Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (1001859 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fameli: 9:52pm On Jun 21, 2018
Hello please did you send your passport via DHL to vfs or went to vfs physically in Lagos or Abuja I am at that point and don’t know what to do.

Please advice. I will also like a guide if you sent via dhl

Thanks

CanadianWasp:
Hi all,

Long post alert!

Wanted to post this for a long while but when Vfs/Accra say wait, you wait, lol.

So I got copr. My timeline:

ITA: March 26, 2018
AOR: April 8 ( dated April 9)
Med Passed: April 18
IP1: April 18
IP2: May 17
PPR: May 18 (dated May 17)
Passports submitted: May 22
Approved: June 12
PUM: June 20

I want to state details of my application process because I benefited a great deal from the details posted by others and I'm hoping someone may benefit from mine smiley

PRE- ITA

ECA: I stumbled on Iphy's posts for lawyers so I used IQAS for my llb. Paid in July 2017. Learnt from a friend afterwards that she and a couple of others used WES for only their llb and still claimed professional degree and got ppr. Painful especially as I had to wait until March 7, 2018 before I obtained my ECA. (Please I didn't say use WES o, please go with your guts smiley ).

IELTS: March 3. lsrw: 8.5,8,8.5,7. Cochtrane's tips was everything! Honestly when you use mini-ielts.com (found out it's the shorter version of ieltsonlinetests.com), the ielts proper doesn't appear so daunting. Also went through ieltsliz.com. I found her soothing and easiest to flow with and understand particularly for reading and listening. Barely practised writing (oversabi and see finish, lol) but I wish I did. I'd recommend practising, (especially writing) on the actual exam sheets and in actual exam conditions. My spouse did and got lsrw: 9,8,9,8 smiley.

Post ITA

PCC: No travel history and Inspector Moshood to the rescue! I live in PH so he scanned the form for spouse and I. Filled and affixed thumbprints and couriered to him. Paid 10k for both and PCC was ready in less than 3 hours. Had it delivered to us.

POF: Used a gift deed for 75% of the funds. Deed wasn't notarised or stamped (trust me, in Nigeria, you do not need to notarize or have a Commissioner for Oaths stamp an original deed...any deed. Stamping/ notarization doesn't make it any more or less valid smiley. Except the deed isn't actually a deed but a letter or an affidavit). I provided 6 months statement for the account that the funds was paid into even though the account was pretty much dormant. For the balance 25%, I got a letter in the format Yimiton shared for money market fund. First bank sha decided to add their own jara by including my statement of unit holding. Didn't want that because a chunk of the funds was invested a day after ITA. I guess that didn't matter for me, lol. So I uploaded the deed of gift, teller showing transfer, 6 months bank statement (dated April 4) and letter from fbn quest attaching my investment statement. Preceding these was a simple table of content showing those documents as well as a screenshot of exchange rate on xe.com on the day of submission. Infact, I had a table of content for documents exceeding 3 in a placeholder.

Reference Letter: Yep, NOC mama delivered! Obtained from 2 employers. Didn't even have to change Newmum's format. Used it exactly as she provided. Also helped that my noc was pretty straightforward. I also used only "To whom it may concern", no ircc address, no time, lol.

Change of Name: Submitted affidavit and newspaper publication. Marriage certificate was already in the marriage certificate place holder so I didn't think it was necessary to include it in the change of name placeholder.

LOE: I honestly didn't want to explain anything. But out of curiosity, I clicked on the loe placeholder to see what would pop up (yeah I know, I'm a dumbass, lol) and for some reason, the payment page refused to come up despite having uploaded all the required documents. I kept logging out and logging back in but whossai. I just jejely wrote a short letter "to whom it may concern" and explained why I didn't get bank letter in the required format (maybe this helped, I dunno ). Payment page came up after uploading in that placeholder.

Post PPR

VFS: Spouse and I debated over sending or not sending with the family forms. I was for the former and he, the latter. Even though we filled it eventually, we ended up not submitting our passports with the forms because really, our family composition didn't change. We also didn't include any note in our application to state this.

I guess that's about it. Special thanks to this amazing forum. I read some of part 1, read part 2 1 and half times, followed part three to the end and been following part 4 from the beginning. The wealth of information *sigh* . Sad to see how many people don't realise page 0 is the actual goldmine. Do you know what it means to sift through seas of information looking for something peculiar to your situation? Meanwhile this has been made sooooooo easy to find on page 0? Yes, I have to add, Glitteringstar and Choctrane, you're amazing! Thank you! And really thank you to everyone mentioned in my post and other active contributors on this invaluable thread.

I want to also add though, while getting info from here, please don't forget the CIC website. That's the immigration bible smiley.

