Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,342 members, 7,860,868 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:44 PM

Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife - Culture (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife (159064 Views)

Catriona Laing Visits Ooni Of Ife [photo] / Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage / Larry Ekundayo Visits Ooni Of Ife And Kneels Before Him (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Favor99(m): 9:09pm On Jun 17, 2018
steveosaz:

That's the hell you get when you try being reasonable with yyorubastards. Slaves have no value for anything and deserve to be treated like trash. They are slaves.

Yorubastardz can only be taken serious when they successfully claim back Ilorin. Until then, anything from them is just the rantings of cowardly slaves. Ooni is currently bowing down another Afoñja/Alimi(Fulani) descendant - Saraki.

That's the blood of slavery and cowardice they all carry. Its their identity.
Yea I heard their pretty tribalistic. I grew up abroad, so I wasn’t familiar with much of the tribalism going on in Nigeria until I got to Nairaland.

I knew it went on, but I didn’t know the extent. The Yorubas are coming on here acting like racial supremacists and stuff. Not knowing that there is a whole world outside of Nigeria. They need to get on America’s or Europe’s level before they start feeling all big and sh**

America: $57,000 median salary a year
Yoruba: $2,500 median salary a year

You guys need to humble yourselves and stop acting all proud and arrogant, when ain’t sh** on a world level

That’s how these Yorubas treat Egun people very poorly and as 2nd class. I remember reading an article 2 years ago about it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 9:11pm On Jun 17, 2018
steveosaz:

Anytime they praise oduduwa, they are actually bowing to and worshipping Ekaladerhan. Hahaha

No mind them bro.. They don't even know when have been defeated.
The only thing they are now dwelling on is Ekhaladeran.. They have nothing else to talk about again but to keep bringing up Ekhaladeran while we have thousands of true facts to throw at them. If this thread reach 1000 pages it is only Ekhaladeran they will be talking about because we forced them into that corner..
And I think it even serve a good purpose for us because now any curious spectator that want to find out about this Ekhaladeran/Oduduwa story will go online to research and they will only find 2 options... Is Oduduwa the same Ekhaladeran the Edo exiled prince, or Did Oduduwa descend from the skies with chains? we know which option is more real and which option sounds very foolish.
So make dem dey shout Ekhaladeran, It serves our purpose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Favor99(m): 9:14pm On Jun 17, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 9:56pm On Jun 17, 2018
steveosaz:

Imagine this dick headed fucker! You have proved only to be thieves and crooks. We have clearly rendered you bleeps to be trashbin scavengers.

If anything, inferiority complex is clearly your problem. The Edos would never take a people conquered and ruled by the Fulani serious and worse still, those who don't know their history and allow sons of slaves to become thier kings.

[b]Ekaladerhan is your progenitor [/b]and you will continue to bow to him as long as you bow to Oduduwa. Hahaha... Losers.

Can you please connect Ekaladheran to the Yoruba through the arts, cults, rites, divinities, dynasties, orikis, totems, guilds, arokin, naming and language of Ife.

If you can do this successfully, instead of speculated theories, I will bow to ekladheran and accept him as Oduduwa. grin

The ball is in your court.....

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 10:12pm On Jun 17, 2018
Y0ruba:

Here you go:

As written by an Edo Historian.

Please make sure your rebuttal is in reference to a scholarly document. Else you need not respond to me at all in order to avoid a waste of both of our time.

Dude that nigga who quoted that is an eshan guy
If a fellow benin man quote that i would even refuse is claims because the edo indigenes of olds never knows when the oba dies nor to say hiw he is buried that man is an ishan man who has no business to thread upon a royal history ...until the oba says it then we will all agree ...but what i still know is we havnt seen any bronze head of the oba of benin in ife or alafin head or what is it just the oba of benin alone burying heads there to show superiority. If its only him then sorry get comma ...because alafin is junior to ife,olowo is junior to ife so thier head are all suppose to ve there ....are they there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 10:29pm On Jun 17, 2018
gregyboy:

If a fellow benin man quote that i would even refuse is claims because the edo indigenes of olds never knows when the oba dies nor to say hiw he is buried that man is an ishan man who has no business to thread upon a royal history ...until the oba says it then we will all agree ...but what i still know is we havnt seen any bronze head of the oba of benin in ife or alafin head or what is it just the oba of benin alone burying heads there to show superiority. If its only him then sorry get comma ...because alafin is junior to ife,olowo is junior to ife so thier head are all suppose to ve there ....are they there

In American homeland all decesead soldiers are buried in the homeland. In American bases outside the homeland all deceased soldiers are transported back to the homeland soil for burial. You understand that?

