Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (997473 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 2:29pm On Jun 01, 2018
why?

wisdom77:

I will not suggest it's a good idea, you guys should apply as a family he can then do soft landing and return to Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 01, 2018
xtosync:
I received my notes from gcmsbuddy in exactly 1 month. The assessments are as follows, Any inputs e-FAM?

What type of employment letter did you submit ? Was it in CIC format and did you include payslips or salary account statements ? In short what were the documentations for your proof of employment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fuzzyman(f): 2:31pm On Jun 01, 2018
xtosync:

Hi @Sikuekue, I think I'm in same shoe with you. But yet to get the invite. Have you gone for the interview in Accra. How did it go? Please share.

Do you mind sharing the circumstances?

It might help others avoid an interview in the future?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by newbie18: 2:33pm On Jun 01, 2018
CanadianWasp:
Hi, please see my comments below. Hope it helps!

Thanks so much for your input.. I have decided to go with the cash statement for now and go for Tbills afterwards ( the upfront interest will help to keep body and soul okay till the golden mail comes through).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by newbie18: 2:34pm On Jun 01, 2018
einsteino:

You can do a money market mutual funds. Stanbic IbTC and Axa Mansard have competitive rates for money matket. You should get a marginally higher rate than Tbills. however unlike tbills interest isnt discounted, rather its credited on a daily basis. You are also allowed to liquidate your investment at anytime.

To answer your question, it isnt misrepresentation if you move your cash to an investment after submitting POF. However if an ADR for POF is issued, you would need to show documents to evidence that you had the cash and simply invested it. I started out with TBills, tenor elapsed and got ADR after reinvesting it, i simply submitted bank statements highlighting the credit alert on maturity date, the debit on date of reinvestment and of course the Certificates of investments.

Thanks boss... I really appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by newbie18: 2:36pm On Jun 01, 2018
ayaade1:
There are two types of tbills: Primary and secondary.
If you missed out on the primary auction, request for secondary. It is always available everyday, just that the rate might be a bit lower.

Another option is fixed deposit.

The upfront interest is of the essence.. I'll go for Tbills. Thanks for the response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by newbie18: 2:36pm On Jun 01, 2018
QSola:

I couldn't wait so i did fixed deposit. Why not try that. I even got the FD certificate the same day i requested for it

Okay bro.. It will surely end in praise..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by threadstone(m): 2:48pm On Jun 01, 2018
newbie18:

The upfront interest is of the essence.. I'll go for Tbills. Thanks for the response

Hello,
I will have said tbills but right now the interest rates favour fixed deposits. Good thing is you can withdraw your funds anytime.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by smslive2: 2:54pm On Jun 01, 2018
Thats the spirit... Have you written any of the papers or you are just starting?

You can also explore the below

smslive2:
While on the issue of 2 or more certificate... There is also an alternative to ACCA which has shown to have a positive outcome as mentioned by FLOSK.

Please see the syllabus for [url=https://www.cimaglobal.com/Global/2017%20Cert%20BA/Syllabus%20doc/Cert%20BA%20Syllabus%202017.pdf]CIMA CERTIFICATE IN BUSINESS ACCOUNTING[/url]
CIMA is objectives and also computer-based assessment... Pass mark though is a bit high... aim to get 70%.
Everyone who sits the exam will sit a completely different exam due to the questions being selected randomly... So no copy cop cat grin

Click here for Fees

Certificate in Business Accounting (per subject) - GBP 70
BA1 Fundamentals of Business Economics
BA2 Fundamentals of Management Accounting
BA3 Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
BA4 Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law

Each Cert BA paper will last for 2 hours.
BA1, BA2 and BA3 will have 60 questions that are a combination of combination of narrative and numerical questions.
BA4 will have 80 questions, only narrative.
Question types will be very much like those for the professional level:
Multiple Choice
Multiple Response
Number Entry
Drag and Drop
Hot Spot
Item Sets

