Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (999038 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 01, 2018
rosepetraa:

In my opinion, I think it's better to raise a CSE. If you think they'll send ADR and instead they end up rejecting your application altogether?
I support this. That is one of the reasons folks order for the GCMS note.. Take advantage of that.

People who don't know the updates on a particular immigration route shouldn't decide for applicants. See what a sibling has brought in.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by xtosync: 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2018
CanadaPR:

I think if you have tax documents for the period you claimed and Bank statements showing transactions of the clients who gave you reference letters, you'll be fine.

I'm using self employment too. I intend to submit;

My CAC documents
Tax documents
Client references
Company Bank statements showing client transactions
Invoice issued clients and receipts
Invoice from vendors I procure from(Transaction reflects on my bank statement too)
Letter from my workers (Payments reflects on my company's statement too)....

Please am I safe? Reading your post is making me scared

I think you are in a good position. Nothing to worry about. I believe you are 'SAFE' smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by wizean(m): 8:54pm On Jun 01, 2018
Microfinance bank 20%? For where? shocked shocked shocked

einsteino:

E clear say you dey abroad. The only time FD can give you higher return than TBill in naija is if you fix it in a microfinance bank. A microfinance bank offered around 20% p.a for the same amount that a commercial bank offered 6%.. While on tbills it was about 12%. Money market 13%.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by QSola: 8:59pm On Jun 01, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Accra.. Skype ki.

I'm lost. Skype ki?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 01, 2018
QSola:

I'm lost. Skype ki?
Me too!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by wisdom77: 9:05pm On Jun 01, 2018
o2:

Yes automatic. Infact the points got added before I received my letter from Manitoba immigration. Would have started application process immediately but just realised my ielts expired in May 2018 I think it's valid for two years. So I have to write another ielts before I apply for pr. The earliest time I got was 7th July so will submit application mid July as soon as ielts results comes out.

Is 30th of June full?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by tippex(f): 9:06pm On Jun 01, 2018
clock89:
@tippex

Costs #28050. I would say it lasts between 1-3 hours depending on how early you get there.

Many thanks I did my medicals this morning and just a few pointers for anyone using children's practise Ikoyi. Please make copies of the biodata page of all passports and also go along with passport photograph for every applicant. Write the names and the passport number behind each passport photograph.

I didn't have all these and it stressed me out cos we were directed to one business centre and it took is over thirty minutes to take pictures and make copies.

And most importantly, get there early!

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:18pm On Jun 01, 2018
@O2 MOD IDP has available test dates open this month.
check it out
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by geotherm: 9:27pm On Jun 01, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Naturally, you know one semester nọ follow.

The fact is that in Canada most certificate courses are 3 to 6 months which fall within a semester, considering that a semester is 4 months.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 01, 2018
geotherm:

The fact is that in Canada most certificate courses are 3 to 6 months which fall within a semester, considering that a semester is 4 months.
The focus is on foreign degrees, diplomas, masters and Co.. For two or more diplomas, etc.. the summary of the equivalency should be up to one year at least, then the other 3 or 4 year diploma or degree. You don't evaluate Canadian credentials!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Eraytee: 9:50pm On Jun 01, 2018
Elders and anyone with an idea please your inputs

Eraytee:
hello E-fam, please I need a clarification, if POF is all in salary account, please aside the SOA, what are other thing(s) is/are required to add? I know payslip would surface for the deposit of the salaries.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by revenant: 10:38pm On Jun 01, 2018
Fuzzyman:

I am a woman ,it is my love for Manchester United that created all these problems grin

WOMAN ! Lol

Had to comment when I saw this One Love to a fellow RED. GGMU!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 01, 2018
Eraytee:
Elders and anyone with an idea please your inputs

Tax documents, offer letter in addition.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 01, 2018
Wow! Congrats! Only those who are on PNP route will understand this feeling better grin. I'm also taking this route (OINP) and can't just wait to get that additional 600 points. I wish you a fast PPR time line.
o2:
I have just been nominated by Manitoba province and 600 marks have been added to my EE profile. My timeline is stated below.

Letter of advice to apply: Jan 31,2018
Submitted application: Feb 20, 2018
Sponsors submission: Mar 2, 2018
Sponsors interview: May 7, 2018
Request for add documents: May 11,2018
Add document submitted: May 22, 2018
Provincial nomination: May 31, 2018

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 11:24pm On Jun 01, 2018
Note the 'should', also note that FD rate depends on volume, I still see rates (not my money o) at about 15% currently while TBills are doing about 9 to 10%. Methinks your volume is low grin

Tojued:

Nigeria is exempt from this economic theory.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Rijo02: 11:55pm On Jun 01, 2018
CanadaPR:

Please any proof for the above?

No. I shouldn't have been this adventurous; Sorry for the inconvenience the statement would have cost you or other readers. All I wanted to say was that it is easier for a self-employed applicant with employees (fair number) to prove his/her case unlike a one man business. That said, a single person business can still land someone PR. However, more work is needed to prove the business model to the interviewer. Once everything checks out fine, the case will be won.

Once again, sorry about that.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by glowberry(f): 12:22am On Jun 02, 2018
Guys sorry my exam is in the morning so I’ve been offline. His number is 08060448533 mr Uthman.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by glowberry(f): 12:35am On Jun 02, 2018
God will bless you oh.

smslive2:
While on the issue of 2 or more certificate... There is also an alternative to ACCA which has shown to have a positive outcome as mentioned by FLOSK.

