Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,666 members, 7,955,405 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:13 AM

Is Atheism Gaining Ground? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Atheism Gaining Ground? (5932 Views)

"In The Realm Of The Occult, The Highest Form Of Stupidity Is Atheism" / What Is Atheism? / Is Atheism A Belief Or Lack Of Belief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by mmsen: 1:02am On Apr 13, 2018
Emmanystone:

Only. We don't have atheists in Nigeria, we have sons and daughters of satan worshippers who hide under the umbrella of atheism to insult God.

How do i know this? Just start a discussion you'd discover they indeed believe there's God but hatred for Him won't let them surrender to Him

They have demons dwlling in them. When a demon hears 'Jesus', he trembles inside of them and reacts violently throwing up tantrums, but denying there's no God, even when he can't help not talking against Him who does not exist.

Where is your proof that they are satan worshippers?

What is a demon?

1 Like

Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Butterflyleo: 5:05am On Apr 13, 2018
mmsen:

The Chinese state might be irreligious but the Chinese populace have retained their absurd culture ancestral worship. Those becomind xtians hawe simply replaced or supplemented their traditional superstitions with another peculiar belief, in much the same way that Africans have.

Religion only grows in places where unrestricted access to information is rare or impossible. The Chinese have their poverty and state censorship, Africans have their poverty and social stigma. Both groups love their superstitious nonsense.

So now Atheist China is superstitious nonsense because I rightly pointed out that Christianity is booming there and would soon make it the largest Christian country in the world. grin

If China, as atheistic as they are and considering the way they clamped down on churches about 50yrs ago how they are repeating so again now, yet could not stop the growth and wild fire spread of christianity, what hope then do you think atheism has to grow and increase when even in their own backyard, they cannot contain the spread of Christianity?

Also do note that the growing population of Christians in China are found much more on the sophisticated middle class in booming cities so for you to claim that only the poor are Christians in China is simply foolishness . Christianity is the de-facto middle class religion right now in China and many of them came from families that were not originally christian so get your deluded facts right.

I am not sorry that I came to ruin the party you atheists were throwing by lying to yourselves because facts will remain facts.
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by TOSIN116: 6:45am On Apr 13, 2018
budaatum:

Oh, humans have evolved immensely, both physically, and moreso, mentally and they continue to. One just need see how people thought just 50 years ago to know that.

i talking about changing form like growing bigger head, sharper teeths and perhaps some wings to fly
and why didn't any more monkey change to man?
and snakes grow legs
and they are just the same as they were in the bible times
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by TOSIN116: 6:45am On Apr 13, 2018
budaatum:

Oh, humans have evolved immensely, both physically, and moreso, mentally and they continue to. One just need see how people thought just 50 years ago to know that.

i talking about changing form like
man growing bigger head, sharper teeths and perhaps some wings to fly
and why didn't any more monkey change to man?
and snakes grow legs
and they are just the same as they were in the bible times

1 Like

Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by mmsen: 7:13am On Apr 13, 2018
Butterflyleo:

So now Atheist China is superstitious nonsense because I rightly pointed out that Christianity is booming there and would soon make it the largest Christian country in the world. grin

If China, as atheistic as they are and considering the way they clamped down on churches about 50yrs ago how they are repeating so again now, yet could not stop the growth and wild fire spread of christianity, what hope then do you think atheism has to grow and increase when even in their own backyard, they cannot contain the spread of Christianity?

Also do note that the growing population of Christians in China are found much more on the sophisticated middle class in booming cities so for you to claim that only the poor are Christians in China is simply foolishness . Christianity is the de-facto middle class religion right now in China and many of them came from families that were not originally christian so get your deluded facts right.

I am not sorry that I came to ruin the party you atheists were throwing by lying to yourselves because facts will remain facts.

This is what I wrote:

The Chinese state might be irreligious but the Chinese populace have retained their absurd culture ancestral worship. Those becoming xtians have simply replaced or supplemented their traditional superstitions with another peculiar belief, in much the same way that Africans have.

Either you intentionally misunderstood what I wrote or you cannot differentiate between the state and the general population.

2 Likes

Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Butterflyleo: 7:56am On Apr 13, 2018
mmsen:

This is what I wrote:

The Chinese state might be irreligious but the Chinese populace have retained their absurd culture ancestral worship. Those becoming xtians have simply replaced or supplemented their traditional superstitions with another peculiar belief, in much the same way that Africans have.

