Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? (77848 Views)

Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
“‘You are my witnesses,’ declares Jehovah.”—ISA. 43:10.
jom28gy:
If Jehovah witnesses exist, they are witnesses of angel not of God, no one can witness for God, he does not know
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2018
removetheturban:
“‘You are my witnesses,’ declares Jehovah.”—ISA. 43:10.

You people pick up one verse from a whole chapter and use it out of context.

The passage was talking about Israelites. Rutherford had to assume the verse was referring to the cult he formed. Interesting.

The early Christians were witnesses of Jesus Christ. I am a witness of Jesus Christ.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by haywizzy007(m): 4:37pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

You people pick up one verse from a whole chapter and use it out of context.

The passage was talking about Israelites Rutherford had to assume the verse was referring to the cult he formed. Interesting.

The early Christians were witnesses of Jesus Christ. I am a witness of Jesus Christ.
Sir, why is Jesus called the faithful and true witness?? Rev. 3:14
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 4:42pm On Apr 18, 2018
Jozzy4:

I repeat the bible nowhere differentiate anything like active and literal word . It was all deebrain unscriptural invention to spread lies

The bold means what happened makes him BECAME ready for his ministry , why not accept what was spoken at that moment is Jesus ?

Isaiah 55 vs 11. So is my word that out from my mouth, It will not return empty etc etc...

Meaning, any word God speaks, COMES TO manifestation.

Hebrews 4 vs 12-God's word being quick, powerful (it means containing force, ability) and a DISCERNER (interestingly) of thought and intention. The word is described like a person rather than a speech. Speeches can't discern things.They are spoken. Its Persons, Beings that can discern. ACTIVE WORD OF GOD.

Now see this...

Exodus 32

to paraphrase, Israel, due to delay of Moses ,goes into idolatry. God is furious.

Exodus 32 vs 10-13. God SAYS (He was talking and promising to do it in His anger) He is destroying everybody and will use Moses to start all over. AND MOSES IN VERSE 13 REMINDS GOD OF A COVENANT PROMISE---WORDS SPOKEN BY GOD to Abraham about the future possession by His people!

God relents to do what He said He wanted to do,GIVEN RESPECT TO HIS covenant promise. ACTIVE WORD. He throws away a statement made in anger to REGARD AN EARLIER PROMISE.
He relented from a literal statement out of anger for an active covenant declaration.

You can talk nonsense "unscriptural invention" and all that. For every descent response, I gave detailed scripture.

Silly thing.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 4:48pm On Apr 18, 2018
haywizzy007:
Sir, why is Jesus called the faithful and true witness?? Rev. 3:14
Jesus is called the faithful and true witness because He is the faithful and true witness.
I won't assume and make speculations sir.
I know the answer you will give isn't in the Bible. It's always the normal speculations you guys make.

Ask from here to there. It doesn't change the fact that the early Christians were Jesus Christ's witnesses and the bible referred to the Israelites as witnesses of Jehovah which Rutherford later assumed was a title for the cult he was leading.

If you ask a question that the answer is also written in the Bible I will answer you. You can't bring up a question that your governing body formulated an answer to. An answer never seen or mentioned in the Bible.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by haywizzy007(m): 5:01pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Jesus is called the faithful and true witness because He is the faithful and true witness.
I won't assume and make speculations sir.
I know the answer you will give isn't in the Bible. It's always the normal speculations you guys make.

Ask from here to there. It doesn't change the fact that the early Christians were Jesus Christ's witnesses and the bible referred to the Israelites as witnesses of Jehovah which Rutherford later assumed was a title for the cult he was leading.

If you ask a question that the answer is also written in the Bible I will answer you. You can't bring up a question that your governing body formulated an answer to. An answer never seen or mentioned in the Bible.
Sir, i would appreciate it if you can answer my question in full...Jesus Christ is the faithful and true witness of who?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2018
haywizzy007:
Sir, i would appreciate it if you can answer my question in full...Jesus Christ is the faithful and true witness of who?

