Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

. - Politics (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (586151 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 11:47pm On Sep 20, 2018
Nature at it's best. ..........

1 Like

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 11:50pm On Sep 20, 2018
This is Awka. Ngozika estate in Awka.
Ndi be anyi, dalu nu oo............ cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 12:01am On Sep 21, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

We keep on hearing few names of people that are staunch Igbos from SS. Most of these few names are old people, hence, they will soon be history.
Meanwhile, most of the youths dont think they are Igbos. Nobody told them.
Meaning that even the old ones that come to Ohaneze meetings don't teach their children anything, what's the point, if not politics? .

During my first year, everybody in the room was telling a girl of 23 that she is Igbo, just that she is from Delta. This girl vehemently argued she wasn't one. She called her dad to clear the air and 'boastfully' put her phone on loudspeaker so that her dad will educate everyone in the room and shut them up .
Her father said they are Igbos....

Remembering that argument now, the question is, " did that man actually keep that away from the kid till 23?"
Did he even say that they are Igbos cos I remember the girl pre-informed him they were in an argument.
The father probably thought it would be politically correct for the daughter to align with Igbo since she was schooling there.

E get nothing person no go see.
I don't wish to continue this talk sef. But I think Igbos should stop those convictions. We are not doing badly ourselves .
I do not doubt or deviate from your views. I still maintain,based on first hand experience and observation of current events,Igboid groups acceptance or denial of their Igbo identity is a matter of awareness and perspective. ICSN (Igbo cultural and social network) is the umbrella body of Igbo youths in the UK and arguably the most vibrant Pan-Igbo Youth Group in the diaspora.There were Anioma and Rivers Igbo fellas in the group and the question of Igbones or lack of it never arose were youths who took the right turn.My ex is from Ezenei Quarters in Asaba and they and their family are full blooded Igbo. Recently,Achuzia's burial and funeral was turned to a carnival by all Igbo groups. The question of Igbones or lack of it never arose. I still maintain that things are changing for the better with my personal experiences over the years and observation too.

5 Likes

Re: . by aniomafirstson: 12:01am On Sep 21, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

We keep on hearing few names of people that are staunch Igbos from SS. Most of these few names are old people, hence, they will soon be history.
Meaning that even the old ones that come to Ohaneze meetings don't teach their children anything, what's the point, if not politics? .

During my first year, everybody in the room was telling a girl of 23 that she is Igbo, just that she is from Delta. This girl vehemently argued she wasn't one. She called her dad to clear the air and 'boastfully' put her phone on loudspeaker so that her dad will educate everyone in the room and shut them up .

Remembering that argument now, the question is, " did that man actually keep that away from the kid till 23?"
Did he even say that they are Igbos cos I remember the girl pre-informed him they were in an argument.
The father probably thought it would be politically correct for the daughter to align with Igbo since she was schooling there.

I don't wish to continue this talk sef. But I think Igbos should stop those convictions. We are not doing badly ourselves .

I agree with you
the staunch Igbo ones are all old

uti nwachukwu is old grin
faze is old grin
buchi is old grin
bovi is old grin
wizzboy is old grin
tinie tempah is old grin
even lynxx is so old he can't see again grin

infact the staunch Igbo ones are all above 80 grin

3 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 12:09am On Sep 21, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

I have one of them as friends. A female. She was born and raised in Onitsha, the mum is from Ngor Okpala Imo state, even with a surname like "Nwaegbunam", she still insists she is Etche and not Igbo. She probably expects us to pamper and pet her to be Igbo, but we simply told her she isn't Igbo and that she and her people are impostors. Now she goes about talking about how Igbos are unwelcoming. Inukwanum!

