Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? (9915 Views)

3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages / Pastor Adeboye: If You Are Afraid Of Death At 70, Check Your Salvation / If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by Firefire(m): 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2018
Daviddson:
Yes, you're saved by grace, but that grace thereafter produces an outward character that's in consistence with righteousness.

Are you saved?
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by Mryacks: 1:01pm On Apr 29, 2018
gidjah:
I actually became a child of God late 80's.was in pry school then, recallled always going for evangelism in other pry schools around us then .I and one of my very christian brother Joel Ujah (tried getting him on FB but I never fit search him out.) He was my physical and spiritual companion then.our zeal started in pry school , very zealous, I guess I just got tired of doing some set of fooolish things then; stealing my parents properties , lying just practicing truancy around then.i was very brilliant and doing well in school, as a matter of fact, one of the very few best in Army children school in Kaduna state.But some thing kept messing me up spiritually and attitudinal instability was d result, it dealt with me bad until God helped me.My polygamous home greatly played a heavy role in stylishly messing me up too(if you get the digg s) but thank God things have a bit changed now.i finally accepted Jesus in the 1990 .secondary school was fun then doing it with my master Jesus, He really helped me and exposed me.i really enjoyed God there, brethren were around to support and the story goes on .till date , God has been faithful despite the challenges , HE hasnt failed me once, even in all my un faithful state.I really thank God .serving Him pays and it does pay the best and the greatest.

Is bro Joel Ujah from Benue State?
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by Daviddson(m): 1:11pm On Apr 29, 2018
Firefire:

Are you saved?
Yes, I'm.
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by Firefire(m): 1:16pm On Apr 29, 2018
Daviddson:
Yes, I'm.

Congratulations beloved.

Ensure you are ready as He is coming for the glorious church without spots or wrinkles.

Shalom. tongue

Maranatha!
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by Daviddson(m): 1:22pm On Apr 29, 2018
Firefire:

Congratulations beloved.

Ensure you are ready as He is coming for the glorious church without spots or wrinkles.
Shalom. tongue
Maranatha!
Thank you bro. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by DavidEsq(m): 2:26pm On Apr 29, 2018
Karlovich:
oledepo slapping the supposedly possessed girl lead to me to Christ, it was a blissful moment and experience for me, I felt the holy ghost within me as I ran to the front of the altar screaming "i am saved" to thank oledepo
So it was Oyedepo dat saved u and not Jesus Christ? Oyedepo the "saviour".
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by DavidEsq(m): 2:34pm On Apr 29, 2018
pweetyz:
Fellowshiping with Christians is essential. It isn't religion.
Recall the first Christians.
Please do take going to church important.
I had this say my own prayers at home ideology many years back.
I'm glad got gave me the required insight to know better.
Hebrews 10:25: "not forsaking our meeting together as some have the custom....."

1 Like

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by gidjah(m): 3:44pm On Apr 29, 2018
Mryacks:

Is bro Joel Ujah from Benue State?
yes he is,though we really never discussed language, but that name is.its bin long o,1988
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by Mryacks: 4:58pm On Apr 29, 2018
gidjah:
yes he is,though we really never discussed language, but that name is.its bin long o,1988

Ok I see. Recently a Rev name Tor Ujah (also from Benue State) was a guest preacher in my Church at Abuja. Though I could link the names but it should a different person.
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by koyeni(m): 5:19pm On Apr 29, 2018
Glad to have some good comments abt salvation experiences of people cos looking through nairaland everytime to see d comments of a lot of people against God n Christianity makes me weep n feel something is fundamentally wrong .. I really don't know if there's any such joy that can parallel that of true salvation. If u know, u know...

