Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,768 members, 7,831,472 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (1006379 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:12pm On Jun 25, 2018
wenks:
Heheehhe...i have perceived something around 2-1 in favor of Nigeria...heheheheh.. grin grin grin grin

A-mighty-Men!!!!

Congrats @Tolz451 this EE thing really tests patience.

In other news, HST refund came in today cheesy
free ice-cream for everyone

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by follytee25: 8:14pm On Jun 25, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Canadianhopeful: 8:16pm On Jun 25, 2018
ednut1:
she is just buying time. Which application did she submit wen u dont hv ielts and eca
me I don't know o. She said she registered us and finally admitted she has not submitted our documents, I just pray she pays up and not just buy time since obviously we are forfeiting legal costs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by futureenergy: 8:19pm On Jun 25, 2018
emelueobi:
To God be the glory, COPR and Stamped passports at hand
Walks in with the COPR Dance
Timeline
ITA- January 24th
AOR- March 27th
PPR- May 17th
PP submission - May 22nd
PUM- June 20th
COPR- June 25th

Huge congratulations! Quite fast. I guess there was no ADR.
Pls do you have previous travel history, valid visas or denials? Canadian degree?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 8:21pm On Jun 25, 2018
Congrats emelueobi
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Zutlin: 8:29pm On Jun 25, 2018
nkigirl:
Hello guys. Semi silent member here. I need advice on an issue.
Long post ahead!
My husband worked in Angola a few years ago as a commuter ( 1 month in and 1 month out) but left the company and has been in Nigeria.
We tried to get Angola PCC for our PR application. We called the Angolan embassy in Nigeria and asked if they issue. We were told they do not and we should go to Angola. My husband's visa had expired and it wad tied to his company. Getting Angola visa is really difficult.
We contacted some people still in Angola and they couldn’t help. So we asked my husband’s former office in Angola to assist us to get the PCC. The HR Mgr (an Angolan Lady) replied that the govt doesn’t give PCC to people who have work permits. They only give to people who have temporary resident permits or permanent residency permits. Then the hr manager offered to write a letter vouching for him that he was of good conduct during the time he was in Angola and they had full responsibility for him.
We attached this letter, the emails with the hr mgr explaining how and why she couldn’t get PCC for us and a letter of explanation. We also know a permanent resident in Canada had used this same format with a letter of good conduct from her and his PR was approved.
Anyway, when I ordered the 1st gcms notes, we noticed that our PCC was referred to an agent for “best efforts review” which we passed and then passed R10.

I just got another set of gcms notes now and I saw an officer’s note that said “checking with Nairobi about Angolan PCC availability”

What’s scaring me is the fact that I know some people who got the PCC through.means I won't state here incase CIC is reading. So I know for a fact that some.people have this PCC. And I don't trust the Angola. Government. They are like Nigeria. Not straightforward.
I don’t know what to do now. My AOR is Nov 24th and I believe this is what is the cause of my delays.
I need advise on how I can make my case strong or whatever. All inputs are welcome.
Thanks.

I got my PCC in March. Infact, I got more than one because they made a mistake in the first one.

You mentioned you know some people who got their Angolan PCC through means you don't want to mention here and I wonder what 'means' you're referring to because the process is straight-forward enough. They initially object to it but if the people you sent to registo criminal were persistent and patient enough, your spouse would have gotten it.

And yes, I got mine from Nigeria.

P.S I've lived in Angola and I wouldn't compare it to Nigeria. I think it's a better place.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:31pm On Jun 25, 2018
Big congratulations @emelueobi go and enjoy your new home and job with no NMA and Johesu strikes

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by opella(f): 8:42pm On Jun 25, 2018
Livy2018:
I have received the almighty ITA, let the process begin in full swing. You will be hearing for me regularly now @ethelia, newmum0615, luffyhaki, gliterringstar, and all kindhearted fellows on this thread grin grin grin grin grin grin
Congratulations dear.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadaPR: 8:44pm On Jun 25, 2018
Big congratulations to the ITA, PPR and COPR guys...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadaPR: 8:47pm On Jun 25, 2018
@nkigirl I think you should contact @zutlin for advice on how to get the required PCC.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by o2(f): 8:49pm On Jun 25, 2018
See London VO. In record time
it is well with all applications. It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by o2(f): 8:52pm On Jun 25, 2018
London Victoria in record time. It will end in praise for all of us.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Obi1conte: 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2018
Canadahome:
Good morning people, please can someone with an Msc in French evaluate with WES? Secondly, will be better to write French or English as language test?
Writing both IF you can can really ease your path to ITA

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by nkigirl: 9:06pm On Jun 25, 2018
Zutlin:

I got my PCC in March. Infact, I got more than one because they made a mistake in the first one.

