Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,737 members, 7,831,346 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

. - Politics (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (586303 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by DanielOc: 1:08pm On Sep 20, 2018
ckenneths:

I salute you Bro, you come from a great lineage. Nnoo nwanne.
GRATITUDE......

keep up your good works, I'm so loving 'em...

1 Like

Re: . by AKswift: 1:39pm On Sep 20, 2018
Abagworo:
More from Dr Anyanwu's stroke and Neuroscience center.

Nice building....The design looks different and classy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2018
IgboticGirl:

Come on is becoming too much and u know it

We actually need more hotels because there are a lot of people who come to do business but are forced to leave earlier because of lack of facility to sleep over at.

Also hotels can be multiple businesses in 1 building:
Restaurant, Bar, Event center, Conference room, Recreation and Sports etc.

But I totally understand your point.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2018
raker300:
so, if foreigners/investors come to visit his home town, they’ll sleep on the main road?

The man already has a hospital, church, courthouse etc

I tire o

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 20, 2018
Victornezzar:

Smiles

.I meant the hotels in South east are way too much

Owerri alone has much

So in your mind now, owerri has more hotels than its counterparts in other countries? Instead of complaining, why don't you build your own schools and hospitals?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:29pm On Sep 20, 2018
aniomafirstson:

Same excuse

That is the problem with SE

you don't want to take that risk not knowing that would have merged western and eastern Igboland for good

Enyia, go and sleep.
Why is it the responsibility of SE to do that?
You want sth, go for it? I tried so much to keep away from this topic for some time, but you don't want to relent.
You mustn't be in SE to be Igbo.
I am the last person to make anyone pro Igbo.

We haven't recovered from the land grabber narrative. Thanks

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by hammer6F: 10:44pm On Sep 20, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Enyia, go and sleep.
Why is it the responsibility of SE to do that?
You want sth, go for it? I tried so much to keep away from this topic for some time, but you don't want to relent.
You mustn't be in SE to be Igbo.
I am the last person to make anyone pro Igbo.

We haven't recovered from the land grabber narrative. Thanks

I sometimes ask myself y is it that Igbo thing is always so different.

The rate of betrayal and denial is a major cause for concern.

The worst part is the psychological effect of mistrust that follows.

Honestly, as an Igbo man can u trust, rely or depend on these SS igboid groups?

Note, i use the word Igboid group becos, i dont know how else to qualify them.
Re: . by hammer6F: 10:49pm On Sep 20, 2018
Somebody will be answering Chima but yet he is from Benin... grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by hammer6F: 10:49pm On Sep 20, 2018
Somebody name will be Chibuike Amaechi but he is not Igbo.

He is from Benin.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by hammer6F: 10:50pm On Sep 20, 2018
Ngwa, use your Benin name, they will still be running around with names like Chidi.

Is it not madness?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by hammer6F: 10:56pm On Sep 20, 2018
U see this idiot?

Nobody asked him if he is Igbo.

The topic of discussion was football.

He quickly denied Igbo for career expediency.

In his mind, identifying as igbo will diminish his value in the eyes of all other Nigerian tribes who he assumes hate igbos.

His career as Nigeria coach still did not last, some players resign and some clash with him.

Surely, we cannot continue to smile like fools with people like this.

There comes a time wen we say enough is enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTEYPoM4nws

2 Likes

Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:01pm On Sep 20, 2018
hammer6F:

I sometimes ask myself y is it that Igbo thing is always so different.

The rate of betrayal and denial is a major cause for concern.

The worst part is the psychological effect of mistrust that follows.

Honestly, as an Igbo man can u trust, rely or depend on these SS igboid groups?

Note, i use the word Igboid group becos, i dont know how else to qualify them.

My own is that one doesn't need to be in SE to be Igbo, so, that SE narrative is unnecessary.

Hausa people are scattered all over the north, even though, NW should be their base. But they all bear Hausa.
Ilorin is NC, yet, the people believe they are Yoruba.
And some people are telling me Anioma state in SE this, Ebonyi that.

My annoyance is why Igbos have to do the job of Igbonizing them. You are the one that dissociated yourselves, you still want the parent group to start chasing you ka a na-achu ukpana. Because we are now jobless people, with no class.
Whatever happens, the ones from Rivers should never be accepted back. That's a disaster waiting to happen. If Sb comes back to you just cos of denials gone wrong, he/she remains a liability.
Should sth bad happen to Igbo people again, they will still go back to their defunct state. Anybody who uses his identity to play politics or whatever , is not safe for the rest of the group.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 11:08pm On Sep 20, 2018
Which place we wan enter now sef ? cheesy
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 11:09pm On Sep 20, 2018
Welcome to Nike Lake hotel, relaxation spot near the lake...........

Re: . by hammer6F: 11:10pm On Sep 20, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

My own is that one doesn't need to be in SE to be Igbo, so, that SE narrative is unnecessary.