Use this to process your logic on why descendants of Oranmiyan were taken back to their homeland for burial but his brothers sitting on dynasties in the homeland do not have to be transported anywhere.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 10:51pm On Jun 17, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

In American homeland all decesead soldiers are buried in the homeland. In American bases outside the homeland all deceased soldiers are transported back to the homeland soil for burial. You understand that?

Use this to process your logic on why descendants of Oranmiyan were taken back to their homeland for burial but his brothers sitting on dynasties in the homeland do not have to be transported anywhere.

Lol.....i thought said they birthed benin na so how come benin is not a yoruba homeland ...abi is it only the oba of benin they birthed only...

Ok how come out of all the kingdoms surrounding Benin including yoruba territories like ondo,ekiti they didnt go find king there they probably wanted to stress themselves so they decided ife with no somehow connection.... If you can use the same america logic for explaining the former u shld use it on this one....

As we all know d king stool is a hereditary the ile ife own is divination now use this as a simple logic

Mind u all both benin nd yoruba tho am benin but am a philosopher i reason outside the box removing fallacy nd ethnocentrism in my comment i dislike african history with passion except the egyptian history ...d oduduwas history with a philosophical reasoning you can deduced the truth from the fact....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by GodSon34(m): 11:22pm On Jun 17, 2018
All you fake Yoruba people! How can Ife be your spiritual capital when it didn’t even exist until 1900s...the Ooni of Ife is a fake office.,might as well be an extension of the British empire.
All the land inhabited by Osun people belonged to the Ijebu. Please see map 1892

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 11:35pm On Jun 17, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Can you please connect Ekaladheran to the Yoruba through the arts, cults, rites, divinities, dynasties, orikis, totems, guilds, arokin, naming and language of Ife.

If you can do this successfully, instead of speculated theories, I will bow to ekladheran and accept him as Oduduwa. grin

Any takers?

Edos, oya, ball in your court now.... grin
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 18, 2018
Eshan are Edo, don't help the ennemy to devide your house.
The Oba of Benin is the king of the entire Benin Kingdom, not just its capital Benin City.
A guy being Edo doesn't make him necessarily right.

gregyboy:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 1:02am On Jun 18, 2018
prolog2:
The Oba of Benin is the king of the entire Benin Kingdom, not just its capital Benin City.

You are right.. All Edos are one people.. We have been one and lived together for 100s of years.
let's leave the Yorubas to continue in their confusion.. their plight is pathetic.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 1:13am On Jun 18, 2018
prolog2:

Its sad reading all through the comment Yoruba's
Are having upper hand shutting the edos down only money4woman is doing a good job for the yorubas...

Thats why the whole 36 state will continue to believe on this fairytales of thiers even arguing with a calabar boy recently he took the side of d yorubas untill i showed him reality from fairytale

Yorubas are using fairytales and edos is using the same fairytales with them they are the master of it .....they will win in fairytale instead edos shld attack with prove nd logic ....example oyo was never an empire obatala never existed ,oduduwa is a benin prince with prove to them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 1:16am On Jun 18, 2018
prolog2:

Too late. I had it saved already to be used to flog the witcheries out of you all. grin
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 1:22am On Jun 18, 2018
davidnazee:

You are right.. All Edos are one people.. We have been one and lived together for 100s of years.
let's leave the Yorubas to continue in their confusion.. their plight is pathetic.

Your disclosures or secrecy makes no difference to us. We know you more than you know yourself.