May our desires on this journey, come to pass smiley.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Iyawoengineer(f): 10:04pm On Jun 21, 2018
Hi @IFEAGO I'll like to send you a mail. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Owlette: 10:07pm On Jun 21, 2018
Congrats Dum! Now u can dive into the pool!
chuckdee13:
also I finally took my ielts...got LRSW 9,8.5,7,7...thx to @hephgirl 's ginger grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by tippex(f): 10:46pm On Jun 21, 2018
vickyehi:
Official countdown just started!....whewww!!!!!
Lord I pray for strength to trust in your perfect will and not have a panic attack on this journey embarassed

Teamjune21st AOR. grin grin

I am one week your senior grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fameli: 10:52pm On Jun 21, 2018
Hello so did you send the passport via dhl or you went to lekki? Did you pay into the sterling bank account and sent them an email please advice.

katyamizotta:

Thanks for your help. I learnt i could submit via DHL in PH for onward delivery to VFS.
I'm going to disturb you one more time: I have an unaccompanying family member. Do I need to submit his passport too?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by sunkyawz: 10:53pm On Jun 21, 2018
Many thanks

quote author=Bubuyaya2015 post=68700580]

I really don't see this as an issue. Just get your travel dates correct. Canada doesn't even stamp on passports anymore. I have travelled between Canada and US severally and don't have a single stamp from Canada. Only gets stamp when I am entering the US atimes. I don't know why. My mum visited with my daughter last year and both passports were not stamped( arrival and exit). I keep a diary of travel dates. I filled my travel history section with the dates I have.

You can explain in your LOE if you want[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 21, 2018
Fameli:
Hello so did you send the passport via dhl or you went to lekki? Did you pay into the sterling bank account and sent them an email please advice.

Go to Abuja or Lagos.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 21, 2018
tippex:

I am one week your senior grin
No be by seniority.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Niggafckyou07(m): 11:02pm On Jun 21, 2018
What hope does someone with MPA degree(master of public administration) without any paid job experience, only volunteer/internship have in securing this visa?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by olajide2428(m): 11:47pm On Jun 21, 2018
dislat:
Finally, PEBC sent in ECA after six months. IELTS has been dusted since January. I'm putting on my swimming trunks. Guys, join me in the pool. CRS score is 461. Currently in Lag to have my medicals at children's practice tomorrow.

CRS 461.....The thing just dey increase like soaked garri
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by vividumebi: 11:53pm On Jun 21, 2018
Please friends I need to know please what are the documents required for express entry apart from the ielts exam
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by sly4reall: 12:17am On Jun 22, 2018
Hello, I want to confirm if I can use the same WES Reference number I used initially to evaluate my Master Degree, (the evaluation has been completed) I am planning to evaluate my Bachelors Degree now cos it may be require for the Canadian Job market. So any Idea if I can evaluate it as Returning Applicants or New Applicants. Kindly advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by jhoci: 12:20am On Jun 22, 2018
Kindly go to page zero of this thread, there's a whole lot of information there....

vividumebi:
Please friends I need to know please what are the documents required for express entry apart from the ielts exam
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 12:22am On Jun 22, 2018
vividumebi:
Kindly go through page 0 and frequently asked questions on page 0
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by princesweetman2(m): 12:37am On Jun 22, 2018
daks01:

Na wa o, just because you don’t want to visit page 0 you decided to come and give us your life data. Kuku add your name na! Hian!

Bitter beesh
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by niobe77(f): 12:40am On Jun 22, 2018
fatiah:
You just spoke my mind. They are understaffed and d lady seems to be doing work meant for at least 2 personnels. She even made a mistake while processing me for d medical examinations but I couldn't really fault her cos I understand she was under a lot of pressure and she actually apologised for it

I think there are two different secretaries here. The lady that accepts your payment and docs deserves employee of the year for managing all 'manner of people' in a confined space. I had to sit behind her to appreciate her work. But the other secretary is just bleep bleep bleep...

Their problem is more of an organizational one than an individual.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by IFEAGO: 12:52am On Jun 22, 2018
Hi, seen and replied.
Iyawoengineer:
Hi @IFEAGO I'll like to send you a mail. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by niobe77(f): 1:24am On Jun 22, 2018
Fyorgyn:
Has anyone had their child referred to a Paediatrician after Medicals?

Happened to me and nearly caused a delay on my application cuz we didn't know what to do/expect. My child was a little short on a developmental milestone but the paediatrician advised us on what to do to catch up, it wasn't a major concern for medical inadmissibility. We passed medical the following day paediatrician's report was submitted.

In your case you can vid record him when he is talking at home or among friends and show it to the doctor. Doctors are familiar with situations like this. Fear not!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by babs4090(m): 1:32am On Jun 22, 2018
Hello people,

In the mist of trying to max our point in the EE pool, we just remembered my wife who is going to be the PA did a year remedial program before she was admitted for her degree program. Can both certificates be verified by WES to translate into 2 certificates?

Is there anyone here from unilorin that has ever verified his or her remedial?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 1:47am On Jun 22, 2018
Niggafckyou07:
What hope does someone with MPA degree(master of public administration) without any paid job experience, only volunteer/internship have in securing this visa?