Did they say the person who Jesus Christ was the faithful and true witness of?

Jesus Christ witnessed about Himself, john the Baptist witnessed about Him, Jesus said the Father will witness about Him, Christians are witnesses of Jesus
What I know is that in the bible Israelites were called witnesses of Jehovah. Christians were called witnesses of Jesus.

I didn't see any mention of any person whom Jesus was the faithful and true witness of in the Bible. So I can't answer your question.

The Bible said the Amen was the faithful and true witness, and ruler of God's creation.

You can ask from here to Jericho. The Bible is clear.
Israelites were addressed as witnesses of Jehovah. Christians were called witnesses of Jesus. I am a witness of Jesus Christ. Do you have a problem with that?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by haywizzy007(m): 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Jesus Christ witnessed about Himself, john the Baptist witnessed about Him, Jesus said the Father will witness about Him, Christians are witnesses of Jesus
What I know is that in the bible Israelites were called witnesses of Jehovah. Christians were called witnesses of Jesus.

I didn't see any mention of any person whom Jesus was the faithful and true witness of in the Bible. So I can't answer your question.

The Bible said the Amen was the faithful and true witness, and ruler of God's creation.

Israelites were addressed as witnesses of Jehovah. Christians were called witnesses of Jesus. I am a witness of Jesus Christ. Do you have a problem with that?
Hairyrapunzel:

Hairyrapunzel:

Sir, you are just being economical with the truth, maybe you don't fully understand the meaning of the word 'witness'. You can't be a witness in your own case, you either bear a witness about someone or an event. When Jesus walked the earth, he bore witness about the truth found in God's word. You can't change the truths found in God's word, Jesus Christ is a Jehovah's witness.(Rev. 1:5) and we are happy to be followers of Christ, when you bear witness about the father(Jehovah), you automatically bear witness about the son. John 3:16
You mentioned in your post that the father said he would bear witness about Jesus, i will appreciate it if you can establish that using the scriptures. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:28pm On Apr 18, 2018
haywizzy007:
[b][/b] Sir, you are just being economical with the truth, maybe you don't fully understand the meaning of the word 'witness'. You can't be a witness in your own case, you either bear a witness about someone or an event. When Jesus walked the earth, he bore witness about the truth found in God's word. You can't change the truths found in God's word, Jesus Christ is a Jehovah's witness.(Rev. 1:5) and we are happy to be followers of Christ, when you bear witness about the father(Jehovah), you automatically bear witness about the son. John 3:16
You mentioned in your post that the father said he would bear witness about Jesus, i will appreciate it if you can establish that using the scriptures. Thank you.
Jesus witnessed about himself

John 8:18
"I am He who testifies about Myself, and the Father who sent Me testifies about Me."

John 5:36
"But the testimony which I have is greater than the testimony of John; for the works which the Father has given Me to accomplish the very works that I do testify about Me, that the Father has sent Me.

John 10:25
Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father's name, these testify of Me.

I said Jesus said the Father witnesses about Him.

Revelation 1:5

5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.

where is the name of the person Jesus Christ is witnessing about in these passages you quoted?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Octaves(m): 10:08pm On Apr 18, 2018
removetheturban:
Alternatively, what church or religion do you recommend to others?
recommending a church is not my purpose for coming here

1 Like

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by haywizzy007(m): 11:00pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Jesus witnessed about himself

John 8:18
"I am He who testifies about Myself, and the Father who sent Me testifies about Me."

John 5:36
"But the testimony which I have is greater than the testimony of John; for the works which the Father has given Me to accomplish the very works that I do testify about Me, that the Father has sent Me.

John 10:25
Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father's name, these testify of Me.

I said Jesus said the Father witnesses about Him.

Revelation 1:5

5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.

where is the name of the person Jesus Christ is witnessing about in these passages you quoted?

Sir i agree with you that Jehovah bore witness about Jesus Christ, notably during his baptism..

