Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,564 members, 7,820,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (1001260 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 12:40pm On May 12, 2018
LadyW:
Should I perhaps order for gcsm notes? Or do I wait till my application crosses the 6 months processing time.... @Tojued and Unyted? Please what do you think?
Thanks.

You don't have to wait for six months.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ArcUgo(m): 12:40pm On May 12, 2018
If you're the PA your CRS score would be 419 assuming you max out the IELTS exams( no direct relative or working experience in Canada) and considering your age/qualification. However, if your wife is the PA your CRS score would be 475 (assuming you guys also max out the IELTS) she is younger and in this journey HND actually carries more points than BSc because it is categorized as two or more certificates. She has three certificates to her advantage.

I think it's pretty obvious who should be PA. grin. You can use this to calculate your points yourself CRS CALCULATOR. Also start here and read up All about Express Entry

adosjun:
Okay house kindly advise.

I am 34yrs old with 6years banking experience , BSC only, my wife is 27yrs,4years banking experience though not direct employed , workforce/SOL employee but under a commercial bank. She has OND,HND and BSC.

Base on the two details presented above who would you recommend to be the primary applicant all other things being equal.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Otydallas123(m): 1:02pm On May 12, 2018
It's great to be here.
Am reading all threads to be informed.
Am still preparing for my IELTS this month (2nd time)
I just need to get the tips for Listening.
WES almost completed
Police report for Nigeria done while waiting for the UK report
Medicals will be done immediately after my exams May 24th.

Please i need all the help i can via links and threads.

Thanks all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by gaggle: 1:12pm On May 12, 2018
[quote author=Tojued post=67480773]

It's possible for school is efficient and verified without any contact from you like they are supposed to.

Yes u are correct. My school (uniport) responded to my verification at no cost b4 i even contacted them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ladeeey: 1:52pm On May 12, 2018
Hi house, been reading this canada express entry trend and i discovered that most people that apply or are even given here are people that have been working and have like diplomas etc,and am just a young girl 25,graduate of linguistics and communication studies ,done my nysc etc.no other qualification ,i dont know if i should just go apply for masters or do this, will love it if i get a good advice,dont really know what to do.thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Hereforthistoo: 1:52pm On May 12, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mzjennypher(f): 1:59pm On May 12, 2018
Ladeeey:
Hi house, been reading this canada express entry trend and i discovered that most people that apply or are even given here are people that have been working and have like diplomas etc,and am just a young girl 25,graduate of linguistics and communication studies ,done my nysc etc.no other qualification ,i dont know if i should just go apply for masters or do this, will love it if i get a good advice,dont really know what to do.thanks

@Ladeeey pple have gotten pr with just nysc work experience.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 12, 2018
Vancouver4:
Wishing all IELTS candidates success today especially our dear sthillz.

Awwwwwwww so much love lol.. Thank you

Did you write today too?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 12, 2018
mzjennypher:

@Ladeeey pple have gotten pr with just nysc work experience.
she has only Bsc , it wud amount to 413-415 crs with masters its 453 or so. If she has money masters is better . @Ladeeey d name of the prog is skilled worker na hence the kind of pple applying cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Oopsy(f): 2:48pm On May 12, 2018
Please did anyone take IELTS today with MOD in Port Harcourt? Kindly share your experience. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dudujomi: 3:15pm On May 12, 2018
Please my people, I would like to know if I need to get UK police report. I did my Masters there and spent 1yr and 4months there. Is the police report necessary?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Vancouver4(f): 3:15pm On May 12, 2018
sthillz:

Awwwwwwww so much love lol.. Thank you

Did you write today too?

I didn't.
BC Abuja just de do shakara with their exam dates. At the moment the next available date is July. I have decided to finish my ECA first before taking the test.

I wish you goodluck in today's exam.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by gretop(m): 3:21pm On May 12, 2018
dudujomi:
Please my people, I would like to know if I need to get UK police report. I did my Masters there and spent 1yr and 4months there. Is the police report necessary?

If you lived in any country for at least 6 months in a row. You must get the PCC from that country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Kemzyebony(f): 3:42pm On May 12, 2018
Yes, very necessary

dudujomi:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by wisdom77: 3:43pm On May 12, 2018
Hello People,
Pls there is a discrepancy in my date of birth what is in my transcript and my passport is different though my wife is the primary applicant, i also want to assess my credentials to give us more points.How do I resolve this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Distinct777: 3:54pm On May 12, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by deesmama: 3:55pm On May 12, 2018
How about MOD IDP abuja?