You mentioned you know some people who got their Angolan PCC through means you don't want to mention here and I wonder what 'means' you're referring to because the process is straight-forward enough. They initially object to it but if the people you sent to registo criminal were persistent and patient enough, your spouse would have gotten it.

And yes, I got mine from Nigeria.

P.S I've lived in Angola and I wouldn't compare it to Nigeria. I think it's a better place.

We never lived in Angola. My husband would go for just 3 weeks to a month and return to Nigeria to stay for like a month.
He had like a work permit. Sometimes a regular visa.
Since you lived in Angola, maybe you had a temporary resident visa and you were able.to get the PCC. Please correct me if I am wrong.
If you were a commuter too or you had a regular visa you had to renew every 6 months or yearly, please let me so I can know it's indeed possible to get for our class of visa
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by conebeam: 9:07pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ifeoma77:
Big congratulations @emelueobi go and enjoy your new home and job with no NMA and Johesu strikes
As in...You are on point Ifeoma77.

Congratulations @emelueobI. Go and prosper.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by lanrei(m): 9:07pm On Jun 25, 2018
wizean:
If u dont mind coming to Ibadan. Had my baby on d 3rd of june, applied for her passport on the 7th and got it on the 13th

hi there pls where did u get your passport done in Ibadan and what's the cost. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by nkigirl: 9:08pm On Jun 25, 2018
CanadaPR:
@nkigirl I think you should contact @zutlin for advice on how to get the required PCC.

That would be great if I can confirm he was also a commuter and had a work permit or regular visitor visa and was still able to get PCC

However, won't getting one just negate the whole process and make us and the HR mgr liars.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 25, 2018
Canadianhopeful:
me I don't know o. She said she registered us and finally admitted she has not submitted our documents, I just pray she pays up and not just buy time since obviously we are forfeiting legal costs
That agent no get head!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dislat: 9:22pm On Jun 25, 2018
To the gurus in the house. Aside my own travel history, do I need to fill to fill the travel history of my parents too, under personal history? Your kind response would be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Canadianhopeful: 9:29pm On Jun 25, 2018
Elfmannisback:

That agent no get head!
lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Zutlin: 9:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
nkigirl:

We never lived in Angola. My husband would go for just 3 weeks to a month and return to Nigeria to stay for like a month.
He had like a work permit. Sometimes a regular visa.
Since you lived in Angola, maybe you had a temporary resident visa and you were able.to get the PCC. Please correct me if I am wrong.
If you were a commuter too or you had a regular visa you had to renew every 6 months or yearly, please let me so I can know it's indeed possible to get for our class of visa

It's possible. Perhaps whoever told you PCC is issued based on visa categories spoke with the wrong official. They need to go to ministerio da justica e dos direitos hunanos (situated in Luanda), where the PCC is actually issued.

Like I said, going to enquire may not be enough. Your representative needs to be persistent - even if it entails spending the whole day at the office.

Note: Angolan PCC has no stamp on it, only a signature. It's best to have it authenticated at ministerio das relacoes exteriores (also in Luanda), where it will be stamped.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Claire40: 10:05pm On Jun 25, 2018
There is nothing to cancel. Your agent is not being truthful, she probably wants to use another victim's money to repay you.

