Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (999308 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by IamtrulyBlessed: 5:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
Thank you
smslive2:
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 29, 2018
Emmyqueen:
thanks for your comment. I'm 28, I have bachelor's degree in French studies. I'm not married yet but i have a child for him and we live together. My husband is 34, he has hnd in mass communication. He has his own business. What pathway are you talking about, pls can you explain more?

By pathway, I meant there is a legal way to Canada through Permanent Residence. Your age is superbly good also, you sure speak French and can put in for TEF alongside IETS. You can put your partner out of it since you guys are not legally married but if you include him as common-law partner, he will also do IELTS and evaluate his OND & HND.

Meet with the agent, dont sound angry or sort, just skilfully get all info he entered for you while filling the Canada visitors visa. You sincerely need it, so as not to misrepresent your EE application when you finally decide to enter the pool or when filling ITA.

In conclusion, your profile is very okay and you can achieve your Canada dream without the agent. Also read up page up and previous pages. Best of luck.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by sleekchic(f): 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
Tamino:
Dear friends,

I am new here. I am in a situation and I need your candid advice. Below is my timeline.

ITA: 26 March 2018
AOR: 16 April 2018
MEP: 22 April 2018
IP1: 22 April 2018
IP2: 25 July 2018
Ghost update: 27 July 2018
PPR: 28 July 2018
Single Applicant
Issue: getting married and adding spouse.

Congratulations on your PPR and marriage.

Dunno if you have gotten responses to your questions but I will like to advise that you inform CIC immediately you get married before you travel, they will request that you submit fresh POF for 2,his medicals,Police cert and other data will also be required. And it will take a couple of weeks/months to get a new PPR for the both of you. This is a better option in my opinion. It will save you a lot of headaches. If you have proof of your engagement/relationship from months or years ago pls include it so that you can convince them that it's not an "arrangement" .
I believe i have read of someone who did this on this thread. Please search through or @glitteringstar MIGHT be able to help you find the person.
I wish you the very best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by clock89: 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2018
vascey:

First of all, gather all the details and evidence of the transaction and make a police report against this agent because he has duped you.
The purpose is not to pursue the case but to have evidence to submit to CIC.
You are better off starting the process afresh on your own. The problem is that this guy may have submitted false info on your behalf and any application you submit now may introduce contradictory information. This is where the police report comes in.
In addition, I will advise when you apply with your correct details, you should write a detailed LOE (Letter of Explanation) and attach all the evidence of you have. That may just be the only way for you to get out of this.
You are actually caught between full disclosure in your application or just applying afresh and providing the information when they ask. I would go with full disclosure.
Forget Asylum. You will regret it.

Bon Courage
Cc @Emmyqueen

In addition to this, you may also request for your GCMS notes, tick both options, Officers Case notes and your application files - this should show you all the information submitted by your agent.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 29, 2018
EDITED

Emmyqueen:
thanks for your comment. I'm 28, I have bachelor's degree in French studies. I'm not married yet but i have a child for him and we live together. My husband is 34, he has hnd in mass communication. He has his own business. What pathway are you talking about, pls can you explain more?
This is the CRS link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

My recommendation is: Read the first 2 pages of this thread, follow the various links you find there for more information, AND start putting stuff together. Your story may change within 6 months if you're well equipped with good information.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by agates: 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
Julie2018:
Hello
Good morning!

Quick one, I got an ADR and submitted 3 days ago, the current status of my "Review of additional documents" just changed to "Not applicable" without a notification in my mail(Ghost update).
Forgive my anxiety lol but please is that a good sign?
London VO
AOR Jan 2018

Definitely a good sign.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by tobey2ng(m): 6:13pm On Jul 29, 2018
Emmyqueen:
I will advise you check Quebec. Your PR visa is still possible this year if you are proactive. You and your hubby have good profile for this race but it will smoother if you are the principal applicant. One more thing, go and legalize your union. Best of luck

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by joo2018: 6:21pm On Jul 29, 2018
Some personal ruminations:
Total ITAs issued so far (including the 700 for the special PNP and Skilled Trades draw not on the list below): 47,200

Express Entry immigration target for 2018: 74,900
Source:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supplementary-immigration-levels-2018.html

Balance ITAs expected for 2018:27,700.
No of draws expected:10/11. 9 or 10 normal draws and 1 special draw of 700.

Average ITAs expected per normal draw: 2700/3000.

Predictions:
1. From August or September, the number of ITAs issued per draw will reduce.
2. Draws will most likely remain at 440 and above. Lowest it may go is 439.

