Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,672 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) - Literature (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) (426191 Views)

KINGS 3(7 Days Of Chaos) / KINGS 2(battleground) / Last Gang Standing 2: Killers and Fallen Kings.(Crime). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 11:59pm On Nov 07, 2018
sly12345:
Silver why are you picking on only Carlos?

He's the boss
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 12:00am On Nov 08, 2018
skubido:

U too much.

Tanks for the update

Welcome bro
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 12:00am On Nov 08, 2018
Adigun924:
Thumbs up silver1996

Tnks
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by cyber5(m): 12:03am On Nov 08, 2018
souloho19:

Thanks for the invite bro

Cc
Meneski nastynic cyber5 cyberrex dview001 cadec007 EkopsparoAyara eberechi24.....

mehn. I've missed a lot on Nairaland..

where will I start ?
when will I catch up ?
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Risingstar2020(f): 12:31am On Nov 08, 2018
Samantha has join their side, the chiefs are going down

Tnks ops, good night
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 6:03am On Nov 08, 2018
MORNING FOOD(Food for thought)

As a man was passing the elephants, he suddenly stopped, confused by the fact that these huge creatures were being held by only a small rope tied to their front leg. No chains, no cages. It was obvious that the elephants could, at anytime, break away from their bonds but for some reason, they did not.

He saw a trainer nearby and asked why these animals just stood there and made no attempt to get away. “Well,” trainer said, “when they are very young and much smaller we use the same size rope to tie them and, at that age, it’s enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe they cannot break away. They believe the rope can still hold them, so they never try to break free.”

The man was amazed. These animals could at any time break free from their bonds but because they believed they couldn’t, they were stuck right where they were.

Like the elephants, how many of us go through life hanging onto a belief that we cannot do something, simply because we failed at it once before?

Failure is part of learning; we should never give up the struggle in life.

Moral of the story: No matter how much the world tries to hold you back, always continue with the belief that what you want to achieve is possible. Believing you can become successful is the most important step in actually achieving it.

GOOD MORNING

4 Likes

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 6:06am On Nov 08, 2018
cyber5:

mehn. I've missed a lot on Nairaland..

where will I start ?
when will I catch up ?

Just start from the beginning.... With time you will catch up..

Welcome
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Mavikolo2020: 6:25am On Nov 08, 2018
Nice 1 silver
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by egwolopretty: 6:32am On Nov 08, 2018
I just pray Samantha succeeds in her plans
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Mavikolo2020: 6:35am On Nov 08, 2018
Silver1996:
MORNING FOOD(Food for thought)

As a man was passing the elephants, he suddenly stopped, confused by the fact that these huge creatures were being held by only a small rope tied to their front leg. No chains, no cages. It was obvious that the elephants could, at anytime, break away from their bonds but for some reason, they did not.

He saw a trainer nearby and asked why these animals just stood there and made no attempt to get away. “Well,” trainer said, “when they are very young and much smaller we use the same size rope to tie them and, at that age, it’s enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe they cannot break away. They believe the rope can still hold them, so they never try to break free.”

The man was amazed. These animals could at any time break free from their bonds but because they believed they couldn’t, they were stuck right where they were.

Like the elephants, how many of us go through life hanging onto a belief that we cannot do something, simply because we failed at it once before?

Failure is part of learning; we should never give up the struggle in life.

Moral of the story: No matter how much the world tries to hold you back, always continue with the belief that what you want to achieve is possible. Believing you can become successful is the most important step in actually achieving it.

GOOD MORNING

Thanks for this inspirational story
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by purity23(f): 7:18am On Nov 08, 2018
The chiefs are going down

tnks for the update
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Hamid7(m): 7:30am On Nov 08, 2018
The rest of the Chiefs are on yellow card.

Good job Silver !
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by kikiwendy(f): 7:49am On Nov 08, 2018
I just hope nothing goes wrong and as for the chiefs they should know their fate now that they are going down
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Evold: 7:52am On Nov 08, 2018
We shall be attending Samantha's burial in the next update. Chief Carlos can't go down at the hands of such a weakling
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 8:27am On Nov 08, 2018
grin grin
egwolopretty:
I just pray Samantha succeeds in her plans
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 8:27am On Nov 08, 2018
purity23:
The chiefs are going down

tnks for the update

U welcome dear

1 Like

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 8:28am On Nov 08, 2018
Hamid7:
The rest of the Chiefs are on yellow card.

