Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (92853 Views)

Memoirs From Chile / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nig4Greatness: 5:56am On May 13, 2018
princfred:
Babe, am in love with how you think. Please were dey de meet people like for real life for urgent marriage lol even if na your sister abeg. Am single and searching for someone of your mental spec. I promise to be humble, hardworking, loyal and faithful if positively considered.. grin
@OP......Pls come and see one of your ardent followers and admirers(another lazy Nigeria youth ..lol),(the likes that want to reap where they did not sow)).openly proposing to you o,it would be nice if you can accept on time so as to take him out of his misery...LMAO!!!....abeg na joke o.

6 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by princfred(m): 7:01am On May 13, 2018
Nig4Greatness:
@OP......Pls come and see one of your ardent followers and admirers(another lazy Nigeria youth ..lol),(the likes that want to reap where they did not sow)).openly proposing to you o,it would be nice if you can accept on time so as to take him out of his misery...LMAO!!!....abeg na joke o.
First, am not a lazy Nigerian youth like you and Buharis children. Then am not in misery. Then her taking me out or not is not the point. The point is that I love the way she reasons. And yes help me beg her to accept my application. And stop thinking like a fowl by talking about reaping and sowing as am very willing to start sowing into the life of the op right away if thats what it takes .Its rare to find sensible humble women these days and i appreciate one enough when i see her to apply. Abi are you jealous? grin If you dont know better woman, me i know them by the way they reason.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nig4Greatness: 7:33am On May 13, 2018
theamerican:
For those who have never traveled before and are unsure about what life really is abroad, I may not be able to tell you a lot about other countries but I can speak for myself here and what my experience has been. See, you may not understand the little things that make life worth living until you actually live in (not just visit) a very developed country.

The deal breaker for me is the violation of rights. Some people don't even know their rights not to talk of fighting back when they've been violated. No amount of money I make can make up for that and that's the main reason living here is a win for me. I can't mistakenly hit a soldier's car and start praying for death.

You see me driving an expensive car. Without any proof, you assume the source of my wealth is fraudulent. You stop me and ask to provide my ID, I give it to you, you say "let's go to our station" for absolutely NO freaking reason? I try to call my lawyer, you seize my phone and prevent me from reaching out to people. I didn't break any law, my crime is just driving an expensive car? Lol... you're looking for trouble.

I can sue anybody's father here for any nonsense grin. I don't have to suffer because of anyone's incompetence, recklessness, or stupidity.
This seems a good start but even at that, fundamental human rights as you are trying to say is subjective,remember what constitutes a human rights violations in the US may not be the same let's say in a country like Russia or Nigeria.even the UN resolutions on human rights is not binding on all countries.the reason every country operates their own laws.

3 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by peacengine(m): 8:03am On May 13, 2018
theamerican:
For those who have never traveled before and are unsure about what life really is abroad, I may not be able to tell you a lot about other countries but I can speak for myself here and what my experience has been. See, you may not understand the little things that make life worth living until you actually live in (not just visit) a very developed country.

The deal breaker for me is the violation of rights. Some people don't even know their rights not to talk of fighting back when they've been violated. No amount of money I make can make up for that and that's the main reason living here is a win for me. I can't mistakenly hit a soldier's car and start praying for death.

You see me driving an expensive car. Without any proof, you assume the source of my wealth is fraudulent. You stop me and ask to provide my ID, I give it to you, you say "let's go to our station" for absolutely NO freaking reason? I try to call my lawyer, you seize my phone and prevent me from reaching out to people. I didn't break any law, my crime is just driving an expensive car? Lol... you're looking for trouble.

I can sue anybody's father here for any nonsense grin. I don't have to suffer because of anyone's incompetence, recklessness, or stupidity

The late 2 PAC said "Penitentiary is fat and it's filled with blacks. You've got to learn to hold your own they get jealous when they see you with your mobile phone. They can't touch this when they rush I burst this, my mamma didn't raise no fool" He was talking about Police and oppression against blacks in US which is still happening today. Black young males are profiled all the time, so what's the difference with Sars?
#Blacklivesmatter# grin
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 8:28am On May 13, 2018
Nig4Greatness:
This seems a good start but even at that, fundamental human rights as you are trying to say is subjective,remember what constitutes a human rights violations in the US may not be the same let's say in a country like Russia or Nigeria.even the UN resolutions on human rights is not binding on all countries.the reason every country operates their own laws.