PS: The analysis assumes that IRCC uses ITAs issued to evaluate its immigration target and not PPR issued, CoPR issued or Landings.

o2:
*Draws in Calendar year 2018 so far:*

July 25 - 441 (3750 ITAs)
July 11 - 442 (3750 ITAs)

June 25 - 442 (3750 ITAs)
June 13 - 451 (3750 ITAs)

May 23 - 440 (3500 ITAs)
May 9 - 441 (3500 ITAs)

April 25 - 441 (3500 ITAs)
April 11 - 444 (3500 ITAs)

March 26 - 446 (3000 ITAs)
March 14 - 456 (3000 ITAs)

February 21 - 442 (3000 ITAs)
February 7 - 442 (3000 ITAs)

January 24 - 444 (2750 ITAs)
January 10 - 446 (2750 ITAs)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by joo2018: 6:29pm On Jul 29, 2018
Good one
She has flexibility in doing either or both of TEF and IELTS.
Shyee:

This is the CRS link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Meanwhile, I simulated your credentials with the info you provided and IELTS score in LSWR of 8777 for yourself and 6.5 all through for your common-law partner you had 449, which is a good one.
My recommendation is: Read the first 2 pages of this thread, follow the various links you find there for more information, AND start putting stuff together. Your story may change within 6 months if you're well equipped with good information.

Emmyqueen:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mosky47: 6:46pm On Jul 29, 2018
Hi bibi2017, I just sent a PM.

bibi2017:
I used only naija passport and they stamped the visa in it. I guess it depends on the passport used, for US passport, they will issue only COPR.

I don enter one chance. I sent only the usa passport. I hope I am not in soup
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ans123: 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2018
I don't think their score would be up to that using Common
Law partner . Except they are married.
Shyee:

Meanwhile, I simulated your credentials with the info you provided and IELTS score in LSWR of 8777 for yourself and 6.5 all through for your common-law partner you had 449, which is a good one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Baratheon: 7:43pm On Jul 29, 2018
Just a random question: When will this EE program likely end? Reason I'm asking is because I'd be eligible to apply by this time next year and I'm just concerned if there's a possibility the program will have ended because they've met their target for the number of immigrants they want to take for now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by maternal: 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
Baratheon:
Just a random question: When will this EE program likely end? Reason I'm asking is because I'd be eligible to apply by this time next year and I'm just concerned if there's a possibility the program will have ended because they've met their target for the number of immigrants they want to take for now.

Nobody knows because a new administration can change it anytime. But I'd say not anytime soon. The country needs a lot of immigration right now.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Pipes1759: 7:58pm On Jul 29, 2018
grin grin cheesy
CanadianBae:

Oh Lord!! See as you dey announce PPR!

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ottawasenators: 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2018
Just a correction, with scores of LRSW of 8.5,8.0,7.5,7.5 for the lady as the PA and LRSW of 8,7,7,7 for the husband they would get 443

Shyee:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Engr2000: 8:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
[/quote] No IELTS result will be release between the next draw and the last draw... Next draw will hover between 437 - 440.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mosky47: 9:07pm On Jul 29, 2018
I think so too. Although not because of the IELTS. You see the last draw, 2 IELTS results were released and there was so much fear that the cut-off would increase unless the number is increased from 3750 to 4000. But we saw that despite 2 IELTS results, and same 3750 people taken, the cut-off still dropped by 1 point, from 442 to 441.

If we still have a 2-weeks interval, the cut-off will be 439 or 440. I just pray they don't give a 3-weeks interval in August. The last time they did that was in May with 5 wednesdays. August has 5 wednesdays, so I pray they don't skip a Wednesday and still achieve 2 draws per month. Although the scenario in May and August are different. In May if there was a May 2nd draw, there would have been a May 16th and May 30th, so they had to skip one. But in August, 2 draws can still take place with the current 2-weeks trend; an August 8th draw followed by 22nd draw is still fine. If that is the case, August 22nd draw may even get to 437 (the lowest score this year).

The conclusion is that the scores generally have a downward trend unless a week is skipped.

Engr2000:

No IELTS result will be release between the next draw and the last draw... Next draw will hover between 437 - 440.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Akanns: 9:20pm On Jul 29, 2018
Dear nairalanders , I want to ask this question. I applied to the UK in 2009 but was denied. The passport I used then had 1980 year of birth which was not my correct age at the time. I have changes my passport to reflect my correct age to 1978, and have travelled to USA with it in 2015. Kindly advise me how I can declear this in my Canada immigration application, will the denial or change of passport date of birth affect my application? Please advise
joo2018:
Some personal ruminations:
Total ITAs issued so far (including the 700 for the special PNP and Skilled Trades draw not on the list below): 47,200

Express Entry immigration target for 2018: 74,900
Source:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supplementary-immigration-levels-2018.html

Balance ITAs expected for 2018:27,700.
No of draws expected:10/11. 9 or 10 normal draws and 1 special draw of 700.

Average ITAs expected per normal draw: 2700/3000.