CIMA Current pass rates

Ayaf tried grin grin grin grin grin

temibanks:

Maybe I'll just go ahead and take the risk. For y'all benefit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mosky47: 2:54pm On Jun 01, 2018
Thanks. I get now.

smslive2:
ITA for Manitoba Province not the 'ITA' you are thinking
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mosky47: 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2018
Yeah, it helps. Thanks
mamacajah:

That ITA is from Manitoba Province and not the EE ITA ..its also called letter of acceptance.
Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 01, 2018
o2:
I have just been nominated by Manitoba province and 600 marks have been added to my EE profile. My timeline is stated below.

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Rijo02: 3:02pm On Jun 01, 2018
xtosync:
I received my notes from gcmsbuddy in exactly 1 month. The assessments are as follows, Any inputs e-FAM?

Mixed feelings right? Well, you have an advantage. You already know ahead of time so prepare for it. Question: What do you think you submitted that would have led to an interview? Recommended preparation strategy: Start gathering all evidence of your documents and wait for their interview email to come. Your AOR and LVO will give you an idea on when you might be expecting the interview email.

I believe you will be fine.........Good luck!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mzjennypher(f): 3:04pm On Jun 01, 2018
Guitarlife:

What type of employment letter did you submit ? Was it in CIC format and did you include payslips or salary account statements ? In short what were the documentations for your proof of employment.

@Guitarlife i thought payslips are not neccessary cos i submitted only my reference letter in cic format n only promotion letter. i didnt add my statement that shows payment of my salary. please did i go the wrong route??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2018
Rijo02:

Mixed feelings right? Well, you have an advantage. You already know ahead of time so prepare for it. Question: What do you think you submitted that would have led to an interview? Recommended preparation strategy: Start gathering all evidence of your documents and wait for their interview email to come. Your AOR and LVO will give you an idea on when you might be expecting the interview email.

In addition to the above, take along all documentation required for PPR..I hear a number of people also receive PPR on the spot after satisfying all interview requirements

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2018
mzjennypher:

@Guitarlife i thought payslips are not neccessary cos i submitted only my reference letter in cic format n only promotion letter. i didnt add my statement that shows payment of my salary. please did i go the wrong route??

Don't give yourself High BP, you are in order grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by QSola: 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2018
mzjennypher:

Were you paid in cash, if yes, was it written in the letter that you were paid in cash. If No, then print out copies of your payslips and also you bank statement. You dont have anything to be worried about. You are almost there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:19pm On Jun 01, 2018
Fuzzyman:

Am I the only person that put romance on hold because of Canada? LOL.

I will go and look for the husband in canada biko.

Its not only you jare wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 01, 2018
Fuzzyman:

On a lighter note , so na you wan leave your boyfriend run abi ? mmmnnnnn grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 01, 2018
mzjennypher:

If the employment letter is not in CIC format then everything to proove your employment is advised and encouraged.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:30pm On Jun 01, 2018
einsteino:

grin grin grin ezigbo ajuju.. Bros that table you are shaking eh.. no try am o! our ladies may start asking if you have ITA before they ask what you do for a living. and a man with potential may now mean a man with a tentative high CRS

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Chai!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:32pm On Jun 01, 2018
o2:
I have just been nominated by Manitoba province and 600 marks have been added to my EE profile. My timeline is stated below.

. I hope I was of help.

