Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,191 members, 7,953,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:05 PM

Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (95724 Views)

Memoirs From Chile / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by taskcompleteng: 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
theamerican:
I almost forgot about the thread lol. I've been busy as my newly discovered part-time job has taken control of my spare time. Making an extra $500+ weekly has been a welcome experience.

Show me the way boss too
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Basiljoe: 6:50pm On Jul 29, 2018
AngelicBeing:
My cousin from my mother's side moved back to Nigeria from the West, since his arrival, he has not been able to find his feet, he came back with several professional certifications and cash to setup a business, everything went down the drain, as I post this article, he is leaving finally back to the West and he has vowed never ever to step his foot in Nigeria, l don't blame him, Nigeria is beyond redemption, those who have ears should hear, if you are not as rich as Dangote, Otedola and all the useless criminal politicians that have stolen generational wealth in Nigeria, don't dream of coming back to this dead country called Nigeria, , those who want to be patriotic can continue but for me, Nigeria is a useless shithole jungle fit only for pigs to live, nonsense grin

4 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 11:52pm On Jul 29, 2018
Tunmise100:
@theamerican You inspired me with ur thread. Will be coming over for my masters program nxt month. See ya in Trump's land.

I'm glad I did and I hope you enjoy your stay here.
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 11:54pm On Jul 29, 2018
MamaTF:
Hi, please how can i reach you? Sent you a pm though. Just need to ask you somethings, my younger sister lives and works in dallas as well, she came in for her masters about two years ago. Please i would appreciate if i can reach you. Thanks

Ok. I will try to check that email tonight and reply the pm. Please make your questions concise so I can try to provide answers at a time.
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 11:55pm On Jul 29, 2018
RayJinble:

How long do i have to stay for to be a US citizen abeg

It all depends on the path you're taking to citizenship. It's between 3 years and infinity. Without more information, it's difficult to predict. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by baggyman212(m): 9:51am On Jul 30, 2018
Please how many days does it take to receive I 20 from the USA via ups
DEGABA:
Nigeria is a fail state and i regret not taking the opportunity of moving out in 2003,now wt kids and wifey wt the present situation of the economy am stuck.
If you are in your twenties now and have the opportunity,pls move out so you wont regret.
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by baggyman212(m): 9:54am On Jul 30, 2018
theamerican:

It all depends on the path you're taking to citizenship. It's between 3 years and infinity. Without more information, it's difficult to predict. smiley
what do I have to know about the USA interview, because I am presently waiting for my I 20.
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by baggyman212(m): 9:57am On Jul 30, 2018
AngelicBeing:
My cousin from my mother's side moved back to Nigeria from the West, since his arrival, he has not been able to find his feet, he came back with several professional certifications and cash to setup a business, everything went down the drain, as I post this article, he is leaving finally back to the West and he has vowed never ever to step his foot in Nigeria, l don't blame him, Nigeria is beyond redemption, those who have ears should hear, if you are not as rich as Dangote, Otedola and all the useless criminal politicians that have stolen generational wealth in Nigeria, don't dream of coming back to this dead country called Nigeria, , those who want to be patriotic can continue but for me, Nigeria is a useless shithole jungle fit only for pigs to live, nonsense grin
you are very mean... �☺

3 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by AngelicBeing: 10:04am On Jul 30, 2018
baggyman212:
you are very mean... �☺
shocked

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Tunmise100(m): 3:07pm On Jul 30, 2018
baggyman212:
what do I have to know about the USA interview, because I am presently waiting for my I 20.

I will advice you to be a frequent reader of this thread. It will help you immensely.

https://www.nairaland.com/4225931/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Tunmise100(m): 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2018
baggyman212:
Please how many days does it take to receive I 20 from the USA via ups

I used UPS for the delivery of my i20. I got it in 3 working days and you can also trace your i20 from the UPS station in USA to Nigeria.

All the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by lillaowow(m): 10:48am On Jul 31, 2018
philip0906:

My friend, you never see life. You are just a young man with imaginary fantasies in his head. I will double 4 million naira bla bla bla...Men wey get empires dey retrench staff, companies with millions/billions in value are shutting down you are shouting upandan. Even the ones wey still dey survive, get solid plan B because e no sure for them- Dangote, Forte Oil e.t.c How much have you ever doubled? I mean tangible dough? If you don ever double, you for just dey double dey go na till you hammer or till your doubling reach the 4Milla na. You still dey use style dey find 4 milla to double-Nonsense! How much have you touched? I mean real money? You just dey yarn many many for this thread like say you don see life. Have you ever entered a plane and gone outside the shores of Nigeria but you are attacking people who have seen both sides of the coin. Even we wey don enter ordinary southy, no say difference dey.