You're right, it's a good start. grin
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by princfred(m): 11:13am On May 13, 2018
peacengine:

The late 2 PAC said "Penitentiary is fat and it's filled with blacks. You've got to learn to hold your own they get jealous when they see you with your mobile phone. They can't touch this when they rush I burst this, my mamma didn't raise no fool" He was talking about Police and oppression against blacks in US which is still happening today. Black young males are profiled all the time, so what's the difference with Sars?
#Blacklivesmatter# grin
Black on black homicide is soo high. Hence, the high suspicion of blacks and resultant profiling. Its just like Mexicans being suspected to be MS-13 gangs or drug dealers due to soo many of them in that gang or trade.

2 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 13, 2018
iRyan:
A slum in Africa

Wow.... shocked
I can't even begin to think about how......
Mercy....
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 13, 2018
iRyan:
A slum in the U.S

You hit the nail on the head with this one!

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 13, 2018
Interesting thread.. good reads!
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 6:09pm On May 13, 2018
Some people will argue and praise Nigeria, lash out at people abroad, laugh at them all they want and beat their chest, saying there's no place like home. When the argument's over, and everyone logs out of Nairaland, we know who's cursing NEPA, getting mad at neighbor's gen, being locked out by landlord for getting home past 10, or being spat on on their way home while inside danfo.

I was in the dark for almost two decades of my life. I believed in Nigeria and used the "those developed countries didn't get there overnight" argument to delude myself into thinking things would get better. Now, I've decided not to bother. I would believe it if there was proof to show the country's going in the right direction.

To those of you enjoying in good countries and coming here to deceive the gullible ones into thinking there's nothing special where you are and there's nothing different, lol. God is watching you as you are making plans to get that permanent residency/citizenship haha.

A question keeps bugging me. At what point do immigrants decide/find out Nigeria is better than where they migrate to? Is it before applying for visa? During the interview? when they first arrive? First few months? Years? Before applying for permanent residency? Before getting citizenship? After citizenship? When their ridiculous expectations have not been met?

At what point is it too late to go back home where things are better? I'll tell you: NO POINT. The conscious decision to keep staying and deceiving oneself is just laughable hypocrisy.

A footballer like Leon Britton spent almost all his life playing for Swansea city. He loves it there, he's one of their own. He has all he wants and can visit any stadium in the world. He's free to say "I don't see any reason going to any other club BECAUSE Swansea city are a better club than Real Madrid?". He can say it passionately and even get praised for it but in his heart, he knows how stupid the statement is. He might even reject a world record transfer to Madrid to earn astronomical wages.

In the end, it's fair to him to remain at Swansea and be happy, same way it's ok to remain in Nigeria and be happy. Don't just delude yourself into thinking Nigeria is a match when we're talking about world superpowers in terms of development, same way Britton wouldn't delude himself into thinking Swansea are better than Real Madrid. As long as everyone's happy.

smiley

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by TheEnforcer: 6:34pm On May 13, 2018
theamerican:
Some people will argue and praise Nigeria, lash out at people abroad, laugh at them all they want and beat their chest, saying there's no place like home. When the argument's over, and everyone logs out of Nairaland, we know who's cursing NEPA, getting mad at neighbor's gen, being locked out by landlord for getting home past 10, or being spat on on their way home while inside danfo.

I was in the dark for almost two decades of my life. I believed in Nigeria and used the "those developed countries didn't get there overnight" argument to delude myself into thinking things would get better. Now, I've decided not to bother. I would believe it if there was proof to show the country's going in the right direction.

To those of you enjoying in good countries and coming here to deceive the gullible ones into thinking there's nothing special where you are and there's nothing different, lol. God is watching you as you are making plans to get that permanent residency/citizenship haha.

A question keeps bugging me. At what point do immigrants decide/find out Nigeria is better than where they migrate to? Is it before applying for visa? During the interview? when they first arrive? First few months? Years? Before applying for permanent residency? Before getting citizenship? After citizenship? When their ridiculous expectations have not been met?

At what point is it too late to go back home where things are better? I'll tell you: NO POINT. The conscious decision to keep staying and deceiving oneself is just laughable hypocrisy.

A footballer like Leon Britton spent almost all his life playing for Swansea city. He loves it there, he's one of their own. He has all he wants and can visit any stadium in the world. He's free to say "I don't see any reason going to any other club BECAUSE Swansea city are a better club than Real Madrid?". He can say it passionately and even get praised for it but in his heart, he knows how stupid the statement is. He might even reject a world record transfer to Madrid to earn astronomical wages.

