Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (997518 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 6:40am On Jun 21, 2018
Mcstan you wanna troll me today?
mcstan18:

I wonder why anyone would choose to sound this way
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 6:45am On Jun 21, 2018
If you entered SA by air, i am wondering how you were not stamped in.
However, if there is a way to check your entry and exit from SA electronically, just like the I94 electronic system the US uses, then dont be worried about physical stamp.
In the alternative, if you have your boarding pass to SA, use it.
Again, the way you've explained it to us here you can explain it in a LOE.
sunkyawz:
Good morning my people, please I have a concern regards my travel history.
I travelled to South Africa on a company sponsored training. Being my first time of travelling out of Nigeria I didn't know I had to report at the immigration desk in South Africa so my international passport was not stamped at the point of entry.
When I was leaving, I was stamped out. The South African immigration raised hell when I was leaving their country. The Nigerian stamp is complete (2).

The issue now is that I have just one stamp for South Africa instead of two. Do you think the VO will raise an issue on the stamp? I am an accompanying spouse

@glitteringstar
@newmum
@Mcstan
@ysteph
@smslive
@canadianwasp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fyorgyn: 6:51am On Jun 21, 2018
Tojued:
Abuja folks how market? Those who have registered, please when are the next planning for canada sessions?

Present ma!

Abuja has just one session and it's August 14th.

Na Lagos people dey enjoy. They have cheaper medicals, Inspector M, and plenty "planning for Canada" sessions.

Meanwhile have you done PCC? How much did you pay?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by wizean(m): 7:08am On Jun 21, 2018
Morning everyone,
And so it happened that I travelled down with my family to children's practice Lagos yesterday for my medicals. Got in around 8.40am and approached the receptionist on how to go about my medicals. The lady snubbed me for over 30mins. When she finally responded, she said "Oga, am full for the day". I didn't understand her and I asked "Hello ma, please what do you mean u r full for the day? ". She ignored me again. I called out to another staff and explained my plight, she told me "Sir, we only attend to 40 people a day and u need to come in as early 6am to put down ur name, dis list get filled even before 7am. You will need to come back very early tomorrow, please get a hotel close by and lodge. I was dazed. I drew their attention to the fact that I called to make enquiries the day before and nobody told me to come 6am. I was told to be there between 8am and 10am. How come u r now giving me dis 6am story. Most painful was the fact that I came in from outside Lagos and had a 2weeks old baby with me and an aged mother. Some other clients in my shoes who were also forced to pass the night in lagos came to pacify me and advised that I come back tomorrow(wasn't sure if they were sincerely concerned or protecting their selfish interest). I decided to take a chill and went to sit down. I sat till 1pm and it was obvious dey weren't gonna shift grounds. It's time to raise the roof, this is bull crap. I went into the main building screaming and everyone was like "Oga what's the problem". I quietly explained my plight and that was it. I was given a teller to go and make payment and was able to get the medicals done, concluded everything around 4pm. Believe me, they still refused to attend to every other person who didn't make the first 40 man list. I was only fortunate because of my 2weeks old baby. I don't know if this has been the situation all along in children's practice or there is just a sudden surge in Canadian PR medical clients. Whatever the situation is, this is just to give someone an handy info, lest you get disappointed when you get there.

34 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 21, 2018
wizean:
Morning everyone,
And so it happened that I travelled down with my family to children's practice Lagos yesterday for my medicals. Got in around 8.40am and approached the receptionist on how to go about my medicals. The lady snubbed me for over 30mins. When she finally responded, she said "Oga, am full for the day". I didn't understand her and I asked "Hello ma, please what do you mean u r full for the day? ". She ignored me again. I called out to another staff and explained my plight, she told me "Sir, we only attend to 40 people a day and u need to come in as early 6am to put down ur name, dis list get filled even before 7am. You will need to come back very early tomorrow, please get a hotel close by and lodge. I was dazed. I drew their attention to the fact that I called to make enquiries the day before and nobody told me to come 6am. I was told to be there between 8am and 10am. How come u r now giving me dis 6am story. Most painful was the fact that I came in from outside Lagos and had a 2weeks old baby with me and an aged mother. Some other clients in my shoes who were also forced to pass the night in lagos came to pacify me and advised that I come back tomorrow(wasn't sure if they were sincerely concerned or protecting their selfish interest). I decided to take a chill and went to sit down. I sat till 1pm and it was obvious dey weren't gonna shift grounds. It's time to raise the roof, this is bull crap. I went into the main building screaming and everyone was like "Oga what's the problem". I quietly explained my plight and that was it. I was given a teller to go and make payment and was able to get the medicals done, concluded everything around 4pm. Believe me, they still refused to attend to every other person who didn't make the first 40 man list. I was only fortunate because of my 2weeks old baby. I don't know if this has been the situation all along in children's practice or there is just a sudden surge in Canadian PR medical clients. Whatever the situation is, this is just to give someone an handy info, lest you get disappointed when you get there.
I guess it is the surge. Will they lodge u in the hotel?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by wizean(m): 7:24am On Jun 21, 2018
This ur question ehn grin
You shall lodge urself my brother
Elfmannisback:

I guess it is the surge. Will they lodge u in the hotel?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 7:26am On Jun 21, 2018
What if 40 persons had come before 6am? Who will they turn back?
As all things Nigeria, we must struggle to get everything done. Even with your money you will beg to get medical test done?
Thank God you finally did your medicals. At least, it is a matter of months you'll be out of this shithole.
wizean:
Morning everyone,
And so it happened that I travelled down with my family to children's practice Lagos yesterday for my medicals. Got in around 8.40am and approached the receptionist on how to go about my medicals. I was only fortunate because of my 2weeks old baby. I don't know if this has been the situation all along in children's practice or there is just a sudden surge in Canadian PR medical clients. Whatever the situation is, this is just to give someone an handy info, lest you get disappointed when you get there.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ploff: 7:32am On Jun 21, 2018
The Exchange rate on xe.com is making me happy. grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by wizean(m): 7:32am On Jun 21, 2018
From the look of things, the list certainly got filled before 7am yesterday. It's a serious shithole..... The drama wasn't any different from what we suffer with Immigration for passport and our universities for transcript.
ysteph:
What if 40 persons had come before 6am? Who will they turn back?
As all things Nigeria, we must struggle to get everything done. Even with your money you will beg to get medical test done?
Thank God you finally did your medicals. At least, it is a matter of months you'll be out of this shithole.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 7:34am On Jun 21, 2018
But why? Who did we offend in this country?
This is obvviously beyond bad leaders.
wizean:
From the look of things, the list certainly got filled before 7am yesterday. It's a serious shithole..... The drama wasn't any different from what we suffer with Immigration for passport and our universities for transcript.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 7:51am On Jun 21, 2018
mcstan18:

So, how come you two asked the same question just 4 minutes apart?

The tone of your inquiry is also not nice

They are husband and wife. FBI already conducted investigations while civilians were sleeping.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 21, 2018
wizean:
This ur question ehn grin
You shall lodge urself my brother
With which money? Na to act like a mad man as u did.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 7:56am On Jun 21, 2018
Fyorgyn:

Present ma!

Abuja has just one session and it's August 14th.

Na Lagos people dey enjoy. They have cheaper medicals, Inspector M, and plenty "planning for Canada" sessions.

Meanwhile have you done PCC? How much did you pay?

Thanks for response.

As painful as it is, PCC is ₦10k flat without receipt. They say it's official price, I say it's organised crime.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 7:58am On Jun 21, 2018
wizean:

It's a lagos something � abuja medicals be an executive something.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by smslive2: 8:03am On Jun 21, 2018
I have been to SA numerous times in the past... Bia, how did you enter SA without passing through immigration desk for stamping? Was it a private jet you used cos as far as i know, uou would have disembarked from the plane with your fellow passengers and the exit leads straight to immigration desk
sunkyawz:
Good morning my people, please I have a concern regards my travel history.
I travelled to South Africa on a company sponsored training. Being my first time of travelling out of Nigeria I didnt know I had to report at the immigration desk in South Africa so my international passport was not stamped at the point of entry.
When I was leaving, I was stamped out. The South African immigration raised hell when I was leaving their country. The Nigerian stamp is complete (2).

The issue now is that I have just one stamp for South Africa instead of two. Do you think the VO will raise an issue on the stamp? I am an accompanying spouse

@glitteringstar
@newmum
@Mcstan
@ysteph
@smslive
@canadianwasp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Zeiya(f): 8:27am On Jun 21, 2018
Fresty:
me sitting pretty by the poolside waiting for my eca today or tomorrow ready to dive in... Hahahahaha... peep that logo on my swimming gear.
fizzile, u feel me?