You dey form inventor: "top secret". Yeye! youthfull exuberance dey do you. E go soon clear

I laughed so loud. This shi..t is funny grin
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by baggyman212(m): 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2018
Tunmise100:

I will advice you to be a frequent reader of this thread. It will help you immensely.

https://www.nairaland.com/4225931/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part

Thanks....
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by baggyman212(m): 7:44pm On Aug 06, 2018
baggyman212:

I am going for my masters programme.
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 06, 2018
iRyan:
Mexicans say hi. smiley

Not wanting to derail this awesome thread but, forgive me cause I'm not quite sure what you meant by the above statement?
Sorry if it was meant to be a joke, but I don't get it embarassed
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nig4Greatness: 11:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
So this thread has been on a ghost mode for some time now all thanks to the op who's busy living her "american dream" by taken up a second job.

As for my peeps in some part of Cali;por favor mantente seguro..
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by gees101(m): 4:54am On Aug 07, 2018
Mobilia:

Not wanting to derail this awesome thread but, forgive me cause I'm not quite sure what you meant by the above statement?
so na here u come hide abi?i don catch u
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2018
baggyman212:

I don't understand what you're asking but if it's school related, better to visit the thread for students.
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 2:30pm On Aug 07, 2018
I'm starting to think there's a different Nigeria for NLers on this thread. When you see stories on IG, Twitter, Facebook and compare to the testimonies of some people on here, it's like night and day.

See, if you're coming here to proclaim Nigeria as the land of opportunities, with milk and honey while in your heart you can't wait to get the opportunity to flee, you're deceiving yourself lol. If you truly like it there, I respect you and support your ministry. If not, get out of your ignorance and run for the sake of your future kids. They don't have to suffer for your ignorance.

There's no way in hell you'll live in the U.S legally without being lazy and not live a comfortable life. There are jobs everywhere and there's a lifestyle for every budget.

God bless America. smiley

10 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Tunmise100(m): 2:57pm On Aug 07, 2018
theamerican:
I'm starting to think there's a different Nigeria for NLers on this thread. When you see stories on IG, Twitter, Facebook and compare to the testimonies of some people on here, it's like night and day.

See, if you're coming here to proclaim Nigeria as the land of opportunities, with milk and honey while in your heart you can't wait to get the opportunity to flee, you're deceiving yourself lol. If you truly like it there, I respect you and support your ministry. If not, get out of your ignorance and run for the sake of your future kids. They don't have to suffer for your ignorance.

There's no way in hell you'll live in the U.S legally without being lazy and not live a comfortable life. There are jobs everywhere and there's a lifestyle for every budget.

On my way out already. Praise God!
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2018
Mobilia:

?
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nig4Greatness: 12:55am On Aug 08, 2018
theamerican:

No matter your hatred,Nigeria is moving on without you and there are some who would never follow your footsteps but choose to remain in the country cos that is where their own milk and honey are located.it's best when you respect whatever decisions individual make concerning their life as you already made yours.
So keep your dumb advice to yourself and stop insulting people intelligence here.

3 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 3:20am On Aug 08, 2018
Tunmise100:

On my way out already. Praise God!

Lucky you lol.
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 3:22am On Aug 08, 2018
Mobilia:

I think it meant Mexicans are more hardworking and/or resilient than Nigerians. That's what I inferred from the post.
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by princfred(m): 8:25am On Aug 08, 2018
Nig4Greatness:

No matter your hatred,Nigeria is moving on without you and there are some who would never follow your footsteps but choose to remain in the country cos that is where their own milk and honey are located.it's best when you respect whatever decisions individual make concerning their life as you already made yours.
So keep your dumb advice to yourself and stop insulting people intelligence here.
Which latrine this typical Nigerian goat come out from to spew sh*t on nice thread like this. She just wrote "If you truly like it there, I respect you and support your ministry" but as a dafti, your flawed sentimental bias and comprehension- ineptitude takes precedence over the fact before you. You have no business using intelligence in a sentence as thats an insult to intelligient people.
Ofcourse as a dullard, the truth the OP and others presents here convolates your sh*t filled brain.

If that cockroach IQ of yours is too low to appreciate her efforts at sheding light to matters then why not stop fuxking and sh*ting around the thread. Or you think you have the monopoly of graphic words to oppress a lady?

