Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... - Autos (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... (26344 Views)

Insurance Services: Get Your Motor Insurance/renewal Within 5mins / Contact Us For Your Motor Spare Parts Such As Toyota,nissan,honda, Etc / How Your Motor Fluids Can Get You Killed... Must Read!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nicholas4(m): 1:32pm On Jan 26, 2019
MotorGuru:

Please provide Vin of car.

cc. Gazzuzz, Earthrealm
2T1BR32E04C824035.
Thank you
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
adejide2:

I don't like xterra because of high cost of maintenance. Between 4runner and pathfinder which one is better and the year considering the about criteria listed above.
Please go for the 4 runner.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by adejide2: 1:38pm On Jan 26, 2019
MotorGuru:

Please go for the 4 runner.
Some of them have ball joints problems like Honda so which of year do you think is better. Also why preferring it over highlander or lexus
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:50pm On Jan 26, 2019
Nicholas4:

2T1BR32E04C824035.
Thank you

It is compatible.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kingreign(m): 4:24pm On Jan 26, 2019
adejide2:

I don't like xterra because of high cost of maintenance. Between 4runner and pathfinder which one is better and the year considering the about criteria listed above.
Xterra high cost of maintenance?

Hmmmm. Na Wa o!
Wetin person go talk about 4runner and pathfinder? Them fit be extra high cost of maintenance too o!

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nicholas4(m): 12:29am On Jan 27, 2019
MotorGuru:

It is compatible.
Thank you. I installed the new SRS module yesterday and programmed it to my vehicle but the check airbag light is still on and scanning still showed no fault. I suspect the SRS module I bought may be faulty or have a crash data. Please is there any way you can assist me in getting a clean one. I would really be grateful
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:46am On Jan 27, 2019
adejide2:

Both are very solid cars. The Pathfinder is a more luxurious ride but will suffer more if it's been poorly maintained. Due diligence is needed.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:31am On Jan 27, 2019
Nicholas4:

Thank you. I installed the new SRS module yesterday and programmed it to my vehicle but the check airbag light is still on and scanning still showed no fault. I suspect the SRS module I bought may be faulty or have a crash data. Please is there any way you can assist me in getting a clean one. I would really be grateful

Try another. But first of all get a scanner that can scan airbag systems deeply and scan.
For the light to still be on , there is still code.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:32pm On Jan 27, 2019
Here
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:16am On Jan 28, 2019
For you
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kingreign(m): 2:40pm On Jan 28, 2019
Nicholas4:
Good evening Motoguru. I posted earlier about my toyota corolla airbag light that didn't go off and suggested a new srs ECU. I'm about ordering another SRS ECU. Must the part number of the new one be identical with that of the old. The faulty one is 89170-02L00 while the one I'm buying is 89170-02190. Both 2004 corolla . Please will it work

Chat me up I'd give you a walk thru on how to go about the SRS system off.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kingreign(m): 2:40pm On Jan 28, 2019
Nicholas4:
Good evening Motoguru. I posted earlier about my toyota corolla airbag light that didn't go off and suggested a new srs ECU. I'm about ordering another SRS ECU. Must the part number of the new one be identical with that of the old. The faulty one is 89170-02L00 while the one I'm buying is 89170-02190. Both 2004 corolla . Please will it work

Chat me up I'd give you a walk thru on how to go about the SRS system off. 07034581213
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Donchibyon: 2:51pm On Jan 28, 2019
My Honda accord 2000 model automatic transmission is not able to enter the next gear . It enters reverse and gear one smoothly but will rev up without shifting to the next unless I put it in neutral and back to D4. When driving down a slope it seems to skip the problematic gear and will drive smoothly until you slow down and the problem starts again. Please help me solve the problem.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 3:41pm On Jan 28, 2019
Donchibyon:
My Honda accord 2000 model automatic transmission is not able to enter the next gear . It enters reverse and gear one smoothly but will rev up without shifting to the next unless I put it in neutral and back to D4. When driving down a slope it seems to skip the problematic gear and will drive smoothly until you slow down and the problem starts again. Please help me solve the problem.

Transmission is on its last leg. You may have to prepare for a replacement.