In the end, it's fair to him to remain at Swansea and be happy, same way it's ok to remain in Nigeria and be happy. Don't just delude yourself into thinking Nigeria is a match when we're talking about world superpowers in terms of development, same way Britton wouldn't delude himself into thinking Swansea are better than Real Madrid. As long as everyone's happy.

smiley
The American,you are absolutely amazing.What's more can I say?I believe anyone who moves abroad and works hard one will come good with time.No doubt about that.And you have handled the debate here pretty remarkably well.There's a guy here on Nairaland who attacks the first worlds countries especially the USA.He says most immigrants in the USA are slaving away and that Sudan is even better than the USA.I can bet he has never travelled out before.I wanna ask you,what are your thoughts about Nigerians who visit,change status and then naturalize via some route?

4 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by TheEnforcer: 6:36pm On May 13, 2018
theamerican:

smiley
The American,you are absolutely amazing.What's more can I say?I believe anyone who moves abroad and works hard one will come good with time.No doubt about that.And you have handled the debate here pretty remarkably well.There's a guy here on Nairaland who attacks the first worlds countries especially the USA.He says most immigrants in the USA are slaving away and that Sudan is even better than the USA.I can bet he has never travelled out before.I wanna ask you,what are your thoughts about Nigerians who visit,change status and then naturalize via some route?Theres even a thread here about a guy who did so via marriage.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 7:17pm On May 13, 2018
TheEnforcer:

The American,you have handled the debate here pretty remarkably well. There's a guy here on Nairaland who attacks the first worlds countries especially the USA. He says most immigrants in the USA are slaving away and that Sudan is even better than the USA.

I wanna ask you,what are your thoughts about Nigerians who visit,change status and then naturalize via some route?

Thanks for the compliments. Regarding the person saying Sudan is better than the U.S., everyone is entitled to an opinion. That is all it is, an opinion. We know what the fact is. No country in Africa can hold a candle to the U.S., and to even suggest that is comical.

Slaving away? This is another mentality some people have. Looking down on people because of the nature of their job. You see a waiter/cleaner in a restaurant or someone who assists old people, and laugh at them for being slaves. A job is a job. So, the concept of slaving away is for a-holes. Nobody is forced to do a job they don't wanna do and you get paid for any job done.

Your last question. I support migration the legal way. As long as no crime is committed/law is broken, I have nothing against anyone's decisions. grin

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 13, 2018
One of the articles from mypocket app on my phone when researching foreign country friendly to the those who want to be self employed and the disadvantages of dual citizenship for some countries.
Read extract from the link below

Before you get that green card especially for those who want to be self employed or do freelancing as a way of life, make sure you know the countries that will be friendly to you in terms of taxes.

The only major nation that taxes its citizens (and green card holders) regardless of where they live is the United States. So long as you hold a U.S. passport or green card, the Internal Revenue Service wants it’s cut of your profits and capital gains.

Some lists of countries that tax citizens and legal residents on their worldwide income include Libya, North Korea, Eritrea and the Philippines. The tax systems of these countries are not well developed and data is limited.
The United States taxes all U.S. persons on their worldwide income. A U.S. person is a citizen, green card holder (who is a legal resident but not necessarily present in the United States), and residents. A resident is anyone who spends more than 183 days a year in the United States.

Read more here
http://premieroffshore.com/which-countries-tax-worldwide-income/

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 13, 2018
One of the limitations in my findings especially Africa is the limitation of a credit card system. Credit cards are good if used for business purposes.
A friend got a €40000 credit limit for a 36 month duration in Finland. Imagine if it was available here in Nigeria.
We are still a long way to go though an Australian man told me there are ways of tapping into the US credit card system from anywhere worldwide.
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Elxandre(m): 9:22pm On May 13, 2018
Nig4Greatness:
Most of the things you wrote out there are happening in those countries you dream about,so no system is perfect and no Country can provide adequate quality life for her citizens....the type you seek.there are many poor Americans too.
Make no mistake about it,the smart ones are those making things happen in Nigeria while the desperate ones bailing out as you said are those crying for survival.
Meanwhile,I spent most of my time in Nigeria as am currently doing and know everything that goes around there.
Remain there and keep complaining while the country keep making millionaires by the day.
This is the summary!