Good job Silver !

Tnks bro
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 8:30am On Nov 08, 2018
cheesy cheesy
kikiwendy:
I just hope nothing goes wrong and as for the chiefs they should know their fate now that they are going down

Much love dear
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 8:30am On Nov 08, 2018
grin grin
Evold:
We shall be attending Samantha's burial in the next update. Chief Carlos can't go down at the hands of such a weakling
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Risingstar2020(f): 8:51am On Nov 08, 2018
Updateeeeeeee plsssssssss wink
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by showgoeson: 9:09am On Nov 08, 2018
nice 1 silver
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by lanryblaq(m): 9:56am On Nov 08, 2018
Agba silver,yu too much grin
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by hidhrhis(m): 10:20am On Nov 08, 2018
Silver we want more
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by izaray(f): 10:29am On Nov 08, 2018
Evold:
Don't be too sure dearie, and never underestimate the strength of a woman. Has it ever occurred to you that Samantha can get Carlos drugged-out and get the keys to that chain
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 11:05am On Nov 08, 2018
showgoeson:
nice 1 silver

Tnks bro
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 11:05am On Nov 08, 2018
lanryblaq:
Agba silver,yu too much grin

You know Agba-sol?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 11:22am On Nov 08, 2018
KINGS
EPISODE 161

PIOUS CURL HIS LIPS AS HE STARE ROUND CHIEF MAYO'S HOUSE.....

He quickly wear on a fake smile as chief Mayo began to come down from the stairs.......

"Mr Carter..... "He said as he finally step down...

"Chief..... "Pious said with a wry smile...

"What a pleasant surprise... I wasn't expecting you..... "

"I sent you a note yesterday that i will be seeing you today, didn't you receive it... "

Chief Mayo shook his head..... "I never received it.... "He said and sat opposite him...

"I believe it must have fallen off on the way.... "he added

Pious swallowed...... "Your house is a ravishing statuesque..... "

Chief Mayo chulkled..... "Not as pulchritudinous as yours..... "

Both men giggled.....

For a moment they just kept quiet.... Then finally Pious broke the silence......... "So about the hotel, have you found out anything about what happened......?

Chief Mayo squeaked...... "I did..... "he crocked his throat..... "I went there and i met with the new owner of the hotel... As a matter of fact he was a white man.....

"The new owner......? Pious ask

"Yes..... It turn out to be true that my late friend signed out the hotel to the white man.... "

"I don't understand... Why would Odumodu do that.....?

"I don't know either... He loved the hotel.... I don't know what the white man promised him that made him sign ownership to him...... "

Pious exhales and reclined his back on the chair...
It wasnt long before drinks were served to them.....

"So what is his wife doing...? Pious ask carrying his own glass of wine...

Chief Mayo gritted..... "Well, Odumodu have shares in the company.... His shares will be sold and the money allocated will be handed to her afterwhich she will go back to the states with her kids immediately after her husband's burial..... "

"Poor woman.....! Pious whimpered with clenched teeth..... "I wonder why such things happen to good people....... I had plans with the chief to expand the hotel..... "

Chief Mayo suck his teeth.... "Well it seems non of that will be happening now..... "

A raw feeling enthusiasm engulf Pious.... He took a swig from the glass and drop it back on the table..... "So let's go to the reason why am here..... "

Chief Mayo grab his own glass but didn't say anything......

"I heard the elite house election will begin soon... How are you preparing......? Pious ask....

Chief Mayo took a swig...... "Am contesting...... "

"Of course..... "Pious cut in... A huff followed then he continued..... "I did some digging and i learnt someone else other than you won the last time..... "

"Yes......, i was just glad it wasn't Carlos..... "He said with a feeling of resentment........

"I understand Carlos is your big rival in the game which is why i have choose to support you in this upcoming election...... "

A weird feeling of consternation wreck chief Mayo.... If someone as wealthy as Mr Carter supports him......... "That will be very gracious of you...... "

"You don't have to mention that... I have pledge to support you and the late Chief but now that he's death.. I won't leave you alone and am not going back on my word.... As far as this election is concern, you are the winner.... "

Chief Mayo chulkled...... "Carlos will also be contesting...... "

"Do you know how i became who i am today....?

