Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,948 members, 7,835,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? (1891 Views)

My Daughter Was A Virgin Before The Dubai Journey – Mother Of Chrisland Expelled / Do You Have Any Regret Of Marrying A Virgin Or Staying A Virgin Before Marriage? / Lady Goes Braless In See-through White Gown (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 11:15pm On Apr 07, 2018
undecided
I don't understand...

someone said the white gown symbolizes purity, chastity and virginity.

so someone who isn't a virgin can't use a white gown?

in western countries every lady puts on white gown whether virgin or not, so why is Africa different?? who even introduced milk gown undecided

as for me I'm gonna use a white gown whether even though I ain't a vir...

what do you think undecided
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by habsydiamond(m): 11:24pm On Apr 07, 2018
White symbolises holiness....that means if u are not a virgin na black u for dey wear like nigerian police....since u don turn second hand.....or tokunbo...white is for virgins and angels grin grin grin
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 07, 2018
We were meant to believe that the era of slavery is long gone but our mentality is still under partial slavery. How did u knw dat everybody body in western countries are wearing white gown?
White gown has a significance which u already listed but the purpose 2day has been defeated even a lady dat is pregnant is wearing it for wedding. So it's more of a uniform these days.
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by TheUpsetGirl(m): 11:29pm On Apr 07, 2018
habsydiamond:
White symbolises holiness....that means if u are not a virgin na black u for dey wear like nigerian police....since u don turn second hand.....or tokunbo...white is for virgins and angels grin grin grin

is that why guys put on black colts? because they're not holy? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by TheUpsetGirl(m): 11:31pm On Apr 07, 2018
Grayjoy:
We were meant to believe that the era of slavery is long gone but our mentality is still under partial slavery. How did u knw dat everybody body in western countries are wearing white gown?
White gown has a significance which u already listed but the purpose 2day has been defeated even a lady dat is pregnant is wearing it for wedding. So it's more of a uniform this days.

just keep quiet if you have no reasonable stuff to say,

every lady uses white gown for wedding in western countries, all these your holiness and purity trash isn't even considered, reasons why Africa isn't upgrading

smh undecided

2 Likes

Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by donstan18: 11:31pm On Apr 07, 2018
A non-virgin lady don't have the moral right to wear white before the altar of God.

1 Like

Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by IdeyFindWife: 11:33pm On Apr 07, 2018
If you like, carry #GhanaMustGo bag sew #EbukasAgbada on that day, na to chop ur free jollof & turkey we dey scope, after we spray you small and gerrout!

All these whether you dey "V-Compliant" or not story, na wash! Pick date, nor turn Anita Joseph for us!
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by habsydiamond(m): 11:37pm On Apr 07, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:

is that why guys put on black colts? because they're not holy? undecided
this post is a woman thing na...why bring men into it......if u insist,,... men are always holy that's why dey can wear any colour....
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 07, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:

just keep quiet if you have no reasonable stuff to say,

every lady uses white gown for wedding in western countries, all these your holiness and purity trash isn't even considered, reasons why Africa isn't upgrading

smh undecided
You are exactly the reason why Africa isn't upgrading, not holiness or whateve u think I said. Restating the claim that everylady uses a white garment for wedding in western countries shows Africa can't upgrade with folks like u not anyone else. I doubt u knw wat the term "wester countries" stand for before I even think u have ever gone to any. Those of u who are quick to use the phrase "African mentality" are mostly people who know little abt Africa even beyound.
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by Masama: 11:43pm On Apr 07, 2018
It's Africans that read meaning into everything and make unnecessary laws to burden themselves with. This white wedding of a thing is not even in the Bible, it is the white man's traditional wedding. As far as I am concerned, virgin or not, everybody is free to wear whatever colour of wedding gown they want to wear on their wedding day. They are also free to choose whether or not they wish to use a veil or not

1 Like

Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by TheUpsetGirl(m): 11:57pm On Apr 07, 2018
Grayjoy:
You are exactly the reason why Africa isn't upgrading, not holiness or whateve u think I said. Restating the claim that everylady uses a white garment for wedding in western countries shows Africa can't upgrade with folks like u not anyone else. I doubt u knw wat the term "wester countries" stand for before I even think u have ever gone to any. Those of u who are quick to use the phrase "African mentality" are mostly people who know little abt Africa even beyound.

sorry, because you aren't privileged enough to travel to Europe or America doesn't mean you should pour your frustrations on me because I've been there.. have a nice day.

Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by TheUpsetGirl(m): 11:58pm On Apr 07, 2018
Masama:
It's Africans that read meaning into everything and make unnecessary laws to burden themselves with. This white wedding of a thing is not even in the Bible, it is the white man's traditional wedding. As far as I am concerned, virgin or not, everybody is free to wear whatever colour of wedding gown they want to wear on their wedding day. They are also free to choose whether or not they wish to use a veil or not

thanks dearie.

some useless cultures are the reasons Africa isn't moving forward

1 Like

Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by TheUpsetGirl(m): 12:00am On Apr 08, 2018
habsydiamond:
this post is a woman thing na...why bring men into it......if u insist,,... men are always holy that's why dey can wear any colour....

and women are not always holy?

Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by habsydiamond(m): 12:03am On Apr 08, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:

ok let's do it like animal farm....'' all humans are holy but men are holier than the others''....u should be satisfied now I guess
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by habsydiamond(m): 12:03am On Apr 08, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:

lolzzz
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by TheUpsetGirl(m): 12:14am On Apr 08, 2018
habsydiamond:
ok let's do it like animal farm....'' all humans are holy but men are holier than the others''....u should be satisfied now I guess

Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 08, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:

sorry, because you aren't privileged enough to travel to Europe or America doesn't mean you should pour your frustrations on me because I've been there.. have a nice day.
been there on ur handset? Tell me weightier lies please. U think everybody here is a clown like you? What a subtle way to dodge unanswerable questions. U sure don't know what "western countries" stand for.

Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 08, 2018
Masama:
It's Africans that read meaning into everything and make unnecessary laws to burden themselves with.
Is it a law in the constitution that u must wear a white gown? The moment u stop taking actions without meaning then that individual is practically becoming an animal, if the whites were nt reading a meaning from every action do u thnk they will be where they are 2day?
Irrespective of d fact that u can use whatever u want, white was originated for a purpose, from the people brought that culture, it has a meaning, that is the topic on board.
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by TheUpsetGirl(m): 12:36am On Apr 08, 2018
Grayjoy:
been there on ur handset? Tell me weightier lies please. U think everybody here is a clown like you? What a subtle way to dodge unanswerable questions. U sure don't know what "western countries" stand for.

Western countries" mean first world or developed countries.
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by Nobody: 12:51am On Apr 08, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:

Western countries" mean first world or developed countries.
That is nt what am talking about, that is to say countries like Trinidad and Tobago are not part of the western world. The earlier u knw when and how to use the word western world the better for what u are claiming to be. That is to say countries like France, Germany, Italy, England, China and Japan are now part of the western world. It is nt by claiming what u don't know, if u don't know, politely say I don't know. "western world" now stands for developed countries and u travelled outside the country b4. I tire for you. I won't be suprised to see Saudi Arabia in ur list of "western countries".
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by TheUpsetGirl(m): 12:54am On Apr 08, 2018
Grayjoy:
That is nt what am talking about, that is to say countries like Trinidad and Tobago are not part of the western world. The earlier u knw when and how to use the word western world the better for what u are claiming to be. That is to say countries like France, Germany, Italy, England, China and Japan are now part of the western world. It is nt by claiming what u don't know, if u don't know, politely say I don't know. "western world" now stands for developed countries and u travelled outside the country b4. I tire for you. I won't be suprised to see Saudi Arabia in ur list of "western countries".

USA, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Japan, all EU countries and Australia.

don't disturb me if you know nothing
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 08, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:

Jesu!!! Japan and Australia? So how do you classify countries like Mexico, Haiti, Cuba, Panama etc are they eastern countries?
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by Nobody: 1:02am On Apr 08, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:

I know nothing please I wan2 learn. Do u know the meaning of the word "west" at all or u think it's synonymous with "development"?
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by TheUpsetGirl(m): 1:04am On Apr 08, 2018
Grayjoy:
I know nothing please I wan2 learn. Do u know the meaning of the word "west" at all or u think it's synonymous with "development"?

