Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,757 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:50 AM

When Love Speaks - Literature (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When Love Speaks (421636 Views)

When Love Happens / When Love Dies - Episode 1 / When Love Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Love Speaks by CaptnSelfless(m): 10:17pm On Jan 15, 2019
Grandfather still there....buh all d same, Infant, U are d best

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by Henzkarito: 10:41pm On Jan 15, 2019
Infant, you are too good. Omor dis story is killing..
Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 12:57am On Jan 17, 2019
Episode 72

Everyone fixed their gaze on the door, waiting anxiously to see if Angel will walk into the sitting room just like Jewel said. The door slowly opened and Angel majestically walked in through the door. They all froze when they saw her. Everyone stared at her open mouthed. It was as if the world paused for a minute, because no one was saying anything. They all stared silently at Angel in shock. They still couldn't believe that the Angel everyone thought was dead, was the same person standing in their front. After a while of deafening silence, Angel spoke.

"mum, dad!" Angel called.

Her mum slowly walked closer to her. She stood an inch away from her. Her hands were shaking as she stared at Angel in shock.

"Angel, is this really you?" she asked with a shaking voice.

"yes, mum. It's me" Angel responded, smiling.

Her mum immediately hugged her and broke into tears. She wept as if she recently just lost her daughter. Her continuous weeping suddenly made Angel to start crying also. Her dad who couldn't shed tears when they thought Angel had died, finally started shedding tears of joy. He walked to meet Angel and hugged her also. What seemed to be a moment of sorrow for the family had suddenly become a moment of joy, within a space of some seconds. Henry, Jessica and Steven looked on in amazement. The kind of happiness they felt in their heart is one that couldn't be expressed with words or action. After embracing her father for a while, Angel turned to face Jessica.

"Jessica!" she called, happily.

"Angel" Jessica responded, emotionally and immediately rushed to embrace her.

They hugged each other tightly. Henry and Steven walked to meet Jewel who couldn't hide the smile on his face.

"how did this happen?" Steven asked in amazement.

"Angel wasn't involved in that explosion. She was kidnapped by Daniel and Jane" Jewel responded.

"you don't mean it. So all these while we thought Angel was dead, she was being held hostage by Daniel and Jane. But how did you manage to rescue her?" Steven asked.

"I will explain that to you later. But for now, I'm just so happy that my Angel is alive." Jewel responded.

"this calls for celebration. We need to pop champagne" Henry screamed, happily.

"yes o. We need to celebrate this" Steven responded.

"then let's go get some bottles of champagne and start celebrating already" Henry said.

"let's go then" Steven responded.

"I'm coming with you guys" Jewel added.

"then let's start going. I will so drink myself to stupor tonight" Steven said.

Jewel turned to face Angel.

"my Angel, I need to quickly get some bottles of champagne. I will be back in few minutes." he said.

"okay my Jewel" Angel responded.

Jewel turned to face Steven and Henry.

"let's start going guys" he said, happily.

They left the sitting room to get some bottles of champagne, while Angel, her parents and Jessica continued in their merriment.

Jessica plodded into her room and sat on her bed. She was exhausted. She was just returning from Angel's parents house. She was extremely happy. She hasn't been so happy all her life. She couldn't believe that Angel could still return to them after everyone thought she was dead. She felt so much relief. Henry was still having fun with Jewel and Steven. She couldn't wait for him because she was very tired. She took off her shoe and walked to the bathroom to have a cool shower. She emerged from her bathroom few minutes later to see her phone ringing on her bed. She took the phone from her bed and realized it was an international call. She stared at the phone, wondering who could be calling her. After staring silently at her phone for a while, She answered the call.

"hello" she said.

"hello Jessica. How are you?" the caller asked, happily.

"I'm fine. Please who is this?" Jessica asked.

"it's me, Lucy, your cousin." She responded, happily.

"wow!" Jessica exclaimed.
"Lucy, is this really you?"

"yes o, it's me" Lucy responded.

"wow Lucy! how are you?" Jessica asked.

"I'm fine and you?" Lucy asked.

"I'm very fine" Jessica responded.

