Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,331 members, 7,954,338 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:00 PM

Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church (59538 Views)

Marriage Wahala. Evan Ebuka Óbị Asked Couple To Divorce / The Lords Chosen: Deaf And Dumb Couple For 35yrs And 40yrs Healed Simultaneously / Pastor Nnamdi Akujor Predicts Man's First Class Result Before His Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by DavidEsq(m): 8:33am On Apr 16, 2018
HappyPagan:
Christians and their wahala.

If to say dem ask Mary dis kain question, dem for don abort Jesus...
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by ibolomo(m): 8:48am On Apr 16, 2018
jnrbayano:
You said they are married traditionally baa? That means their parents both consented? Brideprice paid and all? Okay.

Who is that Godman asking for pregnancy test? When Jesus attended a Jewish wedding in Cana, who demanded for pregnancy test results that time?
Uncle, the standards in Jesus' time were much stricter and worse than what we have now.
I mean, people who were found to be deflowered before marriage (not pregnancy sef) were stoned to death.
The MOG is not wrong to ask for pregnancy test, if you see the things that pastors have gone through in the hands of intending couples, you would be amazed.
I however don't support the ruling of not joining them if found pregnant, they should be wedded, but should face disciplinary actions. Shikena

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by ndcide(m): 8:56am On Apr 16, 2018
Demonicide:
If they do abortion now, na that same pastor go still call them murderer. That was how one sister did abortion all because of this pregnancy test before wedding. She now has blocked tubes now, the pastors commits atrocities than members sef.

Why must they go do abortion. Did God not say flee furnication?

We have to choose who we shall serve.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by bishop1988(m): 9:03am On Apr 16, 2018
Emekus92:
I don't see anything wrong with pregnancy b4 marriage.

All sin na sin. A sin has been committed already, our God is a forgiving Father always ready to accept us when we confess our sins and forsake them.

I don't see y any pastor will chase someone away bcoz of sin against God that simply mean they are claiming to be god .

Did u read the write-up at all? Why didn't they come back if there z no skeleton in their cupboard...
And yes God z a forgiving father but that does not overrule the verse that said "....and the bed undefiled". It's not that they don't know wat they were doing before they engage in sex and got pregnancy from there. Go and read the bible and study the life of the Israelites. The Holy Spirit will give you understanding. The world cannot change the word of God. It's not like Nigeria constitution...shalom
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by bishop1988(m): 9:06am On Apr 16, 2018
ibolomo:

Uncle, the standards in Jesus' time were much stricter and worse than what we have now.
I mean, people who were found to be deflowered before marriage (not pregnancy sef) were stoned to death.
The MOG is not wrong to ask for pregnancy test, if you see the things that pastors have gone through in the hands of intending couples, you would be amazed.
I however don't support the ruling of not joining them if found pregnant, they should be wedded, but should face disciplinary actions. Shikena

God bless u my brother . The world cannot change the word of God. It's not Nigeria constitution. But still I suggest the pastor should not join them so as not to be partaker of their sin. They can go to d registry

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Babinski: 9:10am On Apr 16, 2018
sujexy:
Pastor asks for pregnancy test result from couple that has traditionally completed their Marraige rites before he would wed them in church
Nairaland what is your take on this please??

The Pastor is right to ask for pregnancy test. People come to church to be joined in Holy Matrimony and not just any form of joining. The Pastor didn't force them to come for Church Wedding, they were the ones who asked for it. They are free to go for court wedding. It is apparent from their behaviour they had zero regard for God in the first instance. Being seen in the forefront of Church worship yet for nictating unrepentantly! It is clear the lady is likely pregnant even before the traditional wedding which was less than a month before they asked for Church wedding.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by bishop1988(m): 9:12am On Apr 16, 2018
Babinski:

The Pastor is right to ask for pregnancy test. People come to church to be joined in Holy Matrimony and not just any form of joining. The Pastor didn't force them to come for Church Wedding, they were the ones who asked for it. They are free to go for court wedding. It is apparent from their behaviour they had zero regard for God in the first instance. Being seen in the forefront of Church worship yet for nictating unrepentantly! It is clear the lady is likely pregnant even before the traditional wedding which was less than a month before they asked for Church wedding.

Exactly my point. God bless u
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by creamy1990(f): 9:56am On Apr 16, 2018
Emekus92:

All sin na sin. A sin has been committed already, our God is a forgiving Father always ready to accept us when we confess our sins and forsake them.

