Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,430 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? (9848 Views)

3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages / Pastor Adeboye: If You Are Afraid Of Death At 70, Check Your Salvation / If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by specco(m): 9:47am On Apr 29, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
I was born into c Christian home, they always took me to church and I did like they do cuz I thought their taking me to church to hear about Jesus was same as their telling me fire would burn my skin. I just assumed god exists and Christianity is true cuz everyone I like shares the same opinion. I even believed I had a Personal relationship with Jesus and talked to him while he also talks back. until one day I asked myself what if all these are made-up bullsheet? what if its all a lie? what's that thing that can only happen to a non Christian? I then realise I never had any relationship with Jesus rather believed I had just like a mad person can believe Buhari is a white athletic young man

I dumped Christianity after asking myself "Why do you believe this?", the why question lead me to realise it was all indoctrination and once one starts questioning the Bible, one starts to see it for what it is (Myths, fables with some genuine history sprinkled in here and there)

I found out the reason man created gods, Mankind has always feared his own mortality. So we will always have people that want there to be more. Mankind wants there to be a why to our existence, and some may never totally accept we are no better than a fly.
To believe in a God is to relinquish your ability to seek the truth... To simply give up on the answers to the impossible questions... To stop using the most important of Human faculties, the ability to question... All questions about the universe, pain, suffering, evil, morality etc...God did it.....now get back to work and pay your tithe because he needs money...

I begin with the question; Would an all powerful divine being, capable of willing the universe into existence, use a convoluted book of indeterminate authorship and origin to communicate the most important message imaginable? why would evangelism even be necessary? God could just beam the knowledge of Christianity directly into everyone's heads, or at very least talk to them like he talked to Paul or the prophets. Hell, instead of running off to heaven and never being seen again, the risen Jesus could just travel the world proclaiming the truth of his resurrection and performing miracles to prove it. It's not like he has anything better to do.
Why would an all powerful god need flawed, ignorant humans to communicate his message, especially when that message is the most important thing a human being could possibly know?

The sheer number of religions in the world should also be thought provoking in itself. There are hundreds of variations
of Christianity alone. Sadly, instead of calling the source material into question, far too many people delude themselves into believing everyone else is wrong. They do this without realizing they are accepting a paradigm that says, in essence, a divine being who willed the universe into existence couldn't get his/her/its story straight.

After considering all these and many more I received my salvation from the stupidity of Christianity
Another soul lost to Satan and Hell fire!
The devil is wicked and cunning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by Mrcritic2: 9:55am On Apr 29, 2018
ewo

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by Dafreeguy(m): 9:55am On Apr 29, 2018
I have always been in Christ..and will surely die in him..I can't really pinpoint why i believe in him, i guess my spirit soul and body feels his presence3 on a daily basis

1 Like

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 29, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
I was born into c Christian home, they always took me to church and I did like they do cuz I thought their taking me to church to hear about Jesus was same as their telling me fire would burn my skin. I just assumed god exists and Christianity is true cuz everyone I like shares the same opinion. I even believed I had a Personal relationship with Jesus and talked to him while he also talks back. until one day I asked myself what if all these are made-up bullsheet? what if its all a lie? what's that thing that can only happen to a non Christian? I then realise I never had any relationship with Jesus rather believed I had just like a mad person can believe Buhari is a white athletic young man

I dumped Christianity after asking myself "Why do you believe this?", the why question lead me to realise it was all indoctrination and once one starts questioning the Bible, one starts to see it for what it is (Myths, fables with some genuine history sprinkled in here and there)

I found out the reason man created gods, Mankind has always feared his own mortality. So we will always have people that want there to be more. Mankind wants there to be a why to our existence, and some may never totally accept we are no better than a fly.
To believe in a God is to relinquish your ability to seek the truth... To simply give up on the answers to the impossible questions... To stop using the most important of Human faculties, the ability to question... All questions about the universe, pain, suffering, evil, morality etc...God did it.....now get back to work and pay your tithe because he needs money...