The other one, a guy is from Ogume( Ndokwa Anioma) , with a typical Igbo name "Igwe". Yet insists he is "Delta" and not Igbo , always making disparaging remarks about Igbos. He went to main market Onitsha to buy things, and was swindled by the traders who capitalized on his naivety to sell inferior things to him at exorbitant prices, then he comes back cursing "Ibos", telling us how "Ibos" are greedy. How do you ever accept someone like this as a fellow Igbo tomorrow? Everyone in my hostel then in school understood Ogume and Ndokwa people are not Igbos, because of the guys behavior.
If tomorrow any of us meet someone from Ogume, do you think we would extend hands of Igbo brotherhood to them? Ofcourse answer is No. The fear of being rejected would make us treat them as non Igbo until proven otherwise. And then, they run around talking about why and how we are not accepting their hands of brotherhood.
It's a vicious cycle started by them. See how it goes.

1.An Igboid denies his Igbo identity and humiliates an innocent Igbo brother in the process.

2 The innocent Igbo brother gets hurt, recovers and grows a defensive mechanism to prevent such rejection in the future. Because let's face it, no one likes rejection. Hence, the Igbo man is now exposed to Igboid resentment

3. The next time the exposed Igbo meets an innocent Igboid person, he shows no iota of brotherly love for him, instead he shows resentment, and even when the Igboid tries to reach out to him, the Igbo would think he is only being fake, and that it is a matter of time, before he denies him again.

4. The rejected Igboid Now grows resentment and loathe towards the Igbo. He is now exposed to Igbo
resentment and he goes on to infect another innocent Igbo man with this Igbo resentment.
And the cycle continues.

My own is that I will never pamper, woo or beg anyone to be Igbo.
If you say you are not Igbo, I will keep reminding you that you are not Igbo and that you are an impostor for bearing Igbo names, any time I get the chance .

As long as Igboids still habour Igbo resenting people in their midst, more and more innocent Igbos would be exposed to such Igbo resentment, and in return, would grow a strong resentment for innocent Igboids they meet in the future.

Until Igboids stop being Igbo resenting, the vicious cycle to me, will never end, no matter how some try to wish it away,and both sides of the divide would continue to pay for it.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by mightguy(m): 12:16am On Sep 21, 2018
pazienza:

I have one of them as friends. A female. She was born and raised in Onitsha, the mum is from Ngor Okpala Imo state, even with a surname like "Nwaegbunam", she still insists she is Etche and not Igbo. She probably expects us to pamper and pet her to be Igbo, but we simply told her she isn't Igbo and that she and her people are impostors. Now she goes about talking about how Igbos are unwelcoming. Inukwanum!

The other one, a guy is from Ogume( Ndokwa Anioma) , with a typical Igbo name "Igwe". Yet insists he is "Delta" and not Igbo , always making disparaging remarks about Igbos. He went to main market Onitsha to buy things, and was swindled by the traders who capitalized on his naivety to sell inferior things to him at exorbitant prices, then he comes back cursing "Ibos", telling us how "Ibos" are greedy. How do you ever accept someone like this as a fellow Igbo tomorrow? Everyone in my hostel then in school understood Ogume and Ndokwa people are not Igbos, because of the guys behavior.
If tomorrow any of us meet someone from Ogume, do you think we would extend hands of Igbo brotherhood to them? Ofcourse answer is No. The fear of being rejected would make us treat them as non Igbo until proven otherwise. And then, they run around talking about why and how we are not accepting their hands of brotherhood.

1.An Igboid denies his Igbo identity and humiliates an innocent Igbo brother in the process.

2 The innocent Igbo brother gets hurt, recovers and grows a defensive mechanism to prevent such rejection in the future. Because let's face it, no one likes rejection. Hence, the Igbo man is now exposed to Igboid resentment

3. The next time the exposed Igbo meets an innocent Igboid person, he shows no iota of brotherly love for him, instead he shows resentment, and even when the Igboid tries to reach out to him, the Igbo would think he is only being fake, and that it is a matter of time, before he denies him again.