Buh do you also agree that Jesus did the witnessing work given to him by his father(Jehovah) according to John 5:36?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 19, 2018
What is your purpose for coming here?
Octaves:
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Octaves(m): 9:56pm On Apr 19, 2018
removetheturban:
What is your purpose for coming here?
to warn your victims
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 3:39am On Apr 20, 2018
They're all now ashamed of their failed religious bodies that has proved to be extortioners and worthless in the test of time,all their trust in Popes,fathers,pastors and other religious leaders of their choice have been shamelessly misplaced so they're now coming after an organization solidly behind their own leaders! That's why they're claiming a fabricated imaginary Jesus who shouldn't have a firmly established group.What next will they say than to kick against all manners of virtuous deeds? Well just tell them we're Jehovah's witnesses and see how they're pained to the marrow because they can't just mention any reputable religion that match our organization. My brothers and sisters let's continue singing Jehovah's praise with courage because HIS words have come true! Isaiah 54:17,
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 3:49am On Apr 20, 2018
Octaves:
Just imagine that,this one can't RECOMMEND his religion yet he's claiming he worships God acceptably! Where? How? Who are co~worshipers of your God? He can't answer! So he shamelessly came on social media to condemn all other religions just because his own has failed him! Well everybody will walk in the name of their God but as for US we'll walk in the name of Jehovah our God forever! Micah 4:5 Shameless worshippers of "dead gods" without visible groups, Isaiah rightly prophesied of you people.Isaiah 65:13/14 We know there is an ongoing famine for hearing the word of the true God(Amos 8:11) that's why you can't recommend any religious group that's feeding her members the unadulterated spiritual food but we're zealously recommending our own group publicly with full confidence, We are Jehovah's witnesses!

2 Likes

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 5:40am On Apr 20, 2018
Riofidelio:
They're all now ashamed of their failed religious bodies that has proved to be extortioners and worthless in the test of time,all their trust in Popes,fathers,pastors and other religious leaders of their choice have been shamelessly misplaced so they're now coming after an organization solidly behind their own leaders! That's why they're claiming a fabricated imaginary Jesus who shouldn't have a firmly established group.What next will they say than to kick against all manners of virtuous deeds? Well just tell them we're Jehovah's witnesses and see how they're pained to the marrow because they can't just mention any reputable religion that match our organization. My brothers and sisters let's continue singing Jehovah's praise with courage because HIS words have come true! Isaiah 54:17,
u dat is a so called jw dat claim Jesus came to ur meeting and chose u, u could even control ur temper as on this very thread u used curse words on me. If dat is wat being a jw entails, den i rather b a pagan or idolater than be a jw
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:35am On Apr 20, 2018
salvation101:
u dat is a so called jw dat claim Jesus came to ur meeting and chose u, u could even control ur temper as on this very thread u used curse words on me. If dat is wat being a jw entails, den i rather b a pagan or idolater than be a jw
You're free to quote the curses for everyone to see,please let people see how one of Jehovah's witnesses cursed you. Mr temper control! All i could remember is someone who claims to have the Holy Spirit to discern if another person is lying against God and at the same time asking the LIAR if he's a BORN AGAIN Christian! To me such a person is certainly a "confused dullard" "Oponu Olodo" The word Born Again appeared once in the Bible Sir/Ma and Jesus was telling Nicodemus who came to acknowledge the truth at night to become courageous enough to do so publicly during day time. So if someone is hiding the truth or lyingly saying things against the scriptures even the worstest living fool should know that such a person can never be a "Born again" not to talk of adding Christian to it.Mr/Mrs salvation101 We're Jehovah's witnesses please Jehovah and Jesus don't want cowards or dullards in the midst of those practicing pure worship!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 20, 2018
Riofidelio:
You're free to quote the curses for everyone to see,please let people see how one of Jehovah's witnesses cursed you. Mr temper control! All i could remember is someone who claims to have the Holy Spirit to discern if another person is lying against God and at the same time asking the LIAR if he's a BORN AGAIN Christian! To me such a person is certainly a "confused dullard" "Oponu Olodo" The word Born Again appeared once in the Bible Sir/Ma and Jesus was telling Nicodemus who came to acknowledge the truth at night to become courageous enough to do so publicly during day time. So if someone is hiding the truth or lyingly saying things against the scriptures even the worstest living fool should know that such a person can never be a "Born again" not to talk of adding Christian to it!
because you av quickly gone to edit it abi? U were ashamed of the fact you called me oponu olodo but i have a screenshot of the actual statement wch i quoted. Or u are going to deny it?