What oil are you using?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 5:52am On Jan 29, 2019
Here.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by tripoli007(m): 10:04am On Jan 29, 2019
Morning guys , my 2005 Camry smokes in the morning when I start it but after 5-10 mins ,it dissapears .. The oil consumption has also increased .. I contacted my mechanic he said I will have to ring the engine ,I then contacted another trusted mechanics and he said only the valve needs to be replaced .. I live in Lagos
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:11am On Jan 29, 2019
tripoli007:
Morning guys , my 2005 Camry smokes in the morning when I start it but after 5-10 mins ,it dissapears .. The oil consumption has also increased .. I contacted my mechanic he said I will have to ring the engine ,I then contacted another trusted mechanics and he said only the valve needs to be replaced .. I live in Lagos

Your valve stem seals may be the culprit. Change them and you should be fine.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by tripoli007(m): 10:16am On Jan 29, 2019
MotorGuru:

Your valve stem seals may be the culprit. Change them and you should be fine.

Sir do you have a price range of what these might cost ?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:25am On Jan 29, 2019
tripoli007:

Sir do you have a price range of what these might cost ?

Cc. Gazzuzz

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by TobiDirax(m): 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2019
Hello Auto Guru,

I just got a Honda Accord 2006 model. Please I would like your advice on the following questions

1. What Engine oil and Gear oil will you recommend for this car.

2. What are the issues or factory default problems that comes with the car and how best to manage it.

Thanks bro
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 3:35pm On Jan 30, 2019
TobiDirax:
Hello Auto Guru,

I just got a Honda Accord 2006 model. Please I would like your advice on the following questions

1. What Engine oil and Gear oil will you recommend for this car.

2. What are the issues or factory default problems that comes with the car and how best to manage it.

Thanks bro

The most reliable bunch of the 7th generation(last year of production).

Use ONLY genuine Honda fluids for the gearbox (Honda DW1) and the power steering . Check for power steering rack leaks which may signal a steering rack failure.

For Best Engine performance use synthetic 5w-20 engine oil (although i would recommend 5w-30 due to high mileage). You can contact Gazzuzz for Mobil 1 engine oil.

It is equipped with a double wishbone suspension at the front, with the lower ball joint being a load bearing type. Check for creaking sound when turning steering from left to right to see if you have a bad ball joint.(Not a reliable test though)

Ensure there is no electrical abuse of any kind at the engine bay area (e.g. fan coming on once ignition is switched on and AC is off.

pic 1 honda atf (DW1)
pic 2 honda power steering fluid

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by TobiDirax(m): 4:56pm On Jan 30, 2019
MotorGuru:

The most reliable bunch of the 7th generation(last year of production).

Use ONLY genuine Honda fluids for the gearbox (Honda DW1) and the power steering . Check for power steering rack leaks which may signal a steering rack failure.

For Best Engine performance use synthetic 5w-20 engine oil (although i would recommend 5w-30 due to high mileage). You can contact Gazzuzz for Mobil 1 engine oil.

It is equipped with a double wishbone suspension at the front, with the lower ball joint being a load bearing type. Check for creaking sound when turning steering from left to right to see if you have a bad ball joint.(Not a reliable test though)

Ensure there is no electrical abuse of any kind at the engine bay area (e.g. fan coming on once ignition is switched on and AC is off.

pic 1 honda atf (DW1)
pic 2 honda power steering fluid

Thanks for your detailed explanation and clarification.

I really do appreciate.

Thanks.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:11am On Jan 31, 2019
Here!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:33am On Jan 31, 2019
For you
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:38am On Jan 31, 2019
here
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:39am On Jan 31, 2019
available
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:41am On Jan 31, 2019
for you
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:43am On Jan 31, 2019
here
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:51am On Jan 31, 2019
available
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:56am On Jan 31, 2019
here
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 12:37pm On Jan 31, 2019
for you
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 3:14pm On Jan 31, 2019
here

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

**** Very Clean Mack Trucks And Tippers At Affordale Prices! (Pics included)**** / Get Your Cheap Cars From Cotonu With Original Custom Papers, new bb pin-7C85D855 / 2015 Model Ford Edge Titanium Toks Fully Loaded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.