1. You need at least a year of paid experience. 2. You need to visit page zero.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 1:50am On Jun 22, 2018
dumsydsassy1:
Hi Toju, I registered three weeks back with my ITA letter. Got a reply from Wumi. Was scheduled for August 14th. I think that’s the only date for Abuja presently.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by processrxtn: 2:24am On Jun 22, 2018
Hi Guys,
I appreciate the support and love flying around here.
I have read page 0 to the last but still a bit confused so I have to ask this.

Any idea what the Canadian equivalence for the certificates below would be ?
Also which ECA body do you recommend I use for this certificate Combination (WES,ICES,IQAS)

First 1 is a National Diploma Awarded by Kaduna State Polytechnic; Geography

Second is a Bachelor of Science Certificate awarded by Bayero University Kano; Geography

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 2:36am On Jun 22, 2018
processrxtn:
Hi Guys,

Also which ECA body do you recommend I use for this certificate Combination (WES,ICES,IQAS)

Second is a Bachelor of Science Certificate awarded by Bayero University Kano; Geography

Thanks in advance

You also have to follow all the links and read the faqs collated on the page zero. You'll have your answers. https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#67031174
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by LausDeo(m): 4:20am On Jun 22, 2018
Hi fam,
Please I'd like to know if there is anyone from this tread who has gotten PPR with spouse unaccompanying. What was the timeline like?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadianWasp: 5:59am On Jun 22, 2018
Hi, we submitted in person in Lagos because one of us had to be in Lagos at the time. You can however authorise any person, including dhl I believe, to submit on your behalf. It's in VFS' consent form which you will execute and forward along with your passport(s).

However, for pick up, it must either be in person or through vfs courier.
Fameli:
Hello please did you send your passport via DHL to vfs or went to vfs physically in Lagos or Abuja I am at that point and don’t know what to do.

Please advice. I will also like a guide if you sent via dhl

Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by phf2be: 6:21am On Jun 22, 2018
fatiah:

You just spoke my mind. They are understaffed and d lady seems to be doing work meant for at least 2 personnels. She even made a mistake while processing me for d medical examinations but I couldn't really fault her cos I understand she was under a lot of pressure and she actually apologised for it
There are at least two staff at the front desk of Abuja Clinics where I did mine and they appeared to be under pressure. So I can just imagine how one person will be left with such work load. To make matters worse, patients coming for consultation/treatment walk to the same desk too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mcstan18(m): 6:39am On Jun 22, 2018
GlitteringStar:
His case is different. Lol. cheesy The ECA summary na the koko. The applicant chose professional degree instead of Bachelor's degree. It is what the ECA summary says that will determine whether one will choose Bachelor's degree or professional degree.

I hope we see the notes to help conclude on this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mcstan18(m): 6:42am On Jun 22, 2018
Foreverhopeful:
Hello Guys,
Thanks for sharing your experience for others to benefit.

Any idea what the Canadian equivalence for the ffg would be

OND Banking and Finance- higher
OND Mass communication
Higher Diploma - Mass communication

Thanks in advance

Combined: 2 or more certificates. Good for FSW
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fyorgyn: 7:00am On Jun 22, 2018
niobe77:

Happened to me and nearly caused a delay on my application cuz we didn't know what to do/expect. My child was a little short on a developmental milestone but the paediatrician advised us on what to do to catch up, it wasn't a major concern for medical inadmissibility. We passed medical the following day paediatrician's report was submitted.

In your case you can vid record him when he is talking at home or among friends and show it to the doctor. Doctors are familiar with situations like this. Fear not!

Thank you so much.

Did you have to use their recommended paediatrician or were you given the liberty to choose yours?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mcstan18(m): 7:02am On Jun 22, 2018
dislat:
Finally, PEBC sent in ECA after six months. IELTS has been dusted since January. I'm putting on my swimming trunks. Guys, join me in the pool. CRS score is 461. Currently in Lag to have my medicals at children's practice tomorrow.

6 whole months! shocked.
Doctors and pharmacists are the real patient "dogs" in Canada. Little wonder they get served the fattest chunk
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 7:06am On Jun 22, 2018
You really read page zero? undecided Ok o.

Well, no one can tell you the exact assessing body to use. It depends on either your qualification or your need for quick processing.
IQAS I learnt takes a longer time but does not contact your school for verification. WES usually sends for verification, so if your school employs a lot of bureaucracy in handling these kinds of requests, you may want to avoid WES.
I don't have a lot of info about ICES. They are not frequently used by people here. At least, from the little I know here.
Nonetheless, your degree equivalency no matter the option you choose would fetch you 2 or more certificates.
Read up more. Good luck on your journey. wink

processrxtn:
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by gabialonso(m): 7:09am On Jun 22, 2018
Urgently in need of a contact person in NOUN for transcript processing please @glitteringstar et al

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.