I can tell you autoritatively that even Edo is Yoruba term. Your idigenous name is Efa....but purpose of this we let you be happy and call yourself Edo and feel some taste of importance and class for now. At appropriate time i will snatch even the Edo from you and bring out your uncivility as an Efa.

grin
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 1:26am On Jun 18, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Still waiting on Edo.

grin grin grin

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 1:44am On Jun 18, 2018
MetaPhysical:

Benin did not settle in Lagos untill 1600s. Lagos was never part of Benin. Benin had a throne in Lagos to protect against invasions from Dahomey.

Benin did not fight the owners of Lagos, they were invited to secure their farms and lands against invasions from Dahomey. If the original invitation to Oyo had been honored Oyo would be the throne, not Benin.

This is a joke rite hahaha.....hahaha

If it was security trust me benin would have dug moat in lagos for protection ....

Psychology....??

I guess u all are accepting benin superiority over Yoruba's

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 1:57am On Jun 18, 2018
Moneywomen17:
omo Benin lasan lasan talk true are u still worshipping the many gods like sango ogun and osun that we impose on u hmm

That should be d other way round British colonized nigeria nd gave it its religion benin colonized Yoruba nd gave is religion..... Ask for prove

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 2:44am On Jun 18, 2018
gregyboy:

Are having upper hand shutting the edos down only money4woman is doing a good job for the yorubas...

Thats why the whole 36 state will continue to believe on this fairytales of thiers even arguing with a calabar boy recently he took the side of d yorubas untill i showed him reality from fairytale

Yorubas are using fairytales and edos is using the same fairytales with them they are the master of it .....they will win in fairytale instead edos shld attack with prove nd logic ....example oyo was never an empire obatala never existed ,oduduwa is a benin prince with prove to them

Bro I think you are wrong in your observations.. on the contrary it is the Yorubas that have been shamed and exposed of their lies.
Edos unlike the Yorubas do not indulge in fairy tales. Yorubas are the ones promoting their fairytale about oduduwa descending from the skies, fairytale about mythical Oyo empire and after we slapped the fairytales out of their mouth they resulted to calling Edos witches, our women prostitutes..
we on the other hand have been presenting historical facts and accounts which are documented not fairytales.
Saying Ekhaladeran is oduduwa is not a fairytale, neither is the fact that Benin founded Lagos a fairytale. Also saying Benin conquered and subjugated the Yorubas and ruled over them for at least 500yrs a fairytale.. it is a fact.
We also conquered Eastern Yoruba lands.
That their ancestors were weak and cowardly is not a fairytale.
All these are true accounts of the Yorubas.

So if you see the Yorubas doing all the shouting and doing long write ups it is due to the frustrations and humiliations we have subjected them to.
We don’t need to shout or write long epistles like them. Everything is readily available on the internet and google search.
So don’t let their shouting and jargons bother you, it is the cries of defeat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 3:06am On Jun 18, 2018
grin grin grin

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 4:35am On Jun 18, 2018
The fact that Eshans are Edo is not a fairytail.
I am certainly not a guy who discusses fairytails.
I brought out precolonial maps and that is all I needed for my arguments.
The fact that yoruba are skilled at duping and lying is not lost on anyone.
I have said it many times that an educated adult can easily debunk the yoruba lies and I have done so often.
When you lack knowledge on something, don't replace that knowledge with some "assumptions".
Sometimes, it is as if you actually believe that if an information about the Edo is good and you lack knowledge of that information, then it must be a fairytail and the reality must be much more sinister. You need to research things thoroughly before talking about them.
And for your info, I don't care about what a calabar guy or a yoruba thinks, I only want my own people to know their history without filters and assumptions. I bet you didn't know that Benin City was only the capital of Benin Kingdom and not the Kingdom itself.
We all learn everyday, no shame in that.

gregyboy:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 4:51am On Jun 18, 2018
We have to be carefull on several things though.
Oduduwa is a myth, a folkloric figure, there is no historical document of his existence. Rather it is a story being told with no proof to back it.
Also, what people need to focus on are historical documents: documents describing historical events and written in the same period as the events. That is what it really means to document ones history. A lot of things are written in the internet which are lies and fabrication, in that category you can put almost everything written by a yoruba about african history. The yoruba filled wikipedia with fairytails and pretended that it was actual history.
My 2 cents.
Good day my brothers, I prefer to talk directly to you guys than to talk to the yoruba trolls.