4. The rejected Igboid Now grows resentment and loathe towards the Igbo. He is now exposed to Igbo
resentment and he goes on to infect another innocent Igbo man with this Igbo resentment.
And the cycle continues.

If you say you are not Igbo, I will keep reminding you that you are not Igbo and that you are an impostor for bearing Igbo names, any time I get the chance .

As long as Igboids still habour Igbo resenting people in their midst, more and more innocent Igbos would be exposed to such Igbo resentment, and in return, would grow a strong resentment for innocent Igboids they meet in the future.

Until Igboids stop being Igbo resenting, the vicious cycle to me, will never end, no matter how some try to wish it away.
don't mind them. It was in the time past that if i get rejected by them. I will become sad but right now I don't care. If u hate me i hate u too. They are beginning to spread their useless stories in the south east. The latest is that ezike oba. That founded enugu ezike whom everybody knows that they came from enugu ukwu in anambra is now a bini prince... Mtchew

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by horsepower101: 12:26am On Sep 21, 2018
pazienza:

And the cycle continues.

Until Igboids stop being Igbo resenting, the vicious cycle to me, will never end, no matter how some try to wish it away,and both sides of the divide would continue to pay for it.

This is the best explanation of the complex dynamics and animosity between south east and south south igbos I have ever read.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by OreMI22: 12:35am On Sep 21, 2018
pazienza:

And the cycle continues.

All i will say is don't think the only people who will deny their Igboness are Ikwerres, Aniomas or Igbos at the border of Igboland.

There was a time when it was the fashionable thing to deny that you are not Igbo or you don't speak it.

Many Aniomas and Ikwerres are good Igbos as many more like Oliseh may be misguided or even evil. But be careful when you try to label everyone because you lump the innocent and guilty in the same basket. What you have done then would be to tell those professing their Igbo origin from those places that you'd rather believe those that deny it than believe them.

Not everyone from SE love Igboland. Some of them hate other Igbo people from other SE states with a passion that will surprise you. Timothy Mcveigh was born white in America. he voluntarily enlisted in the army to help protect Americans. The same person turned around and killed so many Americans without remorse. Don't be too quick to think that because some was born in SE, he is more loyal to Igbo cause than someone born in Anioma or Ikwerre. There are many Igbos from my village here in USA that deny everything about their culture They are even glad their children cannot understand a word of Igbo language. In time, they will see the harm they are doing. But right now, they believe not speaking Igbo to their children makes them "superior" to other children.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 12:42am On Sep 21, 2018
OreMI22:

All i will say is don't think the only people who will deny their Igboness are Ikwerres, Aniomas or Igbos at the border of Igboland.

There was a time when it was the fashionable thing to deny that you are not Igbo or you don't speak it.

Many Aniomas and Ikwerres are good Igbos as many more like Oliseh may be misguided or even evil. But be careful when you try to label everyone because you lump the innocent and guilty in the same basket. What you have done then would be to tell those professing their Igbo origin from those places that you'd rather believe those that deny it than believe them.

Not everyone from SE love Igboland. Some of them hate other Igbo people from other SE states with a passion that will surprise you. Timothy Mcveigh was born white in America. he voluntarily enlisted in the army to help protect Americans. The same person turned around and killed so many Americans without remorse. Don't be too quick to think that because some was born in SE, he is more loyal to Igbo cause than someone born in Anioma or Ikwerre. There are many Igbos from my village here in USA that deny everything about their culture They are even glad their children cannot understand a word of Igbo language. In time, they will see the harm they are doing. But right now, they believe not speaking Igbo to their children makes them "superior" to other children.

Ofcourse, the fifth columnists. The likes of Igbokwe of APC, men who would sell their own kind for personal comfort, or whose suffering and humiliation of their own people don't give concern or pains. They exist in all groups.

I would always respect genuine Igbo nationalists like Osita Mordi, and co, despite my illgivings towards the disposition of many Ika people towards their Igbo identity.