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by gidjah(m): 5:34pm On Apr 29, 2018
Mryacks:

Ok I see. Recently a Rev name Tor Ujah (also from Benue State) was a guest preacher in my Church at Abuja. Though I could link the names but it should a different person.
thanks so much, really long to see my brother In the faith then way way back.those were the true people I call friends indeed, not even my university colleagues could mean that much to me
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by everlymoore86(m): 6:41pm On Apr 29, 2018
He died to save the world.
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by piagetskinner(m): 12:50pm On Apr 30, 2018
thatigboman:
Stop deceiving yourselves. God and christ are all a grand hoax
if God does not exist as you say why should you be bothered about his inexistence in the first place?..that's my grouse with atheists

psalm 14;1 the bible says only a FOOL says in his heart there is no God,..so by all ramifications you're officially a fool..

you better repent and come to Christ so that u will be wise.. or do u want to remain in your status quo? if you're wise you wouldn't
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by thatigboman: 1:02pm On Apr 30, 2018
piagetskinner:

if God does not exist as you say why should you be bothered about his inexistence in the first place?..that's my grouse with atheists

psalm 14;1 the bible says only a FOOL says in his heart there is no God,..so by all ramifications you're officially a fool..

you better repent and come to Christ so that u will be wise.. or do u want to remain in your status quo? if you're wise you wouldn't
me bothered? say something else.
that so-called terrorist and polygamist they call david they say wrote psalms is the biggest fool that ever existed.
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by Makschinchin: 5:16pm On Apr 30, 2018
Kingsley1000:
Christ blesses you based on the good things u've done and not by going to church

i believe in God but i dont believe in religion

@bolded

Do Christians live by works or by faith in Christ Jesus?

When you say Christ blesses us based on the good things we've done, you sound like blessings come only when we do good
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by piagetskinner(m): 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2018
thatigboman:
me bothered? say something else.
that so-called terrorist and polygamist they call david they say wrote psalms is the biggest fool that ever existed.

actually he's not...he was a friend of God...God called him a man after his own heart..because he was always remorseful and sorry anytime he made mistakes..he never argued or tried to give excuses for making those mistakes.. and he never repeated those mistakes....

now that's a wise man...u will do well to learn from that..have a nice day
Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by Komu1048(m): 7:35pm On Oct 13, 2018
Ronpet777:

I feel u bro... I was like that at some points.
I used to be a Christian by default. Just believed cos I was born into it, it was normal to be called born again Christian. I still got involved in worldly things. I was a chronic womanizer and cud quarrel with people for life.
I was invited to a church and I realised that they were all super humans somehow. They believed so much in God and all had personal relationship with Him and it translated in their lives because things worked for them perfectly. They were always joyful and pleasant.I decided to give my life to Christ wholeheartedly and prayerfully. My life changed immensely.
I read up there how HopefulLandlord wrote about 'God' being a myth and I feel very sorry for him. The devil is so powerful that he gets u lost and gives u many reasons to be proud that u r. He even helps u with logic to be lost. How can one who sleeps and wakes and dreams not knw that there must be a place after here? How does he not knw that when we sleep we leave our body and return when we wake? How does he not knw that d soul will return to where it came after death?How does he not knw that d world is like a dream and u will wake up to reality before ur maker one day to give account of all that u did in d short while u were here?
In my life, I hv experienced God more than a countable times. He is so real that when u trust in Him u see him more without struggle. But when u allow urself to be derailed by false doctrines, u will find urself on a slope such as the atheists have. God is good ,He is real just as d devil is.
Thank u op for this wonderful topic. There is a certain unquenchable joy that comes with salvation that u can never find anywhere else. I still make mistakes inadvertently but always repent on d spot because it feels so unusual and unpleasant to me now. May God be praised in the highest.

I am so sorry, my reply is coming so late. Perhaps u might not see it but if u do...I am so grateful for the piece u wrote. And I am getting stronger in the faith recently, my prayer life have received upliftment and so is my walk with God. Making your way upright cant be compare to anything. I love you brother and appreciate you

1 Like

Re: Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? by Ronpet777(m): 6:45am On Oct 14, 2018
Komu1048:

I am so sorry, my reply is coming so late. Perhaps u might not see it but if u do...I am so grateful for the piece u wrote. And I am getting stronger in the faith recently, my prayer life have received upliftment and so is my walk with God. Making your way upright cant be compare to anything. I love you brother and appreciate you

I got it brother and I am so so joyous to see this. God bless u. May God continue to uphold us till the day of the lord. Cheers!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? / When A Man Is Not Humble / What Really Is The Rapture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.