Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (997455 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by rukaiya(f): 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2018
Fyorgyn:

Chei!

I was also quoted 10k... just wanted to know if it could be cheaper. Lol.

If you want it cheaper, download the forms. Thumbprint on them and send it with your passport photos to Lagos via nipost for processing. The certifcate can be emailed to you when it's ready.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by sheyimii: 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ethelia:

Actually, before rushing to evaluate your degree, have you tried simulating your potential score with the calculator? if its low and you need to get an additional degree (for example) it will make sense to wait until you have that first before evaluating your degree.
Thanks Ethelia. Please kindly send the calculator link so that I can do the needful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mcstan18(m): 12:12pm On Jun 21, 2018
Congratulations @CanadianWasp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 12:15pm On Jun 21, 2018
sheyimii:

Thanks Ethelia. Please kindly send the calculator link so that I can do the needful.

It is on page zero. Do yourself a big favor and digest all the information on that page.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Threemg: 12:41pm On Jun 21, 2018
Great fam, Please I need your input on this PostITA matter. I worked in company A (Engineering role) from 2013 to 2016 which is what I'm claiming points for, I left that company to another company B where my JD is entirely (Financial role) different from the former. Now my question: I clearly state out these two in my personal history but in my work history I only inputted the former (company A) with every required CIC documents but left the later (company B) where I currently work out just because the NOCs didn't match in anyway. Please can this be a problem ?? Won't it act like a showstopper before the VO?? Please help me

cc: Glitteringstar, Newmum0615, Happytbaby, Mcstan18, Cochtrane.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dane15: 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2018
Good Afternoon Ancestors.

A friend of mine (single) on this Canadian race has gotten ITA and has uploaded all her information. Her submission deadline is on Monday.

She intends to make her brother of 17 years of age her dependent. The brother has done medicals and has obtained PCC even though it is not required.
What other documents would be required to confirm that she is her brother's guardian?

Please, I would really value advice from people with similar experiences, relevant GCMS note insights, excerpts from the CIC website and any other helpful information. Please her deadline is Monday.

Asante sanaa and Siya bonga in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by olajide2428(m): 12:52pm On Jun 21, 2018
Good day All, just a random question on my mind ,Is there any reason ones bsc from a Nigerian university will not be accepted or evaluated as that of Canada’s standard. Abi na fear dey worry me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 12:54pm On Jun 21, 2018
dane15:

She intends to make her brother of 17 years of age her dependent. The brother has done medicals and has obtained PCC even though it is not required.

Who told her she can make her brother a dependent? Are they orphans? has she legally adopted him? does she have legal documents s to show that she is his court appointed guardian?

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 12:55pm On Jun 21, 2018
olajide2428:
Good day All, just a random question on my mind ,Is there any reason ones bsc from a Nigerian university will not be accepted or evaluated as that of Canada’s standard. Abi na fear dey worry me.

Yes, a lot of reasons. Some schools we call 'mushroom' schools will not be recognized
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2018
dane15:

A friend of mine (single) on this Canadian race has gotten ITA and has uploaded all her information. Her submission deadline is on Monday.

What other documents would be required to confirm that she is her brother's guardian?

Please, I would really value advice from people with similar experiences, relevant GCMS note insights, excerpts from the CIC website and any other helpful information. Please her deadline is Monday.

Always a friend these days... When u wanna reject ur application by yourself.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ethelia:

Who told her she can make her brother a dependent? Are they orphans? has she legally adopted him? does she have legal documents s to show that she is his court appointed guardian?
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by chuckdee13(m): 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2018
Thx so much
Uzzyan:

My chest!!! Well done!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dane15: 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ethelia:

I strongly believe that if something hasn't been done before, it does not make it impossible.

I will be glad if you can assist me with facts to prove or disprove the possibility.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by chuckdee13(m): 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2018
I can "over" see that.
mcstan18:

We're making progress
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dane15: 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Always a friend these days... When u wanna reject ur application by yourself.

For your mind bro... grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2018
dane15:

I am a believer in the fact that because something hasn't been done before does not make it impossible.

I will be glad if you can assist me with facts to prove or disprove the possibility.

Thanks.

Okay, carry on. I wish you the best or rather I wish your friend the best smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2018
dane15:

For your mind bro... grin
Nothing concern me, joo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dane15: 1:08pm On Jun 21, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Nothing concern me, joo

I appreciate you. Make other people assist. I believe that if this matter favours her, others will benefit.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dane15: 1:09pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ethelia:

Okay, carry on. I wish you the best or rather I wish your friend the best smiley

Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fatiah(f): 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2018
Fuzzyman:

I was there on a public holiday so luckily did not have this problem.

