Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,451 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (1006359 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2018
Engineering graduates, please gather here for a selfie.

There is no confusion in our camp o. We humbly just take our B.Eng and B.Tech and goan get PGD or master's jeje to give to WES. We can't shout. grin

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2018
Issorai grin grin grin

Our patience is of the Lord. We shall overcome.

agates:
These London people @Newmum0615 me I am tired of them o. So I sent a mail and got this response:

Dear Sir/ Madam,
Please be advised that your application is awaiting review by a migration officer in our London office. Note that no change will take place on your online profile until the initial assessment is made.
We thank you for your patience at this time. Rest assured we will contact if you when we require further information or additional documents.
Sincerely,
VCM
Program Assistant | Assistante de programme Immigration Section – London | Section de l’immigration – Londres
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by weckl: 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2018
I confirmed from Guys that got PPR that their WES evaluated as Bachelor degree(LLB) was treated as a professional degree by IRCC when selected in their profile.
It may sound absurd as i said but that is the reality.
ysteph:
Exactly. So it applies to gsade.
WES evaluated as Bachelors but she chose Professional Degree so IRCC will treat it as bachelors.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by uchepixy: 4:24pm On Jun 21, 2018
Newmum0615:
Issorai grin grin grin

Our patience is of the Lord. We shall overcome.

please which email address did you use?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 4:24pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ok sir.
weckl:
I confirmed from Guys that got PPR that their WES evaluated as Bachelor degree(LLB) was treated as a professional degree by IRCC when selected in their profile.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by o2(f): 4:24pm On Jun 21, 2018
I think I will prefer a place where they use loudspeakers. I got a 7.5 in listening because at a time the bluetooth my headset went off and I couldn't answer two questions because of that. At least if it is loudspeaker and it goes off the invigilators will know.
Uzzyan:

I did mine with MOD on the mainland and luckily for me my Center had headsets, however, the other mainland centers didn't use any.

If you have doubts, you can reach out to them for clarification.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by TEECANN: 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2018
ysteph:
That is it except the CRS cut of that day is below 422.

ITA cut-off was 446. It's there, some pages back.

It will end in praise IJN!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 4:27pm On Jun 21, 2018
Na wa. All these ITA when de waste like this.
TEECANN:

ITA cut-off was 462. It's there, some pages back.
It will end in praise IJN!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 4:30pm On Jun 21, 2018
No confusion in the camp of lawyers too. It's just that WES is trying to confuse us.LOL
Newmum0615:
There is no confusion in our camp o. We humbly just take our B.Eng and B.Tech and goan get PGD or master's jeje to give to WES. We can't shout. grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 21, 2018
weckl:
I won't agree until I see the note.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 21, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2018
I tire. @weckl what's your own? Is that what you did and you're consoling yourself?
You might be as lucky as your friends who have got their PPR.
Elfmannisback:

I won't agree until I see the note.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by gsade: 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2018
weckl:

This is truly interesting. But I think my next question is what exactly was the WES equivalency statement. Was it "Bachelors degree", "Bachelors degree (four years)" or "Bachelors of Law"? The truth may lie in those fine distinctions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by clock89: 4:36pm On Jun 21, 2018
Newmum0615:
Oh yes I did change my NOC. Even changed job title sef. I used an LOE to explain the reason. Be sure that your job duties actually match 2281. I have worked on a JD that the applicant thought was 2147 in title but was 2282 (technical support role) in actual duties. So be sure. You can change your NOC. Not an issue.
I know from memory that Network administrator is 2281 but be sure of the actual duties before you decide.

Great! Yes 2281 is a great fit for a Network Administrator, the duties align well.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by IFEAGO: 4:37pm On Jun 21, 2018
The degree is Bachelor of Pharmacy, WES evaluated it as "Four-year Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in pharmacy", being a professional degree like Law, I decided to share. The applicant chose "Master's degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession". We've had this debate before, goodluck if this isn't convincing enough. Cheers.
weckl:
Verify the name of the degree in question as referred in the GCMS notes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 4:37pm On Jun 21, 2018
Nairaland people, please what is the difference between Bachelors degree, Bachelors degree(four years) or Bachelor of Law?
gsade:

This is truly interesting. But I think my next question is what exactly was the WES equivalency statement. Was it "Bachelors degree", "Bachelors degree (four years)" or "Bachelors of Law"? The truth may lie in those fine distinctions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 21, 2018
gsade:

@GlitteringStar. Well, WES usually will simply say Bachelor (Four Years) as canadian equivalency. Nothing more. I guess if it was just "Bachelors" it may still fly. But let us wait for the GCMS notes from @CanadianWasp.

I don't think Bachelor (four years) will work oooo. The ECA summary is always very important.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by gsade: 4:46pm On Jun 21, 2018
ysteph:
Nairaland people, please what is the difference between Bachelors degree, Bachelors degree(four years) or Bachelor of Law?

I think if ECA for LLB says "Bachelor of Laws", they one can claim points for masters. But if it says the other two, then potentially there is no way and one may get rejected. Just my two cents.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by o2(f): 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2018
Do they attend to people on public holidays? Cos I plan to go next week and I have a baby too. All these stories is scaring me.
Fuzzyman:

I was there on a public holiday so luckily did not have this problem.

