Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

. - Politics (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (582384 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by nopains: 8:03am On Sep 20, 2018
investnow2013:
UMUCHU ORUMBA NORTH LGA OF ANAMBRA STATE

Wow this is beautiful, Umuchu Ala Nso my home town @investnow2013, pls correct yourself Umuchu is in Aguata lga.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Offpoint: 8:14am On Sep 20, 2018
DanielOc:

I am the great grand son of Great Onwuka the warrior(local, 1822.) Ezira, Orumba sth LGA, Anambra state...

I'm very passionate about my Tribesmen, so i take deep thought before commenting, in other not to derail this thread or going offpoint....

And My Dad(rip) is an unrecognized Biafran Veteran.......

Thanks....
at the bolded... which one come be my own there wey you dey hala my name put?
Re: . by AnambraDota: 8:15am On Sep 20, 2018
Chef2000:

We ard wasting so much money schooling outside Igbo land, schools like Babcock needs to be established in Igbo land, I know our big men can do this.

Equivalent of Babcock is in SE, Clifford University Aba is own by the Eastern Nigeria Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church.

The Mormons need to set up university too in Igboland like they did with Bingham Young University in the US.

The problem with Igboland businesses is media blackout and poor marketing strategies.
Do you know Tansian, Paul's, Madonna and Legacy Universities are in Anambra State but you can't stumble on their advert on the web or YouTube videos.

4 Likes

Re: . by EzeOnyembo: 8:29am On Sep 20, 2018
AnambraDota:

Equivalent of Babcock is in SE, Clifford University Aba is own by the Eastern Nigeria Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church.

The Mormons need to set up university too in Igboland like they did with Bingham Young University in the US.

The problem with Igboland businesses is media blackout and poor marketing strategies.
Do you know Tansian, Paul's, Madonna and Legacy Universities are in Anambra State but you can't stumble on their advert on the web or YouTube videos.
You are right but it seems our people will prefer going to Babcock in the west than to school in the one at Aba, I don't know if it is because of the quality of living or the quality of the school itself....
Re: . by micheal004: 8:31am On Sep 20, 2018
investnow2013:
UMUCHU ORUMBA NORTH LGA OF ANAMBRA STATE
Umuchu is in aguata not orumba.
Re: . by investnow2013: 8:39am On Sep 20, 2018
ORIENT GROUP @ POTTERS BUSINESS PARK UMUCHU TOWN IN AGUATA LGA OF ANAMBRA STATE

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by investnow2013: 8:42am On Sep 20, 2018
micheal004:

Umuchu is in aguata not orumba.
corrected thanks!

1 Like

Re: . by investnow2013: 9:10am On Sep 20, 2018
HONEYWELL HOTELS UMUCHU IN AGUATA LGA OF ANAMBRA STATE

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Victornezzar: 9:45am On Sep 20, 2018
Please we don't need hotels again.....It's getting too much

Hotels ain't part of development

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by IgboticGirl(f): 10:24am On Sep 20, 2018
investnow2013:
HONEYWELL HOTELS UMUCHU IN AGUATA LGA OF ANAMBRA STATE

Wat is all this hotels in a bush for

Y not hospital

Even with the poor architectural design ....stop posting hotels here

All the governors in South should ban building of hotel

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by raker300: 10:24am On Sep 20, 2018
Victornezzar:

so, if foreigners/investors come to visit his home town, they’ll sleep on the main road?

The man already has a hospital, church, courthouse etc

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by IgboticGirl(f): 10:29am On Sep 20, 2018
raker300:
so, if foreigners/investors come to visit his home town, they’ll sleep on the main road?

Come on is becoming too much and u know it
Re: . by Chri08102702694: 10:31am On Sep 20, 2018
What's wrong with the architectural design? Some of you illiterates that can't even feed ones a day will sit somewhere and talk down on someone's effort. This hotel is in what is considered a rural area but it beats some of the hotels in the urban areas even in Abuja.

You want to force someone to build what you want, why not build your own? What have you built in your life other than coming here everyday to spew rubbish.