I don't see y any pastor will chase someone away bcoz of sin against God that simply mean they are claiming to be god .
because our God is a forgiving father now we should continue committing sin deliberately? Abi will u call that pregnancy a mistake?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by eph12(m): 10:35am On Apr 16, 2018
bomasek:
They are confused as Christians cause they are wired to believe that without church wedding,they aren't man n wife
So if that is how they are wired why the confusion? Why didn't they wait for the church wedding?
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by pek(m): 10:52am On Apr 16, 2018
Emekus92:

Why am I not surprised. You don't see anything wrong in sin? Good for you. The word of God can't change. Sin is sin no matter who is committing it or the circumstances. The pastor acted in a way he deemed right. They have a practice and anyone who is not okay with it can take a walk.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by pek(m): 10:55am On Apr 16, 2018
You want to wed in a church just two months after joining the church? Something doesn't seem right. The pastor was even lenient to have even agreed. Some church marriage counselling takes up to three months.
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by BigIyanga: 12:13pm On Apr 16, 2018
Babinski:

Who appointed the pastor chief medical director. Where is it written in the bibble that it's pastor approval that makes an unborn child illegal or legal??
Free the people from sheepish movement

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by BigIyanga: 12:16pm On Apr 16, 2018
pek:
Why am I not surprised. You don't see anything wrong in sin? Good for you. The word of God can't change. Sin is sin no matter who is committing it or the circumstances. The pastor acted in a way he deemed right. They have a practice and anyone who is not okay with it can take a walk.
Who made you an arbiter of sin? How are two married adults with parental consent/blessings committing sin?
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by pek(m): 12:27pm On Apr 16, 2018
BigIyanga:

Who made you an arbiter of sin? How are two married adults with parental consent/blessings committing sin?
Go back and read what I quoted. Read slowly, very slowly. If you don't understand it after that, then go and hug a wet live transformer.
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by bomasek(m): 12:34pm On Apr 16, 2018
eph12:

So if that is how they are wired why the confusion? Why didn't they wait for the church wedding?
Confusion led them to that state
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by OShepherd: 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ishilove:
What arrant nonsense. Our Lord Jesus talked about these kinds of people in Matthew 15 vs 9. He said- "In vain they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men."

Who said you must be married in church before you can have conjugal relations with your spouse?? Who said you must be wedded in church before your marriage is blessed? Man, of course, not God. I recall the arena where Jesus performed his first recorded miracle was at a Jewish wedding in Cana.

When all traditional marriage rites are completed, a couple are legally married in the eyes of God, man and the law. It is us human being imposing man made restrictions, dogma and utterly ridiculous and carnal demands in the name of God.

I suggest people should research the history of white weddings before being swayed by all manner of false teachings.

Kudos to preachers like Pastor Chris Ojigbani who have long denounced these unscriptural and ignorant rules in the church.
U nailed it sir. Av been following Pastor Ojigbanis mssg since 2003: the man speaks nothing but the truth but those gullible followers won't listen ooooooo

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by olarewaju99(m): 12:37pm On Apr 16, 2018
please read psalm 35, 140, 145
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Emekus92(m): 12:48pm On Apr 16, 2018
pek:

OK if you are a pastor and such a couple come to you ready repent of their sins and ready to do the right thing because the person Is a sinner you will chase them away because u b God abi
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Emekus92(m): 12:51pm On Apr 16, 2018
creamy1990:
because our God is a forgiving father now we should continue committing sin deliberately? Abi will u call that pregnancy a mistake?

show me a person who sin by mistake.
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by pek(m): 1:22pm On Apr 16, 2018
Emekus92:

OK if you are a pastor and such a couple come to you ready repent of their sins and ready to do the right thing because the person Is a sinner you will chase them away because u b God abi
You started by saying that there is nothing wrong in a woman getting pregnant before wedding. I am not God but FYI, the with church doctrine must be maintained. Anybody who is not comfortable with that can try the next church. After all there are more than enough churches everywhere!
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by jnrbayano(m): 2:50pm On Apr 16, 2018
ibolomo:

I don't think you understand my point. A marriage begins when the Brideprice is paid signalling consent between intending couples and their families. It is called the traditional marriage. A very valid marriage.

The pastor requests for the pregnancy test result so that what will happen? Is the pastor not married? Who requested for his?

My point with sighting the Jewish wedding in Cana is simply because thats the only wedding ceremony they have and our traditional marriage is it's equivalent.

That Godofman is simply practising Churchianity

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by dumodust(m): 8:22pm On Apr 16, 2018
Laredojohn:
Hmm it quite sad that this rule in churches trying not to promote promiscuity by joining a pregnant woman and a man has lead to soo many other wrong doings all in the name of the couple to be wanting a church wedding, some will abort all because they want to have a church wedding, my point is any lady or guy who is sexually active is as guilty as the pregnant lady who is prevented from being joined in the church, while a lady who has performed series of abortions and may even have done one is ceremoniously accepted by the church, my take is, only virgins (guy or lady) should be able to Wed in churches with their rules, as far as a guy or girl is sexually active, the pregnant girl they are both the same
word bro... word
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by eph12(m): 10:05pm On Apr 16, 2018
bomasek:
Confusion led them to that state
You're wrong
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by bomasek(m): 11:13pm On Apr 16, 2018
eph12:

You're wrong
I'm not,traditional wedding is the true marital rites

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor / Tom Samson's Rolls-Royce 50th Birthday Gift (pics) / Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.