"I'm glad to hear that" Lucy said.

"it's been a long time" Jessica said.

"yes, three years already" Lucy responded.

Jessica's mood suddenly changed.

"Lucy, you know I'm angry with you. You promised to keep in touch with me when you get to the U.S, but you never did. You never called me all these years until now" Jessica said.

"I'm very sorry about that. It wasn't my fault that I couldn't call you all these while. You know that the main reason why my parents had to force me to come live with them in the U.S is because, they realized we were still communicating, after what happened. They shut all means of communication when I got to the U.S. That's why I haven't called you all these while" Lucy explained.

Even though Jessica and Lucy had been very close to each other right from their university days, same couldn't be said for their parents. Their parents had been at loggerheads for many years. Both families had been having serious issues for many years which had led to several court case, but Jessica and Lucy didn't allow that to affect their relationship. They kept being friends despite the problem their parents were having. While Lucy parents were extremely rich, and were based in the U.S, same couldn't be said for Jessica's parents who were just civil servants. Lucy had earlier rejected her parents decision for her to study abroad. She had applied in the same university with her cousin, Jessica, but when her parents got to know that she was still keeping in touch with Jessica, they had forcefully took her to the U.S to complete her study there. And that was where she had been ever since. She and Jessica had lost contact and had never spoken since then until Lucy called.

"So Lucy, how is things over there?" Jessica asked, with her phone still placed on her ear.

"I won't say everything is fine" Lucy responded.

"what happened?" Jessica asked.

"you won't believe what I'm going through right now" Lucy responded.

"what happened? Lucy talk to me" Jessica said, curiously.

"I'm about to get married to a guy I have never met or seen before. My parents had already arranged everything without informing me" Lucy responded, sadly.

"how is that possible? please explain everything to me" Jessica said.

"for some time now, my dad's business hasn't been performing well. The business is gradually becoming insolvent. He had already agreed to merge his company with another company. The only way the merger will be possible is if I get married to the vice president of the other company, who happens to be the chairman of the company's grandson" Lucy responded, sadly.

"this is serious. Are you saying that your parents are planning to marry you off to someone you have never met or seen in order to save their company" Jessica said.

"yes o. they want to marry me off to a guy I don't know" Lucy responded.

"so what will you do? What are your plans? Are you going to accept that? " Jessica asked.

"It is not like I have a choice. As we speak now, everything had already being decided on. We will be returning back to the country any moment from now for the introduction. The guy in question is there in the country, managing his grandpa's company, but the grandpa is here with us in the U.S, and he had agreed to a merger after I marry his grandson." Lucy responded.

"so your parents are willing to sacrifice your happiness just to save their company. So they will allow you go into a marriage they know you might not be happy in" Jessica said.

"what can I do. My only prayers now is that the guy won't be someone that will make my life miserable. I just pray he is someone nice and loving. At least, that way, I will learn to love him also" Lucy responded.

"does the guy in question know about this planned marriage?" Jessica asked.

"I don't know. I have never seen him and he hasn't seen me also. We will be seeing each other for the first time when I return to the country" Lucy responded.

"I pray you find happiness in your marriage" Jessica said.

"that's my prayer too." Lucy responded.
"okay, enough about me. Tell me about yourself. Are you dating anyone? do you have a boyfriend?"

"I just don't have a boyfriend. I have a fiancé" Jessica responded.

"wow! Jessica you are already engaged" Lucy said.

"yes o, I'm engaged to the love of my life" Jessica responded, happily.

"so tell me, who is the lucky guy?" Lucy asked.

"Henry" Jessica responded.

"which Henry?" Lucy asked.

"Henry, our course mate at the university" Jessica responded.

"wow! you don't mean it. Jessica, are you serious?" Lucy asked.

"yes dear. I'm serious" Jessica responded.

"wow! that means you guys would have been dating for a long time" Lucy said.

"yes o" Jessica responded.

"why didn't I notice this when we were at the university. I only see you guys as friends back then" Lucy said.

"don't mind Henry. It took him years to see the green light I was showing him" Jessica responded.

"we have a lot to talk about. We will continue when I finally return to the country." Lucy said.