I am mostly sitting on the fence on this issue, but saying 4m is too small to start a business is quite unrealistic.

Personally anyways, I don't blame those who leave and those who stay.
As for me, the stress of integrating into a new society and culture, that you know nothing about the history and struggles of is really uncomfortable to me.
I often think African immigrants will be mostly viewed as desperadoes by Citizens by birth of those countries, but at the same time, the organised and sane system of things interests me a lot...

3 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 13, 2018
justwise:

It's deceiving to talk about German student visa without talking about money involved, people hear free education in Germany but it's not free because you need €8,700 to start with.

Yes I will discourage anybody who wants to travel illegally or travel with the wrong visa with the hope to live and work.

It cost nothing to be honest with people when giving opinion about what is obtainable abroad.

_€8700, visa application fees plus flight money is almost 4m naira and I'm not sure many posting here have that figure resting in their bank accounts

Absolutely, EgunMogaji is the same way and I've been labelled as "enemy of progress" by some on here.

The truth is bitter. "Otito koro".

Many people make it successfully in Nigeria, many do so overseas.

Many people fail in Nigeria, many do so overseas.

In as long as no Nairalander is an Immigration Officer (okay okay I guess VO are Nairalanders now too), then anyone is free to pursue their own path. They can go ahead and lie their ways into foreign countries and commit felonious crimes on their first day on town.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

8 U.S. Code § 1324 - Bringing in and harboring certain aliens.

(a) Criminal penalties
(1)
(A) Any person who—
(i) knowing that a person is an alien, brings to or attempts to bring to the United States in any manner whatsoever such person at a place other than a designated port of entry or place other than as designated by the Commissioner, regardless of whether such alien has received prior official authorization to come to, enter, or reside in the United States and regardless of any future official action which may be taken with respect to such alien;
(ii) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, transports, or moves or attempts to transport or move such alien within the United States by means of transportation or otherwise, in furtherance of such violation of law;
(iii) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation;
(iv) encourages or induces an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law; or
(v)
(I) engages in any conspiracy to commit any of the preceding acts, or
(II) aids or abets the commission of any of the preceding acts,
shall be punished as provided in subparagraph (B).

(B) A person who violates subparagraph (A) shall, for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs—
(i) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i) or (v)(I) or in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), or (iv) in which the offense was done for the purpose of commercial advantage or private financial gain, be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both;
(ii) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), (iv), or (v)(II), be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both;
(iii) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i), (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) during and in relation to which the person causes serious bodily injury (as defined in section 1365 of title 18) to, or places in jeopardy the life of, any person, be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both; and
(iv) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i), (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) resulting in the death of any person, be punished by death or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, fined under title 18, or both.
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by MackyNaija(m): 10:37pm On May 13, 2018
theamerican:
Some people will argue and praise Nigeria, lash out at people abroad, laugh at them all they want and beat their chest, saying there's no place like home.

Your questions are thought provoking.
I have been following your thread for a while now and one thing I wish to say is irrespective of how much you make in Nigeria, please do not compare yourself with an 'average' Legal Nigerian in the US.

The stress and uncertainties associated with living in Nigeria is too much.
I had to port under unplanned circumstances and I am very glad I did.

12 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Absolutely, EgunMogaji is the same way and I've been labelled as "enemy of progress" by some on here.

The truth is bitter. "Otito koro".

Many people make it successfully in Nigeria, many do so overseas.

Many people fail in Nigeria, many do so overseas.

In as long as no Nairalander is an Immigration Officer (okay okay I guess VO are Nairalanders now too), then anyone is free to pursue their own path. They can go ahead and lie their ways into foreign countries and commit felonious crimes on their first day on town.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

8 U.S. Code § 1324 - Bringing in and harboring certain aliens.

(a) Criminal penalties
(1)
(A) Any person who—
(i) knowing that a person is an alien, brings to or attempts to bring to the United States in any manner whatsoever such person at a place other than a designated port of entry or place other than as designated by the Commissioner, regardless of whether such alien has received prior official authorization to come to, enter, or reside in the United States and regardless of any future official action which may be taken with respect to such alien;
(ii) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, transports, or moves or attempts to transport or move such alien within the United States by means of transportation or otherwise, in furtherance of such violation of law;
(iii) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation;
(iv) encourages or induces an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law; or
(v)
(I) engages in any conspiracy to commit any of the preceding acts, or
(II) aids or abets the commission of any of the preceding acts,
shall be punished as provided in subparagraph (B).