Chief Mayo scoffs but didn't say anything.......

When Pious got no reply.. He continued..... "Everything i want...i put my mind to it, i didn't settle for anything less.... If you believe you can be the chairman of the elite house... Carlos can't drag you down.. It's all about believing in yourself....... "

"Oneself believe won't climb me to the top Mr Carter......"Chief Mayo interjects......... "I also need the support of the top bourgeoisie and bourgeois..... "

Pious smile...... "There is no success without work chief........ "He pick up the glass again and took another swig..... "You don't have to worry about the top tycoons in the club...... As a matter of fact, am having a meeting with them this afternoon at my house...... Be rest assure... Their supports is going to you...... "

After a hectic day of washing all the cars in the compound.. Even the ones he wasn't told to wash.... Francis decided to take a rest..... He went to a corner.. A place he use to hide when he was a kid whenever he has wronged his brother Pious.....

He sat allowing the cool breeze of the afternoon send chills to his skin....
He bit his lips gazing into the quietness of the palace.....

He remenbers earlier when he was watching a car a maid he knows had walked up to him asking if he knew the late prince.... He was shocked dumbfounded on what to say but he knew the right thing.. He denied...... After a long glance the maid left him...

Though he was a bit glad that almost all the guards and maids he knew five years ago were no longer here in the palace... Maybe they have gone their own way to find greener pastures.....

He pick up a stone on the ground.. Threw it and catch it......
His mind wander back to Mogula... He remenber the princess.. He miss her.. Miss her so much.. That sometimes he wish he was still there.. Still in Mogula with her.....

He knew for a fact if she hadn't try to sacrifice herself.. He will still be there... Probably kissing her right now...

A raw sensation wreck him when he brood over their kiss... Her mouth in his..... The tender touch of her hands...... The intense kiss....

He jut his chin and wave the thought away.. He was never going back now.. Just then Pandora's words came knocking in his head..... "You can't outrun ogini... "

He grunts and put the thought aside... They were just useless words the other world believe in.. No one worships ogini in this part of the world.. To them.. Ogini is just a story.. A feeble....

He swallowed hard and sprang back to the present..... He knew for a fact he needs a plan.. A way to bring justice to his father's dead.. To avenge his father....

The painful taunting memory came again.... His screams..... His brother asking him to run..it reminds him he was alone.. No one to call family.....

He shuddered when he saw a shadow in the beem of the sun in the floor..... Heart throbbing he raised his head... He quickly stood up as he saw the maid.. He recognized her.....

"My prince..... "Rachael muttered

He swallowed hard.. Hands clenching behind him..... "Am sorry am not the prince...."he said shapily...

Rachael stood looking at him.. It was him.. The same face.. It can't be a coincidence....... "You can't be here my prince....."She said with shaking mouth... A jarring feeling of awe sweeping through her.... Her head screaming at her that his life will be in danger if he stays.. The palace wasn't safe... Akpatu wasn't safe for him......... "You need to run... "she added

Questions began to swamped Francis head....does she know... Does she know the chiefs killed his parents... How did she know... But he couldn't ask her.. He has to stick to his story.. To his new identity.........

"Am sorry... My name is Octova.... Am not the prince. It's just a mere coincidence i look like him.... "

Racheal look around to make sure no one was coming then she turn her gaze to him....."You don't understand... You are not safe here...... "

"Please don't tell the king to fire me, i need this job.. My brother and i will starve if the king fire us.... "Francis said sepulchrally...

Rachael took a deep drag... His stubbornness will get him killed.... "My prince, you don't need to pretend, i know what happened......"

"I am not the prince...... "Francis yelled irritated.. His voice echoed on the walls.... He insufflate.. Sucking in all the air he can get.. Wallowing in his own outburst... But it's high time someone gives him some space.......

Shocked at his sudden reaction.. Rachael shift aback.... Then she saw someone... A shadow... Then the person poke his head out from the corner of the wall..........

"Am sorry.... "She muttered.... Then she left immediately....

Francis sat down back trying to catch his breath.....

"Why are you shouting.....?

Shocked... He turn his gaze to the direction of the voice... He sigh when he noticed it was Taka.....

