Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... - Autos (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... (26339 Views)

Insurance Services: Get Your Motor Insurance/renewal Within 5mins / Contact Us For Your Motor Spare Parts Such As Toyota,nissan,honda, Etc / How Your Motor Fluids Can Get You Killed... Must Read!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 6:02pm On Jan 31, 2019
Available
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:57pm On Jan 31, 2019
Here...
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:08am On Feb 01, 2019
Happy new month people

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:17am On Feb 01, 2019
for your unbiased reviews
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by TobiDirax(m): 9:24am On Feb 01, 2019
MotorGuru:
here

Hello Auto Guru,

Please this request is in sequence to my last question on Honda Accord 2006. I noticed my car check engine came on after I refuelled at a filling station. The light has not gone off since coming on.

Please what can I do to this?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:40am On Feb 01, 2019
TobiDirax:

Hello Auto Guru,

Please this request is in sequence to my last question on Honda Accord 2006. I noticed my car check engine came on after I refuelled at a filling station. The light has not gone off since coming on.

Please what can I do to this?

It is most likely your Evaporative Emissions system.

Did you overfill your tank? Did you forget to close your filler cap properly? If your filler cap faulty?

Any of these should explain your Check engine light came on.

To be sure you can scan for codes and post the codes here or on https://www.instagram.com/mymotorguru/?hl=en

If you cant scan, remove your negative battery terminal or ECU fuse for 10 seconds and put it back (if your radio goes into code and you dont have the code, pls dont do this o!, and ensure the key is not in the ignition)
Light will go off.
if it comes back on then you definitely need to scan the car.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:42am On Feb 01, 2019
unbiased review
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by dasauce(m): 11:13am On Feb 01, 2019
MotorGuru:
unbiased review

Chief.. my Honda Accord has been doing some jacking whenever I shift the gear to Drive.. the Automech has change the gear sensor and still no solution.
Any advise on how to go about this sir
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:52am On Feb 01, 2019
dasauce:

Chief.. my Honda Accord has been doing some jacking whenever I shift the gear to Drive.. the Automech has change the gear sensor and still no solution.
Any advise on how to go about this sir

Perform a scan first sir.
Then get a mechanic to inspect all your engine and transmission mounts (engine and gear sitting)

finally did you ever drive through flood? or does your coolant gets short(this is to rule out brainbox problems )
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by obinnanelson4(m): 1:23pm On Feb 01, 2019
MotorGuru:
unbiased review
Happy New month MotorGuru and every one.
My mechanic has schedule the top gasket of my Civic to be changed tomorrow morning so as to resolve the radiator coolant shortage.
He made mention of doubling the gasket. I asked him why and he said it's because of our temperate region that one gasket can't hold the heat, pls how ideal is that?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 3:08pm On Feb 01, 2019
obinnanelson4:

Happy New month MotorGuru and every one.
My mechanic has schedule the top gasket of my Civic to be changed tomorrow morning so as to resolve the radiator coolant shortage.
He made mention of doubling the gasket. I asked him why and he said it's because of our temperate region that one gasket can't hold the heat, pls how ideal is that?

bad idea.

Did you experience overheating with the car?
Ensure the Top cylinder is not warped.
Ensure you use only genuine gasket for your car.
Contact Luvinhubby on this forum for the original one.

IF your Top cylinder is not warped, on gasket is enough.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by dasauce(m): 12:18am On Feb 02, 2019
MotorGuru:

Perform a scan first sir.
Then get a mechanic to inspect all your engine and transmission mounts (engine and gear sitting)

finally did you ever drive through flood? or does your coolant gets short(this is to rule out brainbox problems )

Big Chief.. I did a scan today.. and I got loads of issues, ranging from misfiring, transmission and air system.. I instructed the scan guy to send the screenshot to me on WhatsApp and he's been avoiding my chats reason cuz he said he can fix all the issue.
But his charges are way too high and he suspect I might take it to another Mech.
Lastly I drove it through flood early this week.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:43am On Feb 02, 2019
dasauce:

Big Chief.. I did a scan today.. and I got loads of issues, ranging from misfiring, transmission and air system.. I instructed the scan guy to send the screenshot to me on WhatsApp and he's been avoiding my chats reason cuz he said he can fix all the issue.
But his charges are way too high and he suspect I might take it to another Mech.
Lastly I drove it through flood early this week.

Please get another person to scan it for you. You can post the codes here
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by dasauce(m): 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2019
MotorGuru:

Please get another person to scan it for you. You can post the codes here

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by emmyammy: 8:43pm On Feb 02, 2019
pls advice me, am planning to buy a Nigeria used Honda accord 2003/2005 model ED
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by TobiDirax(m): 9:18pm On Feb 02, 2019
MotorGuru:

It is most likely your Evaporative Emissions system.