I did notice she was a bit rude to me as well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ifeoma77(f): 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2018
Newmum0615:

grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by gsade: 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2018
GlitteringStar:

I don't think Bachelor (Four Years) will work oooo. The ECA summary is always very important.

Yes, I agree. It looks like it may not work.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 4:50pm On Jun 21, 2018
Oh I get. Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor's degree. Makes sense really.
gsade:

I think if ECA for LLB says "Bachelor of Laws", they one can claim points for masters. But if it says the other two, then potentially there is no way and one may get rejected. Just my two cents.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 21, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by weckl: 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2018
Am not trying to create an argument here. A lot of assumptions have been made on this controversial issue and i have taken my time to do some verification from different guys that followed this path way. I observed that a lot of people prefer to play safe on this issue by evaluating with IQAS and that is fine anyway. But at the same time that does not nullify the fact about LLB being treated as professional degree by IRCC. I believe any screenshot evidence will nail this for you guys. That is why i requested for the name of the degree in question as per IFEAGO's post

ysteph:
weckl you see IFEAGO's post?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by aworldcitizen: 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2018
Hmm, It is well with me. Team London VO, AOR Jan 30th. I was 100% sure, my PPR will be out within 3 months. My IELTS score was perfect, no visa refusal, straight forward and well packaged application.

We got our IELTS at one sitting, ECA evaluation within 1 month because we both have masters from UK, POF gathered without much hassle, work reference straight forward.

This is truly a journey of patience. I have cried many times, prayed and rejoiced. Right now, I am standing strong and trying to go on with my life because at some point I was depressed.

Been a challenging year! Hubby and I lost our Jobs early this year. I was lucky to get one soon after. Hubby still struggling. All funds tied to POF which we cant touch. It was a struggle to pay school fees for our kids in April. Infact, we almost didn't send them to school because we were 100% sure of PPR and we even lacked the funds. House rent is due August 2018. We have started toasting the landlord to allow us pay monthly.

Let us all keep being strong, delay is not denial. It will end in praise for us all.

Congratulations to all PPR!

agates:
These London people @Newmum0615 me I am tired of them o. So I sent a mail and got this response:

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Please be advised that your application is awaiting review by a migration officer in our London office. Note that no change will take place on your online profile until the initial assessment is made.

Program Assistant | Assistante de programme Immigration Section – London | Section de l’immigration – Londres

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 21, 2018
Biko, I will not advise anyone to take the risk until we see the GCMS notes oo. smiley cheesy

Cc: Gsade
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 4:58pm On Jun 21, 2018
It is well. It's only a matter of time. Delay is not denial. The end goal is Canada. God will provide for you.

aworldcitizen:
Hmm, It is well with me. Team London VO, AOR Jan 30th.
Been a challenging year!

Let us all keep being strong, delay is not denial. It will end in praise for us all.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fyorgyn: 5:02pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ifeoma77:
In the spirit of giving back, I'll attempt to narrate what goes on during medicals at IOM Abuja
I walked into the hospital at 8.10 am and I was out by 10.30am.

The end.

I did not have a very good experience at the same IOM today

Walked in at 8am with my husband and 18month old toddler and was there till 1pm. They had network challenges and kept us waiting for a long while.

I was at the verge of asking to be rescheduled or even refunded because it was so annoying...and I am usually a very very patient person.

We did not get a chance to verify our information on the screen as you described but went straight to the nurses. This was already at 11am and both my boys were very cranky.

By the time we got to the doctors office at 12:30pm my usually very good toddler was inconsolable. Doctor now asked if he could speak some words and said I may have to bring him on another day for him to be certain the boy can talk. I was quite livid! Every child is different and even children who are chatter boxes at home may decide to keep mute in unfamiliar settings.

I told him i would not be bringing my child again and they can tick whatever. If my application is refused because my 18month old cannot say a few words then so be it!

That being said, they were quite professional and the nurses were kind and super helpful.

I guess today was an amomaly
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by gsade: 5:03pm On Jun 21, 2018
weckl:
Am not trying to create an argument here. A lot of assumptions have been made on this controversial issue and i have taken my time to do some verification from different guys that followed this path way. I observed that a lot of people prefer to play safe on this issue by evaluating with IQAS and that is fine anyway. But at the same time that does not nullify the fact about LLB being treated as professional degree by IRCC. I believe any screenshot evidence will nail this for you guys.

Yes @ weckl. Can you get us one (screenshot evidence) from the people who have been successful on a WES evaluation? Actual experiential evidence with an LLB will be fantastic not just for me but for a lot of people who may needlessly spend time waiting on IQAS. But you know now, we humans consider self-preservation first and foremost hence we tend to go for the tried and tested (IQAS). grin Playing safe is in our DNA jare. If someone tell you say lion dey inside banking hall, shey you go go there go withdraw money ni? grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 5:03pm On Jun 21, 2018
aworldcitizen:
Hmm, It is well with me. Team London VO, AOR Jan 30th. I was 100% sure, my PPR will be out within 3 months.

Touching story...Meanwhile, congrats canadianwasp...where is canadian fly

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by o2(f): 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2018
Are you writing exam on the 30th? Have you gotten email of speaking and general exam details?
ednut1:
Has anyone here rescheduled speaking test outside the options for speaking dates given by MOD angry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by pstfrancis(m): 5:05pm On Jun 21, 2018
Pls hello guys I ask for refund of my tax and I was a link to Canada tax agency. Pls how do I go about claiming my money back. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.