Vancouver4:

I didn't.
BC Abuja just de do shakara with their exam dates. At the moment the next available date is July. I have decided to finish my ECA first before taking the test.

I wish you goodluck in today's exam.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Distinct777: 3:55pm On May 12, 2018
Someone just helped with mine.

Got it in 4 days
Send a pm

ethan002:
Hello House, Please who have a sure contact for Transcript processing in OAU? Urgent!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 4:04pm On May 12, 2018
Your profile as it is will not fetch you a good score for an ITA. I'm assuming you don't have a sibling in Canada, a Canadian education and no spouse to give you additional points with Canadian work experience. With an 8777 in IELTS, you'd have a 404 score; maxing out on IETLS will give you 413. You best bet will be to do a PGD which will give you 446, a good score for an ITA or a master's degree which will give you a much higher score.
All these you can do while gaining more work experience. You have age on your side. Go for it. Read up from page zero of the thread to understand more.
Ladeeey:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dudujomi: 4:25pm On May 12, 2018
Thank you. But is there anyone who has successfully done that from Nigeria here?
gretop:

If you lived in any country for at least 6 months in a row. You must get the PCC from that country.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by gerona: 4:29pm On May 12, 2018
Slik07:

If your WES Ref no is written on the school envelope sent to WES, then you dont have to worry.

Pls it is IQAS and not WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by gretop(m): 4:29pm On May 12, 2018
dudujomi:
Thank you. But is there anyone who has successfully done that from Nigeria here?

Search on nairaland for PCC UK in the travel section. You should get some leads and from there, you move forward

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by gerona: 4:31pm On May 12, 2018
gerona:
Hello House,
Please I need your urgent opinion. The Exams & Records Officer just confirmed to me that my Transcript request form was not included in the transcript sent to IQAS. Please what should I do?

It is IQAS, not WES. Anybody experienced this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Glorylynn: 4:49pm On May 12, 2018
Oopsy:
Please did anyone take IELTS today with MOD in Port Harcourt? Kindly share your experience. Thanks
The passage was too long and boring for just an hour
I wrote the academic test tho
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by SyberKate(f): 5:17pm On May 12, 2018
Please I'm about to get my MSc in IT and will like to know which of the provinces Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is ideal for IT professionals in Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Vancouver4(f): 5:19pm On May 12, 2018
deesmama:
How about MOD IDP abuja?

1. No headsets
2. I don't like the testimonies of those who tried to apply for EOR tru them. (The sharp sharp return of results laced with traces of falsehood).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by rchilee: 5:20pm On May 12, 2018
Oopsy:

Yes, they gave us headphones and we were like 12 candidates in all.

I received a call at 6pm on Friday for test location and got e-mail for the test venue this morning at 5.52am.

The speaking examiner is also a B.C. examiner.

We were given pencils and eraser with bottled water. Not bad.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Wingnut007: 5:22pm On May 12, 2018
Is a spouse dependant also required to get PCC from countries where he/she spent over 6 months?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by deesmama: 5:30pm On May 12, 2018
Oh okay, I read here that the speaker was dead clear.. Not sure though.
Do you plan not getting the required scores.. Be optimistic

Vancouver4:

1. No headsets
2. I don't like the testimonies of those who tried to apply for EOR tru them. (The sharp sharp return of results laced with traces of falsehood).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Livy2018: 5:50pm On May 12, 2018
I took IELTS test today at the IDP MOD lagos mainland centre. I have not seen an organisation has worse as this, in terms of planning. I arrived the venue at
7.30am and just leaving at 5.45pm, just to.write IELTS test.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by justbazick: 5:53pm On May 12, 2018
SyberKate:
Please I'm about to get my MSc in IT and will like to know which of the provinces Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is ideal for IT professionals in Canada.

Ideal in worth sense?. That has IT jobs/oppourtunities or that have IT as occupation in demand. For the later i can only think of sask and Ontario. For the former, all provinces has IT jobs but it's higher in Ontario.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 12, 2018
Livy2018:
I took IELTS test today at the IDP MOD lagos mainland centre. I have not seen an organisation has worse as this, in terms of planning. I arrived the venue at
7.30am and just leaving at 5.45pm, just to.write IELTS test.
Buddy, how was the general exam hall thingy? listening?

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.