12 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by AngelicBeing: 9:02am On Aug 08, 2018
princfred:
Which latrine this typical Nigeria goat come out from to spew sh*t on nice thread like this. She just wrote "If you truly like it there, I respect you and support your ministry" but as a dafti, your flawed sentimental bias and comprehension- ineptitude takes precedence over the fact before you. You have no business using intelligence in a sentence as thats an insult to intelligient people.
Ofcourse as a dullard, the truth the OP and others presents here convolates your sh*t filled brain.

If that cockroach IQ of yours is too low to appreciate her efforts at sheding light to matters then why not stoping fuxking and sh*ting around the thread. Or you think you have the monopoly of graphic words to oppress a lady?
grin

6 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by princfred(m): 9:14am On Aug 08, 2018

5 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by theamerican(f): 9:51am On Aug 08, 2018
princfred:
Which latrine this typical Nigeria goat come out from to spew sh*t on nice thread like this. She just wrote "If you truly like it there, I respect you and support your ministry" but as a dafti, your flawed sentimental bias and comprehension- ineptitude takes precedence over the fact before you. You have no business using intelligence in a sentence as thats an insult to intelligient people.

If that cockroach IQ of yours is too low to appreciate her efforts at sheding light to matters then why not stoping fuxking and sh*ting around the thread. Or you think you have the monopoly of graphic words to oppress a lady?

Lmao! You must be really pissed. I've decided to only respond to people who know how to read, understand a point and counter-argue intelligently, without stooping low to insults. Don't let anybody spoil your day, just read and leave them lol.

10 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by peacengine(m): 9:52am On Aug 08, 2018
theamerican:
I'm starting to think there's a different Nigeria for NLers on this thread. When you see stories on IG, Twitter, Facebook and compare to the testimonies of some people on here, it's like night and day

There's no way in hell you'll live in the U.S legally without being lazy and not live a comfortable life
. There are jobs everywhere and there's a lifestyle for every budget.

Theamerican. You don't ave family here to give u update? No friends you left behind? Your sarcasm is obvious through ur writin, tone down a bit. Migrating legally is the ish. How many do u think can afford uni fees even citizens in US before u start thinking of Nija peeps. Many rich who do it have family interests in Nija, some do migrate buh not much, OBJ, Donald Duke, Otedola, Dangote, Igbenedion and many more secure their kids future down here to take over from them when they are gone. The ones you see there mostly are involved in marriage scams, over stay visit visa, many things like that. Some migrate legally especially average ones. Make it easy for us, U can start by marrying one of us to secure legal migration if u truly care so much. Post ur pix make we access u small.

2 Likes

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 08, 2018
Berliner1:
I always tell people, come here legally and u will regret staying in Nigeria.

I will rather say God bless Germany than mentioning Nigeria.

Going on europe tour as if you are going to Ikeja.

Access to free education, plenty student job( averagely €1500=650k per month after tax), many easy way to become a german citizen,free semester ticket( you can travel a whole state 247 without paying kobo.

From nursery school to PhD education in Germany is 100% free for everyone.please help me. I also want to travel out

Plenty free loan if u want oo....atleast u can get a credit card upto 6k euro=2.5m naira without collateral even as a student, if you are working full time here, plenty loan u can access at a very very low rate from mortgage to car of any brand.

Please where can one get this in Nigeria?

Who ever tell you to stay back in Nigeria is your village member holding u back.

Theres no comparism between heaven and hell fire.

God bless Germany.

Going on world tour in December, any europe based dude interest in co ride can holla.

Greetings from the Capital of Europe(Berlin)
Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 08, 2018
Berliner1:

Access to free education, plenty student job( averagely €1500=650k per month after tax), many easy way to become a german citizen,free semester ticket( you can travel a whole state 247 without paying kobo.

From nursery school to PhD education in Germany is 100% free for everyone.please help me. I also want to travel out

Please help me out of this shit hole
Plenty free loan if u want oo....atleast u can get a credit card upto 6k euro=2.5m naira without collateral even as a student, if you are working full time here, plenty loan u can access at a very very low rate from mortgage to car of any brand.

Who ever tell you to stay back in Nigeria is your village member holding u back.

God bless Germany.

Going on world tour in December, any europe based dude interest in co ride can holla.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 08, 2018
Berliner1:

Please help me out of this shit hole

God bless Germany.

please help me. I also want to travel out

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (38) (Reply)

Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. / The Strid At Bolton Abbey In UK Is One Of The World Most Dangerous Places (Pix) / Traveling To Mexico General Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.