Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? (77809 Views)

Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 21, 2018
I actually love them. When there is a knock on my gate and I peep through to see two beautiful JW sisters, i let let them immediately, knowing that the lord has a powerful message for me. grin
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 2:42pm On Apr 21, 2018
xaggar:
To them... Born again is "simply" those who come forward when an alter call is made for repentance. Usually these persons (that come forward) may be asked to do so while the eyes of others (the congregants) are requested to be shut so the Repenter don't feel ashamed.
The Repenter is then asked to repeat after me, (me is actually the pastor)... And then, the Repenter is declared born again. After that, the Repenter is told to wait after service to see the pastor.

Unless they've changed their style now.
Is that what those 8 men in new York told you?
They told you this just to scare you from being born again. So you will only see them as the ones who have right to be: called born again, receive fruit of the sprit, filled with the holy spirit and called sons of God.

They just want to keep controlling you. It's evil to tell people that God has two classes of followers.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2018
Riofidelio:
Instead of telling your brother to stop the amusement you're still gnashing your teeth, well please if you fully understand the meaning of "Oponu Olodo" help me translate it in English for your brother. He asked a person that he himself confirmed a LIAR if he/she is "Born again"! As far as i know that sounds like a "confused dullard" to me.

Once you are asked a question that your gb has no answer to you guys become aggressive in order to cover up the lack of knowledge on that topic. She asked you a question are you a born again? A very simple question that demands a yes or no answer. Instead, you start cursing up and down.
Or are you people hiding anything?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
Riofidelio:
What you should have asked is "what is the meaning of Born Again?" and allow for response from different individuals practicing different religions then you'll see clearly what most of your people termed as Born Again! Then you'll know how to identify those who belong to that class by carefully meditating on various definitions.Please i'm begging you for God's sake and for the sanctification of HIS mightiness to drop this case because it's an insult on Christianity!
You dont dictate the kind of question a person is to ask. If she asked a question and you noticed you don't have an answer simply say so.
Why should she ask the question your way? I thought your gb has all the answers to all questions

Are you born again?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
Riofidelio:
It's a free world my friend so nobody can deny you that freedom of expression but constituting a nuisance because some good for nothing men you called pastors have brainwashed you to be arguing blindly in obstinate stupidity is what i'm advising you to stop! You can comment on another topic or better still change the subject but trying to say you're right for asking someone you yourself confirmed is a LIAR by the discernment of the Holy Spirit in you if such LIAR is Born Again is nothing but STUPIDITY!
av come to terms already with d fact dat u are not who u pretend to be

1 Like

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 21, 2018
Riofidelio:
What you should have asked is "what is the meaning of Born Again?" and allow for response from different individuals practicing different religions then you'll see clearly what most of your people termed as Born Again! Then you'll know how to identify those who belong to that class by carefully meditating on various definitions.Please i'm begging you for God's sake and for the sanctification of HIS mightiness to drop this case because it's an insult on Christianity!
if dat simple question could make you lose ur civility and decorum, am not surprised.. Being born again is paramount and Jesus told Nicodemus dat he "must" be born again.. If u aren't born again den u r just Deceiving ursef nd ur existence is aimless.

1 Like

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by xaggar(m): 6:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Is that what those 8 men in new York told you?
They told you this just to scare you from being born again. So you will only see them as the ones who have right to be: called born again, receive fruit of the sprit, filled with the holy spirit and called sons of God.

They just want to keep controlling you. It's evil to tell people that God has two classes of followers.

What do Christ mean when He says, let your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
xaggar:
To them... Born again is "simply" those who come forward when an alter call is made for repentance. Usually these persons (that come forward) may be asked to do so while the eyes of others (the congregants) are requested to be shut so the Repenter don't feel ashamed.
The Repenter is then asked to repeat after me, (me is actually the pastor)... And then, the Repenter is declared born again. After that, the Repenter is told to wait after service to see the pastor.

Unless they've changed their style now.
1peter 1:23...Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever... Being born again is not a process or a method but an experience. Its either u av had it our u av not.. But it is paramount if u must see God at last
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 21, 2018
salvation101:
if dat simple question could make you lose ur civility and decorum, am not surprised.. Being born again is paramount and Jesus told Nicodemus dat he "must" be born again.. If u aren't born again den u r just Deceiving ursef nd ur existence is aimless.

What does it mean to be born again?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 21, 2018
salvation101:
The name of the God of the Bible is יַהְוֶה‬ transgrammation is YHWH pronounced as Yahweh. There is no where in history where the word Jehovah or yehowah appears before the 12th century. The word Jehova is a man made name gotten from joining two Hebrew words for the name of God wch are Yahweh and Adonai...
Do i have a problem with the word Jehovah, no i do not. But i have a problem with people trying to deceive us that it is true name of God and others are fake. Every dialect has a name they call God but if you must call him by his original name then it has to be YHWH...