I begin with the question; Would an all powerful divine being, capable of willing the universe into existence, use a convoluted book of indeterminate authorship and origin to communicate the most important message imaginable? why would evangelism even be necessary? God could just beam the knowledge of Christianity directly into everyone's heads, or at very least talk to them like he talked to Paul or the prophets. Hell, instead of running off to heaven and never being seen again, the risen Jesus could just travel the world proclaiming the truth of his resurrection and performing miracles to prove it. It's not like he has anything better to do.
Why would an all powerful god need flawed, ignorant humans to communicate his message, especially when that message is the most important thing a human being could possibly know?

The sheer number of religions in the world should also be thought provoking in itself. There are hundreds of variations
of Christianity alone. Sadly, instead of calling the source material into question, far too many people delude themselves into believing everyone else is wrong. They do this without realizing they are accepting a paradigm that says, in essence, a divine being who willed the universe into existence couldn't get his/her/its story straight.

After considering all these and many more I received my salvation from the stupidity of Christianity

Your philosophy is not sound and so inconsequential.... Go read more and know the true meaning of your own existence cos to u now u exist by chance right.?

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by psychologist(m): 10:17am On Apr 29, 2018
We were never led to Christ, Christ came to us, all we do is accept him....

We did nothing
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by thatigboman: 10:25am On Apr 29, 2018
Stop deceiving yourselves. God and christ are all a grand hoax

1 Like

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by deramos23: 10:25am On Apr 29, 2018
It was my cousin that brought me to a wonderful family of God, my life was changed. I made up my mind to start going to his church because of his genuine love for God, commitment and above all his outstanding Christlike life he lived. Joshua thank you for bringing me to this wonderful family of God(Christ Embassy). Continue to rest in peace, we will meet on the resurrection morning where we will meet to part no more. Miss u bro!

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by emmayayodeji(m): 10:36am On Apr 29, 2018
quinnboy:
I was ill.... Diagnosed with an ailment and was told I was going to die.... I prayed like I've never done before and God healed me.... Then I knew he (God) is true and real... So, that led me to Christ.
Did you use any medication while praying for your miracle..

Honest answer please
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by dexmond: 11:08am On Apr 29, 2018
The road to my be salvation started after I read a book titled "Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?". After reading the book, I was convinced that man was actually created by God. What I took away from the book especially was from the part that talks about the complexity of the human brain and eyes. A section on who invented it first? or something that sounds like that. So, I concluded that the bible is true and the things written therein including a literal hell is true. I did not surrender my life to Jesus immediately, but I said when I get to certain age, after enjoying life, I will then serve God. This did not happen as I surrender my Life at the age of 22 following an incident. One day, while crossing the road, a bus almost hit me. Something in me kept saying if I had died in the accident. I would have gone to hell. So, when I got to work, I prayed by asking God to forgive all my sins and that I will serve him. Little did I know that the prayer will change the course of my life forever. Soon after, I discovered that those things which I loved doing were no longer attractive to me- the power of Sin was broken!!! People around noticed a remarkable change in me, I did do anything to change myself except that I just couldn't do things that displease God. It has been 16 years since that time. I have been tempted several times and I have failed several time. But each time, I find strength in the scripture which the Lord gave me then - it says "A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth". I have not been the best of Christians, but I rest on His Grace and Love. I pray that He will find me worthy at His coming or at death if he tarries in coming back.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by moscobabs(m): 11:11am On Apr 29, 2018
gidjah:
I actually became a child of God late 80's.was in pry school then, recallled always going for evangelism in other pry schools around us then .I and one of my very christian brother Joel Ujah (tried getting him on FB but I never fit search him out.) He was my physical and spiritual companion then.our zeal started in pry school , very zealous, I guess I just got tired of doing some set of fooolish things then; stealing my parents properties , lying just practicing truancy around then.i was very brilliant and doing well in school, as a matter of fact, one of the very few best in Army children school in Kaduna state.But some thing kept messing me up spiritually and attitudinal instability was d result, it dealt with me bad until God helped me.My polygamous home greatly played a heavy role in stylishly messing me up too(if you get the digg s) but thank God things have a bit changed now.i finally accepted Jesus in the 1990 .secondary school was fun then doing it with my master Jesus, He really helped me and exposed me.i really enjoyed God there, brethren were around to support and the story goes on .till date , God has been faithful despite the challenges , HE hasnt failed me once, even in all my un faithful state.I really thank God .serving Him pays and it does pay the best and the greatest.
Oga pls which of Army children school in kaduna u attended in late 80 pls? I m searching for a friend his name is Elijah but cant remember his surname.