Wait a minute, so they work on public holidays?! Don't know why I assumed they wouldn't...Anyway, it doesn't matter much now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by MamaKs: 1:17pm On Jun 21, 2018
mcstan18:

No ma'am

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dane15: 1:18pm On Jun 21, 2018
dane15:

I just checked the link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

The page is titled: Applications for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check

The major documents required for an adopted child are:

1. Copy of birth certificate or other equivalent document
Purpose:To prove the dependent children’s relationship to the parents

Document requirements
This document is required only if the applicant identifies dependent children.
The document must be one of the following:
birth certificate;
equivalent document from the birth country; or
letter of explanation (where no birth certificate is available in the country).
Individuals who must submit this documentation: All the dependent children, including non-accompanying

2. Adoption certificate
Purpose: To validate claims that a dependent child is adopted

Document requirements
This document is requested only when the dependent child status is listed as adopted.
A copy of the adoption certificate, legal adoption papers, and/or other relevant documents issued by the country, the territory or the region that formalized the adoption must be provided.
Individuals who must submit this documentation: The dependent children, including non-accompanying.

Please, Canny brethren weigh in on this matter.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 21, 2018
dane15:

I appreciate you. Make other people assist. I believe that if this matter favours her, others will benefit.
OK. Don't forget to update the thread.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fatiah(f): 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2018
Fyorgyn:
I don't know if I'm just unlucky today...

We've been at IOM since 8am and still haven't been attended to. I chose IOM because I felt it would be better organised and less stressful than a normal hospital but I guess I was wrong. It's especially frustrating when you are with a cranky toddler

Sorry, I feel ur pain, especially as regards the issue of a cranky toddler. Spent the whole day at children's practice with an energetic and cranky toddler. The stress that day ehn! angry cry Anyway, don't worry, it won't sha pass today.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dane15: 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2018
Elfmannisback:

OK. Don't forget to update the thread.

What are we brethren for? grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mcstan18(m): 1:48pm On Jun 21, 2018
Threemg:
Great fam, Please I need your input on this PostITA matter. I worked in company A (Engineering role) from 2013 to 2016 which is what I'm claiming points for, I left that company to another company B where my JD is entirely (Financial role) different from the former. Now my question: I clearly state out these two in my personal history but in my work history I only inputted the former (company A) with every required CIC documents but left the later (company B) where I currently work out just because the NOCs didn't match in anyway. Please can this be a problem ?? Won't it act like a showstopper before the VO?? Please help me

No it won't. In fact, you have done the noblest thing in that area. If you create an entry for your time in employment with Company B, a placeholder will be generated for upload of your proof of employment. Status quo is okay

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by TEECANN: 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2018
CanadianWasp:
Hi all,

So I got copr. My timeline:

ITA: March 26, 2018
AOR: April 8 ( dated April 9)
Med Passed: April 18
IP1: April 18
IP2: May 17
PPR: May 18 (dated May 17)
Passports submitted: May 22
Approved: June 12
PUM: June 20

Congratulations. I can almost feel the smoothness of your application- beginning to the end! It must have been God coupled with your diligence.

Thank God it ended for you and your family in praises!

Go and flourish in your new home...we are coming behind! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:52pm On Jun 21, 2018
Congrats CanadianWasp, Love love your timeline

As for the rude receptionist, things like that make me appreciate Abuja's service providers. They will collect plenty money O, but service is superb.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by reavealhidden: 1:59pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ifeoma77:
Congrats CanadianWasp, Love love your timeline

As for the rude receptionist, things like that make me appreciate Abuja's service providers. They will collect plenty money O, but service is superb.
Na so grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by gsade: 2:02pm On Jun 21, 2018
CanadianWasp:
Hi all,

Long post alert!

Wanted to post this for a long while but when Vfs/Accra say wait, you wait, lol.

So I got copr. My timeline:

ITA: March 26, 2018
AOR: April 8 ( dated April 9)
Med Passed: April 18
IP1: April 18
IP2: May 17
PPR: May 18 (dated May 17)
Passports submitted: May 22
Approved: June 12
PUM: June 20

I want to state details of my application process because I benefited a great deal from the details posted by others and I'm hoping someone may benefit from mine smiley

PRE- ITA

ECA: I stumbled on Iphy's posts for lawyers so I used IQAS for my llb. Paid in July 2017. Learnt from a friend afterwards that she and a couple of others used WES for only their llb and still claimed professional degree and got ppr. Painful especially as I had to wait until March 7, 2018 before I obtained my ECA. (Please I didn't say use WES o, please go with your guts smiley ).

