Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (999879 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 11, 2018
Nyekidoll:
Hello all,

Please does anyone have experience with this: my husband is a doctor with up to four years of medical practice in the last 10 years. He is not practising now and doesn't intend to... Can he still apply with Noc skill type 0? I am not sure how that works with EE or PNP.

I would appreciate your answers.

Tanks in advance

Yep he can.. You gain points for experience gained in the last ten years.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 11, 2018
mcstan18:

Initial cost? Are there other accompanying costs?

The program is diploma in accounting. I'll do you a mail at once
My bad, I got it now.. Diploma in accounting.. Great stuff. I just replied you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newbeecey: 3:50pm On May 11, 2018
So please Im trying to understand, if my fund is in just TBills, does the TBill certificate alone suffice as PoF. Is the bank reference letter, 6 months bank statement and letter of non-indebtedness required for any other reason?
doppler06:
Blessed are they whose POF is in just one place. You shall not roam around Lagos anyhow cry

Thats how I thought it would be a quick dash in and out of bank and MMF and pension office oh. Feeling like I could walk in and walk out with what I need. I was soooo wrong.

So as information for others...... Stanbic Pension would process your request for statement and ref letter in 24hrs (you won't pay anything but you would have to give them a letter of instruction/request).... See Pg 0 for format
Stanbic MMF would process in 48hrs and you'd need to pay N2,625 to their account and send them evidence of payment + address you want the ref addressed to and other details).... they do not require a request/instruction letter.
ARM MMF would process in 24hrs and you'd need to pay N2,000 to their account and send them evidence of payment + address you want the ref addressed to and other details).... they also do not require a request/instruction letter.
GTBank would give you your statement there and then but will not give you a tailored reference letter. The generic one they have is N525. You can decide to add a "letter of non-indebtedness" and "signature confirmation letter" and each is also N525..... though I didn't see the need for it.

The GT lady however mentioned that if you want a tailored ref letter, then you contact your account officer (you can get those details when you log in to your internet banking profile)... your account officer would then be the one to obtain approval and prepare a tailored letter for you if they choose..... Sample tailored letter is also on Pg 0.

CONGRATULATIONS to those that obtained ITA.... may your documents gathering process be a smooth one

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Siga: 3:57pm On May 11, 2018
LadyW:
Hi everyone,

I am new here. I am glad to have stumbled unto this thread, even though I did so after submitting my application.
See my profile below:

AOR: 16 Jan 2018
Medicals passed: 2 Feb 2018
IP2: 27 Feb 2018

Over a hundred days and counting.....

How much is the medicals now...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by LadyW: 4:24pm On May 11, 2018
I put a call across to CIC last week Friday and i was told my file was in Ottawa. I dont not know what that means. Thats my LVO or maybe I am still in IP1 even though my background check has been in progress since Feb 27 when it changed from NA.
luffyhaki:

Hmmm...It is well.

LVO?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by wholesomegrace: 4:30pm On May 11, 2018
Newbeecey:
So please Im trying to understand, if my fund is in just TBills, does the TBill certificate alone suffice as PoF. Is the bank reference letter, 6 months bank statement and letter of non-indebtedness required for any other reason?

Necessary:
TBill certificate
Bank reference letter,

If you like:
6 months bank statement. I included this in mine

Not necessary, except you have a loan running on your account:
Letter of non-indebtedness

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by smslive2: 4:36pm On May 11, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin My Lady... No kill me with laughter this warm afternoon
LadyW:
I put a call across to CIC last week Friday and i was told my file was in Ottawa. I dont not know what that means. Thats my LVO or maybe I am still in IP1 even though my background check has been in progress since Feb 27 when it changed from NA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fresty(f): 4:38pm On May 11, 2018
fizzile:
I also sent a mail to them. What was the response on twitter?
cc: fresty

Hmmm. I messed up.
WES replied my mail and said I didn't send my degree certificate . My transcripts were accepted.

I'm sending it through someone there today, hopefully they would get updated by Monday.

Twitter response was quite fast. They told me I would soon receive an update from WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by smslive2: 4:40pm On May 11, 2018
You can actually fax a copy of your certificate to them
Their Fax number is 416-972-9004
You can use free fax online... such as HelloFax, Faxzero etc..

Fresty:

Hmmm. I messed up.
WES replied my mail and said I didn't send my degree certificate . My transcripts were accepted.

I'm sending it through someone there today, hopefully they would get updated by Monday.