Please can we connect? I sent you a PM.
I am in the same stage with you. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 8:40am On Jun 21, 2018
Bleh.... I'm so bored at work today.

Meanwhile, I've started reading the living in Canada thread... starting from page zero! mehn theres a whoooole lot of information to digest. Let me kuku start getting ready in advance #workingwithfaith

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 8:46am On Jun 21, 2018
The thing weak me but then, it may me possible.
I'm expecting he/she will reply our messages with that explanation.
smslive2:
I have been to SA numerous times in the past... Bia, how did you enter SA without passing through immigration desk for stamping? Was it a private jet you used cos as far as i know, uou would have disembarked from the plane with your fellow passengers and the exit leads straight to immigration desk
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by gistwivkome(f): 8:46am On Jun 21, 2018
Ethelia:

Meanwhile, I've started reading the living in Canada thread... starting from page zero! mehn theres a whoooole lot of information to digest. Let me kuku start getting ready in advance #workingwithfaith
Same here o. I’m looking for neighbors already

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 8:47am On Jun 21, 2018
Ethelia:

Ahan..Sister i tink say u don finish that thread since...I don complete am before ITA sef

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 8:48am On Jun 21, 2018
gistwivkome:

Same here o. I’m looking for neighbors already

grin grin which province do you have in mind? maybe we can share apartments and save cost grin. Meanwhile have you gotten the second gems notes you ordered?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 8:51am On Jun 21, 2018
luffyhaki:

Ahan..Sister i tink say u don finish that thread since...I don complete am before ITA sef

Ah! see serious slacking on my part then. I wanted to take it 1 by 1 oh and now I'm almost regretting waiting, so much to read and take in cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mcstan18(m): 9:04am On Jun 21, 2018
luffyhaki:
Oga, you suppose dey work for CIA grin grin

Coincidentally, my job involves investigations wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 9:04am On Jun 21, 2018
Ya sharing apartment now?
Lemme call Mr Ethelia again. He dinnor approve it. That's what he told me yesterday.
Ethelia:

grin grin which province do you have in mind? maybe we can share apartments and save cost grin. Meanwhile have you gotten the second gems notes you ordered?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 9:06am On Jun 21, 2018
I think I am even more conversant with that thread that this one sef. No time abeg. I am already living in Canada.
Ethelia:

Ah! see serious slacking on my part then. I wanted to take it 1 by 1 oh and now I'm almost regretting waiting, so much to read and take in cry

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 9:06am On Jun 21, 2018
Newmum0615:
Ya sharing apartment now?
Lemme call Mr Ethelia again. He dinnor approve it. That's what he told me yesterday.

Ahn Ahn, why will he not approve? in fact its me that is supposed to object na grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mcstan18(m): 9:07am On Jun 21, 2018
ysteph:
Mcstan you wanna troll me today?

Oh! Sorry if the meaning misled you. I was actually referring to the guy you quoted. We're brethren here so we don't troll one another
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 9:07am On Jun 21, 2018
Newmum0615:
I think I am even more conversant with that thread that this one sef. No time abeg. I am already living in Canada.

grin grin grin grin

Its time for me to take sabbatical leave from this thread then. Lemme go and acquaint myself with my new country people in the other thread grin grin Una bye bye oh cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 9:10am On Jun 21, 2018
I for say.
Welldone sir.
mcstan18:

Oh! Sorry if the meaning misled you. I was actually referring to the guy you quoted. We're brethren here so we don't troll one another
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 9:11am On Jun 21, 2018
E be like say your PPR don come. LOL
This your sudden loss of interest for this thread.
Ethelia:

grin grin grin grin

Its time for me to take sabbatical leave from this thread then. Lemme go and acquaint myself with my new country people in the other thread grin grin Una bye bye oh cheesy cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 9:13am On Jun 21, 2018
ysteph:

Me wey don already type my ppr announcement post grin I have faith that it will come soon. They can only delay it for so long. So let me keep myself busy and reduce tension

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 9:15am On Jun 21, 2018
ysteph:
Also its a bit frustrating and draining when I keep seeing the same questions over and over again. As I cannot answer them, its better I leave it for newer people on the thread who still have plenty energy to answer grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.