Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,353 members, 7,846,528 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God (50804 Views)

Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel / Ten Reasons Why Allah Is Not God AND Why YHWH is GOD / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 05, 2010

Baruch haba b'shem Adonai. . .
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by aletheia(m): 4:52pm On Sep 05, 2010
nopuqeater:

@Aletheia; Just to go back to the math in the Quran the got you wired up, read up on Einstein theory of relativity. then on fiber optic which made it possible to bend light ray travel by affecting its spatial wavelength.
[. . .]
these two support 9/8 being a relatively complte whole number for its own need. whereas 8/8 is a different whole number of its own sets of values and conditions. its like when a man build a house of 10,000 sq feet living space. then he added 5000 sq feet 2 years later. is the new house of 15000 sq feet not its own new 100% of a house, while the former 10000 was his own,when it was just that? each building, in its own time and sets of time, space, etc, is a whole unit, 100%. Just see how superior the Quran is. einstein said almost the samething few verses said. he is a world renown. muhammad (AS) wo is Lord gave this to 1400 plus years ago, you insuted him. shame on you, aletheia.
^^This post is rubbish and you know it. Stop insulting Einstein: you understand nothing of the General and Special Theories of Relativity. See how you still struggle to justify 9/8 = 1 (Is it because you know the qur'an made a huge mistake there; and you are desperately trying to pass it off as some form of arcane and esoteric maths).
Allah couldn't count! Simple. Is it Einstein's theory of relativity that you invoke when sharing an estate or inheritance or a piece of land? Or the refractive properties of light? I guess that was the explanation your Imam gave you for how 9/8 can = 1?
FYI fiber optic cables do not bend light by altering it's spatial wavelength, rather they make use of the refractive properties of glass and the principle of total internal reflection (light still travels in straight lines in the fiber optic cable).

howstuffworks.com:
How Does an Optical Fiber Transmit Light?
Suppose you want to shine a flashlight beam down a long, straight hallway. Just point the beam straight down the hallway -- light travels in straight lines, so it is no problem. What if the hallway has a bend in it? You could place a mirror at the bend to reflect the light beam around the corner. What if the hallway is very winding with multiple bends? You might line the walls with mirrors and angle the beam so that it bounces from side-to-side all along the hallway. This is exactly what happens in an optical fiber.

The light in a fiber-optic cable travels through the core (hallway) by constantly bouncing from the cladding (mirror-lined walls), a principle called total internal reflection. Because the cladding does not absorb any light from the core, the light wave can travel great distances.

Whether 10,000 sq feet or 15,000 sq feet, it is still a single estate and cannot be divided into portions that are greater than the total when summed.
Let me break it down in mundane terms for you.
I have three daughters. I promise them that after baking one cake; I will give them two-thirds (2/3), one-third (1/3), and one-eighth (1/cool respectively as their portions. After baking the cake; I divide it into three equal parts; I give the first girl, two out of three (2/3) parts, I give the second, the remaining portion (1/3); Oops run out of cake - none left to give the third girl the one-eighth (1/cool share I promised her.

See the foolishness inherent in the qur'an revealed for all to see.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by nuclearboy(m): 6:08pm On Sep 05, 2010
For clarity, whist some posters here obviously have as scholarship, graduation from ile-kewu where they learnt to recite arabic (not understand it), some of us went to conventional schools.

We know that "western education is bad" according to some religions and based on what we've seen them do because they hated western education, but please do NOT argue with adherents of western education when you are bereft of it.

Your people would have beheaded Einstein rather than listen to him.

And your arguments here are an insult to reason. It is idiotic to try to use refraction or relativity to add fractions - Einstein had NOT developed the theories yet when you were given that 2/3 + 1/3 + 1/8 = 1. No human being uses quantum mechanics, strength of materials or relativity to divide inheritances. You are wasting your time arguing against educated people when you are illiterate just to make a lie true. Its impossible.

Please do what we know you for - swing off on another tangent pretending this never happened. But this has been settled and the score is obvious 1 - 0 plus of course - Jesus is Lord
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by nopuqeater: 10:08pm On Sep 05, 2010
@Aetheia: « #513 on: Today at 04:52:41 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: nopuqeater on Today at 03:39:32 AM
@Aletheia; Just to go back to the math in the Quran the got you wired up, read up on Einstein theory of relativity. then on fiber optic which made it possible to bend light ray travel by affecting its spatial wavelength.
[. . .] these two support 9/8 being a relatively complte whole number for its own need. whereas 8/8 is a different whole number of its own sets of values and conditions. its like when a man build a house of 10,000 sq feet living space. then he added 5000 sq feet 2 years later. is the new house of 15000 sq feet not its own new 100% of a house, while the former 10000 was his own,when it was just that? each building, in its own time and sets of time, space, etc, is a whole unit, 100%. Just see how superior the Quran is. einstein said almost the samething few verses said. he is a world renown. muhammad (AS) wo is Lord gave this to 1400 plus years ago, you insuted him. shame on you, aletheia.
^^This post is rubbish and you know it. Stop insulting Einstein: you understand nothing of the General and Special Theories of Relativity. See how you still struggle to justify 9/8 = 1 (Is it because you know the qur'an made a huge mistake there; and you are desperately trying to pass it off as some form of arcane and esoteric maths).[/Quote]I know you cant think outside the box. Einstein is nobody. He postulated and everyone lapped it up. Just the same way the natural selection hypothesis of Darwin is eaten up by those who believe God does not exist.

Here is your problem: 1+1 you said must alway be equal to 2, always.
My brothers have educated you and I dont know how else to deal with your ignorance except to hold you down, in a stray jacket, something you are familar with, a pleasure for your bent mind, then do square root them, or square them up, or triple them or multiply them by almost any mumber, you will see that your linear thinking is shamed. How about when my brother said to you 3+4+5 and you got crazy as if the world is ending just that minute, and are not even going to wait for your illusion, "The Rapture". Well he squared them up and their squares are exactly a perfect solution. If you cant see beyond the forest I will take you as I took the thug on the board.

What einstein is eating your soul alive for (he was a jew and according from your mouth, salvation is of the Jews), is already in Quran from Allah given to the unlettered (AS). If I buld a house to shelter my family before my wife begins having babies, is my house not 100% dwelling? When she begins to have babies and our inlaws move in to assist, we now have a need for a larger house. If I then increase the house by about 75%, when the new house is complete, dont I have a new 100% of the shelter that I need, today because of all the people that are now residing in it?

Is theory of relativity not that simple? Lionize einstein, and insult your Creator. See which of the two jesus of the Bible will say is his master in the Day of Judgement.

[Quote]Allah couldn't count! Simple. Is it Einstein's theory of relativity that you invoke when sharing an estate or inheritance or a piece of land?[/Quote]Jesus, a Jew must be better than Einstein. If I never invoke Jesus son of Mary, because he is a slave why would I invoke Einstein that is less than Jesus? Dont you have a imit to your stupidity?