Jehovah withnesses where first called Russellites after the name of their first president Russell. After his death the second president changed the name of the organization to Jehovahs withnesses..
If Jehovah commanded your folks to withness for him, how come the first generation of JW were called Russellites instead of withnesses? Would you regard the first generation of jws including your founder as withnesses too?

If you say YHWH, you haven't pronounced the name. The Jews never pronounced Gods name "YHWH". The truth is that no one knows exactly how they pronounce it. YHWH was never a vocalization.

2. Answer me: what will you call disciples of Jesus prior to the incident in Acts 11:26?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 21, 2018
JMAN05:

If you say YHWH, you haven't pronounced the name. The Jews never pronounced Gods name "YHWH". The truth is that no one knows exactly how they pronounce it. YHWH was never a vocalization.
in dat case, why den should anyone try to sell the name jehova? There are many dialects and many ways people refer to God so, no one should try to make one name seem superior to another

2. Answer me: what will you call disciples of Jesus prior to the incident in Acts 11:26?
u already mentioned d name nd u r asking again? All through the gospels, the followers of Jesus were called disciples of Jesus. Discipleship is a core tradition in Jewish scholarly environment. John the Baptist had disciples, dey were simply called John's disciples.. Even paul d Apostle was called a disciple of Gamaliel.
Jesus disciples were first called Christians at Antioch and as we can see in scripture, they accepted d name.. Acts 26:28,, 1 Peter 4:16

1 Like

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 21, 2018
salvation101:
in dat case, why den should anyone try to sell the name jehova? There are many dialects and many ways people refer to God so, no one should try to make one name seem superior to another
No one sold Jehovah to you. Your most cherished KJV presented it to you and you accepted everything in it as true but Jehovah. Are you for real?
The very first KJV published in 1611 has it as Jehovah. That is why I told you that you are not using the original KJV but an edited version. Look in Psalms 83:18 KJV 1611 and you see it.

Saying that it is coined in the 12th century when was 'Yahweh', used in the ERV, coined?

You said that the name of God is יַהְוֶה‬ but you, the very one refusing translation accepted YHWH. Why not leave it as יַהְוֶה‬? Why did you accept a latinize alternative to the Hebrew letters?
salvation101:

The name of the God of the Bible is יַהְוֶה‬ transgrammation is YHWH pronounced as Yahweh. There is no where in history where the word Jehovah or yehowah appears before the 12th century. The word Jehova is a man made name gotten from joining two Hebrew words for the name of God wch are Yahweh and Adonai...
Talking about selling an idea?
You thought is absolutely fallacious and shows your ingrained desire to erase the truth. What do you know about transliteration of the divine name for your to project Yahweh above Jehovah?

Well, let me start by asking you the meaning of Yahweh. What does Yahweh mean?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:31pm On Apr 21, 2018
xaggar:

What do Christ mean when He says, let your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven?
That's why 8 old men will say they are chosen by God as his only channel of communication?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 21, 2018
removetheturban:
No one sold Jehovah to you. Your most cherished KJV presented it to you and you accepted everything in it as true but Jehovah. Are you for real?
The very first KJV published in 1611 has it as Jehovah. That is why I told you that you are not using the original KJV but an edited version. Look in Psalms 83:18 KJV 1611 and you see it.

Saying that it is coined in the 12th century when was 'Yahweh', used in the ERV, coined?

You said that the name of God is יַהְוֶה‬ but you, the very one refusing translation accepted YHWH. Why not leave it as יַהְוֶה‬? Why did you accept a latinize alternative to the Hebrew letters?
cry me a river, you are yet to show me where dat name can be found in history before the 12th century otherwise all d kjv ranting is just balderdash.. U av severally accused kjv of spurious insertion but know how to mention it wen it comes to ur jehova.. Dat name to me is just another name for God... Nothing special

Talking about selling an idea?
You thought is absolutely fallacious and shows your ingrained desire to erase the truth. What do you know about transliteration of the divine name for your to project Yahweh above Jehovah?

