Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Is It Ok If I Refuse To Tell My Dad How Much I Earn? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ok If I Refuse To Tell My Dad How Much I Earn? (739 Views)

Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister / If You Were Bobrisky's DAD, How Will You Correct Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok If I Refuse To Tell My Dad How Much I Earn? by BlueLORD: 7:41am On Apr 23, 2018
?
Re: Is It Ok If I Refuse To Tell My Dad How Much I Earn? by josephobaro(m): 7:46am On Apr 23, 2018
What your father sees when he sits down, even if you climb an iroko tree, you wouldn't see.
Re: Is It Ok If I Refuse To Tell My Dad How Much I Earn? by kunlesufyan(m): 7:47am On Apr 23, 2018
Ok
Re: Is It Ok If I Refuse To Tell My Dad How Much I Earn? by midolian(m): 8:01am On Apr 23, 2018
Depending on the kind of dad you have..

If he is in a position to help you get a good Federal Job, let him do it and stop saying Federal jobs make people lazy.. just because you want to prove Buhari wrong grin grin..

Some dads see and treat their children like normal investment where they just cant wait to get returns on the money invested, so they ll do anything to drain you with responsibilities until God touches their heart..This kind of dads, the best way to handle them is..tell them you earn like 50% of what you earn..so that the responsibilities on you will be bearable.. and if you choose to do more, they ll appreciate it.
Re: Is It Ok If I Refuse To Tell My Dad How Much I Earn? by dominique(f): 8:07am On Apr 23, 2018
Me I want federal work o. The work hours are quite flexibe, ideal for a mum of young children like myself.

@topic. I don't see anything wrong in discussing your income with your dad despite the reservations you have about wanting to. Explain to him why the career path you're paving for yourself is the right one for your future aspirations.
Re: Is It Ok If I Refuse To Tell My Dad How Much I Earn? by ImaIma1(f): 8:19am On Apr 23, 2018
I don't think you should tell him what you earn because as you said he mighy start keeping tabs and ask what you are doing with your money.

If he is a kind of dad that is demanding and is not financially buoyant, he might expect too much financial commitments from you. And you will start completing projects he didn't finish while you will not have anything for yourself at the end.

Just be wise about it and use your discretion.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok If I Refuse To Tell My Dad How Much I Earn? by sisisioge: 9:02am On Apr 23, 2018
Hmmm...since he asked for an exact figure, give him like 70% of your salary figure and let him know the cost of doing the job is 80% of that. Let him know you are happy to gather experience there pending when something better lands on your laps.

By the way, who says something is wrong with Federal job? Take on one and make a difference!

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok If I Refuse To Tell My Dad How Much I Earn? by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 23, 2018
BlueLORD:
I finished NYSC some two weeks ago and resumed work the very next day after POP. Got my official appointment letter some days afterwards (same PPA)and though the pay is not the best in town, it is ok for a starter. The HR outrightly told me that I was being considered as someone without experience whereas I had served with them and did my job excellently well. I was ok with the decision by the way.

The big issue now is my father wants to know how much the salary is, because he has always wanted me to do some federal job. I've had my reservations with federal jobs, I think they make people lazy and don't equip enough, a would be business owner, with the best managerial skills and the thoroughness of task execution.

I told my dad that I would call him back though it's an excuse to second thought if it's ok for me to let him know or not. My reason is: I DON'T WANT ANYONE KEEPING TAB ON MY ACCOUNT

For the records, I consider my father as next to God and i got plans to make him super comfortable as my wealth accrues.

Please advise.

The only people in this world who TRULY feel pleased when you outperform them, are your parents. Don't throw away the wealth of experience they can use to advise you by keeping information from them. Tell him your concerns about FG work, he will understand.
Re: Is It Ok If I Refuse To Tell My Dad How Much I Earn? by BlueLORD: 5:21pm On Apr 23, 2018
Thank you guys for the comments above, they are quite helpful.

(1) (Reply)

I Need List Of All Baby Stuffs I'm Expected To Buy. / Lekan Shonde Sentenced To Death For Wife's Murder .. (story Behind The Story) / Once In A While, Do Something Crazy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.