Did you overfill your tank? Did you forget to close your filler cap properly? If your filler cap faulty?

Any of these should explain your Check engine light came on.

To be sure you can scan for codes and post the codes here or on https://www.instagram.com/mymotorguru/?hl=en

If you cant scan, remove your negative battery terminal or ECU fuse for 10 seconds and put it back (if your radio goes into code and you dont have the code, pls dont do this o!, and ensure the key is not in the ignition)
Light will go off.
if it comes back on then you definitely need to scan the car.

I didn't overfill my tank. Neither did I forget to close my filler cap and my filler is not bad as well.

However, I will try the option of removing the battery negative terminal as instructed tomorrow. I will let you know what happens afterwards.

Thanks for your time.

I appreciate.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by obinnanelson4(m): 9:39pm On Feb 02, 2019
My Mechanic changed the top gasket of my Civic today. The radiator was no longer producing bubbles. I drove the car for quite some distance and discovered the engine was not as smooth as it used to be. He said the old top gasket got burnt that after some time this new one will set and the engine will return to normal.
Attached is the old gasket.

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 7:40am On Feb 03, 2019
[quote author=dasauce post=75355249][/quote]

Your brainbox is compromised.

However for other codes, clear the codes and recan again.

If the brainbox codes ( P1607) come up again, replace brainbox.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 7:41am On Feb 03, 2019
emmyammy:
pls advice me, am planning to buy a Nigeria used Honda accord 2003/2005 model ED

Shine your eye sir. Get a good mechanic to inspect the car for you comprehensively.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 7:42am On Feb 03, 2019
obinnanelson4:
My Mechanic changed the top gasket of my Civic today. The radiator was no longer producing bubbles. I drove the car for quite some distance and discovered the engine was not as smooth as it used to be. He said the old top gasket got burnt that after some time this new one will set and the engine will return to normal.
Attached is the old gasket.

Get another mechanic to check your timing.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by obinnanelson4(m): 9:40am On Feb 03, 2019
MotorGuru:

Get another mechanic to check your timing.
Ok sir, will do that tomorrow.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by martyns200(m): 10:07am On Feb 03, 2019
morning motor guru, is there any significant difference between the models of corolla, 05-08 and do they all use the same parts
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by martyns200(m): 10:08am On Feb 03, 2019
goodmorning, motor guru, is there any significant difference between the models of corolla, 05-08 and do they all use the same parts
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 12:32pm On Feb 03, 2019
martyns200:
goodmorning, motor guru, is there any significant difference between the models of corolla, 05-08 and do they all use the same parts

Just a few cosmetic differences. Mechanicals is basically the same.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2019
Available for you
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:29am On Feb 04, 2019
here
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:32pm On Feb 04, 2019
available
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:23am On Feb 05, 2019
here
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by dicksonadams(m): 8:13pm On Feb 06, 2019
Oga guru win this bid for 300k on copart it is run and drive , do you know a good Honda mechanic in Gbagada area? Also what is your thought on Honda Civic 2008 LX maintainability, life cycles etc
https://www.copart.com/lot/24317769

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:31pm On Feb 07, 2019
Cc. Mayor2013
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by NeyofeedNigEnt: 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2019
Please Motor Guru
I have a 2005 mercedes Benz ML.
The gear is working very good and select smoothly but sometimes I noticed some sound from d gear when I shift it to drive and no sound when shifted to neutral.
Today I checked the gear oil I noticed is somehow dirty.

What can be done pls
If I should change my oil which one is advisable?
Should I change the filter too or just d oil?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:35pm On Feb 07, 2019
NeyofeedNigEnt:
Please Motor Guru
I have a 2005 mercedes Benz ML.
The gear is working very good and select smoothly but sometimes I noticed some sound from d gear when I shift it to drive and no sound when shifted to neutral.
Today I checked the gear oil I noticed is somehow dirty.

What can be done pls
If I should change my oil which one is advisable?
Should I change the filter too or just d oil?

Very, very diecy situation here.
Your gearbox has been poorly maintained by not changing the gear oil regularly.
Ideally your gear oil should be replaced together with a brand new gear oil filter fitted( and then pray to God that nothing happens.
But following the competence of our mechanics, only perform a drain and refill, at least 3 times with genuine Mercedes Benz atf fliud.
Another option is to continue driving it untouched until it gives up, the replace gear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

Get Your Cars From Cotonou Port With Ease: Low Milage ,clean And Good Price ! / **** Very Clean Mack Trucks And Tippers At Affordale Prices! (Pics included)**** / Get Your Cheap Cars From Cotonu With Original Custom Papers, new bb pin-7C85D855

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.