Well, let me start by asking you the meaning of Yahweh. What does Yahweh mean?
Yahweh is a name dat scares u so much cos it is the real transliteration of YHWH.. Dat is wat i know about it. So u had been silently following while ur brethren were defending why u can call others fool but couldn't call dem to order. Ir organization is definitely not different from any other religious organization
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 21, 2018
salvation101:
cry me a river, you are yet to show me where dat name can be found in history before the 12th century otherwise all d kjv ranting is just balderdash.. U av severally accused kjv of spurious insertion but know how to mention it wen it comes to ur jehova.. Dat name to me is just another name for God... Nothing special
Yes, because Bible translations before the KJV had the name. The KJB was not the first to use Jehovah. Tell me when Yahweh was coined?
salvation101:

Yahweh is a name dat scares u so much cos it is the real transliteration of YHWH.. Dat is wat i know about it. So u had been silently following while ur brethren were defending why u can call others fool but couldn't call dem to order. Ir organization is definitely not different from any other religious organization
I wasn't following for the record. I just logged on and saw stuff. Well, we use the Bible to call to order. We do not force stuff into people's throat. Many here have pushed me to some limit. I end the conversation rather than take it to that limit. I tried it once and discovered that it was futile. I prefer a calm and composed conversation with a pinch of humour.
What is the meaning of Yahweh?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:34pm On Apr 21, 2018
removetheturban:
Yes, because Bible translations before the KJV had the name. The KJB was not the first to use Jehovah. Tell me when Yahweh was coined? I wasn't following for the record. I just logged on and saw stuff. Well, we use the Bible to call to order. We do not force stuff into people's throat. Many here have pushed me to some limit. I end the conversation rather than take it to that limit. I tried it once and discovered that it was futile. I prefer a calm and composed conversation with a pinch of humour.

Bible that jehovah was never mentioned in the Greek manuscripts. It was only speculated by some people you consider pagans and now you say if people don't use the name jehovah then they are not true Christians.

Jehovah written in the new testament is a spurious insertion.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 21, 2018
Okay.
what does Yahweh mean?
Hairyrapunzel:

Bible that jehovah was never mentioned in the Greek manuscripts. It was only speculated by some people you consider pagans and now you say if people don't use the name jehovah then they are not true Christians.
Jehovah written in the new testament is a spurious insertion.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:47pm On Apr 21, 2018
removetheturban:
Okay.
what does Yahweh mean?

YHWH pronunciation. OK what does Jehovah mean?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
removetheturban:
Okay.
what does Yahweh mean?

Why do you guys say that only true Christians use the name jehovah? Where in the Bible did they say that's a criteria to be considered a true Christian by God?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 21, 2018
Jehovah means “I Will Become What I Choose to Become.”
Hairyrapunzel:

YHWH pronunciation. OK what does Jehovah mean?
Now, what does Yahweh mean?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 21, 2018
You are derailing from the topic at hand. Let us take it one by one. I am not in the habit of jumping around. What does Yahweh mean? I have answered your question already.
Hairyrapunzel:

Why do you guys say that only true Christians use the name jehovah? Where in the Bible did they say that's a criteria to be considered a true Christian by God?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 21, 2018
You never expected this question or...? Well, I will let you guys drag your feet on my question. Do your research properly and revert. I suppose it is almost 10 pm. You may also sleep on it.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 21, 2018
removetheturban:
Yes, because Bible translations before the KJV had the name. The KJB was not the first to use Jehovah.
point to the translation before 12th century dat used d word jehova.

Tell me when Yahweh was coined? I wasn't following for the record. I just logged on and saw stuff. Well, we use the Bible to call to order. We do not force stuff into people's throat. Many here have pushed me to some limit. I end the conversation rather than take it to that limit. I tried it once and discovered that it was futile. I prefer a calm and composed conversation with a pinch of humour.
Yahweh is God.. If u deny d word Yahweh, den u deny Ur jehova because jehova was gotten from yehowah wch was also gotten by combining two names of the Jewish God.. Yahweh and Adonai.. U can use Google to find out and come tell me ur findings if its contrary to what i just said
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 21, 2018
removetheturban:
You are derailing from the topic at hand. Let us take it one by one. I am not in the habit of jumping around. What does Yahweh mean? I have answered your question already.
wat does God mean?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
removetheturban:
You never expected this question or...? Well, I will let you guys drag your feet on my question. Do your research properly and revert. I suppose it is almost 10 pm. You may also sleep on it.
wat questions are u rejoicing over? Yahweh is God.. God is Yahweh. Jehovah is a combination of two name of God
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:16am On Apr 22, 2018
What is the meaning of Yahweh? I have asked you 3 times already. You have been negating Jehovah for too long to explain the alternative, Yahweh to me. When you criticize a thing you should be ready to defend the one that you purport.

Salvation101 kindly, please, tell me the meaning of Yahweh? If Yahweh means God, can it also be the Allah that the Muslims worship? Every Hebrew name signified something.

Jehovah gave us one name alone. He told Moses that he did not reveal his name to Abraham. Moses inquired of the name because he knows the value. Do not tell me that is it one of the names of God. That is heretical to say. Jehovah himself said in Exodus 3:15 Then God said once more to Moses:

“This is what you are to say to the Israelites, ‘Jehovah the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham,+ the God of Isaac,+ and the God of Jacob,+ has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever,+ and this is how I am to be remembered from generation to generation.