Anyway, register for your IELTS and start your transcript application/ECA application as soon as possible. Transcripts can take a while to process and IELTS requires booking in advance. It is not wise to wait until she refunds the money as you will not need to use the money until you get ITA and you are ready to submit.
Canadianhopeful:
Fizzile, TEECAN, einsteino, ednut1,elfmannisback,mcstan18, thank you guys for your timely advise about starting me and my spouse's application afresh. We contacted the immigration lawyer and told her we would like to stop using her service and that she should refund the money paid for application...after a little stalling, she agreed to pay up as soon as she can cancel our registration from their database. She says it will take up to a month, so fingers crossed. Once we get our refund, we can start a fresh application

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by nkigirl: 10:12pm On Jun 25, 2018
Zutlin:

It's possible. Perhaps whoever told you PCC is issued based on visa categories spoke with the wrong official. They need to go to ministerio da justica e dos direitos hunanos (situated in Luanda), where the PCC is actually issued.

Like I said, going to enquire may not be enough. Your representative needs to be persistent - even if it entails spending the whole day at the office.

Note: Angolan PCC has no stamp on it, only a signature. It's best to have it authenticated at ministerio das relacoes exteriores (also in Luanda), where it will be stamped.

I found this link on australian home office website

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/contact/offices-locations/angola

It states that angola pcc can only be issued to residents. But I.will go ahead and contact someone im Angola and try again.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 10:16pm On Jun 25, 2018
Fresty:
Thank God for his faithfulness!
ITA arrived like Santa bearing gifts!
It will end in praise for me and all hopefuls!!!!

fizzile babbby, yeah we don did it!
wenks, congrats, man... Leggo!

ooh yeeaahhh...this is so cool.. Now you can join the ITA whatsapp group. Drop your number via PM. Congrats once again. So happy for you.
To all ITA recipients, a big congratulations. Now, work begins...stay focused.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 10:18pm On Jun 25, 2018
Canadianhopeful:
Fizzile, TEECAN, einsteino, ednut1,elfmannisback,mcstan18, thank you guys for your timely advise about starting me and my spouse's application afresh. We contacted the immigration lawyer and told her we would like to stop using her service and that she should refund the money paid for application...after a little stalling, she agreed to pay up as soon as she can cancel our registration from their database. She says it will take up to a month, so fingers crossed. Once we get our refund, we can start a fresh application
She is simply waiting until she receives her salary before she refunds you. She didnt submit anything. Put pressure on her, tell her you now know the procedure and she simply didnt submit anything. If i were you, i will give her two weeks to refund that money.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 10:53pm On Jun 25, 2018
Obi1conte:

Writing both IF you can can really ease your path to ITA

It depends on the person's crs. They already have masters, depending on age and marital status there might be no need to spend extra 100k writing TEF.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by stonecoldcafe: 11:11pm On Jun 25, 2018
emelueobi:

Timeline
ITA- January 24th
AOR- March 27th
PPR- May 17th

Big congrats to your family. I just imagined you with a ruler in hand. Lol
Oh what we go through. Ita recipients, congrats are in order

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by wizean(m): 11:15pm On Jun 25, 2018
Immigration office in Agodi.
I paid 22k

lanrei:
hi there pls where did u get your passport done in Ibadan and what's the cost. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Livy2018: 11:18pm On Jun 25, 2018
Can i pm you on this too pls?
fizzile:
ooh yeeaahhh...this is so cool.. Now you can join the ITA whatsapp group. Drop your number via PM. Congrats once again. So happy for you.
To all ITA recipients, a big congratulations. Now, work begins...stay focused.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Opotuniti(m): 1:12am On Jun 26, 2018
Congratulations!!!

Tolz451:
To God be the Glory!!!

This journey started February 2015 but today PPR came through.

Made IELTS on the 4th attempt (14th Oct 2017)
ITA - 20 Dec 2017
AOR - 23rd Feb 2018
MEP - 5th March 2018
IP2 - 6th March 2018
RPRF - 24th March 2018 (Paid with IRCC Requesting)
GCMS Notes - filled with IRCC on 31st May 2018 having observed that people were getting PPR few weeks after ordering GCMS notes. Yet to get the notes itself.
Ghost Update - 18th June 2018
PPR - 25th June 2018

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Opotuniti(m): 1:13am On Jun 26, 2018
Livy2018:
I have received the almighty ITA, let the process begin in full swing. You will be hearing for me regularly now @ethelia, newmum0615, luffyhaki, gliterringstar, and all kindhearted fellows on this thread grin grin grin grin grin grin

Congrats!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 1:50am On Jun 26, 2018
Congratulations! @Tolz451 and @Emelueobi

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.