(B) A person who violates subparagraph (A) shall, for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs—
(i) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i) or (v)(I) or in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), or (iv) in which the offense was done for the purpose of commercial advantage or private financial gain, be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both;
(ii) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), (iv), or (v)(II), be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both;
(iii) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i), (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) during and in relation to which the person causes serious bodily injury (as defined in section 1365 of title 18) to, or places in jeopardy the life of, any person, be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both; and
(iv) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i), (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) resulting in the death of any person, be punished by death or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, fined under title 18, or both.

And in these days of ICE, shit has gotten real

2 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 11:29pm On May 13, 2018
MackyNaija:

Your questions are thought provoking.
I have been following your thread for a while now and one thing I wish to say is irrespective of how much you make in Nigeria, please do not compare yourself with an 'average' Legal Nigerian in the US.

The stress and uncertainties associated with living in Nigeria is too much.
I had to port under unplanned circumstances and I am very glad I did.

I'm glad you see the thread as worth following smiley I'm happy I ported too and I thank God daily. cheesy None of my children will go through the nonsense in Nigeria. The ones I feel sorry for are the ones who haven't been anywhere before and blindly defend the mediocrity in Nigeria. I wish they'd have the opportunity to go out and see what an organized society is.

May God help us all. smiley

9 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by fabyom: 11:32pm On May 13, 2018
I just find it ridiculous when a citizen calls his/her country shit hole. Who told you Nigeria govt. does not recognize excellence. Do you know how many Nigerians are studying abroad under a Federal govt scholarship. Yes we are not there yet but we will get there. Do not worry stay in another man's house and continue throwing stones to yours one day they will tell you/ your children that you are not one of them. I believe in the Nigerian project. Americans forefathers sacrificed for their country to be what it is today you guys do not wanna pay no price but want the good things of life. Enjoy your America we are enjoying our Nigeria. Please you can call your father's house shit hole. Hell no my country is not. Thank you. What is so special in America, I have been there. I find so much peace and happiness in my home, my country Nigeria. We shall stay here and make Naija great again.
America is this and that, why are you guys spoiling our name by seeking Asylum in Canada. If your America is soooo wonderful, nonsense!!!

3 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Beautyaddy: 11:43pm On May 13, 2018
theamerican:

I'm glad you see the thread as worth following smiley I'm happy I ported too and I thank God daily. cheesy None of my children will go through the nonsense in Nigeria. The ones I feel sorry for are the ones who haven't been anywhere before and blindly defend the mediocrity in Nigeria. I wish they'd have the opportunity to go out and see what an organized society is.

May God help us all. smiley

Dear, you'll be surprised that a number people have indeed visited other sane and organized countries but will still defend the mediocrity they experience and see in Nigeria. Why? It's because they either feel soo ashamed to accept the truth or they choose to remain in denial in order to keep their fragile sanity intact.

7 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by fabyom: 12:03am On May 14, 2018
Nobody is defending mediocrity. What I am asking you is what have you contributed to the greatness of Nigeria. All you know is you and your family to be comfortable, if that's how the Americans think you won't have no where to run to. What are you doing / have you done to make Nigeria a great country to live in. If you have not done anything worthwhile for the country you have no reason to condemn it. Period!!!

3 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by fabyom: 12:09am On May 14, 2018
I love my Naija cos it is my Jerusalem and I Abayomi shall eat the good in it. Ama running no where, we stay, we fight, we take it from those that seek it destruction. Victory shall be ours. In Jesus Mighty Name!!!!! Amen!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 12:33am On May 14, 2018
Nig4Greatness:

She's specifically talking about America.
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 12:35am On May 14, 2018
fabyom:
I just find it ridiculous when a citizen calls his/her country shit hole. Who told you Nigeria govt. does not recognize excellence. Do you know how many Nigerians are studying abroad under a Federal govt scholarship. Yes we are not there yet but we will get there. Do not worry stay in another man's house and continue throwing stones to yours one day they will tell you/ your children that you are not one of them. I believe in the Nigerian project. Americans forefathers sacrificed for their country to be what it is today you guys do not wanna pay no price but want the good things of life. Enjoy your America we are enjoying our Nigeria. Please you can call your father's house shit hole. Hell no my country is not. Thank you. What is so special in America, I have been there. I find so much peace and happiness in my home, my country Nigeria. We shall stay here and make Naija great again.
America is this and that, why are you guys spoiling our name by seeking Asylum in Canada. If your America is soooo wonderful, nonsense!!!