davidnazee:

Bro I think you are wrong in your observations.. on the contrary it is the Yorubas that have been shamed and exposed of their lies.
Edos unlike the Yorubas do not indulge in fairy tales. Yorubas are the ones promoting their fairytale about oduduwa descending from the skies, fairytale about mythical Oyo empire and after we slapped the fairytales out of their mouth they resulted to calling Edos witches, our women prostitutes..
we on the other hand have been presenting historical facts and accounts which are documented not fairytales.
Saying Ekhaladeran is oduduwa is not a fairytale, neither is the fact that Benin founded Lagos a fairytale. Also saying Benin conquered and subjugated the Yorubas and ruled over them for at least 500yrs a fairytale.. it is a fact.
We also conquered Eastern Yoruba lands.
That their ancestors were weak and cowardly is not a fairytale.
All these are true accounts of the Yorubas.

So if you see the Yorubas doing all the shouting and doing long write ups it is due to the frustrations and humiliations we have subjected them to.
We don’t need to shout or write long epistles like them. Everything is readily available on the internet and google search.
So don’t let their shouting and jargons bother you, it is the cries of defeat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 4:51am On Jun 18, 2018
grin

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Obalufon: 7:16am On Jun 18, 2018
davidnazee:

I see you are still reading the script given to you by your white masters to whom u humbly surrendered your destiny and also aided them in robbing Africa..
Do you know that the first Yoruba man to start selling Africa lands and heritage to the white man was Akintoye of Lagos? Do you know that after that Oyo sold themselves followed by the Ijebus?

Please did Brazilian government sign documents with Oni to acknowledge the Brazilian state as part of Yoruba nation? or is it just word of mouth from a slave Oni you guys are excited about?
The Igbos have long been declaring everywhere there are Igbos majority as part of Igbo nations and installing monarchs there.. Na now una start and u are celebrating lol..

you people will be merged/ join with the ibos at last, we don't know you people again ..100 yrs ago your forefathers see the yoruba as their cousin, now you people see us as your enemy ...when biafra run over your city without resistance na small yoruba boys that enlisted into the army voluntary as young as 15yrs/yrs16 that liberated your kingdom yet you people hate ...Nigeria we break and you na go be slave to the eastern soon..
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Obalufon: 7:47am On Jun 18, 2018
davidnazee:

You are really patient listening to these Yoruba weaklings whose ancestors gave them a weak and failed history as legacy..
Their history is filled with subjugation and conquest by Benin kingdom who ruled them for over 500years.. Bro we ruled these guy for over 500 years.. That's why they are so pained and angry at Edo people forgetting that in life there has to be a conqueror and the conquered.. Lucky for us we were the conqueror..

And that Olu is talking about economic power and awareness.. Edo state is richer and more developed than all Yoruba states (lagos is not yoruba state) and Edo people are on the average more exposed and and aware than the Yorubas.

You people are genetically less evolved which can be seen in you people animalistic and barbaric behavior your cognitive development can't be compared to yoruba, is scientifically proven ..the little intelligent you people have or posses is through genetically pool contributed by the Yorubas .even down south to delta state through the lukumis . we are first in everything in Nigeria first graduate, first doctor first engineer, mathematician ..go to to sankore University yoruba Islamic scholars were teaching there before the white men ever set foot in Africa our forefather foot print are seen and present are felt as far Sudan, mali ghana Senegal ,Mauritania ..little the world know about your kingdom is through the white man where as yoruba were known before white man ever coming to Africa ..Ibn Battuta African historian and world traveler wrote about yoruba and oyo ..
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Obalufon: 7:58am On Jun 18, 2018
Favor99:

There’s a lot of hateful people here on nairalander. There all over nairaland saying all kinds of foolish stuff.
What tribe are you?
But yes we should unite.
Enlightenment is key
Our people one, need to know how badly oyinbos hate us and that were in this together.