[Quote]Or the refractive properties of light? I guess that was the explanation your Imam gave you for how 9/8 can = 1?[/Quote]People who have better sense than you know that every thing is a whole number by itself, when you isolate it from everything and deals with it on its own. 9/8 is a whole number on its own. So is 8/9, a whole value (number) on its own. O ma seee o.

[Quote]FYI fiber optic cables do not bend light by altering it's spatial wavelength, rather they make use of the refractive properties of glass and the principle of total internal reflection (light still travels in straight lines in the fiber optic cable).[/Quote]Your incomplete education is a mess. If i shine a light at a distance on a target, if I continue to keep the light on my target and walk slowly towards it, until i almost made contact with it, what will change in this process except intensity of the light on the target? No one says light wave length is bent. a circle is made up of tiny straight lines; dots.

[Quote][Quote]Quote from: howstuffworks.com
How Does an Optical Fiber Transmit Light?
Suppose you want to shine a flashlight beam down a long, straight hallway. Just point the beam straight down the hallway -- light travels in straight lines, so it is no problem. What if the hallway has a bend in it? You could place a mirror at the bend to reflect the light beam around the corner. What if the hallway is very winding with multiple bends? You might line the walls with mirrors and angle the beam so that it bounces from side-to-side all along the hallway. This is exactly what happens in an optical fiber.

The light in a fiber-optic cable travels through the core (hallway) by constantly bouncing from the cladding (mirror-lined walls), a principle called total internal reflection. Because the cladding does not absorb any light from the core, the light wave can travel great distances.[/Quote]You need to read these below, because arguing with you on many subject matters is like tell a wall to step aside. It will not, unless a miracle occurs.

Fiber-optic communication
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amplifiers
Main article: Optical amplifier

The transmission distance of a fiber-optic communication system has traditionally been limited by fiber attenuation and by fiber distortion. By using opto-electronic repeaters, these problems have been eliminated. These repeaters convert the signal into an electrical signal, and then use a transmitter to send the signal again at a higher intensity than it was before. Because of the high complexity with modern wavelength-division multiplexed signals (including the fact that they had to be installed about once every 20 km), the cost of these repeaters is very high.

An alternative approach is to use an optical amplifier, which amplifies the optical signal directly without having to convert the signal into the electrical domain. It is made by doping a length of fiber with the rare-earth mineral erbium, and pumping it with light from a laser with a shorter wavelength than the communications signal (typically 980 nm). Amplifiers have largely replaced repeaters in new installations.

ieeexplore.ieee.org/iel5/5197900/5224262/05224506.pdf?arnumber,

Bend-resistant, single-stage, S-band erbium-doped photonic crystal fiber amplifiers

Varshney, S.K.  Saitoh, K.  Koshiba, M.
Dept. of Electron. & Electr. Commun. Eng., Indian Inst. of Technol., Kharagpur, India

This paper appears in: Lasers and Electro-Optics, 2009 and 2009 Conference on Quantum electronics and Laser Science Conference. CLEO/QELS 2009. Conference on
Issue Date: 2-4 June 2009
On page(s): 1 - 2
Print ISBN: 978-1-55752-869-8
INSPEC Accession Number: 10859061
Date of Current Version: 28 August 2009

Abstract
We present design guidelines to achieve ~ 50-dB of gain with an average gain value of 26-dB over 70-nm bandwidth in a 7.2-m long erbium-doped depressed-cladding photonic crystal fiber amplifier showing bend-resistant functionality.

pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ac9600262

Technical Note
Characterization of an Erbium-Doped Fiber Amplifier as a Light Source and Development of a Near-Infrared Spectrophotometer Based on the EDFA and an Acoustooptic Tunable Filter

Chieu D. Tran* and Guan-Hong Gao
Department of Chemistry, Marquette University, P.O. Box 1881, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201
Anal. Chem., 1996, 68 (13), pp 2264–2269
DOI: 10.1021/ac9600262
Publication Date (Web): July 1, 1996
Copyright © 1996 American Chemical Society

Abstract

A novel light source for the near-infrared region which has the highest intensity and widest spectral bandwidth of all near-IR light sources has been developed. The system is based on a single-mode fiber (about 18 m long) doped with Er3+ ion. The doped ion produces amplified spontaneous emission (ASE) in the near-IR region (from 1500 to 1600 nm) when it is excited by a diode laser at 980 nm. Because the diode laser is fusion-spliced directly to the doped fiber, the system is compact, all-solid-state, reliable, and stable and requires little maintenance.

[Quote]Whether 10,000 sq feet or 15,000 sq feet, it is still a single estate and cannot be divided into portions that are greater than the total when summed.
Let me break it down in mundane terms for you.
I have three daughters. I promise them that after baking one cake; I will give them two-thirds (2/3), one-third (1/3), and one-eighth (1/cool respectively as their portions. After baking the cake; I divide it into three equal parts; I give the first girl, two out of three (2/3) parts, I give the second, the remaining portion (1/3); Oops run out of cake - none left to give the third girl the one-eighth (1/cool share I promised her.[/Quote]If you are baker you will know how to make the cake fit for the three of them. The first thing is that you should go to a baker who will measure for them 2/3 as a number. 1/3, half of 2/3 as a number of its own, and 1/8 which is 3/24, 2/3 is 16/24 as a number of its own. A smart baker would know that he needs to make 3 circular cake doughs, one attached to the other in the proportions of 3/24, 8/24 and 16/24. Put them in the over as unit. bake them and separate them when done, giving each daughter what her portion is. I doubt if you think at all.

[Quote]See the foolishness inherent in the qur'an revealed for all to see.[/Quote]If a muslim makes a mistake, Islam and all muslims, starting from the prophet (AS) are blamed. If a muslim excel, he or she must have been a good person, based on family value, or some other reason[s]. islam has nothing to do with his/her success. This is how the disbelievers see life,

But the disbelievers, when they succeed, their religion contributes to it, though there is no proof to it. (Why Quran encourages reading, the Bible says nothing about any education, what so ever). If the disbeliever makes mistake, his/her religion frowns against it, yet there is no clear law that they can point to to support their claim.

You see deceit of mankind.[/quote]
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by aletheia(m): 1:51am On Sep 06, 2010
^^^Keep cutting and pasting without understanding what you are pasting here: (after all; isn't that your approach to the qur'an: only recite, don't make any attempt to understand what is written).
You uttered an untruth:
nopuqeater:

[. . .]then on fiber optic which made it possible to bend light ray travel by affecting its spatial wavelength.