I always use the case of Austria and Germany as example. Germans would always accept ethnic German people indigenous to many parts of Europe other than Germany, who show patroitism towards Germany. That's how Hitler with Austrian ancestry rose through the ranks to become a Germany leader.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ariesbull: 3:20am On Sep 21, 2018
pazienza:

Ofcourse, the fifth columnists. The likes of Igbokwe of APC, men who would sell their own kind for personal comfort, or whose suffering and humiliation of their own people don't give concern or pains. They exist in all groups.

I would always respect genuine Igbo nationalists like Osita Mordi, and co, despite my illgivings towards the disposition of many Ika people towards their Igbo identity.

I always use the case of Austria and Germany as example. Germans would always accept ethnic German people indigenous to many parts of Europe other than Germany, who show patroitism towards Germany. That's how Hitler with Austrian ancestry rose through the ranks to become a Germany leader.

Osita after her was exposed of his sham in Facebook by one man. ...we saw what he posted and said in proudly anioma when the screen grab was made public and you call that nationalist ...he is an Ika nationalist maybe but not Igbo
Re: . by ariesbull: 3:24am On Sep 21, 2018
pazienza:

And the cycle continues.

God bless you for this truth

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by ariesbull: 3:27am On Sep 21, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

I would be the last person to tell an Ika man that he is an Igbo , I wouldn't even bother with ikwerre man

Wetin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ariesbull: 3:35am On Sep 21, 2018
aniomafirstson:

And what has SE Igbo done in bringing their brothers in SS back to the fold

obi of owa, asagba of asaba and the omu of anioma has been preaching Igbo unity since God knows when.

They are fighting to zone anioma to SE their kith and kin

What has SE done to actualize Igbo unity?

The only south South Igbo we respect are Enuani. Some Ukwuani , obigbo , some etche, Ndoni that's all forget Ika , forget igbanker 50 percentage forget ikwerre

And we aren't even gonna reach out. We can't beg you to be Igbo

Tufiakwa...have you seen Yoruba man begging Okun man or the Ilorin man to be yoruba

Its just the stupid south South Igbo ...ika people most

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ariesbull: 3:41am On Sep 21, 2018
aniomafirstson:

No wonder ebonyi state that was already in SE safe and secured was created and anioma was left to rot in ss

so much for brotherhood

let's not reopen old wounds

it's better we discuss about something else

How can you create Anioma when Igbo don't even know your position. How can you create Anioma when Ika and some Ukwuani are shouting we are not Igbo ! How can you create Anioma when the Ika and some anioma said the word Igbo means slave....so 3ven if there is another state creation....it would be south east...not that it's right but we can't continue like this....we made a mistake in Rivers State...we would have left the ikwerre to be dealt with by Ijaw but due to reasonabke Igbo of Ndoni , Obigbo , Asaa and etche Igbo succeeded but they haven't been able to ....

3 Likes

Re: . by ariesbull: 3:48am On Sep 21, 2018
aniomafirstson:

Now I'm getting confused

is it not the same anioma traditional rulers that are fighting to join SE?

you ignored the important leaders and kept listening to miscreants.
is a miscreant more relevant than the obi of owa?

you couldn't take the risk that's why anioma is still in ss

even asagba of asaba said we are stretching our hands but you guys are not grabbing it.

Do you know that when the coup was done....it was the anioma Igbo that did it....the SE Igbo took the blame we lost over 3 million

Then during the war, the Asaba came out to surrender for what they caused and we were been killed before the did Asaba massacre.

Stella Damascus even said it that she changed her surname from Ojukwu to hide her Igbo identity yet no Igbo from South East changed

To be honest , Anioma folks are stretching their hands now because they have seen that Igbo irrespective of political situation have come back to reclaim education, business , sport etc...that's why ikwerre and other Anioma wants to be ....

Why didn't they do this in the 1970s and 1980s when we were be laughed at for what they caused ?