IgboticGirl:

Y not hospitalEven with the poor architectural design ....stop posting hotels hereAll the governors in South should ban building of hotel

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by IgboticGirl(f): 10:32am On Sep 20, 2018
The only thing dat is booming in southeast is beerparlour and hotels ....and some fools are still encouraging it
Re: . by Abagworo(m): 10:32am On Sep 20, 2018
More from Dr Anyanwu's stroke and Neuroscience center.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by IgboticGirl(f): 10:34am On Sep 20, 2018
Chri08102702694:
What's wrong with the architectural design? Some of you illiterates that can't even feed ones a day will sit somewhere and talk down on someone's effort. This hotel is in what is considered a rural area but it beats some of the hotels in the urban areas even in Abuja.

You want to force someone to build what you want, why not build your own? What have you built in your life other than coming here everyday to spew rubbish.

Don't ever in ur life try and qoute me again before Amadioha strike u to death

Fool

Look for ur mate ediot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Chri08102702694: 10:34am On Sep 20, 2018
Why not start the change in your own Ebonyi state. Ebonyi is the least in education and human capital development in the entire southern Nigeria. What have you done about it in your state?

IgboticGirl:
The only thing date is booming in southeast is beerparlour and hotels ....and some fools are still encouraging it
Re: . by IgboticGirl(f): 10:35am On Sep 20, 2018
Abagworo:

Nice one ...this is wat we should be encouraging
Re: . by Chri08102702694: 10:37am On Sep 20, 2018
Thunder scatter you there. Amadioha strike you and every member of your family dead. Udene rie anu gi there.

Useless idiot.

IgboticGirl:

Don't ever in ur life try and qoute me again before Amadioha strike me to death FoolLook for ur mate ediot
Re: . by IgboticGirl(f): 10:39am On Sep 20, 2018
Health care and schools

Igbos should hear dat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Chri08102702694: 10:39am On Sep 20, 2018
The debt status of states in Nigeria have been revealed.

Most of the states’ debts exceeded 50 per cent of their annual revenues.

The debt profiles of about 18 states exceed their gross and net revenues by more than 200 per cent.

Lagos, Osun and Cross River states record over 480 per cent debt to gross revenue.

The Fiscal Responsibility Commission, FRC, stated this in its 2016 Annual Report obtained by Punch in Abuja on Monday.

It said that the debt may have increased by 2017 since there were no effort by the states to clear them.

FRC said the development was contrary to the guidelines of the Debt Management Office on debt sustainability.

The guidelines said that the debt status of each state should not exceed 50 per cent of the statutory revenue in the previous 12 months.

The report stated, “In the light of the DMO’s guidelines on the Debt Management Framework, specifically, sections 222 to 273 of the Investment and Securities Act, 2007 pertaining to debt sustainability, according to the guidelines, the debt to income ratio of states should not exceed 50 per cent of the statutory revenue for the preceding 12 months.”

An analysis presented in the FRC report, however, showed that most states flouted the directive.

In fact, the debt status of many states exceeded the debt to revenue ratio by more than 100 per cent. The analysis was based on the debt profile of the states as of December 31, 2016.

The states with the highest debt to gross revenue ratios were Lagos (670.42 per cent), Osun (539.25 per cent), Cross River (486.49 per cent), Plateau (342.01 per cent), Oyo (339.56 per cent), Ekiti (339.34 per cent), Ogun (329.47 per cent), Kaduna (297.26 per cent) and Imo (292.82 per cent).

Others were Edo (270.8 per cent), Adamawa (261.96 per cent), Delta (259.63 per cent), Bauchi (250.75 per cent), Nasarawa (250.36 per cent), Kogi (221.92 per cent), Enugu (207.49 per cent), Zamfara (204.91 per cent), and Kano (202.61 per cent).

The debt to net revenue ratio of the states put some of the states in even more precarious situations. The debt to net revenue of Lagos, for instance, is 930.96 per cent, while that of Cross River is 940.64 per cent.

The only states whose debt did not exceed the 50 per cent ratio by more than 100 per cent are Anambra, Borno, Jigawa, Kebbi, Sokoto, Yobe and the Federal Capital Territory.

The debt to revenue ratio is very important in debt analysis as it can give an indication of the capacity of the debtor to service and repay the debt.

