Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic (15234 Views)

National ID Card Wahala / FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations / Nigerians Without National ID Card Won’t Get Travel Passports, Says NIMC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by alsudaes1(m): 9:41am On Apr 25, 2018
TroubleMaker47:
Useless ppl. National ID that takes 4yrs to process is what they are asking of?
This is the 5th year and counting that I registered, they (nimc) still say my card ain't ready
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by davidomowumi: 9:44am On Apr 25, 2018
14Ebisco:
The Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) has announced that international passport will no longer be issued to those who do not have national identity card number.

The NIS comptroller general, Mohammed Babandede, disclosed this on Tuesday at the opening ceremony of the 4th annual meeting of the ID4Africa movement hosted by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC).

According to Babandede, the development was part of the efforts to streamline the databases of all government institutions and agencies.

He said the streamlining was crucial and not just for security reasons, but also to aid economic and social planning.

He said, “Based on the president’s directive, we have committed to linking up with the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) to ensure that henceforth, when filling your passport details, you must produce your NIN number.

“We have also provided office space for NIMC in all our establishments nationwide. We are glad to also invite NIMC to all our foreign missions.”

According to him, through constant reforms, the immigration service has eliminated the era of multiple passport owners in the country.”

“In the past, when you buy food in restaurants abroad you will lose your passport and get another one. But today we have a single database; we are in 87 locations, including our 37 foreign missions,” he said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/immigration-moves-to-implement-no.html
Na God go punish you all.........
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by Charly68: 10:57am On Apr 25, 2018
This people must be sick upstairs I think,since 2013 or so now,I have done registration but nobody called me to come for my card ..so who is fooling who ?
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by talk2percy(m): 11:14am On Apr 25, 2018
Confused set of individuals that couldn't renew my expired passport under 24hrs and I have to go through the same process a person that hasn't gotten one before goes through even though it was at the same place I did it. A country without a data base! What has even changed in this country Where is the stupid change??
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 25, 2018
this is a propaganda by the president to stop Nigerians from traveling out of the country, but his plans will fail, is it not Nigeria my country, there must be a way around the national id issue.
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by Kassidy90(m): 12:33pm On Apr 25, 2018
I went to register for my national ID card yesterday after 2hours of waiting when it got to my turn I was told because my state of origin is Lagos I should go n get a letter of Intro from my Local Government despite having my Voters car and other personal documents with me....I just don't understand d way some things works in this country......and I too a great risk from work by going for dat nonsense
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by dayolove: 12:36pm On Apr 25, 2018
I think what is needed for one to provide here is your National Identification Number (NIN) which is contained in the slip given to such person after successful enrollment not the Identity Card itself. There are over 30million people now in the database from what i gathered and only few have gotten the smart card so there is no way they can insist on the card.

I also hear that you can retrieve your NIN (incase you have lost the slip) using the phone number you used to enrol by typing the short code *346// (hash) for MTN, Airtel and 9mobile. Only Glo is yet to come on live. If this is true, then you can just provide this number (NIN) the way you provide BVN when asked and you are good to go.

When i get more info on NIMC, i will share. I cover their office as a journalist

1 Like

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by dnawah(m): 1:20pm On Apr 25, 2018
14Ebisco:
The Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) has announced that international passport will no longer be issued to those who do not have national identity card number.

The NIS comptroller general, Mohammed Babandede, disclosed this on Tuesday at the opening ceremony of the 4th annual meeting of the ID4Africa movement hosted by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC).

According to Babandede, the development was part of the efforts to streamline the databases of all government institutions and agencies.

He said the streamlining was crucial and not just for security reasons, but also to aid economic and social planning.

He said, “Based on the president’s directive, we have committed to linking up with the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) to ensure that henceforth, when filling your passport details, you must produce your NIN number.

“We have also provided office space for NIMC in all our establishments nationwide. We are glad to also invite NIMC to all our foreign missions.”

According to him, through constant reforms, the immigration service has eliminated the era of multiple passport owners in the country.”

“In the past, when you buy food in restaurants abroad you will lose your passport and get another one. But today we have a single database; we are in 87 locations, including our 37 foreign missions,” he said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/immigration-moves-to-implement-no.html
them way d do card say them no do am 4 all Nigerians,una d talk wetin
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by Chrisjordan2015(m): 2:15pm On Apr 25, 2018
Aremson14:
The one i applied for since 2016 is not available till date

I applied since 2014. Still not ready
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by tejpot(m): 3:07pm On Apr 25, 2018
They only need your NIN not your card.
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by Isaiahlinco: 4:57pm On Apr 25, 2018
where can I go and register for the national ID card

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX / Why Lagosians Hate Using The Pedestrian Bridges / Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.