But we let it be ...we know the true Igbo in anioma and I know that Ika are not part of it... Enuani and Some parts of Ukwuani

Others can go ....we habe been doing well without then and we can do well

One with God is majority

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ariesbull: 3:51am On Sep 21, 2018
horsepower101:

1) I am not making excuses for the timid south East sociocultural and political leadership. I am highly disappointed with what I have seen from them.

2) Even though I tried to make sure that you understand that I am not generalizing by saying “SOME elements”, you still accused me of generalizing.

My response to you was to basically show you some critical factors that have might have contributed to the LACK OF AGRESSIVE push for Anioma state in the past.

My brother please calm down and read what I am saying carefully before you respond. I am with you that south east leaders should fight more aggressively for anioma state. My mother is from oko in oshimili north local government, delta state.

Do you know that one guy from Oko Delta told me that they are from igala ...and this is an educated guy ! I was like what a hell...these guys are irredeemable. Even if you migrated from igala centuries ago ...what are you today ?

The Australian migrated from British centuries today's they are Australians...but anioma would say we are Benin ...Eze Chima is a Benin man...you wonder how Benin man began bearing Eze Chima

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ariesbull: 3:53am On Sep 21, 2018
aniomafirstson:

Nwanne we are actually saying the same thing self.

prominent anioma leaders has shown interest

SE leaders need to do more.

Honestly I like you ...but Ika people ehhh

horsepower101:

1) I am not making excuses for the timid south East sociocultural and political leadership. I am highly disappointed with what I have seen from them.

2) Even though I tried to make sure that you understand that I am not generalizing by saying “SOME elements”, you still accused me of generalizing.

My response to you was to basically show you some critical factors that have might have contributed to the LACK OF AGRESSIVE push for Anioma state in the past.

My brother please calm down and read what I am saying carefully before you respond. I am with you that south east leaders should fight more aggressively for anioma state. My mother is from oko in oshimili north local government, delta state.

Do you know that one guy from Oko Delta told me that they are from igala ...and this is an educated guy ! I was like what a hell...these guys are irredeemable. Even if you migrated from igala centuries ago ...what are you today ?

The Australian migrated from British centuries today's they are Australians...but anioma would say we are Benin ...Eze Chima is a Benin man...you wonder how Benin man began bearing Eze Chima

1 Like

Re: . by ariesbull: 4:19am On Sep 21, 2018
AnambraDota:
Anioma case is dfifferent, i can claim Anioma people because of the human resources God deposited in that area. That cannot be said of Ikwerres or other Rivers people. Atleast if your claiming Anioma you are looking at UBA, Zenith, Keystone, LBS, PAU, Thisday, Pat Utomi, Jay Jay Okocha , The Iwealas ...Sages like Prof Edozien Asagba of Asaba, Sylvester Monye, Sunny Odogwu, and Nuel Ojei Group.

Please if you are claiming Ikwerres, Ogbas, Ekpeyes what are you claiming ...cultists, thugs, people with neither a business, occupation nor a niche . Tell me why i should claim someone from Rivers State: people that claim to have oil but don't even have common filling stations .

My take is this, if you are an Ikwerre and said you are Igbo; i will be at peace with you. If you said you arent Igbo i will also be at peace with you because head or tail i'm not expecpeting to benefit anything from anybody.

Gbam you Sum it up...I am very cool with anioma very cool headed people and they have more affinity with Anambra and some parts of Imo ...but rivers ...Ikwerre, what do they bring to the table

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 4:27am On Sep 21, 2018
ariesbull:

Honestly I like you ...but Ika people ehhh

Yeah some people from oko say that but i think its exaggerated...There was definitely some inter-marriage from the past but they are still igbos. So many english people have some german and french ancestry but you will never see an english man claim German or french.

