witheld)while the supporters remain.

3.The Loyalists:In love with football,their football.They know of only one team and they will die for their team.A lot of Man U and Arsenal guys claim to be this but you may never truly know until your team has a perenial drought of trophies,begin to play very badly or maybe even move to a lower division.People who support the Nottingham Forests ,West Hams etc of this world may fall into this category.You can only be a loyalist after so many years of support usually not less than 20 for one particular team.It has nothing to do with whether you support a club that has not won a trophy(so a Bolton supporter of 5 years cannot claim to be a loyalist ) I have a friend here in Nigeria who has supported West Ham for 20 years and still does(they've only won 1 trophy in that period,been to lower rungs and back a few times)I knew of the Haywoods and Gabbidons well before they got to the prem through him. It's just love for a team which only time can build.

Submission:
We all support clubs for different reasons and join the bandwagon at different times.No one can/should be crucified for joining late or at a more auspicious time.Many current MU supporters joined during the glory years of the 90s,many more joined Arsenal with Kanu.Some have left many more have stayed.Some of the new Chelsea 'faithfuls' will go but others will stay.
This argument was on when people started supporting Ass'nall in Nigeria .Now it appears they are more in number than other club supporters in Nigeria(don't have any figures just what I notice in Sports bars).

We will know true supporters when trophies come fewer and far between.

For now let the adrenaline flow(it won't be for too long)

WAN UNITED grin grin grin
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by Razorr(f): 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2007
Bla bla bla
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by choco4life(m): 10:15am On Mar 23, 2007
cool cool cool cool cool
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by abuah: 11:47am On Mar 23, 2007
thats a big lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cos i've been supporting this club from from d days of zola, lebeouf,flo,babayaro and vialli.
most fans of other clubs in the premier league are only jealous of the clubs success. cheesy
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by uhuru(m): 12:49pm On Mar 23, 2007
Why is everyone beefing chelsea's success in recent years?Man u have been buying all the fancy players like Beckham and I did not hear any complains.Well, I have loved the blues since Ruud Gullit, Zola and Babayaro were there.Liked them b'cos there were gutsy enuff to bring in foreigners when other English clubs were bein conservative.Liked them b'cos they are challengin the status quo in English football.Like them cos Mikel is there and I'm a tru patroit, albeit an Igbo one.Like them for giving Man U and Arsenal a decent run for their money.Tru Blu 4eva, man!Don'y know about Goners and Manure, sorry, Man U.
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by Razorr(f): 12:55pm On Mar 23, 2007
Uhuru, welcome to nairaland. Have you voted in the clubs poll. We've got to beat those gunners o. Here's the link: -https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-44952.0.html
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by viee(f): 9:10pm On Mar 23, 2007
they r so many reasons y i HATE chelsea so much

1, they play real boring game
2, they hv a coach dat is only gud wth his mouth;imaging saying dat sheva dosnt worth d amount he bought him, whateva happened 2 supportn ur players?, also he said that his not being able to buy players is bc of the management of the club, xcuse the hell out of me! he has so many players warming d bench, does he want to start a chelsea league?, didnt his common sense tell him as a gud coach that he will need to buy defenders as well as odas?, d guy is really messed up, i wish he will join real madrid, den he can really kiss trophies gud bye!
3, jus to mention a few!
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by debosky(m): 9:13pm On Mar 23, 2007
only good with his mouth? in the last 4 seasons he's won 2 portuguese titles, 1 UEFA cup, 1 CL, 2 premierships and 2 carling cups

don't let your hatred cloud good judgement.

for the record I hate the chelskites too, but not on the basis achievement, cos they've done that better than anyone else.
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by viee(f): 9:14pm On Mar 23, 2007
no offence for madrid fans since at least madrid play intrestn game jus dat if oga mori whateva is @ madrid, they wont b any Roman boy 2 b ready 2 dish out millions b4 askn questions
feel me?
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by viee(f): 9:17pm On Mar 23, 2007
says who? it is not abt hatred rily, chelsea hvnt done beta dan Man u / arsenal etc. as for winning portugese tittle,carling Cup etc, check out the records of ferguson
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by debosky(m): 9:19pm On Mar 23, 2007
in the time mourinho has been in England the only person who can claim to have done as well as him is maybe Benitez, and thats because of the CL win

in the 3/4 years, he is unequaled in achievement
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by chidichris(m): 11:21am On Mar 24, 2007
viee, i don't really know if i will tag your points as womanish or envious. i expected to hear you discuss about handball or other threads that has to do with women's life.
all the same, u said u hate chelsea. wow, u hate money men so be it. enjoy in other people's success and u will be the next.
a player can bring in as much fans as 10,000,000.00 for a club. like i said earlier, i am a chelsea fan but not for life.
mangers or clubs never say for life. we will be surprise that if wenger happens to see a more lucrative business somewhere else tomorrow he will go to the press and tell us that he needs a new challange.
players are like prostitutes, they go where it is benefitting them more.so who am i to die for a club the owners wouldn't care if i exist.
i am in chelsea because of mikel so if he leaves, i will leave with him.
Re: 90% Of Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Are Post Abrahamovich? by Jarus(m): 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2010
I fully agree with the OP here. 90% of Chelsea fans I know joined the frenzy Mourinho brought to EPL.
I know only one person that supported Chelsea pre-JM. Oh why Chelsea?! That's the first thing I ask when I see a refined person support Chelsea. Many Chelsea fans in Nigerians are people that asks questions like 'What is Yobo doing at the back?'
Admittedly, I also started supporting Arsenal in 1999 when Kanu joined. And I know many Nigerians also have same reason for supporting Arsenal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Berbatov Versus Ibrahimovic / AC Milan Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th March 2012 / Man Utd V Liverpool [2 - 1] On Sunday 22nd March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.