"okay dear. Please return already. I have missed you a lot." Jessica said.

"I have missed you too. I will talk to you later" Lucy said.

"okay dear" Jessica responded.

"see you soon" Lucy said.

"see you too" Jessica responded and ended the call.

She stared at her phone screen with her face curved in a smile.

2 Likes

Re: When Love Speaks by Olusholasimon(m): 2:30am On Jan 17, 2019
I just hope Jewel is not the man Lucy's parents are planning for her.
Hmmmmm, how will Angel react ?

Infant, more ink to your pen
Re: When Love Speaks by Olusholasimon(m): 2:33am On Jan 17, 2019
I just hope Jewel is not the man Lucy's parents are planning for her.
Hmmmmm, how will Angel react ?
Infant, more ink to your pen
Re: When Love Speaks by Ann2012(f): 2:48am On Jan 17, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by decent101(m): 5:06am On Jan 17, 2019
hmmmmm!!!
Re: When Love Speaks by Asek1(m): 5:41am On Jan 17, 2019
Another one coming up for Jewel undecided
But why
Re: When Love Speaks by Adebayow222(m): 6:39am On Jan 17, 2019
if not jewel den who
Re: When Love Speaks by elclassical(m): 6:40am On Jan 17, 2019
i smell another trouble coming #jewel av been through alot already #anyways thanks 4 d update infant
Re: When Love Speaks by Light1259: 7:07am On Jan 17, 2019
I see things going wrong for Angel and Jewel again grandpa had chosen a wife for him hope what happened to Jewel father don't repeat again. Lucy will be happier her dream man her longtime crush was the said man. I see another Jane and Daniel again.

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by Eaglernorwich(m): 7:52am On Jan 17, 2019
The story is getting to an end,so i think it will be Francis and not Jewel so that everything will go well
Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 8:22am On Jan 17, 2019
Lucy wed jewel, ko le work... E can't work..
Re: When Love Speaks by skubido(m): 9:02am On Jan 17, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 17, 2019
I said it!!! Another wahala on the way
Hope jewel won't end up like his parents sha
Re: When Love Speaks by Simeonalvez(m): 10:21am On Jan 17, 2019
I smell trouble... My heart is pounding very fast

Thanks for d update Infant
Re: When Love Speaks by izaray(f): 11:35am On Jan 17, 2019
Another trouble loading
Re: When Love Speaks by Treasure17(m): 12:19pm On Jan 17, 2019
I guess Lucy was the one crushing on Jewel at the uni. I just hope the next trouble for Jewel via his grandpa will not choke him this time. Good one infant.
Re: When Love Speaks by Toyeebah04(f): 4:06pm On Jan 17, 2019
I think history is repeating itself
Re: When Love Speaks by Treasure17(m): 8:54pm On Jan 17, 2019
Congratulations infant for being the best writer for the month of December. grin
Re: When Love Speaks by CaptnSelfless(m): 10:54pm On Jan 17, 2019
Oh no.... why always JEWEL
Re: When Love Speaks by GreatAmmy(f): 11:59pm On Jan 17, 2019
Chai! Jewel And Angek Are Ment To Fight For Their Love.
Re: When Love Speaks by Olusholasimon(m): 7:37am On Jan 18, 2019
Jewel will have to choose between Angel's love or marry Lucy & gain his grandfather's wealth.
But, Angel might be sack too(she works in grandfather's company)

I hope it is not just JEWEL ooooooooooo
Re: When Love Speaks by zuko435: 7:41am On Jan 18, 2019
It's so obvious that it's Jewel.
So please INFANT
Can u make dis story more tensed
By
*making jessica take side with lucy
*sacking Angel from work
*disowning Jewel....

We can make d story last for 2yrs

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by PrudySara(f): 11:51am On Jan 18, 2019
This grandson , I hope it isn't Jewel o..
Re: When Love Speaks by taymiepearl: 1:17pm On Jan 18, 2019
I had to join nairaland forum bcus of this epic story.. keep it up �

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by myk30(m): 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2019
jewel u better pray against generational curse
Re: When Love Speaks by John944: 2:00pm On Jan 18, 2019
The fight for love has finally begun!
Re: When Love Speaks by John944: 2:12pm On Jan 18, 2019
Bless you! @infant
Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 2:31pm On Jan 18, 2019
This episode is dedicated to me and my birthday mate, izaray.

