Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,794 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? (1478 Views)

My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help / Wife Eloped With Her Lover After Our Marriage / Our Marriage Maybe Seriously Falling Apart: Please Advise Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by Beke2020: 5:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
Good evening Jzhane,

I am very sad and unhappy. Please post my story. I need help. I just got married last November but I am sincerely not happy in my marriage. I dont know what to do. Its too early to be complaining but see where I have found myself. I am so depressed and I dont know what to do.When I was dating and courting my husband,his siblings were always a problem for us. My husband’s father is late and he being the first son,he is responsible for his siblings. I was afraid this would be a problem for us but I was counseled by everyone to take it easy and be patient.

After our wedding,my husband’s youngest brother came to live with us two weeks after. I didnt like the idea considering the fact that we just got married. I asked my husband why,he said,he was on holiday. The annoying thing is that this boy is so spoilt,he does not do anything,all he does is eat and leave the plates for me to wash. In January,he left for school and the very next day,another sibling came. This time,his sister. This sister is very possessive. She enters our room anyhow ,like its hers. She also does not like to do anything but eat. She does not respect me cos she says we are age mates. I try and keep quiet for peace sake.

Ad banner
She left in February and returned in March. This time,I couldnt take her disrespect anymore and I brought it up to my husband. My husband asked me to tolerate her. He said,his siblings are his family and he cannot abandon them cos he is married. He asks me to overlook all the sister is doing so I will not be seen as not wanting them around our house. I felt really bad cos my husband did not take my concerns seriously. One day,I got home from work and I wanted to make a quick dinner with the little chicken I left in the freezer. I found out that the sister had....Read full story from:

https://livelystones.com.ng/his-siblings-versus-our-marriage-is-this-the-end-of-my-marriage/
Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by Obainoneandonly(m): 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2018
don't u know dat blood is thicker than akamu
Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by 9jaown(m): 7:17pm On Apr 24, 2018
Madam!! His family is yours and yours His. His brother not washing plate is not an issue, even me self won’t wash plate sef. His sister entering his room!! That’s not an issue, they grew up together so you don’t know maybe it was normal for them. Try and understand his family and be a good, don’t create issue were there is non. Tips on Marriage 101. Go get . Cole album . grin

Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by Samuelgr8: 8:50pm On Apr 24, 2018
Lack of couselling b4 marriage playing out here
Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by Emvicprints1: 1:26am On Apr 25, 2018
you just want to walk out of marriage like that. just like that?
Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by Beke2020: 6:37am On Apr 25, 2018
Emvicprints1:
you just want to walk out of marriage like that. just like that?
imagine! Marriage not up to six months. Why go into it in the first place?
Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by jossypet(m): 10:49am On Apr 25, 2018
Seek marriage counseling from ur spiritual leaders. Ur marriage can and should work if u both will heed to counseling n advice drawn from the word of God.
Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by ImaIma1(f): 12:01pm On Apr 25, 2018
You should learn to speak up. Tell him that he cannot be leaving his plates unwashed that you do not have a maid. If he just came to visit and was leaving same day, then it is ok. But as long as he is staying, he should wash his plates. And please say it when your husband is there and politely too, so that he will not twist the story to his brother.

You also need to tell his sister in front of him that she cannot be entering your room unannounced. It was his room before but now it is for both of you. You guys are married and she has to respect that.

They need to extend the respect they have for their brother to you. You should not be treated like an outsider because you are not one. You are their new sister and should be treated accordingly.

I am even surprised how your husband overlooks all of this. All this is his fault. I cannot even try it with my brother. Am i mad??

2 Likes

Re: His Siblings Versus Our Marriage: Is This The End Of My Marriage? by Beke2020: 6:47am On Apr 26, 2018
God bless you, I think this it. You nailed it. This are the kind of reply I love seeing on the blog. We have a lot of reserved, intelligent ladies here on NL. Am so impressed
ImaIma1:
You should learn to speak up. Tell him that he cannot be leaving his plates unwashed that you do not have a maid. If he just came to visit and was leaving same day, then it is ok. But as long as he is staying, he should wash his plates. And please say it when your husband is there and politely too, so that he will not twist the story to his brother.

You also need to tell his sister in front of him that she cannot be entering your room unannounced. It was his room before but now it is for both of you. You guys are married and she has to respect that.

They need to extend the respect they have for their brother to you. You should not be treated like an outsider because you are not one. You are their new sister and should be treated accordingly.

I am even surprised how your husband overlooks all of this. All this is his fault. I cannot even try it with my brother. Am i mad??

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Surprised! Alert From No Where. / Nairalanders, Please Save Me!!! / Are Women More Emotional Than Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.