Evidence was presented to you clearly showing that fiber optic cables do not change the spatial wavelength of the transmitted light. Instead of you to let that slide; you dig yourself further into the hole by introducing another thing entirely: optical amplification by use of rare-earth elements that form the basis of lasers. Laser is just the acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation
It is obvious you did not understand these words you lifted from wikipedia:
The transmission distance of a fiber-optic communication system has traditionally been limited by fiber attenuation and by fiber distortion.
Neither did you understand the abstract you posted which describes diode lasers:
nopuqeater:

A novel light source for the near-infrared region which has the highest intensity and widest spectral bandwidth of all near-IR light sources has been developed. The system is based on a single-mode fiber (about 18 m long) doped with Er3+ ion. The doped ion produces amplified spontaneous emission (ASE) in the near-IR region (from 1500 to 1600 nm) when it is excited by a diode laser at 980 nm. Because the diode laser is fusion-spliced directly to the doped fiber, the system is compact, all-solid-state, reliable, and stable and requires little maintenance.
^^What you posted simply describes 2 alternative mechanisms that tackle the signal attenuation that occurs in fiber optic cables---either by opto-electronic repeaters or optical amplification using diode lasers.

With each passing post, your efforts at making it seem that aletheia doesn't know that 1 naira plus 1 naira equals 2 naira becomes more and more frantic. What could be the reasons for that?

#1. The qur'an in Sura 4:11-12,176 sets forth guidelines concerning the sharing of property (not Einsteinian physics, or the properties of fiber optic cables)
#2. It was pointed out that this guidelines make rubbish of the simple law of arithmetic addition when it is considered that according to this guidelines: for a man who dies and leaves behind three daughters, his two parents and his wife; the sharing formula according to the qur'an will be 2/3 + 1/3 + 1/8.
#3. The problem with this qur'anic sharing formula is that the fractions are greater than the whole. Supposing in the example above the man leaves an estate worth $36,000: then according to the Allah's sharing formula in the qur'an; the estate will be shared as follows: 2/3 ($24,000) + 1/3 ($12,000) + 1/8 ($4,500). The problem is that $24,000+$12,000+$4,500 = $40,500 [size=14pt]but the man left behind $36,000![/size] You cannot divide a whole (either an estate or a cake) into constituent parts or fractions that are greater than the whole.
#4. The implications of this obvious mistake is that it clearly shows that Allah authored an imperfect book since he couldn't get his sums right.
#5. This implication is what has had nopuqeater scrambling over backwards, introducing all sorts of red herrings and insults to cover up the truth.
#6. People will note that nopuqeater has not allowed the qur'anic verses to speak for themselves but has ranged far afield from Al-Khwarizmi to Einstein and fiber optics over a simple matter of the sharing of inheritance. Have you heard of Occam's Razor?

Your hypocrisy is noted. The same you that introduced Einstein into our conversation:
nopuqeater:

[. . .] read up on Einstein theory of relativity. . .einstein said almost the samething few verses said. he is a world renown.
turns round to write this:
nopuqeater:

[. . .] Einstein is nobody. He postulated and everyone lapped it up. Just the same way the natural selection hypothesis of Darwin is eaten up by those who believe God does not exist.

What einstein is eating your soul alive for (he was a jew and according from your mouth, salvation is of the Jews), is already in Quran from Allah given to the unlettered (AS).
Jesus, a Jew must be better than Einstein. If I never invoke Jesus son of Mary, because he is a slave why would I invoke Einstein that is less than Jesus? Dont you have a imit to your stupidity?
^But you did invoke Einstein.

I bear witness and testify that Jesus is Lord and "neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by nopuqeater: 6:43am On Sep 06, 2010
@imhotep: your posted painting of a bearded man, though you hate beard, especially the type that the muslims keep, similar to what is on the face of the similarly crooked mouth like slyvester stallone (look at the painting and search for the lips of latin blooded stallone; you are a special man imhotep, in a class by himself), show that you are a complete idolater.

even you god's lips are crooked. this is truly a god that you worship with God. your god cant even steer the painter to make a good image of him. some God he was.

and yet the command is there; thou shall not make a graven image. and now we have painting and the carved out man on a cross to tell us that you are a classic case of idol worshiper.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 06, 2010
nopuqeater:

@imhotep: your posted painting of a bearded man, though you hate beard, especially the type that the muslims keep, similar to what is on the face of the similarly crooked mouth like slyvester stallone (look at the painting and search for the lips of latin blooded stallone; you are a special man imhotep, in a class by himself), show that you are a complete idolater.

even you god's lips are crooked. this is truly a god that you worship with God. your god cant even steer the painter to make a good image of him. some God he was.

and yet the command is there; thou shall not make a graven image. and now we have painting and the carved out man on a cross to tell us that you are a classic case of idol worshiper.
Fanaticism can be defined as an overcompensation for doubt . . .
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by nopuqeater: 8:11am On Sep 06, 2010
@Aletheia: « #516 on: Today at 01:51:35 AM »
[Quote]^^^Keep cutting and pasting without understanding what you are pasting here: (after all; isn't that your approach to the qur'an: only recite, don't make any attempt to understand what is written).[/Quote]How many University level Physics, Electrical engineering classes did you have? That is where you must begin. I gave you what is current material process of optic fiber. you present material process of when it started out. do you think there are no effort to improve a process, making it more efficient, cheaper? In the 70s computer used punch cards and the reader was a whole big room in the Universities. today the same thing that used to be a whole big room is now a small chip device in the laptop. cant you ever think forward?

[Quote]You uttered an untruth:
Quote from: nopuqeater on Yesterday at 03:39:32 AM
[. . .]then on fiber optic which made it possible to bend light ray travel by affecting its spatial wavelength.[/Quote]this means that the mirror (the only concept you understand is mirror concept), is like a dot taking in light and bouncing it to the net mirror which is a dot(how ever so close they may be to each other), and this is a chain like process from one end to the other. is the core as thick as you imagined, based on the diagram? no. It is very thin, being illustrated a lead pencil thinness. even thinner. have you seen the process of making lead pencil? at the end it is extruded in a mole, first crystals are soft because of moisture, at the end hardened. again, what makes a glass mirror, except that it is coated with a coat that its property is to absorb light and reflect it back out. the thinner the glass and the purer the coating, the better the reflection. nothing i have said makes your idea okay and my not. i gave you 3 websites of people in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, you refused to go there. go and educate your self first. you never take a single real Electrical Engineering course in your life. Biological scientist are not required, just like engineers are not required to take any botany or zoology.

and if defending Jesus not being God leads you to this, then welcome to the world of Imhotep and the image above is that of your idol. see how crooked his lips are? he could have been slyester stallone walking the street of Malibu shouting, yoo, adrienne is rocky. talia shire will be happy.

[Quote]Evidence was presented to you clearly showing that fiber optic cables do not change the spatial wavelength of the transmitted light. Instead of you to let that slide; you dig yourself further into the hole by introducing another thing entirely: optical amplification by use of rare-earth elements that form the basis of lasers. Laser is just the acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation
It is obvious you did not understand these words you lifted from wikipedia:
The transmission distance of a fiber-optic communication system has traditionally been limited by fiber attenuation and by fiber distortion.
Neither did you understand the abstract you posted which describes diode lasers:
Quote from: nopuqeater on Yesterday at 10:08:56 PM
^^What you posted simply describes 2 alternative mechanisms that tackle the signal attenuation that occurs in fiber optic cables---either by opto-electronic repeaters or optical amplification using diode lasers.