Guys, it's our birthday. Wish us well.

Episode 73

It was a new day. Jewel stretched lazily on his bed and reluctantly sat up. He was having a headache, as a result of the excess drink he had at Angel parents' house. He had retired to his grandpa's mansion after a great night at Angel parents' place. Angel had decided to spend the night at her parents' house. He got home very late and immediately went to bed after having his bath. He stretched once more and stood up from his bed to begin the day's activities.

"today is going to be a great day" he said and walked to the bathroom to freshen up.

He emerged from his bathroom minutes later and sat on his bed. He picked up his phone from his bed and dialed Angel's number. He just wanted to hear her voice.

"my Jewel" Angel's voice sounded at the other end.

"hey, my Angel. Good morning" Jewel greeted.

"good morning my Jewel" Angel responded.

"how was your night?" Jewel asked.

"peaceful. I slept like a baby. I haven't had such a peaceful sleep in a while now." Angel responded.

"I could imagine" Jewel said.
"should we go out for lunch today?"

"no need to go out. I'm about returning to my apartment. Just come to my place let's have lunch together in my house. I will prepare lunch" Angel responded.

"okay, that will be nice. That way, I can spend time with you" Jewel said.

"yes, my Jewel. I want to spend quality time with you too. I miss you so much" Angel responded.

"I will just dress up and start coming already" Jewel said.

"I will be waiting, my Jewel" Angel responded.

"okay baby, see you soon" Jewel said and ended the call.

He dressed up, took his shoes and walked to the sitting room. He sat on the sofa and put on his shoes. A knock sounded on his door few minutes later. The door opened almost immediately and Steven walked in. He walked straight to meet Jewel and shook hands with him.

"you had too much to drink last night. I hope you are okay?" Steven asked and sat down beside him on the sofa.

"yes, I'm fine now" Jewel responded.

"since everything has been resolved now, and things had gone back to normal. I think it's proper to discuss business." Steven said.

"yes, I was even about to tell you that I will be assuming office as the vice president of the company from next week." Jewel responded.

"wow! that's great then" Steven said.

"so, what do you want to discuss with me?" Jewel asked.

"my personal assistant just resigned. I will need a new personal assistant. My problem now is how to get a personal assistant that is as trustworthy as my previous one within a short period of time" Steven said.

"there will be no need looking for another personal assistant. Just make Ella your personal assistant" Jewel responded.

"which Ella?" Steven asked.

"the Ella that once worked as a cleaner in the company. She is trustworthy" Jewel responded.

"sorry, I can't make her my personal assistant?" Steven said.

"why?" Jewel asked.

"I don't work closely with ladies. Not after my sour experience with them. They are not to be trusted. They can ruin one's life in a space of some seconds. I need a male assistant" Steven responded.

"I don't know about whatever experience you might have had in the past, but you shouldn't judge everyone else based on that. Just because you have encountered ladies in the past who broke your trust, doesn't mean every other lady will do the same. I can assure you that Ella is trustworthy. I might not have known her for a long time, but the few times I have been with her, she has proven to be trustworthy" Jewel said.

"making her my personal assistant means I will have to see her face everyday at work. I will have to put up with her irritating attitude each day at work. I really don't need that kind of stress in my life right now" Steven responded.

"you don't even know this lady very much, and you are already condemning her." Jewel said.

"that's because they are all the same" Steven responded.

"so, what will you say about my Angel?" Jewel asked.

"you are just fortunate to have found a lady like that" Steven responded.

"that's the point. If you haven't known her, you would have condemned her also. Do not judge people based on your past experience. Moreover, this is a business decision and nothing more. You should learn to separate business from your personal life" Jewel said.

"okay, you are the boss. Since you say I should make her my personal assistant, I will do as you say. Who am I to object" Steven responded.

"I just know she is perfect for the job" Jewel said.