Because America will deport them but they can seek asylum in Canada.
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by CastedAyo: 12:49am On May 14, 2018
fabyom:
I love my Naija cos it is my Jerusalem and I Abayomi shall eat the good in it. Ama running no where, we stay, we fight, we take it from those that seek it destruction. Victory shall be ours. In Jesus Mighty Name!!!!! Amen!!

Why do you plan on taking your family abroad for visiting in December

7 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Slimszy: 1:55am On May 14, 2018
fabyom:
Nobody is defending mediocrity. What I am asking you is what have you contributed to the greatness of Nigeria. All you know is you and your family to be comfortable, if that's how the Americans think you won't have no where to run to. What are you doing / have you done to make Nigeria a great country to live in. If you have not done anything worthwhile for the country you have no reason to condemn it. Period!!!

This is a social contract, the fact that I have voted and abided by the ethics and ethos of the state is a fulfillment of my contract. It's now left for the govt to stick to her own contract (of being responsible to the populace) which it has continually failed over the years.

6 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 3:37am On May 14, 2018
Berliner1:
I always tell people, come here legally and u will regret staying in Nigeria.

I will rather say God bless Germany than mentioning Nigeria.

Going on europe tour as if you are going to Ikeja.

Access to free education, plenty student job( averagely €1500=650k per month after tax), many easy way to become a german citizen,free semester ticket( you can travel a whole state 247 without paying kobo.

From nursery school to PhD education in Germany is 100% free for everyone.

Plenty free loan if u want oo....atleast u can get a credit card upto 6k euro=2.5m naira without collateral even as a student, if you are working full time here, plenty loan u can access at a very very low rate from mortgage to car of any brand.

Please where can one get this in Nigeria?

Who ever tell you to stay back in Nigeria is your village member holding u back.

Theres no comparism between heaven and hell fire.

God bless Germany.

Going on world tour in December, any europe based dude interest in co ride can holla.

Greetings from the Capital of Europe(Berlin)

May GOD continue to bless u sir, Pls help me Ooooh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nig4Greatness: 4:36am On May 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

She's specifically talking about America.
Which part of her post did you read??..am sure you only read the part that appealed to you.I will suggest you go read that post again.
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 4:43am On May 14, 2018
orimahspence:

You even mention road!!!
Mediocrity seems to be eating deep into you

Are you aware of the recent shameful altercation between Lalung and Dalong, Governor and Minister of Sports respectively, both from Plateau State. Visiting the state, President Buhari had “commissioned” a bridge which, according to the minister, was built by Goodluck Jonathan. Unaware Buhari had been misled to that appropriation by the governor, says Dalung.

Look here bro, A bridge, in other words, a road. Roads are nothing, except in insane, pathetic nations. Roads occupy the bottom of civilization, achieved without a puff by the ancestors of serious nations. Animals build roads, little roads that serve their own mobility and economic designs—without fanfare of course. Roads! Nobody “commissions” roads anywhere among decent nations in 2018. At nearly 60 years of self-governance, sensible leadership would ordinarily build roads quietly and with utmost modesty, in order not to alert the world that we are still trying to cut tarred paths on the ground—not subways, not automated bridges. Sensible leadership, that is.

And look at that vain, empty coinage—“commission”. Grand, noisy, foolish. Grammatically wrong, it was looted from decent vocabulary to serve the vanity of Nigerian pompous officialdom. “Commission” has nothing to do with roads.

In 2018, two Nigerian leaders are fighting on top of shit. 100 years from now, we will still be building roads because, a year from now, that contested road will have gone bad while a thousand others are yet awaiting their turns at construction. 100 years from now, we will still be putting colourful tapes around “Round-Abouts”, clicking cameras to capture the pathetic smiles of dystopian leadership. 100 years from now, someone will call our children “Shithole” dwellers—and they will kick!

Meanwhile , look at this new beautiful highway constructed by a local government in Hubei Province , which opened to traffic on Sunday, is being hailed online as one of the most beautiful road in China. Around 4.4 kilometers of the 10.9-kilometer-long Guzhao Highway is built over water.

The local government spent nearly 440 million yuan (around 70 million US dollars) to build the highway, to connect remote villages with the outside world without damaging the natural environment,

When will this happen here?

Oh Almighty GOD!!! Pls I'm tired.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (38) (Reply)

Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) / Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri / Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.