With each passing post, your efforts at making it seem that aletheia doesn't know that 1 naira plus 1 naira equals 2 naira becomes more and more frantic. What could be the reasons for that?[/Quote]You see that your slight of hand is a quality that you inherit from those who wish to force us to accept man as God. I gave you a website that spoke about optic fiber, concentration on the amplification, meaning increasing the transmission better than what was available before, you ignore the heading, and the content, did not go to the material and at lead read it so that you may have a sensible argument, you think you can fool the masses by going on with just "optical amplification' as if it is not talking about the process of refinement of the Optical fiber system. below is how the material begins;

Fiber-optic communication is a method of transmitting information from one place to another by sending pulses of light through an optical fiber. The light forms an electromagnetic carrier wave that is modulated to carry information. First developed in the 1970s, fiber-optic communication systems have revolutionized the telecommunications industry and have played a major role in the advent of the Information Age. Because of its advantages over electrical transmission, optical fibers have largely replaced copper wire communications in core networks in the developed world,

now go to the website and read on, and see that 1970 process is not 2000 and beyond only process.

[Quote]#1. The qur'an in Sura 4:11-12,176 sets forth guidelines concerning the sharing of property (not Einsteinian physics, or the properties of fiber optic cables)
#2. It was pointed out that this guidelines make rubbish of the simple law of arithmetic addition when it is considered that according to this guidelines: for a man who dies and leaves behind three daughters, his two parents and his wife; the sharing formula according to the qur'an will be 2/3 + 1/3 + 1/8.[/Quote]Except that you do not know arithmetic. If I start out with a whole value. I will always end up with the maximum, the same value. That is common sense, though that common sense is not common. Every thinking person will say a valued number is what 100% is. In class quizzes, or tests, marks are based on curves, sometimes depending on the outcome of the grades of the students. Those professors who curve out the final grades, are the rubbishing education?

each of them applied exactly the process of the 3 daughters, and any and all combinations of division of inheritance from the "Almighty FORMULA" you find in the Quran. if not mere 9/8, if it is 13/9, each in its own place, and benefiary of the inheritance is 100%. 150% is the new 100%. 123% is the new 100%. 1.7% is the new 100%. each new 100% is unique, and is not in relationship with any 100%, new or the only one you know X/X! For an educated man, you do not think clearly.

[Quote]#3. The problem with this qur'anic sharing formula is that the fractions are greater than the whole. Supposing in the example above the man leaves an estate worth $36,000: then according to the Allah's sharing formula in the qur'an; the estate will be shared as follows: 2/3 ($24,000) + 1/3 ($12,000) + 1/8 ($4,500). The problem is that $24,000+$12,000+$4,500 = $40,500 but the man left behind $36,000! You cannot divide a whole (either an estate or a cake) into constituent parts or fractions that are greater than the whole.[/Quote]I pity your deficient mind. If a man left 36000 instead of 40500 to satisfy his beneficiaries after his debt and legacy have been settled, good thinking which you dont have tells us that every beneficiary realized that whatever they get, X, Y and Z amounts are windfall. What if the man hadnt left anything, would the beneficiaries not continue to go on with their lives? So the division in the Quran is the ONLY one applicable, since the Bible is completely DEAD on the subject of inheritance (showing incomplete guidance), leaving it for the Another Comforter to achieve. 36000/40500=360/405. This fraction is now inserted into the exact amount that each person will get; so the one expecting to receive 24000 will get 360/405 of that amount. the one expecting to get 12000 will get half of what the one who was expecting 24000 gets by the same formulae 12000 times 360/405. the last will get 4500 times 360/405. Everyone is happy and no one is sad because they look at what they get in relative term to what the others get. It is very similar to the survival mode of the parents who have many children, prepare Fufu plates in from of each child. She dis not make one for herself. So while each child is eating, she goes to take just 2 boluses for each of them. if they are 10, she ends up have 20 boluses, a full mel for herself. The children look at mom taking from each, no child complains that he or se has been shortchanged.

[Quote]#4. The implications of this obvious mistake is that it clearly shows that Allah authored an imperfect book since he couldn't get his sums right.[/Quote]Read again. It is your deficient mind that see the impefection, making you think a jew is God. I have used what is in the Quran to challenge your thoughts. Though you fail, the others will find guidance by it. InshaAllah. Now tell me what the Bible say about inheritance?

[Quote]#5. This implication is what has had nopuqeater scrambling over backwards, introducing all sorts of red herrings and insults to cover up the truth.
#6. People will note that nopuqeater has not allowed the qur'anic verses to speak for themselves but has ranged far afield from Al-Khwarizmi to Einstein and fiber optics over a simple matter of the sharing of inheritance. Have you heard of Occam's Razor?[/Quote]Allah say in the Quran that He gave diverse example to give you argument about life so that you will be guided. Tell me how the Bible solve the inheritance case? If the Bible does not make any pronouncement, then the ONLY SOLUTION in TOWN is THE PERFECT SOLUTION.

[Quote]Your hypocrisy is noted. The same you that introduced Einstein into our conversation:
Quote from: nopuqeater on Yesterday at 03:39:32 AM
[. . .] read up on Einstein theory of relativity. . .einstein said almost the samething few verses said. he is a world renown.
turns round to write this:
Quote from: nopuqeater on Yesterday at 10:08:56 PM
[. . .] Einstein is nobody. He postulated and everyone lapped it up. Just the same way the natural selection hypothesis of Darwin is eaten up by those who believe God does not exist.[/Quote]The 2 bolds apply is the the same way that Jesus applies to you; being your God, and to me a different application; being a human messenger to his people. I continue to see how your belief has affected your mind.

[Quote]What einstein is eating your soul alive for (he was a jew and according from your mouth, salvation is of the Jews), is already in Quran from Allah given to the unlettered (AS).
Jesus, a Jew must be better than Einstein. If I never invoke Jesus son of Mary, because he is a slave why would I invoke Einstein that is less than Jesus? Dont you have a imit to your stupidity?
^But you did invoke Einstein.[/Quote]I used Einstein as an example because you had argued about him with somebody else. Einstein, I do not think about, even Jesus who is a prophet, except i give him the expected Salaam when I say Isa bin Maryam (AS). You are the hero worshiper. I am not.

[Quote]I bear witness and testify that Jesus is Lord and "neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."[/Quote]Your reward for this awaits you on That Day.