Either you intentionally misunderstood what I wrote or you cannot differentiate between the state and the general population.

Lmao I totally understood what you wrote. The Chinese government is an atheist one and as at 1949, 99% of China was atheist with only 1million people as Christians.

Atheism is simply a lack of belief in God or a rejection of God and this means that an atheist is free to do or believe anything else as long ad deification is not included.

The Chinese populace simply now realise the foolishness inherent in atheism which denies them their rights as humans. They now see how desensitized their atheist government is making them become because at a point, life was no longer valued. Their law stipulated that it was financially profitable to kill than to avoid killing (read it up). Families are denied rights to have children. They banned surrogacy, every citizen is being monitored and any negative comment against their atheist government is seen as great treason and punishable by death.

Guy go and rest. You guys are killing your atheism with your own hands and you are gradually becoming an endangered specie.
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by mmsen: 8:16am On Apr 13, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Lmao I totally understood what you wrote. The Chinese government is an atheist one and as at 1949, 99% of China was atheist with only 1million people as Christians.

Atheism is simply a lack of belief in God or a rejection of God and this means that an atheist is free to do or believe anything else as long ad deification is not included.

The Chinese populace simply now realise the foolishness inherent in atheism which denies them their rights as humans. They now see how desensitized their atheist government is making them become because at a point, life was no longer valued. Their law stipulated that it was financially profitable to kill than to avoid killing (read it up). Families are denied rights to have children. They banned surrogacy, every citizen is being monitored and any negative comment against their atheist government is seen as great treason and punishable by death.

Guy go and rest. You guys are killing your atheism with your own hands and you are gradually becoming an endangered specie.

I initially wrote that you are fundamentally dishonest but decided that wasn't warranted.

It is now.

As per - http://www.sacu.org/religion.html
The communist revolution sought to break these ancient connections, but with limited success. While the power of the clan or lineage has declined, the family has remained the focus of production. The rural reforms of recent years have reinforced this. Despite all attempts at re-education by the Communist Party the family cult associated with Confucianism and popular religion still flourishes throughout the countryside, as do so-called 'superstitious practices'.

Peasants saw no contradiction in attending both Buddhist and Daoist worship, nor in incorporating a diversity of gods into the local pantheon. The Confucian state, dominated by Confucian thinking, was generally tolerant of the various religions that contended for the hearts and minds of the people, and other religions were allowed to flourish provided they did not challenge the fundamental Confucian order. Both Buddhism and Daoism inspired heterodox religious systems, and from time to time these broke out in social rebellions, leading to state intervention and attempted suppression.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by superhumanist(m): 8:34am On Apr 13, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Shut your mumu mouth and stop with your idiocy. Every single credible statistics data base made exactly the same projections regarding the global decline of atheism and one of the main data powerhouses PEW RESEARCH crowned it all.

Trends actually determine a lot about the future which is why they are called TRENDS. When a change is being noticed in a certain direction over a period of time, it is called a trend and research determines its sustainability and consistency and this was why Russia was used as an example because what China is going through now already happened in Russia a century ago and Christianity boomed in Russia despite that and now China is experiencing the very same thing.

You live in the past ogbeni and not even in the present and surely no hope for the future.

If the same data projection authorities had said atheism was expected to increase and keep increasing till the year 2050 would you have said it was a meaningless data projection? grin cheesy

You are an atheistically endangered specie. A mumu one at that too grin

See how the simple truth is making you to write pained epistles here.

I can see that you have no experience with forecasts and projections. I say this because only an ignorant person would rely on trends to predict the future ina global scale. Trends themselves are not stable; they sometimes increase pace and sometimes they get reversed.

I won't bother to argue much with you since you couldn't even read the important parts of your link on the forecasts.

The fact is that at the present, non-religion is the fastest growing beliefs in Europe, North America and Asia.
https://relay.nationalgeographic.com/proxy/distribution/public/amp/2016/04/160422-atheism-agnostic-secular-nones-rising-religion
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by superhumanist(m): 8:37am On Apr 13, 2018
Emmanystone:

What have you now said?

Please, go and chase imaginary demons your house.

Don't disturb me with your satanic delusions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Butterflyleo: 8:37am On Apr 13, 2018
mmsen:

I initially wrote that you are fundamentally dishonest but decided that wasn't warranted.