Google is your friend idiot.. check the meaning if you want and stop disgracing yourself
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 08, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:

Google is your friend idiot.. check the meaning if you want and stop disgracing yourself
Google? U should seek google, mentioning Japan and Australia totally damaged whatever u think u knw. I doubt u knw the continents where those countries are found and then u don't know their orientation from ur point of observation. "western countries" includes Japan and Australia. Who is disgracing each other here. Always hidding behind google is ur friend. Ka'za
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by TheUpsetGirl(m): 1:12am On Apr 08, 2018
Grayjoy:
Google? U should seek google, mentioning Japan and Australia totally damaged whatever u think u knw. I doubt u knw the continents where those countries are found and then u don't know their orientation from ur point of observation. "western countries" includes Japan and Australia. Who is disgracing each other here. Always hidding behind google is ur friend. Ka'za

Here are these countries listed in alphabetical order:

Andorra
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Canada
Chile
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Monaco
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Portugal
San Marino
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States
Vatican City

dude don't ever quote me again
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by TheUpsetGirl(m): 1:13am On Apr 08, 2018
donstan18:
A non-virgin lady don't have the moral right to wear white before the altar of God.

Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by Nobody: 1:17am On Apr 08, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:

Andorra
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Canada
Chile
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Monaco
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Portugal
San Marino
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States
Vatican City

U even getting confused, hahahahahaa, my plot is working, because I was hitting Japan u deleted it. Hahahahahahaa, u see d problem. So much for what u knw, not even confident of it. Next time don't start quoting abuse. My quest is complete now.
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by Nobody: 1:24am On Apr 08, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:

Andorra
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Canada
Chile
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Monaco
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Portugal
San Marino
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States
Vatican City

Next time u use the word "western countries" it covers a large scope, don't just say it. And if we go by ur own definition of "western countries" as being a developed and first world country, then ur list is flawed because many of these countries are still struggling with development. So u see dat u dnt knw what "western countries" stand for. Although it may vary due to contextual meaning. Just outlive ur poverty stricken/slavery mentality and say things dat makes sense.
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 08, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:

Andorra
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Canada
Chile
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Monaco
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Portugal
San Marino
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States
Vatican City

Next time u use the word "western countries" it covers a large scope, don't just say it. And if we go by ur own definition of "western countries" as being a developed and first world country, then ur list is flawed because many of these countries are still struggling with development. So u see dat u dnt knw what "western countries" stand for. Although it may vary due to contextual meaning. Just outlive ur poverty stricken/slavery mentality and say things dat makes sense. Am sure u don't even know why they are referred to as western countries.
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by TheUpsetGirl(m): 1:48am On Apr 08, 2018
Grayjoy:
Next time u use the word "western countries" it covers a large scope, don't just say it. And if we go by ur own definition of "western countries" as being a developed and first world country, then ur list is flawed because many of these countries are still struggling with development. So u see dat u dnt knw what "western countries" stand for. Although it may vary due to contextual meaning. Just outlive ur poverty stricken/slavery mentality and say things dat makes sense. Am sure u don't even know why they are referred to as western countries.

your father and your useless mom don't know why they're reffered to as western countries. .idiot
Re: Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? by Apina(m): 1:48am On Apr 08, 2018
undecided
TheUpsetGirl1:
undecided
I don't understand...

someone said the white gown symbolizes purity, chastity and virginity.

so someone who isn't a virgin can't use a white gown?

in western countries every lady puts on white gown whether virgin or not, so why is Africa different?? who even introduced milk gown

as for me I'm gonna use a white gown whether even though I ain't a vir...

what do you think undecided

Back in the days, when a woman is about getting married, she was given a white cloth or sheet on the day/night of her wedding, which is then returned the following morning. It either is in the state in which it was first given and the girls family having to live with the shame that their daughter is a loosed woman or blood stained,with the girls family dacing round the village with it as a symbol of pride. These days, the practise has evolved with the practise of the dominant culture which comes in form of the wedding dress, with the white a symbol of virginity.and purity. So if you dont want thunder to fire you, dont even contemplate wearing white, u can choose purple or pink but dont ever think of wearing white cos u cannot just undo what has bee n done grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Wants My AMAZON [PICTURE] / See This Hilarious And Ridiculous Facebook Post! / Everytime He Says He Will Take Me Out, He Just Ignores Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.