"I hope you are correct about her" Steven said.

"just watch and see" Jewel responded.

"if you say so" Steven said.

"I was about going out before you came. I'm going to Angel's apartment. We want to have lunch together" Jewel said.

"oh! let me start leaving then" Steven responded and stood up.

Jewel stood up also and they both left the sitting room.

Angel was already done preparing lunch. She had also set the dining for lunch. All she was waiting for is for Jewel to arrive so that they could eat. She sat in the sitting room waiting patiently for him. After sitting there for a while, she heard a knock on the door. She quickly rushed to see who was at the door. She opened the door and saw Jewel.

"my Jewel" she called and immediately hugged him.

"how are you, my Angel?" Jewel asked.

"I'm fine, my Jewel. please come in" she said and gave way for him to enter.

He entered and she led him to the dining.

"wow!" Jewel exclaimed when he saw different kind of food on the dining table.
"my Angel, you prepared all these?"

"yes, my Jewel. Please have a seat and let me serve you" Angel said.

Jewel sat down and she served him the food. She also served herself, and they ate silently. When they were done eating, Angel cleared the dining while Jewel went to sit in the sitting room. He focused his gaze on the T.V. Angel walked to meet him few minutes later.

"my Jewel, I will just go and freshen up." she said.

"okay" Jewel responded.

Angel walked to her room to freshen up, While Jewel fixed his gaze back on the programme he was watching.

After a while of sitting alone in the sitting room, Jewel heard footsteps and turned to see Angel walking seductively towards him. She just finished having her bath and water was dripping from her body. She was wearing a white shirt, which really didn't cover much. Jewel looked on in admiration as she approached him. Angel got to him and sat on his thighs. Without any preamble, she wrapped her hands around his shouder and immediately covered his lips with hers in a hungry kiss. Jewel responded and they kissed passionately. Angel took off his shirt and dropped it on the floor. Just as she tried to unzip his trousers, Jewel phone started vibrating beside him on the sofa. He ignored it at first, but when it continued vibrating, he suddenly stopped.

"let me switch off the phone" he said to Angel.

"okay" Angel responded and stood up from his thighs.

Jewel took the phone on the sofa to switch it off, only to realize that the call was from his grandpa.

"sorry my Angel. I have to pick this call. It's from my grandpa." Jewel said and immediately stood up.

"okay, go ahead and answer the call." Angel responded.

He answered the call immediately

"grandpa!" he called, happily.

"Jewel, how are you?" his grandpa's voice sounded at the other end.

"I'm fine grandpa." Jewel responded.

"where are you now?" his grandpa asked.

"I'm at home" Jewel responded.

"okay, I just arrived the country. I'm at the airport right now, and will be heading straight home" his grandpa said.

Jewel stared at his phone screen once more to realize that his grandpa was calling with his local number.

"wow grandpa! you are back to the country. I'm coming straight to the airport to pick you up." Jewel said, happily.

"no need for that. I have already sent for my driver" his grandpa responded.

"okay grandpa. I will be waiting for you at home." Jewel said.

"okay, I'm coming. We have a lot to discuss" his grandpa said.

"I also have a lot to tell you, grandpa" Jewel responded.

"we will discuss when I get back then" his grandpa said.

"okay grandpa" Jewel responded and ended the call.

He turned to face Angel immediately.

"grandpa is back to the country. You will finally meet my grandpa. I will finally introduce you to my grandpa as the love of my life." Jewel said, happily.

"wow! I can't wait to meet your grandpa" Angel responded, happily.

"my Angel, I need to rush back home. I need to be at home to welcome my grandpa" Jewel said.

"okay my Jewel. you can go ahead" Angel responded.

Jewel picked up his shirt from the floor and wore it back. He planted a kiss on Angel's lips and left the house immediately.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Love Speaks by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 18, 2019
Wahala dey. Thanks for the update
Happy birthday Infant and Izaray.. All the best

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by JiffJim: 2:57pm On Jan 18, 2019
happy birthday Ejeh Emmanuel aka infant wish u all the best life has to offer. God bless you richly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (62) (Reply)

Hidden Diamonds / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) / Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.