Bismillahit rRahmanir rRahim. Yaa Wadud. Yaa Qahar. Allahumma saali Ala Habbibi Mustapha, wa Ala ali Baitihi wa Ala Asaubihi Aji ma hin.
Oh Allah, it is dead of Night in the odd nights of the last 10 days of the month of Ramadhan. You are my Creator. You gve me life. You guided my heart and guard it from being astray even in this time in this place, make this effort here part of my Ibadah, and count it as a reward of Lai latul Qadr for me. If I catch the reward outside this forum, count it twice for me. And blot out all my sins. For You are The Forgiver, You Love to Forgive. No one can Forgive except You. So Forgive me, forgive all muslims, males and females. Guide the hearts of my loved ones who are not yet Muslims to the path of Islam. Amin. Alahumma Saali Ala Seyidina Muhammad wa Ala ali Muhammadan.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 06, 2010
@nopugeater

Religious fanatics and tornadoes [/b]have this in common --> the[b] narrow path in which they move is marked by violence and destruction
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by vedaxcool(m): 11:40am On Sep 06, 2010
Bismillahit rRahmanir rRahim. Yaa Wadud. Yaa Qahar. Allahumma saali Ala Habbibi Mustapha, wa Ala ali Baitihi wa Ala Asaubihi Aji ma hin.
Oh Allah, it is dead of Night in the odd nights of the last 10 days of the month of Ramadhan. You are my Creator. You gve me life. You guided my heart and guard it from being astray even in this time in this place, make this effort here part of my Ibadah, and count it as a reward of Lai latul Qadr for me. If I catch the reward outside this forum, count it twice for me. And blot out all my sins. For You are The Forgiver, You Love to Forgive. No one can Forgive except You. So Forgive me, forgive all muslims, males and females. Guide the hearts of my loved ones who are not yet Muslims to the path of Islam. Amin. Alahumma Saali Ala Seyidina Muhammad wa Ala ali Muhammadan.
[/quote]

Amin, My brother may ALLAH reward you for your good work and perseverance. AMIN.

[quote author=imhotep link=topic=445327.msg6705706#msg6705706 date=1283763540]
@nopugeater

Religious fanatics and tornadoes [/b]have this in common --> the[b] narrow path in which they move is marked by violence and destruction

Extremism is as fatal as deeply entrenched Ignorance.

I can categorically say that 90% of all the evidence against Jesus being GOD has not been refuted instead his sly followers are hiding behind every available "log out" to dodge this fatal blows, the following questions come to mind, If you cannot reply all this plethora of proofs it means there is nothing in your religion to belief in. isn't this an indication of the falsities of your religion? do you belief just to belief? are men deviod of understanding? if you cannot bring yourself to reply most of the evidence rather you hide from answering them insn't that an indiction that your religion is merely a conjecture?
I asked this question and Yet none has replied it and i will state again so that they will so that your blindness can make you see how false you are to yourselves:

[size=22pt]In Mark Jesus claimed he didn't know when the day of judgment is, Question: was he lying or was he telling the truth? If He was lying then it shows how perverse you are as a human being, since it will mean that what you worships tells lies without reason, if he was telling the Truth it also indicates beyound reasonable doubts that Jesus is not GOD rather he is merely a servant who humbly conveys GOD words, furthermore, it also means he is Just like you and me in that we too do not know when the day of judgment is and hence we cannot say things we do not know of, yet if you insist he was god then we have to ask what kind of god is this that do not know of a day that he created and a day that he suppose to be judge? what kind of god remain ignorant of the most important day in HUMAN HEARTS?, I DARE ALL OF YOU TO ANSWER THE SIMPLE C"CHRISTIAN" RIDDLE I POSE TO YOU, I DARE YOU 20 TIMES OVER TO ANSWER THE SIMPLE QUESTIONS I ASKED EVEN THE HOLY GHOST CANNOT HELP YOU IN THIS ONE AS IT IS MORE ENIGMATIC THAN JOHN:3:16, REMEMBER FOR THOSE THAT HAVE SHORT MEMORY WHAT THE QUESTIONS ARE 1. WAS JESUS LYING WHEN HE SAID THAT HE LACKED KNOWLEDGE OF THE DAY JUDGMENT OR WAS 2. HE TELLING THE TRUTH? [/size]
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 06, 2010
. . . Before Abraham ever was, I AM . . .[Jesus Christ]
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by vedaxcool(m): 12:21pm On Sep 06, 2010
I can categorically say that 90% of all the evidence against Jesus being  GOD has not been refuted instead his sly followers are hiding behind every available "log out" to dodge this fatal blows, the following questions come to mind, If you cannot reply all this plethora of proofs it means there is nothing in your religion to belief in. isn't this an indication of the falsities of your religion? do you belief just to belief? are men deviod of understanding? if you cannot bring yourself to reply most of the evidence rather you hide from answering them insn't that an indiction that your religion is merely a conjecture?
I asked this question and Yet none has replied it and i will state again so that they will so that your blindness can make you see how false you are to yourselves:

[size=22pt]In Mark Jesus claimed he didn't know when the day of judgment is, Question: was he lying or was he telling the truth? If He was lying then it shows how perverse you are as a human being, since it will mean that what you worships tells lies without reason, if he was telling the Truth it also  indicates beyound reasonable doubts that Jesus is not GOD rather he is merely a servant who humbly conveys GOD words, furthermore, it also means he is Just like you and me in that we too do not know when the day of judgment is and hence we cannot say things we do not know of, yet if you insist he was god then we have to ask what kind of god is this that do not know of a day that he created and a day that he suppose to be judge? what kind of god remain ignorant of the most important day in HUMAN HEARTS?, I DARE ALL OF YOU TO ANSWER THE SIMPLE C"CHRISTIAN" RIDDLE I POSE TO YOU, I DARE YOU 20 TIMES OVER TO ANSWER THE SIMPLE QUESTIONS I ASKED EVEN THE HOLY GHOST CANNOT HELP YOU IN THIS ONE AS IT IS MORE ENIGMATIC THAN JOHN:3:16, REMEMBER FOR THOSE THAT HAVE SHORT MEMORY WHAT THE QUESTIONS ARE 1. WAS JESUS LYING WHEN HE SAID THAT HE LACKED KNOWLEDGE OF THE DAY JUDGMENT OR WAS 2. HE TELLING THE TRUTH? [/size]

[quote][/quote]
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2010
vedaxcool:
1. WAS JESUS LYING WHEN HE SAID THAT HE LACKED KNOWLEDGE OF THE DAY JUDGMENT OR WAS
2. [WAS] HE TELLING THE TRUTH?

. . . I AM the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE . . .[Jesus Christ]

QUESTION==> Is Truth a concept or a PERSON?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by kolaoloye(m): 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2010
Jesus is Lord,no controversy.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2010
kola oloye:

. . . You can said that again, my brother. . .

Those who question should LEARN TO ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS . . .
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by philip0906(m): 1:15pm On Sep 06, 2010
@vedaxcool
stop screaming like u've scored some points. . .Jesus said so while still being flesh and blood like his disciples.If he had been in his true form i.e God,no one would have believed d sufferings he passed thru,afterall how can a "God" suffer?so we would have asked.Jesus performed miracles and did many great things 2 make his disciples and others believe that he was indeed d Messiah but at d same time,he was still limited 2 being flesh and blood. . .Now let me refer u 2 John17:1-5
John 17 (New American Standard Bible)

John 17
The High Priestly Prayer
1Jesus spoke these things; and (A)lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, "Father, the hour has come; (B)glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You,

2even as (C)You gave Him authority over all flesh, that (D)to all whom You have given Him, (E)He may give eternal life.