Hausa people are scattered all over the north, even though, NW should be their base. But they all bear Hausa.
Ilorin is NC, yet, the people believe they are Yoruba.
And some people are telling me Anioma state in SE this, Ebonyi that.

My annoyance is why Igbos have to do the job of Igbonizing them. You are the one that dissociated yourselves, you still want the parent group to start chasing you ka a na-achu ukpana. Because we are now jobless people, with no class.
Whatever happens, the ones from Rivers should never be accepted back. That's a disaster waiting to happen. If Sb comes back to you just cos of denials gone wrong, he/she remains a liability.
Should sth bad happen to Igbo people again, they will still go back to their defunct state. Anybody who uses his identity to play politics or whatever , is not safe for the rest of the group.

No now, they want to run to the South east and tell us that they are not Igbo, cause divison and trouble.

In the south south, the minorities have out gamed them and even manage to put fear in them.

Just imagine wat the great Igbo race have become.

I cannot continue to pretend about certain things or pretend that everything is Ok.

They say, if you talk the problem, then numerious solution will be proposed from which to choose the best.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 11:11pm On Sep 20, 2018
It's in Nike, Enugu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 11:12pm On Sep 20, 2018
One of the oldest hotels in Igboland.........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 11:14pm On Sep 20, 2018
A wonderful place to hide away from the madding crowd cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 11:16pm On Sep 20, 2018
Chilling cool........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Xander85: 11:18pm On Sep 20, 2018
ckenneths:
Welcome to Nike Lake hotel, relaxation spot near the lake...........

Couldn't they take some time and effort to make this place look appealing? sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 11:19pm On Sep 20, 2018
The hotel is a delight to all lovers of nature.........

1 Like

Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:26pm On Sep 20, 2018
hammer6F:

No now, they want to run to the South east and tell us that they are not Igbo, cause divison and trouble.

In the south south, the minorities have out gamed them and even manage to put fear in them.

Just imagine wat the great Igbo race have become.

I cannot continue to pretend about certain things or pretend that everything is Ok.

They say, if you talk the problem, then numerious solution will be proposed from which to choose the best.

We keep on hearing few names of people that are staunch Igbos from SS. Most of these few names are old people, hence, they will soon be history.
Meanwhile, most of the youths dont think they are Igbos. Nobody told them.
Meaning that even the old ones that come to Ohaneze meetings don't teach their children anything, what's the point, if not politics? .

During my first year, everybody in the room was telling a girl of 23 that she is Igbo, just that she is from Delta. This girl vehemently argued she wasn't one. She called her dad to clear the air and 'boastfully' put her phone on loudspeaker so that her dad will educate everyone in the room and shut them up .
Her father said they are Igbos....

Remembering that argument now, the question is, " did that man actually keep that away from the kid till 23?"
Did he even say that they are Igbos cos I remember the girl pre-informed him they were in an argument.
The father probably thought it would be politically correct for the daughter to align with Igbo since she was schooling there.

E get nothing person no go see.
I don't wish to continue this talk sef. But I think Igbos should stop those convictions. We are not doing badly ourselves .

1 Like

Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:27pm On Sep 20, 2018
ckenneths:
One of the oldest hotels in Igboland.........

Must definitely visit in my next trip to Enugu.

1 Like

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 11:28pm On Sep 20, 2018
Open areas. ........For relaxation

1 Like

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 11:29pm On Sep 20, 2018
More

1 Like

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 11:31pm On Sep 20, 2018
In some places, the driveway looks neat...........

This is Nike lake resort hotel in Enugu

1 Like

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 11:33pm On Sep 20, 2018
Approaching the lake itself. ..........

1 Like

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 11:34pm On Sep 20, 2018
Grab a seat by the lakeside. ...........

2 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 11:37pm On Sep 20, 2018
This is Nike Lake, Enugu.
A natural water body .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 11:39pm On Sep 20, 2018
Someone must be trying to catch a fish at the lake........

1 Like

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 11:43pm On Sep 20, 2018
More huts

Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 11:46pm On Sep 20, 2018
horsepower101:

We actually need more hotels because there are a lot of people who come to do business but are forced to leave earlier because of lack of facility to sleep over at.

Also hotels can be multiple businesses in 1 building:
Restaurant, Bar, Event center, Conference room, Recreation and Sports etc.

But I totally understand your point.
Of course! There's absolutely nothing wrong with building hotels.There must be a huge demand for it to prompt that rat race. Owerri recently acquired a popularity (or notoriety) for carefree and advanced lifestyle and that explains the upsurge of facilities that sustain such lifestyle. I am also aware one of the most modern and best conference centres in Southern Nigeria is in Owerri. Both national and regional conferences hold there regularly. This also justifies the need for hotel and lodging facilities. We should also be aware that if the abandoned conference centre in Enugu is completed today,the hospitality capacity of the city will be stretched. In all,every investment into the real sector of the economy always propels a multiplier effect in other sectors.No investment is a waste.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.