It is now.

As per - http://www.sacu.org/religion.html
The communist revolution sought to break these ancient connections, but with limited success. While the power of the clan or lineage has declined, the family has remained the focus of production. The rural reforms of recent years have reinforced this. Despite all attempts at re-education by the Communist Party the family cult associated with Confucianism and popular religion still flourishes throughout the countryside, as do so-called 'superstitious practices'.

Peasants saw no contradiction in attending both Buddhist and Daoist worship, nor in incorporating a diversity of gods into the local pantheon. The Confucian state, dominated by Confucian thinking, was generally tolerant of the various religions that contended for the hearts and minds of the people, and other religions were allowed to flourish provided they did not challenge the fundamental Confucian order. Both Buddhism and Daoism inspired heterodox religious systems, and from time to time these broke out in social rebellions, leading to state intervention and attempted suppression.

Actually the fundamentally dishonest person is you. Earlier you were rejoicing that atheism was growing in China when it was a lie. And when I pointed out facts you are now trying to explain why Christianity is thriving now in China. grin

Why are you now shifting from your earlier place of "joy"? cheesy

Here I was talking about from 1949 when Mao Zedong ruled and when he proclaimed the single party system of communism in China and officially declared China an atheist state and from 1949 to 1953 Mao Zedong under his atheistic government was responsible for the death and murder of about 60million religious people which was why the population of Christians dropped to 1 million and you are here spewing trash about what I am not talking about all in an attempt to jump ship.

Ogbeni park well. You are an endangered specie. Go and weep.

"China’s estimated 85 million members of the Communist Party have been warned that they are not allowed to have religious beliefs, and that those who do will be punished.

Wang Zuoan, director of the state administration for religious affairs, said that religion undermined communism. Party members must be “firm Marxist atheists, obey party rules and stick to the party’s faith”.

Mao Zedong, China’s first communist leader, tried to destroy religion and the party has long since promoted atheism.
"

You can continue arguing with your ancestors.
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by superhumanist(m): 8:40am On Apr 13, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Less than 10 percent of Chinese are Christians.

But continue your lies.

1 Like

Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Butterflyleo: 8:44am On Apr 13, 2018
superhumanist:

See how the simple truth is making you to write pained epistles here.

I can see that you have no experience with forecasts and projections. I say this because only an ignorant person would rely on trends to predict the future ina global scale. Trends themselves are not stable; they sometimes increase pace and sometimes they get reversed.

I won't bother to argue much with you since you couldn't even read the important parts of your link on the forecasts.

The fact is that at the present, non-religion is the fastest growing beliefs in Europe, North America and Asia.
https://relay.nationalgeographic.com/proxy/distribution/public/amp/2016/04/160422-atheism-agnostic-secular-nones-rising-religion

Smh when I always call you a mumu you need to for once stop and accept that you are exactly that. grin

Irreligion is defined as the absence of religion and/or an indifference towards religion. Sometimes it may also be defined more narrowly as hostility towards religion.

A theist may be religious or irreligious. An atheist may also be religious or irreligious. Both atheists and theists may thus be irreligious or not.

This definition of irreligion means that it's more of an attitude towards religion rather than an actual religious position.

Irreligion does not automatically translate to atheism. Your mumu head actually thought atheism and irreligion are the same thing. You are a big Fooooooooooooollll!

cheesy grin
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Butterflyleo: 8:46am On Apr 13, 2018
superhumanist:

Less than 10 percent of Chinese are Christians.

But continue your lies.

We have been through this before. Makes me wonder if you have any brain in that head of yours.

Question. Why is atheist China being focussed on and projected to be the most Christian nation per population by 2030?

Am I talking about the percentage or the trend of growth? Mumuhumanist you are indeed
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by mmsen: 8:47am On Apr 13, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Actually the fundamentally dishonest person is you. Earlier you were rejoicing that atheism was growing in China when it was a lie. And when I pointed out facts you are now trying to explain why Christianity is thriving now in China. grin

Why are you now shifting from your earlier place of "joy"? cheesy

Here I was talking about from 1949 when Mao Zedong ruled and when he proclaimed the single party system of communism in China and officially declared China an atheist state and from 1949 to 1953 Mao Zedong under his atheistic government was responsible for the death and murder of about 60million religious people which was why the population of Christians dropped to 1 million and you are here spewing trash about what I am not talking about all in an attempt to jump ship.