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 20, 2018
salvation101:
because you av quickly gone to edit it abi? U were ashamed of the fact you called me oponu olodo but i have a screenshot of the actual statement wch i quoted. Or u are going to deny it?
Great! Publish it for everyone to see! Jesus called them fools if they're saying things that even a little kid will hear and burst into laughter! Matthew 23:17
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 20, 2018
Riofidelio:
Great! Publish it for everyone to see! Jesus called them fools if they're saying things that even a little kid will hear and burst into laughter! Matthew 23:17
ok. It has moved from denying to defending. I would assume Matt 5:22 is missing in Jw Bible. Calling people fools is now a doctrine in ur cycle i can guess
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 20, 2018
salvation101:
Show the world! That a follower of Jesus called a fool "fool" Matthew 23:17 It's appropriate Sir/Ma when you're claiming to be worshipping a wise God but talking like a fool!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 20, 2018
Riofidelio:
Show the world! That a follower of Jesus called a fool "fool" Matthew 23:17 It's appropriate Sir/Ma when you're claiming to be worshipping a wise God but talking like a fool!
no wonder one of ur fellow jw shared ur previous post. Dey must be very proud of you. You are representing
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 20, 2018
salvation101:
ok. It has moved from denying to defending. I would assume Matt 5:22 is missing in Jw Bible. Calling people fools is now a doctrine in ur cycle i can guess
What is evident is claiming to be a follower of the wisest teacher ever (Jesus) but at the same time asking foolish questions! Asking a person you confirmed is a LIAR if he's Born again! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 20, 2018
Riofidelio:
What is evident is claiming to be a follower of the wisest teacher ever (Jesus) but at the same time asking foolish questions! Asking a person you confirmed is a LIAR if he's Born again! tongue tongue tongue
u ain't different from a pagan who only has head knowledge of the Bible without experiential knowledge. If dat is wat it takes to be a jehova withness den it is obvious ur organization has nothing to offer. Just another religion

1 Like

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:03am On Apr 20, 2018
Riofidelio:
You're free to quote the curses for everyone to see,please let people see how one of Jehovah's witnesses cursed you. Mr temper control! All i could remember is someone who claims to have the Holy Spirit to discern if another person is lying against God and at the same time asking the LIAR if he's a BORN AGAIN Christian! To me such a person is certainly a "confused dullard" "Oponu Olodo" The word Born Again appeared once in the Bible Sir/Ma and Jesus was telling Nicodemus who came to acknowledge the truth at night to become courageous enough to do so publicly during day time. So if someone is hiding the truth or lyingly saying things against the scriptures even the worstest living fool should know that such a person can never be a "Born again" not to talk of adding Christian to it.Mr/Mrs salvation101 We're Jehovah's witnesses please Jehovah and Jesus don't want cowards or dullards in the midst of those practicing pure worship!

