Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,234 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan (32218 Views)

[agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream / He Wants To Marry An Orphan ?? / It's Easily For An Orphan To Marry a Wrong Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by adubiay: 11:20am On May 21, 2010
I was really touched reading this post, i only come here just to read, learn and laugh. I decided to contribute just because of some negative comment I read. God bless you aisha2, chiejik, Bim4u and Radient, actually my colleague draw my attention to this post just because of what you guys said and I was surprise when I read your posts just the way he was, it gave me an assurance again that there is still hope in this nation, i do not believe that kind people like you guys exist in this nation, who will decide to help someone they dont know not minding the tribe nor the religion, pls do not let the comment from people like osifred, dolemite, and tsag discourage you from going on with your plans, I know God is watching.

I discovered that all the people who has said something about helping the poster are all female while all the coming with negative post are all male, does that mean men are heartless or you wont just help where you dont expect anything in return without thinking someone want to scam u, i know if na woman ask u for school fee of 100k, some of u will not bother to confirm before u give her 200k and u wont feel scam even if her actual school fee is 20k or she's not even in school at all.

For u haters, @osifred u said u study human behaviour, i guess ur school fee was wasted cos ur statement counter itself, @Dolemite, u are just a fool, if u need help be bold enough to speak up, @Tosag u have no proof of what u are saying and i,m sure u are not going to tell us is your instinct.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by odiaero3(m): 11:22am On May 21, 2010
busybody20:

[size=16pt]The following Members having been writing on NL that they need a Job FunmyKemmy, makky, nitrogen, isonlagba etc; Why havent you been touched?  undecided   lipsrsealed  because they didnt write a Sympathetic story line?  lipsrsealed  [/size]
sorry i did not notice them, i only notice this because i saw it on the front page, and i mostly spent my time here on Romance and Sports sections, thank you
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by mmah: 11:27am On May 21, 2010
I want to thank everybody that respond posively to this guy request may your hand and head never lack oils and to those that thing he is a fruad i will advise that you play your part and let God be the Judge.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by kshow1(m): 11:30am On May 21, 2010
My take is the poster might actually have cooked up a very pathetic story to gain sympathy but i do not feel he his a scammer, reason is i took time to read all his previous posts on NL and discovered that he has been planning on going back to school or looking for a job.

The Lord will continue to bless those who are willing to render assistance to the poster in whatever ways.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Kaffs(f): 11:39am On May 21, 2010
Honestly, this is just another scam to me. For crying  out loud the guy is a graduate, many of us dont have professional degrees and people are still making it. 2. He lives in lagos there are so many oppurtunities there and he doesnt even need a job to tap those opputunities only needs to use his brain with little capital he can start somethin 3. If he is so poor how does he get such access to the internet 4. @POSTER you did your mother a great disservice when you said you could not believe that she could turn her back on you or somethin like that she helped u throughout your life and u still expect her to continue cleaning up after you please BE A MAN AND WHILE YOU ARE AT IT BE RESPONSIBLE
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by segunjowo(m): 11:40am On May 21, 2010
The day we stop living for one another is the day we start dying, cos we won't be any more than savages, rules are rules, remember that.
This goes for all posters on this topic with negative opinion to the posters request.
I am waiting to hear good news at the end of this request. if the poster turns out to be ok and not fake, we'd know. otherwise, NL will be  tagged as scam ground,
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 11:43am On May 21, 2010
aisha2:

Madam Believe me when I say I would never have made it without my family, Its the plain truth. Maybe that is how it is for you but some people need a little more help. Being a graduate really doesnt mean much this days. I have a graduate now on my neck a married man graduated with 2.1 Has been in business but debtors ran him down now he is willing to take up a job even as a gate man.
Life in this country is hard, very hard I see poverty everyday and i know how it hurts.
When i was younger, some times we could not afford common Alefu to cook, we would have to pick the wild vegies growing in the neiborhood, that bad and I know how helplessness can feel, so when i see someone who needs help instead of thinking about all the negatives i think of what will happen If i refuse to help at the same time i take time to get information and do things right to make sure the outcome is good for both of us.
I know i am who i am today because someone somewhere gave me a helping hand and refused to give up on me, all this motivated me to be a social worker so i canhelp people genuienly in need.

Aisha I'm not trying to stop you from helping this man. Beleive me, if I could I would too. But you can't ignore the fact that he is still better than a million people out there. He can come on the internet, he can apply for jobs with a degree . .  beleive me, many don't have that luxury!