Atleast i want to see one of my old classmates.thanks
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by dexmond: 11:12am On Apr 29, 2018
thatigboman:
Stop deceiving yourselves. God and christ are all a grand hoax

How? I am sure you have never heard of Flavius Josephus, Tacitus, Suetonius, Thallus etc. These were non christian historians who mentioned Jesus in their writings.
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by gidjah(m): 11:20am On Apr 29, 2018
moscobabs:

Oga pls which of Army children school in kaduna u attended in late 80 pls? I m searching for a friend his name is Elijah but cant remember his surname.

Atleast i want to see one of my old classmates.thanks
mosco u be kaduna bomber too? This world is a small place mu brother.i attended Army children school New contoment A.you should remember. Most of d schools then in the 80's were majorly Army schools usually located in d barracks. Father was a military officer in NDA then.i also have been trying to connect my with some of my childhood friends but for were!!
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by Btruth: 11:21am On Apr 29, 2018
My Dad. Very strict about going to church. So you like it or not as his child, you must follow Christ by force (though we were teenagers then)......

........but today, "Looking unto Jesus, the author and the finisher of our faith."

Trusting Him, Him alone is the only solution to life. No matter what, you will always find solace in Him.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by moscobabs(m): 11:28am On Apr 29, 2018
gidjah:
mosco u be kaduna bomber too? This world is a small place mu brother.i attended Army children school New contoment A.you should remember. Most of d schools then in the 80's were majorly Army schools usually located in d barracks. Father was a military officer in NDA then.i also have been trying to connect my with some of my childhood friends but for were!!
Yea...if i can remenbr mine was at kakuri cos our barrack then was Artilary barrack but i left Army sch in 1989 to complete my primary sch in Lagos. Army school was liKe NMS in the 80s.what a nice memory
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by donnie(m): 11:28am On Apr 29, 2018
See personal salvation stories of hundreds of thousands of Christians here, including testomonies of some well known believers.

And you can add yours too!

http://wikisozo.com
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by gidjah(m): 11:37am On Apr 29, 2018
moscobabs:

Yea...if i can remenbr mine was at kakuri cos our barrack then was Artilary barrack but i left Army sch in 1989 to complete my primary sch in Lagos. Army school was liKe NMS in the 80s.what a nice memory
yes o, kakuri close to mogadishu and Textiles industries ....kaduna is now a shadow of its self, no glory abeg.Army childre n school was d place to be then.eme finished my school north and schooled at utman danfodio...na aboki me I be o, full time omo hausa ni mi o! Welcome brother.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by gidjah(m): 11:45am On Apr 29, 2018
dexmond:
The road to my be salvation started after I read a book titled "Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?". After reading the book, I was convinced that man was actually created by God. What I took away fro the book was especially was from the part that talks about the complexity of the human brain and eyes. A section on who invented it first? or something that sounds like that. So, I concluded that the bible is true and the things written therein including a literal hell is true. I did not surrender my life to Jesus immediately, but I said when I get to certain age, after enjoying life, I will then serve God. This did not happen as I surrender my Life at the age of 22 following an incident. One day, while crossing the road, a bus almost hit me. Something in me kept saying if I had died in the accident. I would have gone to hell. So, when I got to work, I prayed by asking God to forgive all my sins and that I will serve him. Little did I know that the prayer will change the course of my life forever. Soon after, I discovered that those things which I loved doing were no longer attractive to me- the power of Sin was broken!!! People around noticed a remarkable change in me, I did do anything to change myself except that I just couldn't do things that displease God. It has been 16 years since that time. I have been tempted several times and I have failed several time. But each time, I find strength in the scripture which the Lord gave me then - it says "A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth". I have not been the best of Christians, but I rest on His Grace and Love. I pray that He will find me worthy at His coming or at death if he tarries in coming back.
thank God for that verse you quoted. Thats ish 42:3 and mth 12:20 .my most strengthening portio n for a long long time.those has always been my comfort , God is ever merciful and kind bro, I am a living witness.i have done some horribble things on eqrth wallahi, but his convenant with me HE HASNT BROKEN ONCE.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by ibori1(m): 11:48am On Apr 29, 2018
because I love God