He said THIS IS and not THESE ARE

He wants to be remembered by his name and not by titles. There is nothing like one of the names of God. No one taught that in the Bible. Jesus never taught that. John 17:6 Jesus said that he had made Jehovah's NAME known. Not nameS but NAME.

Do not make Jehovah and Jesus liars. You are committing a sin.
salvation101:
wat questions are u rejoicing over? Yahweh is God.. God is Yahweh. Jehovah is a combination of two name of God
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:21am On Apr 22, 2018
You have not been able to answer a question that I have asked you 3 times already and you keep on asking me questions while negating Jehovah. JW will keep sharing the word of God with you. I am sure that the things that you learn from us are world-class. You cannot get these details from the elites out there.

I will answer you. Nevertheless, reply me with the answer to my question so we can move forward.
God is anything that is worshipped can be termed a god, inasmuch as the worshiper attributes to it might greater than his own and venerates it. A person can even let his belly be a god. (Romans 16:18; Philippians 3:18, 19) The Bible makes mention of many gods (Psalms 86:8; 1Corinthians 8:5, 6), but it shows that the gods of the nations are valueless gods.Psalms 96:5
salvation101:
wat does God mean?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:24am On Apr 22, 2018
salvation101:
av come to terms already with d fact dat u are not who u pretend to be
Thanks for coming out of your slumbering thoughtfulness,sincerely speaking there's nothing wrong when fumbled and quickly correct yourself.Please next time don't ask such question again because it brings a shame on Christianity,God bless you!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 22, 2018
Your reliance on Google is outstanding. Can you share the website of your Church? I will like to do some research on it.

Can you show me a text or a cuneiform that has the spelling Yahweh in exchange?

The JW do not have an issue with Yahweh but we deem Jehovah more accurate for us to use the name.

Answer my question and we will proceed. What is the meaning of Yahweh?
salvation101:

Yahweh is God.. If u deny d word Yahweh, den u deny Ur jehova because jehova was gotten from yehowah wch was also gotten by combining two names of the Jewish God.. Yahweh and Adonai.. U can use Google to find out and come tell me ur findings if its contrary to what i just said
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 22, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Once you are asked a question that your gb has no answer to you guys become aggressive in order to cover up the lack of knowledge on that topic. She asked you a question are you a born again? A very simple question that demands a yes or no answer. Instead, you start cursing up and down.
Or are you people hiding anything?
My Bible tells me that there's time for everything. Ecclesiastes 3:7 Jesus is the best when it comes to outspokenness but He never forget a single word in the scriptures! Matthew 26:62/63,27:14 So my friend there are times you ask questions out of ignorance and times when people asks questions out of jealousy,We're Jehovah's witnesses at such times we follow our leaders example because silence is the best answer for such stupid questions! If you're not convinced with all the evident demonstrations of our faith then we're not under compulsion to respond to your envious inquisition.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 22, 2018
salvation101:

There you go again! disputing a name boldly written in your most cherished translation KJV, i don't know how to explain this but permit me to say that the name Jesus was also a transliteration of Yeshua yet all of you can keep proclaiming "Jesus" as if that's the original pronunciation from His mother's mouth! Well whether you like it or not what's evident is that Jesus made known His father's name and said it must be made known(Matthew 6:10,John 17:26) of course you can pronounce the divine name in a way easiest for you what you shouldn't forget is that the true God has a name and it's precious to HIM and HIS worshippers! Exodus 3:15

1 Like

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 22, 2018
removetheturban:
You have not been able to answer a question that I have asked you 3 times already and you keep on asking me questions while negating Jehovah. JW will keep sharing the word of God with you. I am sure that the things that you learn from us are world-class. You cannot get these details from the elites out there.

I will answer you. Nevertheless, reply me with the answer to my question so we can move forward.
God is anything that is worshipped can be termed a god, inasmuch as the worshiper attributes to it might greater than his own and venerates it. A person can even let his belly be a god. (Romans 16:18; Philippians 3:18, 19) The Bible makes mention of many gods (Psalms 86:8; 1Corinthians 8:5, 6), but it shows that the gods of the nations are valueless gods.Psalms 96:5
i already answered you. We av been tru dis before nd if i remember correctly, u chickened out of the conversation calling it derailment.. Do you still want me to send those screenshots from Wikipedia grin..
There are many gods yes but the God(at d center stage) of the Bible is YHWH(Yahweh).. Dat was y he said, you must not serve any other god besides me(10 commandment)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (86) (Reply)

TB Joshua’s Body Arrives Synagogue Church For Lying-in-state (photos) / Lady Strips Unclad In Church As Pastor Prays For Her(photos) / Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.