Please see the syllabus for [url=https://www.cimaglobal.com/Global/2017%20Cert%20BA/Syllabus%20doc/Cert%20BA%20Syllabus%202017.pdf]CIMA CERTIFICATE IN BUSINESS ACCOUNTING[/url]
CIMA is objectives and also computer-based assessment... Pass mark though is a bit high... aim to get 70%.
Everyone who sits the exam will sit a completely different exam due to the questions being selected randomly... So no copy cop cat grin

Click here for Fees

Certificate in Business Accounting (per subject) - GBP 70
BA1 Fundamentals of Business Economics
BA2 Fundamentals of Management Accounting
BA3 Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
BA4 Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law

Each Cert BA paper will last for 2 hours.
BA1, BA2 and BA3 will have 60 questions that are a combination of combination of narrative and numerical questions.
BA4 will have 80 questions, only narrative.
Question types will be very much like those for the professional level:
Multiple Choice
Multiple Response
Number Entry
Drag and Drop
Hot Spot
Item Sets

CIMA Current pass rates

Ayaf tried grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by o2(f): 1:11am On Jun 02, 2018
wisdom77:

Is 30th of June full?

Yes oh except in enugu which is too far from my abode
Ibadan is open for 7th July and it's very close to me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by o2(f): 1:14am On Jun 02, 2018
codebrew85:
Wow! Congrats! Only those who are on PNP route will understand this feeling better grin. I'm also taking this route (OINP) and can't just wait to get that additional 600 points. I wish you a fast PPR time line.

yes oh, you can say that again. my marks on express entry was 348 because I didn't have masters and my ielts was Clb 8 not 9 but with the 600marks, na to apply straight. Wish you the best in your PNP journey.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by olajide2428(m): 1:47am On Jun 02, 2018
Good day fellow Canadians,have read the initial pages but didn’t find a suitable answer.
Is the 3 years work experience compulsorily post bsc, cos my wife graduated 2014 , nysc 2015, and msc 2016-2018. So only her nysc experience(2015) is feasible here. So can her pre degree work experience count.....

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by o2(f): 2:19am On Jun 02, 2018
Ifeoma77:
@O2 MOD IDP has available test dates open this month.
check it out

thanks Ifeoma, you are a life saver. I have registered. Thank God I haven't paid to British Council. Have anyone done ielts with idp mod before? What was it like.? I only have done with British Council.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by o2(f): 2:24am On Jun 02, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Another organization that conducts IELTS GT. Yes, u can do ur medicals before ITA.

Thanks registered with IDP MOD and got an earlier date 30th June.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by o2(f): 2:34am On Jun 02, 2018
Hello all,
Please how long does COPR lasts after passport request. If you get your passport request and it gets stamped, how long do they give you to travel to Canada. Must you go immediately?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by vickyehi: 2:42am On Jun 02, 2018
o2:
Hello all,
Please how long does COPR lasts after passport request. If you get your passport request and it gets stamped, how long do they give you to travel to Canada. Must you go immediately?
It always has an expiration date attached. Meaning it will state that u must enter canada before "xyz ".i don't know the exact time frame for PR but study permit is the duration of the visa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 6:27am On Jun 02, 2018
o2:

Thanks registered with IDP MOD and got an earlier date 30th June.
Great effort.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 02, 2018
o2:
Hello all,
It is tagged to the expiration of ur medicals or passport, whichever comes earliest. You need page 0 oh.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 6:32am On Jun 02, 2018
o2:

thanks Ifeoma, you are a life saver. I have registered. Thank God I haven't paid to British Council. Have anyone done ielts with idp mod before? What was it like.? I only have done with British Council.
Chai.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by einsteino(m): 6:34am On Jun 02, 2018
wizean:
Microfinance bank 20%? For where? shocked shocked shocked

Yes o.. Na just say afraid too dey catch me, no dey let me put money for microfinance bank, make i for no hear how 13 take kill 14. But I am very sure of it because my colleague has been operating an FD with them for several months now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 02, 2018
olajide2428:
Good day fellow Canadians,have read the initial pages but didn’t find a suitable answer.
Is the 3 years work experience compulsorily post bsc, cos my wife graduated 2014 , nysc 2015, and msc 2016-2018. So only her nysc experience(2015) is feasible here. So can her pre degree work experience count.....

Thanks in anticipation
It doesn't matter as long as it is within ten years and she was paid and there are documents. You didn't read jack!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mcstan18(m): 7:07am On Jun 02, 2018
o2:
Thanks Ifeoma, you are a life saver. I have registered. Thank God I haven't paid to British Council. Have anyone done ielts with idp mod before? What was it like.? I only have done with British Council.

But that shouldn't be a concern for you now. You aren't even working towards an 8777 anymore, just a paltry 6666. Be it MOD IDP or BC, you may not need to practice anything. Your 600 points has got you covered

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by AyubAlam: 7:10am On Jun 02, 2018
flosk:
There is a cima qualification called

Cima certificate in business accounting.
4 papers cbt mode

Wes evaluates it as one year college certificate.

Another alternative to Acca.

This is indeed a very nice development. Yes we should investigate more on CIMA.

Can you pls pls ask that person the below questions so that we can either keep CIMA a route to get 2 or more degrees CRS score or erase it out of our potential lists of boosting our CRS??

Q1:- When did his wife got CIMA evaluated as one year college certificate?
Q2:- How long did it take after she sat for the exam to get the WES evaluation & how did she sent the results to the WES from CIMA?
Q3:- How long did it take her to prepare for the exam? & if a general guy without any Accounting background take the exam how long can it take for him to pass the exam?
Q4:- Did she take only the BA1-BA4 modules or also the other modules too?
Q5:- Finally pls ask him to share a screenshot of the WES evaluation so that we can confidently start our preparation?

Pls ask him the questions and tell him that his asnwers can help many many people out here to stop worrying and genuinely work for their Canadian dream. Honestly after ACCA debacle by WES, everything is so uncertain. We really need a ray of hope to get pass this barrier.

We will wait for your reply on the queries. Thanks

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.