Ogbeni park well. You are an endangered specie. Go and weep.

"China’s estimated 85 million members of the Communist Party have been warned that they are not allowed to have religious beliefs, and that those who do will be punished.

Wang Zuoan, director of the state administration for religious affairs, said that religion undermined communism. Party members must be “firm Marxist atheists, obey party rules and stick to the party’s faith”.

Mao Zedong, China’s first communist leader, tried to destroy religion and the party has long since promoted atheism.
"

You can continue arguing with your ancestors.

You are insistent on arguing against statements that I did not make.

I did not rejoice that atheism is growing - I corrected your ignorant comment by pointing out that many of the more established systems of belief had survived in China despite the attempts made by the Communist Party. There is no proof that China was ever a majority atheist nation, certainly not the 99% that you erroneously claimed.

You are doing yourself a disservice and proving that religion is about 'Us vs Them', the senseless tribalism that has hampered Nigeria since its inception. If your religion is so wonderful, if it is revealed wisdom from a deity it would stand on its own merits, whether there are 5 adherents or 5 billion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Butterflyleo: 8:52am On Apr 13, 2018
mmsen:

You are insistent in arguing against statements that I did not make.

I did not rejoice that atheism is growing - I simply corrected your ignorant comment.

You are simply proving that religion is about 'Us vs Them', the senseless tribalism that has hampered Nigeria since its inception.

On the contrary, take a look around nairaland religion section. Atheists are the ones proving that it is them vs us. They curse us, insult us at every turn, jump on specifically christian threads just to ridicule and mock uninvited, etc. The bigots are you atheists and this is why your felloe Chinese atheist ex leader Mao Zedong was able to comfortably murder almost 60million people who were not in support of his atheistic declaration of China.

I was on point. You were the one being ignorant and still are.

If you still cannot see your ignorance then I cannot help you

And God has been standing on his own merits which is why your formerly atheist Russia could not suppress Christianity and your currently atheist China still cannot suppress it.

Deal with it the truth is bitter but has to be told.
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by superhumanist(m): 9:27am On Apr 13, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Smh when I always call you a mumu you need to for once stop and accept that you are exactly that. grin

Irreligion is defined as the absence of religion and/or an indifference towards religion. Sometimes it may also be defined more narrowly as hostility towards religion.

A theist may be religious or irreligious. An atheist may also be religious or irreligious. Both atheists and theists may thus be irreligious or not.

This definition of irreligion means that it's more of an attitude towards religion rather than an actual religious position.

Irreligion does not automatically translate to atheism. Your mumu head actually thought atheism and irreligion are the same thing. You are a big Fooooooooooooollll!

cheesy grin

All these epistles that you are writing do not change the fact that Yahweh is becoming more and more irrelevant.

It is a global phenomenon. Religion is not as important as it used to be.

Even Christians are becoming secular. Unitarian Christians. Christians who support gay rights.

Enjoy your pain. Atheism can only grow
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by superhumanist(m): 9:31am On Apr 13, 2018
Butterflyleo:

We have been through this before. Makes me wonder if you have any brain in that head of yours.

Question. Why is atheist China being focussed on and projected to be the most Christian nation per population by 2030?

Am I talking about the percentage or the trend of growth? Mumuhumanist you are indeed

I feel your pain. You tried to lie that Christianity was significant in China but it is not. Some studies even put it as low as 4-5%. Imagine that! Christians make up onlu 5 percent of the Chinese population.

1 Like

Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Butterflyleo: 9:47am On Apr 13, 2018
superhumanist:

All these epistles that you are writing do not change the fact that Yahweh is becoming more and more irrelevant.

It is a global phenomenon. Religion is not as important as it used to be.

Even Christians are becoming secular. Unitarian Christians. Christians who support gay rights.

Enjoy your pain. Atheism can only grow

Lmao see delusion grin cheesy

Every credible data projection source calls you a mumu for this lie.

Consoling yourself is allowed sha. After all you are about to be an endangered specie grin
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Butterflyleo: 9:49am On Apr 13, 2018
superhumanist:

I feel your pain. You tried to lie that Christianity was significant in China but it is not. Some studies even put it as low as 4-5%. Imagine that! Christians make up onlu 5 percent of the Chinese population.