Predictions:
1. From August or September, the number of ITAs issued per draw will reduce.
2. Draws will most likely remain at 440 and above. Lowest it may go is 439.

PS: The analysis assumes that IRCC uses ITAs issued to evaluate its immigration target and not PPR issued, CoPR issued or Landings.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 9:22pm On Jul 29, 2018
I like the way y'all try to predict with IRCC. None has worked yet. Dunno why you guys keep trying. Good thinking though. I hope it works for the sake of our hopeful brethren. Twill be a parry for @elfmannisback @mcstan18.
Fish and chips at Ojez grin
mosky47:

The conclusion is that the scores generally have a downward trend unless a week is skipped.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Akanns: 9:32pm On Jul 29, 2018
IamtrulyBlessed:
Thank you
Dear nairalanders , I want to ask this question. I applied to the UK in 2009 but was denied. The passport I used then had 1980 year of birth which was not my correct age at the time. I have changes my passport to reflect my correct age to 1978, and have travelled to USA with it in 2015. Kindly advise me how I can declear this in my Canada immigration application, will the denial or change of passport date of birth affect my application? Please advise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ifywhyteman: 9:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
Please I want to find out something. When does one make use of the funds fixed after PPR has been received. Do the Canadian govt need to see the complete fund in your account when you touch down Canada or do you liquidate the fund while in Nigeria, and use it for flight, apartment rental and other stuffs. Please any body with a good idea.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by LeakPlug(m): 9:42pm On Jul 29, 2018
deTimo:

http://hrdc.unilag.edu.ng/progcontent.php?programmeID=35

https:///7tDZa1iyfItFQLrymAeQpe

Hi deTimo, the link doesn't appear to be working. I have sent you a PM, please I need to ask you a few questions about this programme.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 29, 2018
Newmum0615:
I like the way y'all try to predict with IRCC. None has worked yet. Dunno why you guys keep trying. Good thinking though. I hope it works for the sake of our hopeful brethren. Twill be a parry for @elfmannisback @mcstan18.
Fish and chips at Ojez grin
Yes.. Keep us in ur prayers. If u know, u know.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by joo2018: 10:40pm On Jul 29, 2018
Don't have an answer to that. Anyone else?
Akanns:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by MummyO24: 10:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
Please can anyone help to review my essays for IELTS. Please if you passed writing, please help a sister. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 29, 2018
MummyO24:
Please can anyone help to review my essays for IELTS. Please if you passed writing, please help a sister. Thank you.
They need to have 9 in Writing, mehn.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
Engr2000:

No IELTS result will be release between the next draw and the last draw... Next draw will hover between 437 - 440.
I expect 439 or 440.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by MummyO24: 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
Please can anyone help to review my essays for IELTS. Please if you passed writing, kindly help a sister. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by joo2018: 10:51pm On Jul 29, 2018
Modified: From what my seniors have posted, there's a random check.
All the landing experiences and QnAs, I've read on the sister thread "Living in Canada" so far (page 1-173) suggests it is not checked at landing. See one I just read: https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/172#63666490

The cash you carry with you and the value of goods you are carrying seems to be more important. However, some people stated that they took printed statements of accounts along just in case.
Ifywhyteman:
Please I want to find out something. When does one make use of the funds fixed after PPR has been received. Do the Canadian govt need to see the complete fund in your account when you touch down Canada or do you liquidate the fund while in Nigeria, and use it for flight, apartment rental and other stuffs. Please any body with a good idea.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by hydee22(f): 10:51pm On Jul 29, 2018
Pls am interested
CanadaPR:
A quick one for those looking for ways to increase their CRS scores by gaining points for 2 or more certificates...

We are enrolling for the Unilag HRDC Advanced Diploma in Business Administration and we hope to round off by January.
Registration is expected to end this Friday and Application fee is #7,500...

We hope this will be positively assesed and yield a 1 year evaluation outcome.
You could register if interested

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by koonlay5: 10:51pm On Jul 29, 2018
Congrats as i would take it that you both have a baby. In addition to all suggested, use this link here change the figures as you desire and see what will work best for you.

Cheers

dbaba83:
GOOD DAY E-FAMILY , AM NEW HERE.................
I NEED AN URGENT RESPONSE FROM THE HOUSE
IT,S ABOUT MY SPOUSE IELTS RESULT
WELL AM THE MAIN APPLICANT
MY IELTS.... LSWR.8.5,8.0,8.0,7.5
MY SPOUSE LSWR .. 5.0,6.5,6.5,4.5
OUR CRS SCORE IS CURRENTLY ON 437...
PLS SHOULD MY WIFE RE-WRITE HER IELTS TEST OR WE SHOULD WAIT AND HOPE THAT THE DRAW WILL COME DOWN undecided
NB; SHE JUST HAD A BABY

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.