and each time I sin,is like I want to die,I will b so worried

so no point committing sin
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by millomaniac: 11:53am On Apr 29, 2018
Onechancearmy:
But these atheists have mental issues o. They never have an intelligent opinion on politics, sports, society etc. Even if there was a science section on nairaland, atheists would be under-represented on it.
The cheap thrill of derailing Christian threads with brain dead commentary is all they live for. A classic example is the sub-evolved specimen known as hopefullandord, or is it hopeless tenant?
Well, as long as we're keeping you alive we the Christian community on NL will continue to tolerate you atheists in the same way that a dog owner doesn't mind cleaning up his animal's waste.
That's what Christians do best.

Me I just wonder why they don't flood Moslem threads.
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by gidjah(m): 11:54am On Apr 29, 2018
dexmond:
The road to my be salvation started after I read a book titled "Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?". After reading the book, I was convinced that man was actually created by God. What I took away fro the book was especially was from the part that talks about the complexity of the human brain and eyes. A section on who invented it first? or something that sounds like that. So, I concluded that the bible is true and the things written therein including a literal hell is true. I did not surrender my life to Jesus immediately, but I said when I get to certain age, after enjoying life, I will then serve God. This did not happen as I surrender my Life at the age of 22 following an incident. One day, while crossing the road, a bus almost hit me. Something in me kept saying if I had died in the accident. I would have gone to hell. So, when I got to work, I prayed by asking God to forgive all my sins and that I will serve him. Little did I know that the prayer will change the course of my life forever. Soon after, I discovered that those things which I loved doing were no longer attractive to me- the power of Sin was broken!!! People around noticed a remarkable change in me, I did do anything to change myself except that I just couldn't do things that displease God. It has been 16 years since that time. I have been tempted several times and I have failed several time. But each time, I find strength in the scripture which the Lord gave me then - it says "A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth". I have not been the best of Christians, but I rest on His Grace and Love. I pray that He will find me worthy at His coming or at death if he tarries in coming back.
those are great motivating bible quotations to me all d time.Ish 43:2 and mth 12:20. Every time u see yoir self getting wewker and discouraged in d faith , just remebr He is an ever loving father..a smoking flask he will never quench and a wounded reed he wont break! Hallelujah to the Heavens.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by moscobabs(m): 12:03pm On Apr 29, 2018
gidjah:
yes o, kakuri close to mogadishu and Textiles industries ....kaduna is now a shadow of its self, no glory abeg.Army childre n school was d place to be then.eme finished my school north and schooled at utman danfodio...na aboki me I be o, full time omo hausa ni mi o! Welcome brother.
We are one bro. Regards to your family members

Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by Komu1048(m): 12:11pm On Apr 29, 2018
I will go deep into Christianity anytime I have problem and av tried all my humanly effort n fail, I ll call on him try some fasting n prayer. He comes in and rescue me... But when I'm free I will go into the world again, until something bad happen again. Money and big bumbum ladies are my problem, I've prayed so much on this but haven't gotten help. A friend of mine advised me to hand over everything to him n don't struggle with him, he said by doing this christ will rescue me....I'm waiting. I want to be like those brothers that we call spririkoko. They r so pure n honest, nothing tempt them or shake them. I want to live above sin.... God send helper.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by skilfulsagei(m): 12:13pm On Apr 29, 2018
I gave me life to Jesus Christ @ Nigerian Fellowship of Evangelical Students, LAUTECH, during a programme tagged "Towards Eternity" in 1991. I can't remember the name of the preacher but I remember that the power of God descended greatly during the programme.
God turned my life around and testimonies have abound in my life since this great experience.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by continentalceo(m): 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2018
Start from u r self nah
feodan:
Happy sunday fellow nairalanders.

i would love us to share our salvation experiences here, how it happened, where it happened and if possible the sermon and the preacher who preached the sermon that lead to our salvation......