3"This is eternal life, that they may know You, (F)the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom (G)You have sent.

4"(H)I glorified You on the earth, (I)having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do.

[size=18pt] 5"Now, Father, (J)glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had (K)with You before the world was. [/size]

Verse 5 shows Jesus now "assuming" his former place in Glory b4 d "World was". . .so d Bible does not contradict itself,and Jesus is indeed God.Its u atheists dat look 4 one portion of d Bible 2 attack.even if u want 2 attack d Bible,do so in its entirety
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by philip0906(m): 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2010
John 17:5 ". . .with the glory which I had (K)with You before the world was" further correlates Genesis1:26 "And God said,Let us make man in our image. . ."
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by vedaxcool(m): 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2010
John 17
The High Priestly Prayer? imagine the shear senselessness of this statement
1Jesus spoke these things; and (A)lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, "Father, the hour has come; (B)glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You,

2even as (C)You gave Him authority over all flesh, that (D)to all whom You have given Him, (E)He may give eternal life.----> who was he talking to?

3"This is eternal life, that they may know You, (F)the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom (G)You have sent.----> who was he talking to?

4"(H)I glorified You on the earth, (I)having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do.-----> who was he talking to?

some times one needs to ask if certain sickness are contagious, coz you same men claim that he work all the miracle he did becoz he was God, now you are saying he did not come to earth with his powers? this form of delusion is remains unexplainable, the questions I asked have hardly been answered I summerize them once again: 1. WAS JESUS LYING WHEN HE SAID THAT HE LACKED KNOWLEDGE OF THE DAY JUDGMENT OR WAS 2. HE TELLING THE TRUTH? cool cool cool

kola oloye:

Keep worshipping a god that used the Loo, the jon and the toilet. cool
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by philip0906(m): 1:50pm On Sep 06, 2010
^^
Typical atheists,run around d bush. . .U have read it and seen it with ur own eyes,but u just keep hitting ur head on d wall.If u don't believe dat chapter,Genesis1:26 would further help u wink
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by vedaxcool(m): 2:08pm On Sep 06, 2010
I wonder who told the Ignoramus that I am an atheist,auzobila! I am a Muslim, and have asked two simple questions that you have not replied keep it up as from all indication tyou are trying to dodge the questions grin grin grin cheesy cheesy now that funny.

Genesis1:26 , I want to asked whether this verse was revealed to you paganistic Christians or the Monotheistic Jews? common sense it was revealed to the Jews who ever Monotheism

Judaism is based on a strict monotheism. This doctrine expresses the belief in one indivisible God. The worship of multiple gods (polytheism) and the concept of a Singular God having multiple persons (as in the doctrine of Trinity) are equally unimaginable in Judaism. The statement par excellence in terms of defining God is the Shema Yisrael, originally appearing in the Hebrew Bible: "Hear O Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is One", also translated as "Hear O Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is unique/alone."[Deut. 6:4]

God is conceived of as eternal, the creator of the universe, and the source of morality. God has the power to intervene in the world. The term God thus corresponds to an actual ontological reality, and is not merely a projection of the human psyche. Maimonides describes God in this fashion: "There is a Being, perfect in every possible way, who is the ultimate cause of all existence. All existence depends on God and is derived from God."

The idea of God as a duality or trinity is heretical in Judaism─it is considered akin to polytheism. "[God], the Cause of all, is one. This does not mean one as in one of a pair, nor one like a species (which encompasses many individuals), nor one as in an object that is made up of many elements, nor as a single simple object that is infinitely divisible. Rather, God is a unity unlike any other possible unity." This is referred to in the Torah: "Hear Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is One."[Deut. 6:4] [3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Judaism
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by philip0906(m): 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2010
I wonder who told the Ignoramus that I am an atheist,auzobila! I am a Muslim
oh sorry. . .thought u were an atheist,cos I do "em.I don't argue with muslims,cos its needless.So sorry 4 all d attention u got.Any atheist in d building? grin grin
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by vedaxcool(m): 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2010
This is the way the Jews Interpreted the Verse to be:

Answer
Hello Nathan,
I am assuming you're asking me the translation of Gen 1:26. The Hebrew text is contained here

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0101.htm

- this interface doesn't let me use the Hebrew characters.

The text literally is translated like this:

26 And God said: 'Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.'

I can only assume that you're asking me this question because this is a surefire way for Christians to slam-dunk a concept of trinity down your throat. Well, that would not be a way to do it.  I'd like to quote Rabbi Tovia Singer below, and credit him with this answer in its entirety - I am simply repeating what he said in answer to this missionary claim.

This verse appears in missionary literature quite often in spite of the fact that this argument has been answered countless times throughout the centuries.  Let’s examine Genesis 1:26, as I have quoted it above.

With limited knowledge of the Jewish scriptures, missionaries advance the above verse in as evidence that there was a plurality in the godhead which was responsible for creation.  What other explanation could adequately account for the Bible’s use of the plural pronouns such as “us” and “our” in this verse?  
The Liberty Annotated Study Bible, a Bible commentary published by the Reverend Jerry Falwell’s Liberty University, similarly remarks on this verse,

The plural pronoun “Us” is most likely a majestic plural from the standpoint of Hebrew grammar and syntax.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by vedaxcool(m): 2:25pm On Sep 06, 2010
vedaxcool:

[size=20pt]My Lord My Lord why have thou Forsaken me? If jesus was god we could write this verse as Myself Myself why have I forsaken Myself [/size]cool
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy :DLoL grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy wink cool
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by philip0906(m): 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2010
The single clearest declaration of the existence of God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit - i.e, to use the traditional theological term, as a Trinity - is found in I John 5, which states, in relevant part:

Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God. Whoever loves the Father also loves the child who is born of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. His commandments are not grievous. For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world: your faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? This is he who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and the blood. It is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. For there are three who testify in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. And there are three that testify on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and the three agree as one. If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is God's testimony which he has testified concerning his Son. He who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. He who doesn't believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning his Son. The testimony is this, that God gave to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has the life. He who doesn't have God's Son doesn't have the life, We know that the Son of God has come, and has given us an understanding, that we know him who is true, and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

I John 5:1-12, 20 & marg. (WEB)

The italicized language in the above passage directly asserts that the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit are one. Unfortunately, this language is also found only in the margin of most modern translations, attached to a notation indicating that it is not found in extant Greek texts which date earlier than the Sixteenth Century. However, even if the questioned language is treated as if it had been added by Medieval monks (a historical conclusion with which this author disagrees), the existence of God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, three yet one, can be demonstrated in at least three other ways.

First, even if the language italicized above is ignored, the remainder of I John 5 is of unquestioned authenticity and clearly teaches the concept of the Trinity. Only the person who believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God overcomes the world, is born of God and has life. Anyone who does not believe this calls God a liar. Yet in verse 20, both God and his Son are called "him who is true" and "the true God." Furthermore, in verse 7 the Spirit is called "the truth," and in verses 8 through 10 the testimony of the Spirit, the testimony of the water and the blood by which Christ came and the testimony of God are equated.