1 Like

Re: . by aniomafirstson: 4:40am On Sep 21, 2018
ariesbull:

Do you know that when the coup was done....it was the anioma Igbo that did it....the SE Igbo took the blame we lost over 3 million

Then during the war, the Asaba came out to surrender for what they caused and we were been killed before the did Asaba massacre.

Stella Damascus even said it that she changed her surname from Ojukwu to hide her Igbo identity yet no Igbo from South East changed

To be honest , Anioma folks are stretching their hands now because they have seen that Igbo irrespective of political situation have come back to reclaim education, business , sport etc...that's why ikwerre and other Anioma wants to be ....

Why didn't they do this in the 1970s and 1980s when we were be laughed at for what they caused ?

But we let it be ...we know the true Igbo in anioma and I lll know that Ika are not part of it... Enuani and Some parts of Ukwuani

Others can go ....we habe been doing well without then and we can do well

One with God is majority

Most of you think it is only igbos from SE that suffered from the war. My brother anioma suffered as much if not more than SE itself.Anioma lost a large number of its gallant men in that war

Most of the gallant generals and soldiers during the war were mostly from anioma.

Still if there's a war today against igbos.. Most anioma people will still fight with their blood for the Igbo nation.

And about ahaba I don't blame them because they did it to survive. Note they didn't deny Igbo. They just chanted one Nigeria because they were in the Midwest political zone and not Eastern region.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by horsepower101: 4:50am On Sep 21, 2018
aniomafirstson:

Most of you think it is only igbos from SE that suffered from the war. My brother anioma suffered as much if not more than SE itself.Anioma lost a large number of its gallant men in that war

Most of the gallant generals and soldiers during the war were mostly from anioma.

Still if there's a war today against igbos.. Most anioma people will still fight with their blood for the Igbo nation.

And about ahaba I don't blame them because they did it to survive. Note they didn't deny Igbo. They just chanted one Nigeria because they were in the Midwest political zone and not Eastern region.

We all suffered no doubt. That's why it hurts see those who you expect to be on your side deny you. It really hurts

The bolded is True. Asaba people are very loving and loyal to igbo interest. They have never denied being Igbos. They had no choice during the war because they had no weapons to fight back and were politically in the Midwest.

I strongly urge south easterners to visit and Asaba and i promise you that you will fall in love with the people and the city.

Fun Fact: Asaba people protested for Nnamdi kanu's release when he was arrested before Onitsha and Aba did...Let that sink in.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by aniomafirstson: 5:01am On Sep 21, 2018
horsepower101:

We all suffered no doubt. That's why it hurts see those who you expect to be on your side deny you. It really hurts

The bolded is True. Asaba people are very loving and loyal to igbo interest. They have never denied being Igbos. They had no choice during the war because they had no weapons to fight back and were politically in the Midwest.

I strongly urge south easterners to visit and Asaba and i promise you that you will fall in love with the people and the city.

Fun Fact: Asaba people protested for Nnamdi kanu's release when he was arrested before Onitsha and Aba did...Let that sink in.

Lol even agbor people were the first to protest for Nnamdi kanu's release.

In anioma today there is a sense of igboness among the younger generation.Most of them are even angry with their parents for planting an anti-igbo discord in them. I'm not saying you won't find some ignorant ones but compared to 30 years ago anioma is more Igbo than ever.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 5:14am On Sep 21, 2018
aniomafirstson:

In anioma today there's a sense of igboness among the younger generation.Most of them are even angry with their parents for planting an anti-igbo discord in them. I'm not saying you won't find some ignorant ones but compared to 30 years ago anioma is more Igbo than ever.

I have been telling people here that the deniers are small in numbers BUT they tend to be far much louder and noticeable than the rest. The moment the average south easterner understand this, the moment they put things in proper perspective. They will learn how to avoid and isolate those that are igbo deniers and embrace the silent Majority that are pro-Igbo.

The Igbo deniers are in the wrong side of history and they will lose out big time at the end.