And also the blessings that we've received after our salvation.....

We are doing this just to prove to those people who are procastinating, that its not too late to come and drink of the living water and thirst no more......

This is the day the lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it hallelujah !!!

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by Daviddson(m): 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2018
Firefire:
Sometimes around January 1992, I met the Lord with personal encounter followed by the gift of the spirit.
Hallelujah I am saved by His Grace.
Thanks to FCS - Fellowship of Christian Students & SU - Scripture Union.
Maranatha!
Are you sure you're still saved considering the kind of acidic comments you make on Politics section? You call God's creatures cows, and other demeaning names. Check again, Mr. Just an innocent question anyway.
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by Firefire(m): 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2018
Daviddson:
Are you sure you're still saved considering the kind of acidic comments you make on Politics section? You call God's creatures cows, and other demeaning names. Check again, Mr. Just an innocent question anyway.

Saved by Grace. tongue
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by Daviddson(m): 12:38pm On Apr 29, 2018
Firefire:

Saved by Grace. tongue
Yes, you're saved by grace, but that grace thereafter produces an outward character that's in consistence with righteousness.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by quinnboy: 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2018
emmayayodeji:

Did you use any medication while praying for your miracle..

Honest answer please
I swear I didn't.... Honestly
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by emmayayodeji(m): 12:43pm On Apr 29, 2018
quinnboy:

I swear I didn't.... Honestly
WhAt did the doctor say was wrong with you?
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by hamer: 12:49pm On Apr 29, 2018
TheTrueApostle:
I contracted HIV/AIDS and in turn gave my life to Christ.

What else do u want to hear? Are u happy now

Mtcheeew!!!

Give life ko, take life ni!!!
sorry for ya life
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by isaacprinz(m): 12:51pm On Apr 29, 2018
TheTrueApostle:
I contracted HIV/AIDS and in turn gave my life to Christ.

What else do u want to hear? Are u happy now

Mtcheeew!!!

Give life ko, take life ni!!!
hmmm I weak for you, God help you!"
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by Ronpet777(m): 12:52pm On Apr 29, 2018
Komu1048:
I will go deep into Christianity anytime I have problem and av tried all my humanly effort n fail, I ll call on him try some fasting n prayer. He comes in and rescue me... But when I'm free I will go into the world again, until something bad happen again. Money and big bumbum ladies are my problem, I've prayed so much on this but haven't gotten help. A friend of mine advised me to hand over everything to him n don't struggle with him, he said by doing this christ will rescue me....I'm waiting. I want to be like those brothers that we call spririkoko. They r so pure n honest, nothing tempt them or shake them. I want to live above sin.... God send helper.

I feel u bro... I was like that at some points.
I used to be a Christian by default. Just believed cos I was born into it, it was normal to be called born again Christian. I still got involved in worldly things. I was a chronic womanizer and cud quarrel with people for life.
I was invited to a church and I realised that they were all super humans somehow. They believed so much in God and all had personal relationship with Him and it translated in their lives because things worked for them perfectly. They were always joyful and pleasant.I decided to give my life to Christ wholeheartedly and prayerfully. My life changed immensely.
I read up there how HopefulLandlord wrote about 'God' being a myth and I feel very sorry for him. The devil is so powerful that he gets u lost and gives u many reasons to be proud that u r. He even helps u with logic to be lost. How can one who sleeps and wakes and dreams not knw that there must be a place after here? How does he not knw that when we sleep we leave our body and return when we wake? How does he not knw that d soul will return to where it came after death?How does he not knw that d world is like a dream and u will wake up to reality before ur maker one day to give account of all that u did in d short while u were here?
In my life, I hv experienced God more than a countable times. He is so real that when u trust in Him u see him more without struggle. But when u allow urself to be derailed by false doctrines, u will find urself on a slope such as the atheists have. God is good ,He is real just as d devil is.
Thank u op for this wonderful topic. There is a certain unquenchable joy that comes with salvation that u can never find anywhere else. I still make mistakes inadvertently but always repent on d spot because it feels so unusual and unpleasant to me now. May God be praised in the highest.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent / 10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses / Of What Use Is The Judgement Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.