I know someone who didn't just graduate with a 2.1, he studied a professional course - Law! But that didn't get him a good job or a good place to practice in this hard hard country of ours.

This poster thinks his problem lies with the fact that he studied pysiology! Now that is not true! Clearly he needs to work on himself. His writing is no good and I beleive his strength lies in some other things which giving him a job might not help. How do you even know he can do well in the job? Are you helping him because you pity him or because he deserves the help? What about that other candidate who is just perfect for the job but gets to lose out on it because you felt sorry for this poster?

It's one thing to accept help, it's another to expect it! What exactly is the message you are passing on
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by benabbey(m): 11:47am On May 21, 2010
After reading all your posts. I can see emotion running very high. Some wrote it is an appeal to pity. Some wrote why front page. My own concern is how long will you feed this fellow. The essence of schooling to my mind is not to get a job.Perish the thought if you hold one. The guy should sit down and build a concept with market a value around his study. He should market himself and his concept. With that he will be able to stand on his own.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 11:52am On May 21, 2010
benabbey:

After reading all your posts. I can see emotion running very high. Some wrote it is an appeal to pity. Some wrote why front page. My own concern is how long will you feed this fellow. The essence of schooling to my mind is not to get a job.Perish the thought if you hold one. The guy should sit down and build a concept with market a value around his study. He should market himself and his concept. With that he will be able to stand on his own.

This guy doesn't have the charisma or motivation to do that! I think getting him a job will be the best way to help him afterall . . undecided But nobody should complain when he starts getting sloppy on the job! cool
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by odiaero3(m): 11:54am On May 21, 2010
Kaffs:

Honestly, this is just another scam to me. For crying  out loud the guy is a graduate, many of us dont have professional degrees and people are still making it. 2. He lives in lagos there are so many oppurtunities there and he doesnt even need a job to tap those opputunities only needs to use his brain with little capital he can start somethin 3. If he is so poor how does he get such access to the internet 4. @POSTER you did your mother a great disservice when you said you could not believe that she could turn her back on you or somethin like that she helped u throughout your life and u still expect her to continue cleaning up after you please BE A MAN AND WHILE YOU ARE AT IT BE RESPONSIBLE
[/color]
[color=#000099] can u plz outline the jobs opputunities avialable in lagos, or is it not the same lagos i visit often?
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by toluxa1(m): 11:59am On May 21, 2010
@ODIAERO. Please and please if you think you can afford to send him N5000 every week, then do so. Don't let anybody discourage you. I have a feeling alot of people here are beginning to get jealous and that is a devilish feeling. I don't understand why people are pointing to the fact that He didn't ask for money, he asked for job. So what? What does he need a job for? Is it not to make money? How do we even think sometimes. If he came here to ask for money, its the same idiots that will be crucifying him for asking for money. Pls If you 100 people can send him money, send it, and do it for God and not for man. By that, the feeling of being scammed will not be there. The fear of being scammed comes when you think you are doing it for HIM and not because you're doing it BECAUSE OF GOD. God sees the intent and blesses you.

By the way, how did you ID get blocked?
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by segunjowo(m): 12:00pm On May 21, 2010
One thing i don't like about NL is that a lot of people registered as members are fake. they don't use their real or imagined names. why? most posters use all sort of names and i feel it's not right. I'ts time we stared using a nikname close to our names like seun, myself, Aisha and whole lot who have a sense of belonging in here.
When you close your eyes because someone really bad is crossing and you don't want to look, someone real good will cross and you will never notice! If you have a helping hand, throw it in and help the poster. otherwise, contribute positively, lol
Remember to change your identity to the real one. No one can fraud you if you are not greedy. remember that.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by benabbey(m): 12:06pm On May 21, 2010
@Ujujoan
Ujujoan:

This guy doesn't have the charisma or motivation to do that! I think getting him a job will be the best way to help him afterall . . undecided But nobody should complain when he starts getting sloppy on the job! cool

What type of degree is in his hand. Hope it is not Oluwole. or somebody somewhere is just testing the kindness of Nairalanders
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Igwe9(m): 12:11pm On May 21, 2010
alright guys, we can't simply because we had experienced this kinda situation before without anybody coming to our aids ignore the facts that it takes a lot of courage to beg for arms

For those giving tight conditions, let us not complicate his situation the more.

The bottom line is that he needs a job and he will surely get it pretty soon. I wish i could help him with one now, and for those of you saying all sort of rubbish, if you don't have anything to say, say nothing.