Second, numerous other scriptures either directly teach or depend upon the concept. For instance, "the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ" is referred to in Colossians 2:2, and in I Corinthians 12:3-6, the Spirit of God and the Holy Spirit are equated, his work in our lives is identified as God's work, and is identified as the only power by which we can say "Jesus is Lord." Similarly, Jesus' own words are said to be God's words because God gives the Spirit to him without measure. John 3:34-35. It was God who anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and power. Acts 10:38. Likewise, in several places Jesus promises to send his followers the Holy Spirit from the Father, to comfort, teach and empower them and to guide them into all truth. John 14:16-17, 26; 15:26; 16:7. Indeed, all things that the Father has belong to the Son, and Jesus promised to send the Spirit to show them to his disciples. John 16:14-15. After his resurrection, the scriptures indicate that Jesus kept this promise, receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit from the Father and pouring it out on his followers who were gathered together. Acts 2:33.

In the same way, we have seen in previous chapters that Jesus, the Word, was with God and was God in the beginning, and without him nothing was made that has been made. (1). Yet the Genesis account identifies three actors as present at creation: God, the Spirit of God hovering over his work, and the words God spoke to bring things into existence. Genesis 1:1-3. In a similar way, in the human events which led to the birth of Jesus, God first sent an angel (a spiritual messenger) to speak his words to Mary, and when she submitted to those words and received them, the Holy Spirit came upon her and the words God had spoken were conceived in her womb, resulting in the conception of the Son of God as Son of Man. Luke 1:29-38. Moreover, while the angel told Mary that the baby she would bear would be the Son of God, her cousin Elizabeth, when "filled with the Holy Spirit," called Mary's unborn baby her "Lord." Luke 1:32, 35, 41-42. Likewise, Elizabeth's husband Zechariah, "filled with the Holy Spirit," prophesied that his son John, as a "prophet of the Most High," would "go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him" - exactly as John later did for Jesus. Luke 1:76; Mark 1:1-3. Thus, all three members of the Godhead are seen to have been active both in the creation and in the events which led to the human birth of the Son of God.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by philip0906(m): 2:30pm On Sep 06, 2010
The creation of man as male and female is a picture of the Trinity.
Genesis 1:27 attests that God created man "in his own image, male and female." While God gives man, male and female, dominion over the earth and the God-like power of procreation, in subsequent verses, the only way God expressly states that man is made in His image is that man is male and female. God created the first woman out of the first man. Genesis 2:21-22. Thus, Eve came out of Adam, just as the Son comes out of the Father. Moreover, Adam instantly recognized when he saw Eve, she was bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh, as God himself confirmed. Genesis 2:23-24. Therefore, Adam and Eve shared one flesh, just as the Father and the Son share one substance. Finally, Adam and Eve were of one spirit, just as the Father and the Son share one Spirit. Malachi 2:15.

Adam and Eve, as they were originally created in innocence, were a nearly perfect picture of the Trinity. Indeed this picture was imperfect in only two respects. First, because the first man and woman were temporal, created beings, Adam had to be created first for Eve to be created out of him. By contrast, the scriptures are clear that the Father, the Son, and the Spirit are equally eternal and none existed before any of the others. See, e.g., Genesis 1:1-2; John 1:1-3. From eternity, the Son comes out of the Father, without implying that either one is limited to time or had a beginning in time. Second, where the Son does only the Father's will and the Father and Son are eternally loyal to each other, the loyalty of Adam and Eve to each other, though complete in their innocence, had never been tested. Philippians 2:5-11; John 5:19-23. When tempted by the serpent, the first couple departed from their loyalty to God and to each other. Genesis 3:6-8, 11-12 & 16. By contrast, when tempted by the devil, the Son remained loyal to the Father, and when the Son took the sin of the world upon himself on the cross, the Father remained loyal to the Son (5
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by philip0906(m): 2:31pm On Sep 06, 2010
Marriage is a picture of the Trinity.

At the present time marriage, and particularly marriage between believers, is a picture of the Trinity. It has been marred by sin and is no longer the nearly perfect picture presented by the first couple in their time of innocence. Nevertheless, man and wife, though distinct individuals, become joined by God as one flesh in a manner analogous to Adam and Eve, who were distinct persons though literally created from the same flesh. Matthew 19:4-6. Neither mate owns his or her own body; that body belongs to the other mate, to them both jointly. I Corinthians 7:4. Further, it remains true that a married couple, joined by God, to a large degree shares a single, merged spirit. Malachi 2:15.

However, the New Testament also clearly states that Christian marriage is a picture of the relationship between Christ and the Church. Ephesians 5:22-33. The Church is the body of Christ, and every believer is a member of that body. I Corinthians 12:27. The Church exists only because Jesus the Son died to bring it into existence and the Father and the Spirit raised him from the dead to empower it to live (6). Christ is the Head of the Church, his Body, and the Church is growing out of its Head, just as the Son eternally comes out of the Father. Ephesians 4:15-16; Colossians 2:19, Yet, the Church is also the Bride of Christ, and Christ is at the present time (as we see time) perfecting his Bride so that he can present it to Himself without spot or wrinkle. Ephesians 5:25-27; Colossians 3:22. The Son and his Bride are, thus, distinct persons, yet a single body, just as the Father and the Son are distinct yet one. Moreover, the Son and his Bride share a single Spirit, that same Holy Spirit which the Father and the Son share (7
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by vedaxcool(m): 2:52pm On Sep 06, 2010
who you dey tell all this torrey? Go and tell the atheist aren't they your best pals?

See lies that the printing press has churn out 1 john 5:1-12
1Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. 2This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. 3This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 4for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

6This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7For there are three that testify: 8thea Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. 9We accept man’s testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in his heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

were does it tell us of the trinity or is god the water and Jesus the blood, abeg Jarrey you have no case

philip0906:

Jesus' own words are said to be God's words because God gives the Spirit to him without measure

1. WAS JESUS LYING WHEN HE SAID THAT HE LACKED KNOWLEDGE OF THE DAY JUDGMENT OR WAS 2. HE TELLING THE TRUTH? You cannot have it both ways do people argue with heads facing upside down?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by vedaxcool(m): 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2010
Luke 1:1-32

26In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

29Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. 31You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. 32He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end.”

34“How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

35The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be calledc the Son of God. 36Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month. 37For nothing is impossible with God.”

God said he would give jesus the throne of his father David, now we have to wonder what christians are talking about because in one hand they want us to belief that jesus is the son of God in another God call David the father of Jesus this shear confusion with no end at sight.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by philip0906(m): 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2010
The Son eternally comes from the Father and they share the Spirit. All three act together.