People also need to stop watching TV movies and all this mind control stuff that brainwashed us and whitewashes us.

We need to restructure everything

you people started it.. abusing us out of jealousy yet you people can't do without us you live in our land make money riches in our land yet you people hate us ..we are playing your abusive game with you now you are preaching bullshit ....they are more ibos and edos in southwest more than their various states..they've encroached somuch on us little allocation given to us is not enough and their state are all ghost cities no one is living there
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 8:03am On Jun 18, 2018
Favor99:

That’s cool. I live abroad. Yea there positive things about western culture. Every culture has some influences on other cultures

Do you live in Nigeria?

How did you get so enlightened? Because even abroad, our people can still be so brainwashed
I used to live abroad
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by steveosaz(m): 11:04am On Jun 18, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

You are already bowing every single day you praise oduduwa.
Why do I have to waste my time trying to get you to do what you are already doing effortlessly. Hahaha...

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by steveosaz(m): 11:10am On Jun 18, 2018
GodSon34:
All you fake Yoruba people! How can Ife be your spiritual capital when it didn’t even exist until 1900s...the Ooni of Ife is a fake office.,might as well be an extension of the British empire.
All the land inhabited by Osun people belonged to the Ijebu. Please see map 1892

Don't mind the slaves. I have told them repeatedly that there is nothing like ooni because ooni is a fraud, a slave boy who strangely became king. Any yorubastard who claims ooni is supreme is a lost soul who doesn't know their history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by steveosaz(m): 11:14am On Jun 18, 2018
gregyboy:

You clearly have not been diligent in your assessment. Money4women is the dumbest imp among those ypruba slaves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by steveosaz(m): 11:18am On Jun 18, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Your disclosures or secrecy makes no difference to us. We know you more than you know yourself.

I can tell you autoritatively that even Edo is Yoruba term. Your idigenous name is Efa....but purpose of this we let you be happy and call yourself Edo and feel some taste of importance and class for now. At appropriate time i will snatch even the Edo from you and bring out your uncivility as an Efa.

grin

See omo aboki talking.

Continue your day dream. When you are through, you will tell us how the Hausa named you slaves Yoruba(bariba) even today, they still call you beribe. Slavish, classless people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by steveosaz(m): 11:28am On Jun 18, 2018
Obalufon:

you people will be merged/ join with the ibos at last, we don't know you people again ..100 yrs ago your forefathers see the yoruba as their cousin, now you people see us as your enemy ...when biafra run over your city without resistance na small yoruba boys that enlisted into the army voluntary as young as 15yrs/yrs16 that liberated your kingdom yet you people hate ...Nigeria we break and you na go be slave to the eastern soon..

The dubious nature of you fraudsters is what is souring the relationship. Don't worry, we would deal with the Ibos on a different level. For now, we need to place you properly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by steveosaz(m): 11:35am On Jun 18, 2018
Obalufon:

You people are genetically less evolved which can be seen in you people animalistic and barbaric behavior your cognitive development can't be compared to yoruba, is scientifically proven ..the little intelligent you people have or posses is through genetically pull contributed by the Yorubas .even down south to delta state through the lukumis . we are first in everything in Nigeria first graduate, first doctor first engineer, mathematician ..go to to sankore University yoruba Islamic scholars were teaching there before the white men ever set foot in Africa our forefather foot print are seen and present are felt as far Sudan, mali ghana Senegal ,Mauritania ..little the world know about your kingdom is through the white man where as yoruba were known before white man ever coming to Africa ..Ibn Battuta African historian and world traveler wrote about yoruba and oyo ..

Eeeyaa, relics of a failed empire again. Oga first, with all your so called first Nigeria and even worse the entire yprubaland is a shithole. Yorubaland is the ritual kidnap yahoo yahoo headquarters of Nigeria and indeed Africa.

lazy pigs, the igbos are still the ones developing your lands. Shameless people.

I was expecting you would say you are now on the same level with the whites. Dirtiest tribe in Africa.

Ndi offemmanu

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (123) (Reply)

The "REAL" Hausa / Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.