IELTS: March 3. lsrw: 8.5,8,8.5,7. Cochtrane's tips was everything! Honestly when you use mini-ielts.com (found out it's the shorter version of ieltsonlinetests.com), the ielts proper doesn't appear so daunting. Also went through ieltsliz.com. I found her soothing and easiest to flow with and understand particularly for reading and listening. Barely practised writing (oversabi and see finish, lol) but I wish I did. I'd recommend practising, (especially writing) on the actual exam sheets and in actual exam conditions. My spouse did and got lsrw: 9,8,9,8 smiley.

Post ITA

PCC: No travel history and Inspector Moshood to the rescue! I live in PH so he scanned the form for spouse and I. Filled and affixed thumbprints and couriered to him. Paid 10k for both and PCC was ready in less than 3 hours. Had it delivered to us.

POF: Used a gift deed for 75% of the funds. Deed wasn't notarised or stamped (trust me, in Nigeria, you do not need to notarize or have a Commissioner for Oaths stamp an original deed...any deed. Stamping/ notarization doesn't make it any more or less valid smiley. Except the deed isn't actually a deed but a letter or an affidavit). I provided 6 months statement for the account that the funds was paid into even though the account was pretty much dormant. For the balance 25%, I got a letter in the format Yimiton shared for money market fund. First bank sha decided to add their own jara by including my statement of unit holding. Didn't want that because a chunk of the funds was invested a day after ITA. I guess that didn't matter for me, lol. So I uploaded the deed of gift, teller showing transfer, 6 months bank statement (dated April 4) and letter from fbn quest attaching my investment statement. Preceding these was a simple table of content showing those documents as well as a screenshot of exchange rate on xe.com on the day of submission. Infact, I had a table of content for documents exceeding 3 in a placeholder.

Reference Letter: Yep, NOC mama delivered! Obtained from 2 employers. Didn't even have to change Newmum's format. Used it exactly as she provided. Also helped that my noc was pretty straightforward. I also used only "To whom it may concern", no ircc address, no time, lol.

Change of Name: Submitted affidavit and newspaper publication. Marriage certificate was already in the marriage certificate place holder so I didn't think it was necessary to include it in the change of name placeholder.

LOE: I honestly didn't want to explain anything. But out of curiosity, I clicked on the loe placeholder to see what would pop up (yeah I know, I'm a dumbass, lol) and for some reason, the payment page refused to come up despite having uploaded all the required documents. I kept logging out and logging back in but whossai. I just jejely wrote a short letter "to whom it may concern" and explained why I didn't get bank letter in the required format (maybe this helped, I dunno ). Payment page came up after uploading in that placeholder.

Post PPR

VFS: Spouse and I debated over sending or not sending with the family forms. I was for the former and he, the latter. Even though we filled it eventually, we ended up not submitting our passports with the forms because really, our family composition didn't change. We also didn't include any note in our application to state this.

I guess that's about it. Special thanks to this amazing forum. I read some of part 1, read part 2 1 and half times, followed part three to the end and been following part 4 from the beginning. The wealth of information *sigh* . Sad to see how many people don't realise page 0 is the actual goldmine. Do you know what it means to sift through seas of information looking for something peculiar to your situation? Meanwhile this has been made sooooooo easy to find on page 0? Yes, I have to add, Glitteringstar and Choctrane, you're amazing! Thank you! And really thank you to everyone mentioned in my post and other active contributors on this invaluable thread.

I want to also add though, while getting info from here, please don't forget the CIC website. That's the immigration bible smiley.

May our desires on this journey, come to pass smiley.

Hello CanadianWasp, I just sent you a private e-mail. I will like to reach out to you by direct e-mail. I am kinda in a dilemma with WES and IQAS. I have ITA already but with a WES evaluation. I selected professional degree in my EE profile and got ITA on that basis. Without that, I would not have made the ITA cut-off point. Now, my deadline is July 25, 2018. Trying to decide if I should reject this ITA pending IQAS which can be a very long process depending on a lot of variables. I was wondering if I can learn more about your colleague/friend who used WES evaluation of LLB as bachelors and still got PR. It will really help me in reaching a firm and final decision.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 2:03pm On Jun 21, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin. You people won't kill us with laugh.
olajide2428:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by tonyik: 2:11pm On Jun 21, 2018
Did you enter the pool without ECA? I hope not as this is a waste of slot for others.

gsade:

Hello CanadianWasp, I just sent you a private e-mail. I will like to reach out to you by direct e-mail. I am kinda in a dilemma with WES and IQAS. I have ITA already but with a WES evaluation. I selected professional degree in my EE profile and got ITA on that basis. Without that, I would not have made the ITA cut-off point. Now, my deadline is July 25, 2018. Trying to decide if I should reject this ITA pending IQAS which can be a very long process depending on a lot of variables. I was wondering if I can learn more about your colleague/friend who used WES evaluation of LLB as bachelors and still got PR. It will really help me in reaching a firm and final decision.

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.