Lastly, I will advise all my Igbo family here to never engage an igbo denier in real life. The more you try to change their mind and reason with them, they more extreme they become in attitude. Focus and work on building stronger bond with those (the majority) that are igbos. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: . by aniomafirstson: 5:29am On Sep 21, 2018
horsepower101:

I have been telling people here that the deniers are small in numbers BUT they tend to be far much louder and noticeable than the rest. The moment the average south easterner understand this, the moment they put things in proper perspective. They will learn how to avoid and isolate those that are igbo deniers and embrace the silent Majority that are pro-Igbo.

The Igbo deniers are in the wrong side of history and they will lose out big time at the end.

Lastly, I will advise all my Igbo family here to never engage an igbo denier in real life. The more you try to change their mind and reason with them, they more extreme they become in attitude. Focus and work on building stronger bond with those (the majority) that are igbos. Simple.

Exactly they are very loud just like in the case of Oliseh
Nobody asked him if he is Igbo or not
He just mentioned his name and said he is not igbo.

The truth is even the pro Igbo ones are tired of them and that's why you see people like faze now telling the whole world they are proud igbos.

2 Likes

Re: . by B2mario(m): 8:39am On Sep 21, 2018
aniomafirstson:

In anioma today there is a sense of igboness among the younger generation.Most of them are even angry with their parents for planting an anti-igbo discord in them. I'm not saying you won't find some ignorant ones but compared to 30 years ago anioma is more Igbo than ever.

Love this. May God bless the greater Igbo nation and unite us the more. There is strength in unity and greater number. I love my sweet Igbos be it Anioma, Rivers, Southeast and Benue Igbos. I know we might have some weakness but our strength is numerous. Thank you all once more for your wonderful contributions, lets point out our flaws and device the possible means of correcting them. But to be candid, we igbos in the southeast should not be rejecting our brothers in the other divides. We're the big brothers in this context and should always educate and draw them close to us. There's power in unity.

5 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 10:45am On Sep 21, 2018
ariesbull:

Osita after her was exposed of his sham in Facebook by one man. ...we saw what he posted and said in proudly anioma when the screen grab was made public and you call that nationalist ...he is an Ika nationalist maybe but not Igbo

I was there too.
I know it's hard for him swimming against the Igbophobic tide of his people. Often times he tries to please them. He is human after all. So, I cut him some slack.
I genuinely believe he is a true Igbo nationalist.

1 Like

Re: . by aniomafirstson: 11:06am On Sep 21, 2018
PHOTOS FROM THE COLOURFUL AND RICH CULTURE OF OLIGBO KINGDOM(ISSELE UKU INE AHO FESTIVAL). 2018

Copied from anioma voice

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by aniomafirstson: 11:10am On Sep 21, 2018
More photos from the festival

God bless anioma

God bless Ndigbo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Aromi: 12:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
aniomafirstson:
PHOTOS FROM THE COLOURFUL AND RICH CULTURE OF OLIGBO KINGDOM(ISSELE UKU INE AHO FESTIVAL). 2018

Copied from anioma voice
THIS PEOPLE IS EVEN MORE IGBOS THEN WE THE SE IGBOS HOW MANY TOWNS IN SE STILL DO WRESTLING THIS DAYS I REMEBER WHEN I AM A KID MY TOWN HAVE DIMGBA WHO REPRESENT OUR TOWN IN COMPATITION

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by aniomafirstson: 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2018
More

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by ariesbull: 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2018
pazienza:

I was there too.
I know it's hard for him swimming against the Igbophobic tide of his people. Often times he tries to please them. He is human after all. So, I cut him so slack.
I genuinely believe he is a true Igbo nationalist.

He is my brother but when that screenshot bwas made public, it was disturbing and it's a dent to his image but I still think he is a nice dude
Re: . by ariesbull: 12:44pm On Sep 21, 2018
aniomafirstson:

Well you are right my brother....Enuani are great Igbo I must say

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.