The central mystery of the Gospel cannot be understood without an understanding of the mystery of the Trinity. As was previously shown, at both the creation of all things and the conception of Jesus, the Word came forth from the Father and was acted upon by the Spirit, which brought the Father's work into existence by the Word he had spoken. This is the invariable relationship between the three. The Son is always seen to come forth from the Father, the "firstborn over all creation," the radiance of the Father's glory and the exact representation of his being, and is the one by whom the Father creates and sustains all things. Hebrews 1:1-3, 8-12; Colossians 1:15-17. While equal with the Father, he submits to the Father and does only what he sees his Father doing. John 5:19; Philippians 2:5-6. Though he submitted to be made human, "a little lower than the angels," to bring salvation and understanding friendship to humanity, in substance he is one with his Father (2).

But God is spirit. John 4:24. Thus, it can be no surprise that the substance which the Father and the Son share is spirit. Jesus was anointed with the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38. Indeed, John the baptizer attested that God gives the Spirit to Jesus without measure. John 3:34-35. As it is only the spirit of a person which truly knows that person's mind, so it is only the Spirit of God which searches even the deep things of God and knows God's mind. I Corinthians 2:10-11. Jesus said that the Spirit would show Jesus' things to us because all things that the Father has also pertain to Jesus. John 16:14-15. The "Spirit of God," the "Spirit of Christ," the "Spirit of Jesus," the "Holy Spirit," the "Spirit of holiness," the "Spirit of life," the "Spirit of him who raised Christ from the dead" and simply the "Spirit" are equated in Acts 16:6-7, Romans 1:3-4 and Romans 8:1-17. Further, in 1 Corinthians 12:3-7, the "Spirit of God" and the "Holy Spirit" are identified with the "same Spirit" who gives gifts, the "same Lord" who receives our service and the "same God" who works in each of us.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by philip0906(m): 3:11pm On Sep 06, 2010
@vedaxcool
I'm not replying u,so stop wasting ur time.I am posting 2 let others know.U r free 2 post whatever,but don't make any reference 2 my posts wink
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by philip0906(m): 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2010
The relationships in the Trinity, in marriage and between Christ, his Church and individual believers are analogous to each other, and point to the unity of the individual believers and the Church with Christ and with the Father.

It is at this point that the mystery of the Trinity and the central mystery of the gospel intersect. This mystery is stated by the Apostle Paul in several different ways. On the one hand, the "mystery of Christ" is a mystery about the Church corporately, namely, that through the gospel the gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members of one body and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 3:4, 6. On the other hand, the mystery which God is now making known is a mystery about believers individually, namely "Christ in you, the hope of glory." Colossians 1:27. Yet these are opposing sides of the same mystery. The Body of Christ grows out of its head in part by adding members. Acts 2:47; Ephesians 5:30. Each member is brought into the Body by being given the same Holy Spirit which the Body shares with the Head and the Son shares with the Father. Acts 2:15-17, 33, 38-39; Romans 8:9. A person who has the Spirit of Christ has Christ himself dwelling within, and, though still a separate person, is one spirit with Christ. I Corinthians 6:17; Romans 8:9-11. But the individual who has Christ has also been immersed by that same Spirit into one Body with all other believers and has become a member of that Body, of one substance with both the Body and its Head. I Corinthians 12:12-13, 27. On the other hand, the Body of Christ also grows out from its head in part by the growth of its existing members, as each is brought into a more mature relationship with the Head. Ephesians 4:11-16. Thus, the relationship between Christ, the individual believer, and Christ's Church is properly likened to marriage, as Paul does in one explanation of the mystery of the gospel:

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Ephesians 5:25-32.(ASV)

Thus, as Father and the Son, though distinct, are one substance and man and wife are one flesh, the Son and his Body are one and are mutually one with each member of that Body. Similarly, as the Father and the Son share one Spirit, and a man and wife are one spirit, the Son, his Church and each member of his Church share one Spirit, the same Holy Spirit which the Father and the Son share. Moreover, that Spirit is a distinct personality from the Father, the Son, the Church and each of the members of the Church in which he resides, just as the spirit of a marriage is distinct from either of the partners separate from the other, yet he perfectly represents the Father and the Son to each other and to the Church. While God's Word gives us much instruction concerning this mystery, only one who is personally a part of the mystery, a member of Christ's Body, can ever hope to understand it. The doctrine of the Trinity is beyond human understanding.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by vedaxcool(m): 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2010
philip0906:

The creation of man as male and female is a picture of the Trinity.
Genesis 1:27 attests that God created man "in his own image,  male and female." While God gives man, male and female, dominion over the earth and the God-like power of procreation, in subsequent verses, the only way God expressly states that man is made in His image is that man is male and female. God created the first woman out of the first man. Genesis 2:21-22. Thus, Eve came out of Adam, just as the Son comes out of the Father. Moreover, Adam instantly recognized when he saw Eve, she was bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh, as God himself confirmed. Genesis 2:23-24. Therefore, Adam and Eve shared one flesh, just as the Father and the Son share one substance. Finally, Adam and Eve were of one spirit, just as the Father and the Son share one Spirit. Malachi 2:15.

Adam and Eve, as they were originally created in innocence, were a nearly perfect picture of the Trinity. Indeed this picture was imperfect in only two respects. First, because the first man and woman were temporal, created beings, Adam had to be created first for Eve to be created out of him. By contrast, the scriptures are clear that the Father, the Son, and the Spirit are equally eternal and none existed before any of the others. See, e.g., Genesis 1:1-2; John 1:1-3. From eternity, the Son comes out of the Father, without implying that either one is limited to time or had a beginning in time. Second, where the Son does only the Father's will and the Father and Son are eternally loyal to each other, the loyalty of Adam and Eve to each other, though complete in their innocence, had never been tested. Philippians 2:5-11; John 5:19-23. When tempted by the serpent, the first couple departed from their loyalty to God and to each other. Genesis 3:6-8, 11-12 & 16. By contrast, when tempted by the devil, the Son remained loyal to the Father, and when the Son took the sin of the world upon himself on the cross, the Father remained loyal to the Son (5

This is the Jewish conception of GOD,

Deuteronomy (4: 15): "Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire."

The 3rd article of Jewish faith is:

I believe with perfect faith that the Creator, blessed be His Name, is not a body, and that He is free from all the properties of matter, and that there can be no (physical) comparison to Him whatsoever.

Jews are prohibited from imagining or describing the form of God therefore they have refrained from describing his looks.

God does not have a physical dimension - He created the physical world. Describing Him in physical terms is meaningless.

So keep deluding yourself that you people understand the nature of GOD.

Jesus' own words are said to be God's words because God gives the Spirit to him without measure---> Philip

1. WAS JESUS LYING WHEN HE SAID THAT HE LACKED KNOWLEDGE OF THE DAY JUDGMENT OR WAS 2. HE TELLING THE TRUTH? You cannot have it both ways do people argue with heads facing upside down?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (34) (Reply)

Prophet Wale Olagunju 2021 Prophecies: Buhari Terminally Sick, Coup If.... / God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London / Bishop Oyedepo On Bribery: I Will Make Sure You Lose Your Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 258
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.