Just then a guard came...

Both boys spun round...their pale face staring at the guard.......

"Get to work now...... "The guard raved.....

Both boys glance at each other..... "We are through with our work... "Taka replied...

"Then get to your room...... and stop constituting nuisance.... This is a palace not a playground........ "

Taka gave the guard a hard look... He watch him leave..... Then he shift his gaze back to Francis........ "What's wrong with you.....?

Step by step Carlos climbed down from the staircase..... Frown lines encroach on his forehead as he remembers his discussion with that stupid girl, even though the girl doesn't have any evidence... He still want to crush her for messing around with him.....

He finally got down from the stairs and crunched down on a chair.... One of his thug stood at the door.....

He pick up the remote and put on the TV....
He quickly check his time then he remenber he has a meeting with some members of the elite house in few hours......

He snort...... And turn his gaze to the door when the door flung open.....

A wry smile made it's way to his lips when he saw who was coming in......

"Isn't this a surprise........? He quickly ask standing up to meet him......

"If your business partner doesn't come to visit you, you as the good business man.. You just have to make the visit......"Pious said and they both giggled....

Pious sat beside him... His thug stood beside Carlos thug... Each not bothering to look at the other... They just fixed their gaze to one Direction..... Their boss..

"I was about going out...... "Carlos said

"Am glad i caught you before you left........."Pious said...

Carlos called for drinks which were served without hesitation......

"So Mr Carter... To what do i owe this surprised visit...... ?

Pious squeaked....a sly smile curve his chin....... "You remenber the business i told you about.....?

"The one we partner with you.....?

Pious gave him an askance look..... "Let's say i want to start doing something in this community... Something that will benefit us all...... "He snort and continue..... "The land is rich which is why i know it will yeild many returns back.... "

"Mmmm. Mm.... Am so intrigued...... "Carlos said as he took a deep swig of his wine.....

"And as my partner.. You will only give me the kind of help i need if you become the elite party chairman.... "

"Is that your way of pledging your support.....? Carlos ask with a scoff....

"It's my way of announcing the winner....... "

Carlos chulkled........ "Of course mr Carter am going to win......... But am curious... Why do you want to support me.....?

Pious gulp down a bit of his drink......"Do you know why the lion has a mane,why the tiger has stripes and the Leopard has a solid black spot on it's limb and head?

"Enlighten me..... "Carlos replied with a knitted brows...

"They have it so the rest of the animals in the jungle wouldn't cross.... To send a warning to them that they are king and rulers of the jungle........."He pause then continued.... "You see Carlos, i don't just bargain for antiques, i bargain for power.... Because power is wealth and with wealth you can get anything..... "

"Except immortality and death ..... "Carlos scurred....

Pious knit his brows.... "Perhaps except that......... "He lour his lips...... "With you as the chairman of the elite house, nothing is going to stop my plans for this kingdom......."

"Mr Carter... I think is time we give you a proper welcome to Akpatu...... Why don't you come to the palace tomorrow..... A feast will be throw in your honour....... "

"I will be delighted chief....... "he pick up his glass...... "Cheers to riches.... "

"To power.... "Carlos replied....

"And damnation of our enemies...... "

MIND GAMES......

WHO IS MORE SMART?

TBC

pls remember to drop a comment for me after reading

A big big thank you to all those who have voted for me, even those who haven't voted thank you.....

Pls if u haven't voted and you think i deserve this November 5k award...... Pls click on this link and vote by typing Silver1996.....

https://www.nairaland.com/4829787/nomination-thread-november-5k-award#72730143

3 Likes

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:56am On Nov 08, 2018
well done Silver.I am not comfortable with Francis in the palace.Rachael is right.Its too daisy for him
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Hamid7(m): 12:12pm On Nov 08, 2018
Now the two brothers are close to meeting each other.
Francis should leave the palace the recognition and suspicion trailing him is too much.
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by obijos(m): 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2018
U are doing a nice work
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Mavikolo2020: 12:50pm On Nov 08, 2018
Why do i have the feeling that something will go wrong when Pious get to the palace
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Ann2012(f): 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2018
Thanks for the update OP

Looking forward to Pious and Francis reunion

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (144) (Reply)

The Hole In The Wall / Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms / A Man To Call Her Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.