Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,793 members, 7,824,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

When She Always Threatens To Break Up With You. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When She Always Threatens To Break Up With You. (1957 Views)

My Girlfriend Always Threatens To Harm/Hurt Me Spiritually. / Ex Girlfriend Threatens To Scatter Newly Engaged Couple Relationship / Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When She Always Threatens To Break Up With You. by Josephamstrong1(m): 7:23am On Apr 17, 2018
We've all been in the heat of the moment when angry words are said or actions are taken that we later regret. Sometimes in a love relationship or marriage , one person gets so upset he or she will threaten to end the relationship. In that contentious moment, it feels like what the person truly wants to do. Later, once both have cooled off and are seeing things more clearly, breaking up isn't so appealing. Trust me.
There are all kinds of reactions that might seem tempting when your partner threatens to break up with you. It can feel manipulative and upsetting to hear the words “I'm going to you or break up with you”
Take a deep breath. Do not reply or talk immediately. Calm down and then return to the conversation.

It’s a foolish tactic employed by insecure people who need to constantly test their power in a relationship. I speak from experience and only stopped doing it after Matilda called my bluff and walked out of my life for good. We were both twenties at the time.
Years later I dated a very good, sweet, sexy, dark, beautiful lady who was used to getting her way with men. The first time I told her something she didn’t want to hear she pointed to an exit and said, “There’s the door!”
I thought to myself, “Bingo!”
Without realizing it she handed me a “Get out of jail free” card. I knew I’d be free to stick around as long as I wanted and, when the relationship was no longer fun, all I had to do was say something (she doesn't want to hear the truth) she didn’t want to hear, wait for her to point to a door and say, “OK, bye, have a nice life.”

If you care enough to make the relationship work you have two basic choices. Get used to a lifetime of threats or call her bluff and let the chips fall where they may.
When you chop down a tree using an axe, every time you hit the tree, pieces of wood (chips) scatter. While you are cutting, you don't worry about the various chips flying around; you don't really care where they land. As a cutter, you remain focussed on the task at hands which is to chop down the tree.
Just remember, never call a bluff unless you’re ready to cowboy it all up and be the man.
Pardon my grammatical errors.
Re: When She Always Threatens To Break Up With You. by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 17, 2018
Re: When She Always Threatens To Break Up With You. by agbonkamen(f): 8:07am On Apr 17, 2018
All these love Wahala nawao..... Civilization is bad : grin grin grin grin
Re: When She Always Threatens To Break Up With You. by Holysucker(m): 10:45am On Apr 17, 2018
All dis relationship palava....I just prefer fwb...relationships dis days is just so draining and stressful...

2 Likes

Re: When She Always Threatens To Break Up With You. by SoapQueen(f): 11:42am On Apr 17, 2018
Josephamstrong1:
We've all been in the heat of the moment when angry words are said or actions are taken that we later regret. Sometimes in a love relationship or marriage , one person gets so upset he or she will threaten to end the relationship. In that contentious moment, it feels like what the person truly wants to do. Later, once both have cooled off and are seeing things more clearly, breaking up isn't so appealing. Trust me.
There are all kinds of reactions that might seem tempting when your partner threatens to remove or break up with you. It can feel manipulative and upsetting to hear the words “I'm going to remove you or break up with you” like seen on the chat below.
Take a deep breath. Do not reply or talk immediately. Take few minutes, you can see the time I replied. but I was clear that I wanted to keep talking about it. Calm down and then return to the conversation.

It’s a foolish tactic employed by insecure people who need to constantly test their power in a relationship. I speak from experience and only stopped doing it after Matilda called my bluff and walked out of my life for good. We were both twenties at the time.
Years later I dated a very sexy, dark, beautiful lady who was used to getting her way with men. The first time I told her something she didn’t want to hear she pointed to an exit and said, “There’s the door!”
I thought to myself, “Bingo!”
Without realizing it she handed me a “Get out of jail free” card. I knew I’d be free to stick around as long as I wanted and, when the relationship was no longer fun, all I had to do was say something (she doesn't want to hear the truth) she didn’t want to hear, wait for her to point to a door and say, “OK, bye, have a nice life.”

If you care enough to make the relationship work you have two basic choices. Get used to a lifetime of threats or call her bluff and let the chips fall where they may.
When you chop down a tree using an axe, every time you hit the tree, pieces of wood (chips) scatter. While you are cutting, you don't worry about the various chips flying around; you don't really care where they land. As a cutter, you remain focussed on the task at hands which is to chop down the tree.
Just remember, never call a bluff unless you’re ready to cowboy it all up and be the man.
Pardon my grammatical errors.

Awww. Okay. I'm guilty of this one. Not like I mean it seriously, it's just one of the snotty things I do. I will change.

Op, it is nothing too serious. It's what they called unnecessary drama. Forgive her. Settle it in bed.

Luck.
Re: When She Always Threatens To Break Up With You. by Josephamstrong1(m): 1:00pm On Apr 17, 2018
SoapQueen:

Awww. Okay. I'm guilty of this one. Not like I mean it seriously, it's just one of the snotty things I do. I will change.

Op, it is nothing too serious. It's what they called unnecessary drama. Forgive her. Settle it in bed.

Luck.

cheesy We don't do bed...lol.
Re: When She Always Threatens To Break Up With You. by firstladyp4(f): 5:27am On Apr 19, 2018
Josephamstrong1:

cheesy We don't do bed...lol.
undecided undecided just passing

(1) (Reply)

.. / Male Genital Desensitizer Spray That Will Make You Last In Bed With Your Woman / Girls Want So Much More From You. But Has Nothing To Give

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.