At least born again was mentioned once. I am still waiting for the passage that said God will kill us because we chose not to follow gb teaching and join the organization they head.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:17am On Apr 20, 2018
Riofidelio:

Are you Jesus? Why don't you Leave it for Jesus Christ to decide? Who made you his mouthpiece here on earth?
Kids will be kids. They can laugh at anything it's allowed. No wonder your gb has suppressed you peoples thinking ability to that of kids. That's why you know it's only kid's that will burst into laughter. You don't even know how adults will react.
See somebody calling someone oponu olodo. Rotflol
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 3:49am On Apr 21, 2018
salvation101:
u ain't different from a pagan who only has head knowledge of the Bible without experiential knowledge. If dat is wat it takes to be a jehova withness den it is obvious ur organization has nothing to offer. Just another religion
If it's "just another religion" then why are you so concerned about what's happening in our midst? "Who are Jehovah's witnesses?" is the question and you've said what you think about JWs.Please just stop commenting on this because the more you do your stupidity keeps becoming more obvious! "Asking a person you already confirmed(by the power of the Holy Spirit conferred on you)as a LIAR if he/she is Born again!" Abeg go and learn how to ask thought provoking and leading questions from a charge and bail lawyer, i'm sure he/she won't ask for money from you!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 3:56am On Apr 21, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Are you Jesus? Why don't you Leave it for Jesus Christ to decide? Who made you his mouthpiece here on earth?
Kids will be kids. They can laugh at anything it's allowed. No wonder your gb has suppressed you peoples thinking ability to that of kids. That's why you know it's only kid's that will burst into laughter. You don't even know how adults will react.
See somebody calling someone oponu olodo. Rotflol
Instead of telling your brother to stop the amusement you're still gnashing your teeth, well please if you fully understand the meaning of "Oponu Olodo" help me translate it in English for your brother. He asked a person that he himself confirmed a LIAR if he/she is "Born again"! As far as i know that sounds like a "confused dullard" to me.

1 Like

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 5:40am On Apr 21, 2018
Riofidelio:
If it's "just another religion" then why are you so concerned about what's happening in our midst? "Who are Jehovah's witnesses?" is the question and you've said what you think about JWs.Please just stop commenting on this because the more you do your stupidity keeps becoming more obvious! "Asking a person you already confirmed(by the power of the Holy Spirit conferred on you)as a LIAR if he/she is Born again!" Abeg go and learn how to ask thought provoking and leading questions from a charge and bail lawyer, i'm sure he/she won't ask for money from you!
every word u speak is full of hate..i pity you, It must be so hard being you. U r in a system dat forces you to pretend to be something u are not.. Asking me to stop commenting here is laughable, nairaland is a public forum
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 21, 2018
salvation101:
every word u speak is full of hate..i pity you, It must be so hard being you. U r in a system dat forces you to pretend to be something u are not.. Asking me to stop commenting here is laughable, nairaland is a public forum
It's a free world my friend so nobody can deny you that freedom of expression but constituting a nuisance because some good for nothing men you called pastors have brainwashed you to be arguing blindly in obstinate stupidity is what i'm advising you to stop! You can comment on another topic or better still change the subject but trying to say you're right for asking someone you yourself confirmed is a LIAR by the discernment of the Holy Spirit in you if such LIAR is Born Again is nothing but STUPIDITY!

2 Likes

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 21, 2018
salvation101:
What you should have asked is "what is the meaning of Born Again?" and allow for response from different individuals practicing different religions then you'll see clearly what most of your people termed as Born Again! Then you'll know how to identify those who belong to that class by carefully meditating on various definitions.Please i'm begging you for God's sake and for the sanctification of HIS mightiness to drop this case because it's an insult on Christianity!

2 Likes

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by xaggar(m): 10:34am On Apr 21, 2018
To them... Born again is "simply" those who come forward when an alter call is made for repentance. Usually these persons (that come forward) may be asked to do so while the eyes of others (the congregants) are requested to be shut so the Repenter don't feel ashamed.
The Repenter is then asked to repeat after me, (me is actually the pastor)... And then, the Repenter is declared born again. After that, the Repenter is told to wait after service to see the pastor.

Unless they've changed their style now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (86) (Reply)

Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed / Bolu Adubi: Pastor Adeboye’s Daughter, Her Husband & 4 Children (Photos) / Two Nigerian Pastors Use Same Woman For Same Miracle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.