God bless y'all
cool
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Ranoscky(m): 12:12pm On May 21, 2010
say something reasonable on this thread, if u can't, then, navigate to the next thread pls . .

don't discourage doz dat'r tryin to help pls . . . THANKS!
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by lonelypal(m): 12:13pm On May 21, 2010
Kaffs:

[color=#006600][/color]

xactly my sentiments, was just wondering,
@those  who care to help, there is absolutely nothin wrong in helping others all u need to do is bcareful in doin so. The story of d poster though sounds sympathetic but at the same time lacks merit in ma mind. I dnt know what d poster meant by he doesnt have a job after he's being offered an opportunity
to tutor some pupils for 10k, it will interest d poster to know that pple survive on a pltry some of 6 k i ds country n they r lookin on to God. I understand d fact that the poster is looking for greater opportunities but u dnt really have to post ur scripted 'story of my life' to attract public sentiments. I want to remind u dt if u actually passed through d four walls of an higher institution, u can make it in life.

@ Those who claim the poster cannot survive on 10k,
It will interest you to know that a corper serving in govt parastatals earns less than 15k to survive in Abuja. am nt reffering to those lucky enough to serve in big firms.

Be that as it may, d poster has tried his luck and it seems to be working for him. Its equally a good thing to realise that we have the likes of Aisha 2, radiant et all. with the heart of gold on nairaland, willing to render help to the 'needy'.
But the question i ask if this guys story turns out to be true, its just a tip of other sympathetic stories of countless hustling Nigerian graduate who have resorted to kipin their rich resumes to themselves for security reasons rather than posting them online. All the same i wish the poster the best and I advice the helpers to look before you leap.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by odiaero3(m): 12:14pm On May 21, 2010
toluxa1:

@ODIAERO. Please and please if you think you can afford to send him N5000 every week, then do so. Don't let anybody discourage you. I have a feeling alot of people here are beginning to get jealous and that is a devilish feeling. I don't understand why people are pointing to the fact that He didn't ask for money, he asked for job. So what? What does he need a job for? Is it not to make money? How do we even think sometimes. If he came here to ask for money, its the same idiots that will be crucifying him for asking for money. Pls If you 100 people can send him money, send it, and do it for God and not for man. By that, the feeling of being scammed will not be there. The fear of being scammed comes when you think you are doing it for HIM and not because you're doing it BECAUSE OF GOD. God sees the intent and blesses you.

By the way, how did you ID get blocked?
am ready to help th poster with the 5,000 weekly, but now with all this am hearing, i can still help him, but this time around the poster we hv to prove to me that he is not a scammer, cos all some of this replies hv really killed my spirit
as for my ID, it was the incidence that happend 3days back, i found out that some people here on Nland are not well cultured and they just throw their insult in a thread(s) when they suppose to skip if they do not like the topic, i replied them and i was the one that got blocked. some times i just feel like meeting them in person so they can really see who they are talking to and teach them the lessons of their life
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by toluxa1(m): 12:28pm On May 21, 2010
@segun. Let me just point out that there is nothing wrong with using names that don't even relate to your real name on a public forum like this. If all the Aishas here were to use there names, we'll be having about 500 Aishas.

@Ujojoan. I don't see what your point is exactly to Aisha. You're beginning to not make sense. Did the poster say his case is the worst case in Nigeria? Or should we say because there millions out there who cannot access the internet, then we should forsake him? I think it is even a good initiative that he decided to use what he has (internet access) to seek help. For those of us in Abuja and environs, I'll advice us to ALWAYS tune in to a program on Capital FM 92.9 every Monday night, 10:30- 1am. You'll see what it means when we say people are suffering in this country. People are going through things. So if you have the resources to help, pls do and forget about all this analysis, na story. The guy also asked us to pray for him, so do that if you can.

@Aisha. How far. Let us know exactly what is going on.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by r231(m): 12:30pm On May 21, 2010
well done guys for trying to help this man

@op
well lets knw the progress and if there is anything else you want us to do

i am willing to help as well
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by chiejik(f): 12:33pm On May 21, 2010
the guy said he has being bound from contributing on NL.we do commounicate on my mail.pls help a needy soul. ok

thanks aisha2
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by toluxa1(m): 12:36pm On May 21, 2010
odiaero_:

[color=#000099]am ready to help th poster with the 5,000 weekly, but now with all this am hearing, i can still help him, but this time around the poster we hv to prove to me that he is not a scammer, cos all some of this replies hv really killed my spirit.