However, the FRC noted that it should not be concluded that a state had over-borrowed because its debt to revenue ratio was more than 50 per cent.

The report stated, “It should be noted that the fact that some states exceeded the threshold of 50 per cent of their total revenue is not an indication that they over-borrowed as the debt limits of the governments in the federation are yet to be set.

“Furthermore, only total revenue is used for the foregoing analysis as comprehensive data on the states’ Internally Generated Revenue were not available. In any case, the IGR on the average is not more than eight per cent of the states’ total revenue except for Lagos State. In essence, the non-inclusion of the IGR may not distort the result of the analysis.

“Therefore, there is a need for each of these states to work towards bringing their respective consolidated debts within the 50 per cent threshold of their total revenue in order to guarantee a general public debt sustainability in the country.”
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/03/20/debt-status-36-states-nigeria-revealed-see-details/amp/

1 Like

Re: . by Chri08102702694: 10:41am On Sep 20, 2018
This is what should take the front table of discussion here. How some SE states amassed debt and did nothing with it but squandered it.
Re: . by EzeOnyembo: 10:42am On Sep 20, 2018
Abagworo:
This is good, biko nu Ndigbo kwenu ka aku unu rue ulo...
Re: . by Chri08102702694: 10:45am On Sep 20, 2018
This is where the real deal lies. Posters here should query their governors what they did with the whopping debt. You people should start asking the right questions and not sleeping here everyday and telling people what to build or not build.

Re: . by Chri08102702694: 10:47am On Sep 20, 2018
Everyone should check for his/her state in the list and start to query your leaders over what they actually did with all the debt they accumulated in your state with nothing to show.
Re: . by Victornezzar: 11:08am On Sep 20, 2018
raker300:

Smiles

.I meant the hotels in South east are way too much

Owerri alone has much
Re: . by investnow2013: 11:36am On Sep 20, 2018
Victornezzar:

This is part of a wider development in Potters Business park which includes Radio station, Newspapers/Printing press, Hotels,Agro industries,Plastic industry etc!
Re: . by raker300: 11:50am On Sep 20, 2018
Enugu mall

1 Like

Re: . by 4dankey: 12:07pm On Sep 20, 2018
DanielOc:

I am the great grand son of Great Onwuka the warrior(local, 1822.) Ezira, Orumba sth LGA, Anambra state...

I'm very passionate about my Tribesmen, so i take deep thought before commenting, in other not to derail this thread or going offpoint....

And My Dad(rip) is an unrecognized Biafran Veteran.......

Thanks....
Nwanne...... Never knew I could find my brother here. Also from Ezira in orumba south LGA.
Re: . by OreMI22: 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2018
IgboticGirl:

Y not hospital

Even with the poor architectural design ....stop posting hotels here

All the governors in South should ban building of hotel
^^^^^^
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Ban hotels kwa? Like we already have enough decent hotels? grin grin grin
But Dr Maduka just completed a world class medical center and he is gradually furnishing it to international standard.

Our people are extremists. Once you harp on a topic that tickles their fancy, they want EVERYTHING to become that. Believe me, I'm a nurse in the United States and i do know the importance of a modern and equipped medical center. But we lack EVERYTHING that we can hardly just focus on just one thing alone. It has to be a little of everything to address the massive need for every type of infrastructure that we desperately lack.

Don't worry, this craze about wanting every structure in Igboland to be hospital will soon pass.
Then someone will talk about schools, and again we will want all the hospitals converted into schools. Then someone will talk about factories, and we will want every residential flat converted into a factory.

Truth is that everything is important but with moderation. Every building cannot be a hotel or hospital or church depending on what we like to promote.

2 Likes

Re: . by DanielOc: 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2018
Offpoint:

at the bolded... which one come be my own there wey you dey hala my name put?

Apologies, didn't knw you bare such....
Re: . by DanielOc: 1:01pm On Sep 20, 2018
4dankey:

Nwanne...... Never knew I could find my brother here. Also from Ezira in orumba south LGA.

Wow....

I'm from Down Isle 'EKE Market', Ubaha....

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.