Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,214 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Why I Dumped A Man Who Won’t Allow Me Pay For Anything -woman (pics) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Dumped A Man Who Won’t Allow Me Pay For Anything -woman (pics) (1518 Views)

“Your Wife Didn’t Sleep At Home Last Night” Two Men Expose Married Woman(pics) / Leo Babarinde Dasilva: How Lady Dumped A Man Who Sponsored Her For A Richer Guy / I Sympathise With A Guy Who Says He Used And Dumped A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Dumped A Man Who Won’t Allow Me Pay For Anything -woman (pics) by ijustdey: 7:42pm On Apr 12, 2018

A South African writer with the Twitter name , @ awkward _ah, took to the social media platform to reveal why she dumped her fiancé .

The writer , in a series of tweets , said she was engaged to a man who would not let her pay for anything.

The woman who has as her header photo the inscription , “ Single not desperate , ” said it might sound like a dream come true for some ladies , but it was her own worst nightmare .

She said a day would come, if she eventually gets married to him , he would tell her she owns nothing but owes him a lot .

According to her , during the course of dating, he was already hinting at her quitting her job and taking care of his own books.

She wrote, “I was engaged to a man who ’ d never let me pay for anything . Like it got him mad when I bought things . I left him because that may sound like a dream come true for some , but it ’ s a nightmare . It’ s not generosity , it is control .

“ He started hinting that I worked too hard. I should quit and take care of his books .

When I asked what my salary would be, he laughed . Said I don’ t need a salary when there’ s ‘ our money ’ . No , brother… could never be me

“ He bought me a new phone and sim card . It would be best if we were on the same network for free minutes , he said . I saw that he just didn’ t want others to have my number and also he would have access to my itemised bill.

“ For some reasons , this man thought that by putting a ring on my finger he could now shape me into a mould of his own design . I saw through it all. I’ m really thankful that I did or who knows how my life would be today .

“ Every time I ’ d say no, he ’ d buy me things. I don’ t want to grow my hair, he got expensive flat irons . I don’ t like heels , he showed up with an Aldo box. . . It never stopped.

“ Then he would hint that we should go to Mac. He knows a lady who can sort me out. He ’ d like me to wear makeup all the time .

You know , the business was picking up and we had to appear a certain way. I’ m a jeans and T kinda girl . He met me as such . ”

See her tweets below :

http://punchng.com/why-i-dumped-a-man-who-wont-allow-me-pay-for-anything-woman/

lalasticlala

Re: Why I Dumped A Man Who Won’t Allow Me Pay For Anything -woman (pics) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 12, 2018

I Am The Man You Want...

I Will Allow You Pay For Everything...

I Will Not Just Allow You Pay For Everything, I Will Make You Pay For Everything
Re: Why I Dumped A Man Who Won’t Allow Me Pay For Anything -woman (pics) by divinehand2003(m): 7:49pm On Apr 12, 2018
If she were Nigerian, I would have had her head reexamined.

For I know my Nigerian babes, they fast and hope and pray for such father - christmas type of men to come their way.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dumped A Man Who Won’t Allow Me Pay For Anything -woman (pics) by thesicilian: 7:55pm On Apr 12, 2018
She's an intelligent woman. The easiest way to rope yourself into slavery is to be financially dependent on someone. At first it may seem romantic, but later you'll get to know that there's no free food in Freetown.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Dumped A Man Who Won’t Allow Me Pay For Anything -woman (pics) by tolulashman(m): 8:01pm On Apr 12, 2018
The way she put her explanation makes some sense.

Like I could see some sense in what she said.
Re: Why I Dumped A Man Who Won’t Allow Me Pay For Anything -woman (pics) by Macnnoli4(m): 8:04pm On Apr 12, 2018
She no want post-marriage wahala. Too much of everything is bad especially since she is an independent woman
Re: Why I Dumped A Man Who Won’t Allow Me Pay For Anything -woman (pics) by sirgalahad26(m): 8:40pm On Apr 12, 2018
i just hope my nigerian ladies will pick one or two morals from her!
Re: Why I Dumped A Man Who Won’t Allow Me Pay For Anything -woman (pics) by Fourwinds: 8:41pm On Apr 12, 2018
I would have been shocked if it was a Nigerian girl....

a very intelligent girl...
Re: Why I Dumped A Man Who Won’t Allow Me Pay For Anything -woman (pics) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 12, 2018
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Girl wey no like money??

Na for Greek mythology that one dey

☣ ☠
Re: Why I Dumped A Man Who Won’t Allow Me Pay For Anything -woman (pics) by satelliteDISH(m): 9:52pm On Apr 12, 2018
A cheap girl is not the girl that accepts your proposal the first day.
WHO IS A CHEAP GIRL?
2. A cheap gal is any gal who is already having sex with a common boyfriend and she does not know where the relationship is heading to, she does not know where the guy comes from, no marriage plans, no wedding hope but she is having sex with the guy because of the money she is getting from him.
5. A cheap gal is any gal who dresses half naked in the name of fashion, exposing her boobs and other erotic parts of her body in the street or post such pictures on Facebook or Whatsapp and receives 500 likes and 100 comments that you're "beautiful" and you say "thank you".
6. A cheap gal is any gal who has an affair with a married man even after knowing it, having sex with him, abort pregnancy, receives money, cause havoc in the man's marriage in order for her to be married.
Re: Why I Dumped A Man Who Won’t Allow Me Pay For Anything -woman (pics) by wayne4loan: 11:30pm On Apr 12, 2018
shocked

1 Like

Re: Why I Dumped A Man Who Won’t Allow Me Pay For Anything -woman (pics) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 12, 2018
To the mod who blocked my thread on romance land and has prevented me from creating a new thread

You are high on Ugandan weed
Re: Why I Dumped A Man Who Won’t Allow Me Pay For Anything -woman (pics) by MVLOX(m): 4:55am On Apr 13, 2018
Nice one madam..... We nid more ladies like you.
Re: Why I Dumped A Man Who Won’t Allow Me Pay For Anything -woman (pics) by Nobody: 5:05am On Apr 13, 2018
Men trying to please women like;

(1) (Reply)

Did His Dick Rise?:People Who Don't Condemn Male Rape Are Crazy / 6 Terrible Things Men Should Never Do During Sex / Introverts, Share Your Wooing Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.