Congratulations!!! you must be so relieved.
Who knew that Manitoba PNP was such a deep process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by twistedfantasy: 3:46pm On Jun 01, 2018
Send IELTS result to other institutions?: Yes No
Pls if am registering for IELTS general, that is for Canada immigration. Should I select yes or no when registering? Need urgent reply as am about to fill the form
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by vickyehi: 3:46pm On Jun 01, 2018
Elfmannisback:

I was about to say that.. Hence u see yourself heading back to Nigeria to look for a husband and sponsor. Or head China.. Or head single for life.
Yesso at that time all the guys in naija will be seeing in you isn't your "good heart" or home economics (in all rooms in the home grin) ......na dollar sign and visa out of naija boiz go dey see tongue

A bird in hand is the very bird
....cos sis nothing dey bush
(My modification) kiss

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by sweetrie(f): 3:52pm On Jun 01, 2018
twistedfantasy:

Send IELTS result to other institutions?: Yes No
Pls if am registering for IELTS general, that is for Canada immigration. Should I select yes or no when registering? Need urgent reply as am about to fill the form
No

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fav444(f): 3:54pm On Jun 01, 2018
vickyehi:

Yesso at that time all the guys in naija will be seeing in you isn't your "good heart" or home economics (in all rooms in the home grin) ......na dollar sign and visa out of naija boiz go dey see tongue

A bird in hand is the very bird
....cos sis nothing dey bush
(My modification) kiss

Ur last Sentence got me......Lol

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 4:03pm On Jun 01, 2018
threadstone:

Hello,
I will have said tbills but right now the interest rates favour fixed deposits. Good thing is you can withdraw your funds anytime.

In which country is FD rate higher than t-bill rate? Nigeria or Canada?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by xtosync: 4:13pm On Jun 01, 2018
Fuzzyman:

Guitarlife:

Rijo02:

Thanks @Rijo02.

Well, I just got the GCMS Notes today so I am trying to find out more info about interviews in ACCRA (Prepare ahead). According to the Notes, I have been placed on a batch and slot for interview in ACCRA. My LVO is LONDON and from the officers comments they need clarification on my business as I am self-employed. But no idea when I will be invited.
Ghost update I got on 25th April was in respect of this I guess.

I submitted CAC registration papers, letters for awards of contract, photocopies of cheques for payment of jobs done, copy receipts issued by my company, reference letter from clients. Apart from major contract done, my day to day work in a cafe is paid in cash. The mistake I think I made was not putting it in LOE. That, I believe would have cleared something (maybe not). Again I used my sister as partner when I registered my business (her details), so I got her to sign a reference letter using my company's letterhead (Officer's note pointed this out, that my sister was the 'signee'). I had 4 reference letters(they only singled out that undecided). No Tax CC was included. Although I have it now (was hoping to get an ADR for it). Didn't add company's statement of account (used it for only contract jobs).

The review required was from officer in CPC Ottawa and confirmed by another in London. They even commented that I don't have online presence but my companies initial name which I use - AAAAAAAAAAA is online having the address 1 Canada Street and I later registered the biz with name BBBBBBBBBB (used for employment points (3 and above)) having same address 1 Canada Street. (Grey Area)

These guys are working though. From the notes I think over 6 officers have done one assessment or the other on my file. Its been almost 7 months since my AOR. But I just wonder how those that got PPR in 3 weeks had such luck.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 4:13pm On Jun 01, 2018
Tojued:

Lol..I was also amused with the comment.

Banks use your funds to purchase treasury bills because they provide higher returns. As at today, 6 months treasury bills will give you a 12% return on investment. Fixed deposit (depending on the bank) is playing between 5-8%.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 4:13pm On Jun 01, 2018
Tojued:

Lol..I was also amused with the comment.

Banks use your funds to purchase treasury bills because they provide higher returns. As at today, 6 months treasury bills will give you a 12% return on investment. Fixed deposit (depending on the bank) is playing between 5-8%.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mzjennypher(f): 4:28pm On Jun 01, 2018
QSola:

Were you paid in cash, if yes, was it written in the letter that you were paid in cash. If No, then print out copies of your payslips and also you bank statement. You dont have anything to be worried about. You are almost there

Thanks @QSola i have submitted, didnt add payslips and didnt add statement that shows my salary payment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mzjennypher(f): 4:30pm On Jun 01, 2018
luffyhaki:

Don't give yourself High BP, you are in order grin

@luffyhaki thanks this waka nor be moi moi

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.