You don start with this your prove prove prove again. Lol
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by toluxa1(m): 12:38pm On May 21, 2010
chiejik:

the guy said he has being bound from contributing on NL.
bound from contributing, as in?
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 21, 2010
r231:

well done guys for trying to help this man

@op
well lets knw the progress and if there is anything else you want us to do

i am willing to help as well

shocked  shocked  shocked

You are helping somebody, when you've not given me the money I asked you to yesterday! You've not paid junior's school fees and you've not sent that money to mama!

You can't do this oh!!  shocked  grin
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by xamphara: 12:41pm On May 21, 2010
too long a complaint, but i checked and realised u ar a graduate! damn
check this possibility. U can make it with home-grown ideas. Make money independent of government
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by mbulela: 12:43pm On May 21, 2010
all these self made people get on my raw nerves!!!!
If you made it without anyone's help, well i got news for you.
It is a rare exception.
Most of us need people to make it.
Whether the guy is throwing a pity party or not is irrelevant.
after all after the pity party, if we decide not to help him,he has two options.either commit suicide or help himself.

i am more worried that the guy has just disappeared from the thread.
Several solutions have been offered to his request.
all he needs to do is just to 'get up and walk'.
all the sanctimonious sermons about making it without anyone's help is out of place and irrelevant.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by odiaero3(m): 12:45pm On May 21, 2010
toluxa1:

You don start with this your prove prove prove again. Lol
no u can see the first time i was willing without thinking about scam, but when other begin to repply the post, it just almost killed my spirit totally, anyway, am ready to help him base on weekly 5,000, may God be the judge if he is a scammer
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by odereghi(m): 12:51pm On May 21, 2010
when i read the entire story, it immediately occurred to me that the whole thing is a SCAM.

For instance, he normally visits the cyber cafe to post this whole thing; the question is '' how can he abandon satisfying hunger and wasted the money on a cyber cafe if he is that poor?

Let him tell us where he lives in Rivers state so that i can carry out and investigation because i am also from Rivers state and i currently live and work in Rivers state. Failure to react to this post will prove his entire story a scam with an intention.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by MeGaStReEt: 12:54pm On May 21, 2010
Some people do not understand what it means to wake up every morning without ANY hope of having food to eat, you look at your back and front, left and right no hope, no helper and the next thing is "God whats this, No be people dey troway food so, Why is my case different? Life is full of ups and downs,  you will see alot of people on the street, dressed in a fine suit and trousier, they have not eaten for days, yet they don't have the courage to tell anyone about it, I am glad this poster has the courage to come in here and tell us what so many youths have concealed for years, I DONT believe this is a scam, Sometimes you look at yourself like someone who is suffering and have not hope, but when you hear or read about other people situation, then you will know you still have hope,

when i read Aisha, Chiejik and Bim4u poste, I couldn't help but to sheard tears, There are Nairalanders and There are Kind Nairalanders, God bless the hand that giveth, your reward is from above

God bless NL
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by chiejik(f): 12:56pm On May 21, 2010
ha baaa guy this world is a small place
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by toluxa1(m): 1:07pm On May 21, 2010
odiaero_:

no u can see the first time i was willing without thinking about scam, but when other begin to repply the post, it just almost killed my spirit totally,

Same thing you did in my case abi?
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by hackney(m): 1:17pm On May 21, 2010
Can the poster respond to all of aqva's posts.
then some of us will send him real money or whatever.

But if he can post geniune and matching docs we will be sure to help.
(i wonder why he read physiology when he had the chance to school)
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by odereghi(m): 1:18pm On May 21, 2010
All those that are sympathizing with the poster over the cork and bull story he posted are just deceiving themselves.

Shine your eyes does not mean you should open your eyes wide.

The poster is a complete criminal who has come to this forum to deceive you guys just to collect and pocket your money.

The above story by the poster had never existed, it's not existing and will never exist.

The poster must explain seriously to nairalanders where and how his mother and other relatives that were involve in the above story can be reach out to and get arrested on grounds of child labour/maltreatment.

It is only on this note that we can be able to tell whether the story by the poster is real or not real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Excited Nigerian Mother Shares Birthday Gift Her Kids Got Her With Lunch Money / Mohbad: Where’s Imole’s Mother ? / It's Stupidity To Divorce Your Wife Because She Cheats On You - Nigerian Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.