Currently Christians are more In number than the entire communist party members in china and the communist members in China are about 80million. A growth from just 1million in 1949 to over 80million in 2018 grin

Do you see how useless atheism is if right under an atheist government atheism is shrinking cheesy
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by superhumanist(m): 9:53am On Apr 13, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Currently Christians are more In number than the entire communist party members in china and the communist members in China are about 80million. A growth from just 1million in 1949 to over 80million in 2018 grin

Do you see how useless atheism is if right under an atheist government atheism is shrinking cheesy

Keep inflating numbers.

The Chinese are over a billion. Your Christians in China no fit pass 40 million
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by superhumanist(m): 9:55am On Apr 13, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Lmao see delusion grin cheesy

Every credible data projection source calls you a mumu for this lie.

Consoling yourself is allowed sha. After all you are about to be an endangered specie grin

Charity begins at home. Even here on nairaland, your Christian beliefs are not safe. Pastors and churches being bashed left and right. The change is coming
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Emmanystone: 9:56am On Apr 13, 2018
superhumanist:

Please, go and chase imaginary demons your house.

Don't disturb me with your satanic delusions.
What have you still said? angry
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by superhumanist(m): 10:01am On Apr 13, 2018
Emmanystone:

What have you still said? angry

Madam, park well.
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:10am On Apr 13, 2018
About time too.
Freedom of CHOICE! kiss
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Butterflyleo: 10:12am On Apr 13, 2018
superhumanist:

Charity begins at home. Even here on nairaland, your Christian beliefs are not safe. Pastors and churches being bashed left and right. The change is coming

Wow as the bonafide mumu you are, you are repeating what I just explained to you when you talked about irreligion. When did skepticism translate to atheism?

Even theists bash pastors. In fact theists bash pastors more than anyone else yet that does not change the belief in God but rather shows the frailties inherent in men.

You will never cease to amaze me with your mumuish ways
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Emmanystone: 10:12am On Apr 13, 2018
mmsen:

Where is your proof that they are satan worshippers?

What is a demon?

This is the proof, 'and satan said to him (Jesus), “If you are God's Son, throw yourself down, for the scripture says, ‘God will give orders to his angels about you; they will hold you up with their hands, so that not even your feet will be hurt on the stones.'

Satan knew who Jesus is long before he was born. The magicians/astrologers who came to worship and present him gifts were his servants and had been monitoring Jesus' star right from the time of Daniel in Babylon. Yet, he came demanding that Jesus act in pride and do his wish three times.

And here you are again, satan still speaking through your voice. 'If there's God, let him show himself, let him do this, let him do that, then we will believe'. As if your believing in Him will add something to Him.

Satan hasn't changed, only those who are ignorant are deceived.

Listen. No one can give God orders. Not all the demons of hell or the humans of earth. He is your master, you will do as he please or you get out and go to hell where the rebellious go.
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Butterflyleo: 10:13am On Apr 13, 2018
superhumanist:

Keep inflating numbers.

The Chinese are over a billion. Your Christians in China no fit pass 40 million

What is the population of the atheist communist party members in China?

Just mention it and let me show you how foolish you are for making this statement. grin
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Emmanystone: 10:25am On Apr 13, 2018
Butterflyleo:

He just likes reading his own mumu comments.
The boy sef eh! You dey try for am sha. Him head block.
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Butterflyleo: 10:29am On Apr 13, 2018
Emmanystone:

The boy sef eh! You dey try for am sha. Him head block.

If it was blocked that one is simple to fix. Is it not to unblock it? I believe that his head is empty
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Emmanystone: 10:32am On Apr 13, 2018
superhumanist:

Madam, park well.
I don already Park in Christ. For where you park? In Hell? Sorry boy, Hell will be one hell of a place.

Enjoy your flames.
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Emmanystone: 10:59am On Apr 13, 2018
Butterflyleo:

If it was blocked that one is simple to fix. Is it not to unblock it? I believe that his head is empty
Demons don chop him brain bhuahahahahahaha.

1 Like

Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Butterflyleo: 11:49am On Apr 13, 2018
Emmanystone:

Demons don chop him brain bhuahahahahahaha.

grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Temple of YHVH Almighty / Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. / Conversation Between Apastor And Awisechild:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.