Twitter response was quite fast. They told me I would soon receive an update from WES.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fresty(f): 4:43pm On May 11, 2018
smslive2:
You can actually fax a copy of your certificate to them
Their Fax number is 416-972-9004
You can use free fax online... such as HelloFax, Faxzero etc..

oh really, thanks. but I have never used fax... I don't have a clue. I will find out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newbeecey: 4:47pm On May 11, 2018
Thanks @wholesomegrace
wholesomegrace:

Necessary:
TBill certificate
Bank reference letter,

If you like:
6 months bank statement. I included this in mine

Not necessary, except you have a loan running on your account:
Letter of non-indebtedness
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by smslive2: 4:53pm On May 11, 2018
Check Faxzero online... its easy to use!
Fresty:

oh really, thanks. but I have never used fax... I don't have a clue. I will find out.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fresty(f): 4:58pm On May 11, 2018
smslive2:
Check Faxzero online... its easy to use!

okay. lemme go check it out. I love this nairaland. na good people full am.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Shayo5: 4:58pm On May 11, 2018
Dear nairalanders,

can anyone please assist me with this, I am creating my EE profile and I came across this Representative part and I am not sure which to pick;
these are the options;

No
REpresentative
Designated Individual
Both
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by smslive2: 5:00pm On May 11, 2018
If you are not using an agent, choose NO... If you want any friend or family to act on your behalf, select Designated Individual and give their details...
Shayo5:
Dear nairalanders,

can anyone please assist me with this, I am creating my EE profile and I came across this Representative part and I am not sure which to pick;
these are the options;

No
REpresentative
Designated Individual
Both

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nyekidoll: 5:01pm On May 11, 2018
@Sthillz thanks a lot. Most appreciated.

sthillz:

Yep he can.. You gain points for experience gained in the last ten years.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 5:15pm On May 11, 2018
Fresty:

Hmmm. I messed up.

You can use hellofax or faxzero. It will be accepted. I will be quite patient though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 5:16pm On May 11, 2018
Fresty:

Hmmm. I messed up.

Is yours a UK degree?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fresty(f): 5:25pm On May 11, 2018
fizzile:
Is yours a UK degree?

Naija degree. Does 'accepted' mean no further verification required? I don't know. Till I see further update on my account.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by zaidasqueen: 5:25pm On May 11, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by unyted(m): 5:59pm On May 11, 2018
This looks very similar to my timeline.

AOR = 19 Jan

IP2 = Feb 27

VO = Ottawa

Siga:

How much is the medicals now...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by unyted(m): 6:03pm On May 11, 2018
That means your visa office is Ottawa!

Ottawa is becoming the new LVO
LadyW:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newbeecey: 6:07pm On May 11, 2018
Please who has done medicals recently at IOM migration health assessment centre, ikeja. I have not been able to reach them for enquiry on any of their 4 numbers. URGENT please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 11, 2018
Hello,
The good people of this thread.Thanks for the good work you are doing. I am graduate of Quantity surveying from A.B.U with second class lower degree. Just graduated and waiting for service. What do you people think will be my fastest route to Canada please?
Don't have any job experience but I am skilled website designer and internet marketer. Which angle do you people think will give me a better a chance,please?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 6:09pm On May 11, 2018
Fresty:

Naija degree. Does 'accepted' mean no further verification required? I don't know. Till I see further update on my account.
I guess so. From your previous message, all they need right now is your certificate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by unyted(m): 6:12pm On May 11, 2018
You might need to attain 2 to 3 years work experience before you can apply for Express entry.

Otherwise, you could use the Master's degree route.

papiforreal:
Hello,
The good people of this thread.Thanks for the good work you are doing. I am graduate of Quantity surveying from A.B.U with second class lower degree. Just graduated and waiting for service. What do you people think will be my fastest route to Canada please?
Don't have any job experience but I am skilled website designer and internet marketer. Which angle do you people think will give me a better a chance,please?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by LadyW: 6:17pm On May 11, 2018
N48K in Abuja Clinic
unyted:
This looks very similar to my timeline.

AOR = 19 Jan

IP2 = Feb 27

VO = Ottawa

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by LadyW: 6:18pm On May 11, 2018
Oh really? Thanks
unyted:
That means your visa office is Ottawa!

Ottawa is becoming the new LVO
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by unyted(m): 6:20pm On May 11, 2018
Normally, Ottawa VO doesnt delay applications. But things are changing.

LadyW:
Oh really? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ezy1992: 6:22pm On May 11, 2018
Ifeoma77:
Reserved for my testimonies grin
Well done GS, you're amazing

Update 5/5/18
IELTS done and dusted (21/4/18). LRWS; 8.5,9,7,8

Pls where did you do your IELTS. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by pretygurll: 6:25pm On May 11, 2018
Hello people,

I got an ITA but my ECA isn't completed. I'm sure it will be completed this month. Please do i need to worry about it, will the date of completion be a problem?(ie after ITA). I am the PA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by DefirstEmperor: 6:25pm On May 11, 2018
Sikuekue:
Hey Fam, please help out. I've just been invited to Accra for interview to verify my employment details. Asked to come with employment letter, payslips and account statement showing salary inflows. Who has been invited previously? What was the experience like? Will these documents be retained for verification? What do I expect? Please help a sister.
I was at Accra last month for sameness purpose. Just go with all documents requested original and photocopy as the case might be. If there is time they make copies of what you give them and return the original back to you. Just be very relaxed and answer all the plenty question I was interviewed for a little over an hour. All the best

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.