Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? (1824 Views)

My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings / Husbands Lack Of Sex And Intimacy In Our Marriage / My Fiancee Left Me After I Used Our Marriage Money For My Mother's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by z11111: 2:56pm On Apr 24, 2018
Good evening Jzhane,

I am very sad and unhappy. Please post my story. I need help. I just got married last November but I am sincerely not happy in my marriage. I dont know what to do. Its too early to be complaining but see where I have found myself. I am so depressed and I dont know what to do.When I was dating and courting my husband,his siblings were always a problem for us. My husband's father is late and he being the first son,he is responsible for his siblings. I was afraid this would be a problem for us but I was counseled by everyone to take it easy and be patient.

After our wedding,my husband's youngest brother came to live with us two weeks after. I didnt like the idea considering the fact that we just got married. I asked my husband why,he said,he was on holiday. The annoying thing is that this boy is so spoilt,he does not do anything,all he does is eat and leave the plates for me to wash. In January,he left for school and the very next day,another sibling came. This time,his sister. This sister is very possessive. She enters our room anyhow ,like its hers. She also does not like to do anything but eat. She does not respect me cos she says we are age mates. I try and keep quiet for peace sake.

She left in February and returned in March. This time,I couldnt take her disrespect anymore and I brought it up to my husband. My husband asked me to...

....read full story and other stories on the blog :

https://livelystones.com.ng/his-siblings-versus-our-marriage-is-this-the-end-of-my-marriage/
Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by jeff1607(m): 4:13pm On Apr 24, 2018
don't t know how men tolerate relatives staying with them, as for me, anything after 3 days you kapput.

wife first anything comes later.

when a home is on fire, a woman can go to her friends place or parents place same as during omugwo but a man must stay to fix his home.

2 Likes

Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by Samuelgr8: 8:47pm On Apr 24, 2018
Obviously, this is the effect of lack of counselling b4 marriage
jeff1607:
don't t know how men tolerate relatives staying with them, as for me, anything after 3 days you kapput.

when a home is on fire, a woman can go to her friends place or parents place same as during omugwo but a man must stay to fix his home.
Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by z11111: 6:46pm On Apr 26, 2018
smiley smiley

Samuelgr8:
Obviously, this is the effect of lack of counselling b4 marriage
Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by Samuelgr8: 9:18pm On Apr 26, 2018
Abeg open ur hands to his family n u have peace
Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by kelish(f): 9:46pm On Apr 26, 2018
Na wa o, i guess you should just act a like normal house mate for the time being. pretend you dnt care anymore and remember to but it in prayers. Thank God you have a job e for bad for you.
Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by z11111: 10:29pm On Apr 26, 2018
Correct.

Husband should always consider the wife point of view.

jeff1607:

Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by Destiblack(m): 1:12am On Apr 27, 2018
madam,u can never stop his family from coming to ur house by query but by patient,respect n love. show her love by settling with her n become good friends. when dat love exist she will b d one asking u what d family will eat for d day. utilize dis opportunity n when ur husband sees the care,love n respect for his family,he will b d one asking u for food n sex. u over reacted by locking ur kitchen. be patient,love n respect his family.
No better home in d world like urs,pls value n love where u r n what u have. pls stop dis hatred for his family because of their home training or brought up.
Time will come when she will realise marriage is necessary to b in her home not urs.
Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by Marshalxv(m): 1:38am On Apr 27, 2018
Women and their wahala, you forget that his siblings has been a part of him almost all his life, you came into the picture just last year and you want to disengage them already. You said it yourself that he's like the father of the family now in the absence of his father. The best thing is to make peace with his siblings and discuss the rest with your husband.

1 Like

Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by z11111: 7:02pm On Apr 27, 2018
making sense.

Marshalxv:
Women and their wahala, you forget that his siblings has been a part of him almost all his life, you came into the picture just last year and you want to disengage them already. You said it yourself that he's like the father of the family now in the absence of his father. The best thing is to make peace with his siblings and discuss the rest with your husband.
Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by Beke2020: 7:07am On Apr 28, 2018
It's said when a woman marries a man, the man's family is also included
Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by missiret(f): 9:32am On Apr 28, 2018
The first thing you must know is that you cant stop his family from visiting, family is everything to even to you, he is like the father of the house , it is your husband that should set boundaries for them, why would his sister Be disrespecting you in your home, though I am not married yet but I will never allow any of my siblings or even my parent disrespect my guy not to talk of my future husband, this is where patience and wisdom application comes in, wisdom is profitable in all things, so get wisdom, dont let them see you as a bad wife, it is just a matter of time, they too will marry one day and again how do u even expect his family members not to come to your house?

Secondly, All women has a common problem including me, it is hard to see two guys living together having issues but women o, they will fight sa ni.. When it comes to marriage, it is easy for a lady to leave with her family members more than her in laws because what her sister will do to her and she will talk to her and even slap her and just forget, she may not b able to talk if it were the in laws simply because she wont want to offend them in the process of saying her mind and some in laws sef are just too insensitive, they just behave anyhow not knowing the consequence of their behaviors in the home, so family interference should be limited from both sides in the family
Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by Beke2020: 5:55pm On Apr 28, 2018
cool cool
missiret:
The first thing you must know is that you cant stop his family from visiting, family is everything to even to you, he is like the father of the house , it is your husband that should set boundaries for them, why would his sister Be disrespecting you in your home, though I am not married yet but I will never allow any of my siblings or even my parent disrespect my guy not to talk of my future husband, this is where patience and wisdom application comes in, wisdom is profitable in all things, so get wisdom, dont let them see you as a bad wife, it is just a matter of time, they too will marry one day and again how do u even expect his family members not to come to your house?

Secondly, All women has a common problem including me, it is hard to see two guys living together having issues but women o, they will fight sa ni.. When it comes to marriage, it is easy for a lady to leave with her family members more than her in laws because what her sister will do to her and she will talk to her and even slap her and just forget, she may not b able to talk if it were the in laws simply because she wont want to offend them in the process of saying her mind and some in laws sef are just too insensitive, they just behave anyhow not knowing the consequence of their behaviors in the home, so family interference should be limited from both sides in the family
Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by Samuelgr8: 12:44am On May 01, 2018
most ladies will exclude themselves. thumb up for been truthful
missiret:

Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by z11111: 6:57am On May 22, 2018
True !!

missiret:

Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by jorion(m): 9:04am On May 22, 2018
I really do hope I never get to face this dilemma cos my siblings are very important o. Infact, God, Mom, Siblings, Laptop then woman. So I hope to meet someone who is understand.
Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by Cuteamigo1(m): 9:49am On May 22, 2018
jorion:
I really do hope I never get to face this dilemma cos my siblings are very important o. Infact, God, Mom, Siblings, Laptop then woman. So I hope to meet someone who is understand.
what about dad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by z11111: 9:27pm On May 24, 2018
Amen

Cuteamigo1:
what about dad

1 Like

Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by z11111: 7:43am On May 26, 2018
hmm
Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by z11111: 9:41am On Jun 03, 2018
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

This Beautiful Young lady urgently needs our help!!(pictures) / Never Propose/marry A Lady That Keep Lot Of Guys Around / Male Prostitute Shares Photos Of His Wives' Naked Butts With Tattoos Of His Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.