Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,477 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Help Needed Concerning Restitution - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help Needed Concerning Restitution (15081 Views)

The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. / Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by kingchris30(m): 10:12pm On Apr 29, 2018
I don't want to sound harsh, but please if I may ask what is restitution, is it for christians? which new testament bible passage taught it? How exactly is it done? do not allow some teaching to affect my dear. you have made mistakes in the past and those are in the past, you don't need restitution to be forgiven. If your mind is disturbing you then is because you have heard negative teaching about restitution. but I assure you it not a doctrine in the bible. if you are in christ you are a new man, old things are gone. but if you want to do restitution then you must obey the whole law. why is it only result that people return? is that the only bad thing you had ever done? You must do resistution for everything to obey the law and don't forget that restitution is in four-fold from the story of Zacheus
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by ffo(m): 10:14pm On Apr 29, 2018
lonelydora:
Ecclesiastics 10:10 part B reads.....Wisdom is profitable to direct.

You remember Abraham lied to save life? Just pray for forgiveness and move on with your life.

Apply wisdom. Don't be so stupid to meet WAEC.
Why don't you stop misquoting the bible and misinterpreting God's word. Even after Abraham lied, he still did restitution and openly confessed to the king.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by bomasek(m): 10:17pm On Apr 29, 2018
thatigboman:
what of the SSCE? He should burn it or report to WAEC to withdraw it
No point,he should use the GCE in his educational pursuit
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2018
HeavenIsSoReall:

There's no sin you committed that can't be restituted. In this case, the op should write WAEC and intimate them what he did, if they forgive him, he's free before God and man but if they don't, they will tell him what he should do.
Na wa...
When God forgives u, it is OK and finished.
Whether waec forgives him or not is inconsequential.
Y'all should stop putting fear into peoples heart.
D deed has been done, all he needs is to go and make sure he doesn't sin anymore on same issue.
Apart from that tax collector who returned what he overcharged, where in the scripture buttressed on it?
What Scripture talked more on is ask for forgiveness and stay away from sin.
He should not kill himself for his past.
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by Evangkatsoulis: 10:35pm On Apr 29, 2018
Tear the certificate and never write another WASSCE again!

1 Like

Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by sharpwriter(m): 10:38pm On Apr 29, 2018
whisperingbird:
I did my ssce exam in 2016, the officers incharge told us to pay 2k in order to claim our calculator but I refused at first when I heard that it was for runs. I later paid when they refuse to give us calculator and we science students are the first to do practicals.
On the way, I collected a few answers to some questions I didn't know and since then I do feel bad. please what restitution advice can you give?

mods please help me to move it to FrontPage

Ecclesiastes 7:16 wink wink
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by Auladimeji(m): 10:41pm On Apr 29, 2018
DIYhackers:

The bolded is exactly what he should do. That's the law of restitution.

And restitution is different from forgiveness of sin.
Are you a Deeper life member

1 Like

Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by sooperrescue(m): 10:45pm On Apr 29, 2018
Timothy3113:
there is no restitution in the new testament,

If God has forgiven you, old things have passed away, if your want to restitute, let your spirit direct you.

1 John 1:8-10
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves
and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he
is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and
purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we
have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his
word is not in us.
Says who? Zaccheus could not see Jesus because he was a short man and so he decided to climb a tree. Jesus came under the tree and called him to come down. His meeting with Jesus made him repent and gave back all he took and added a fifth. Young man, let go of the certificate and go for another exam. 70% of the people who are jobless in the country today are exam cheats. They cheated with the connivance of their parents and when they get the certificates, they will be surprised when the photocopies of their certificates will be used to wrap fried plaintain and groundnuts. That is what it is good for.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by lasmile(f): 10:49pm On Apr 29, 2018
The Success you are chasing, has there been any one that made it successfully without some hitches or better put, some mistakes under the sun?

Don't give yourself a standard you can not maintain.

Option B
Simply remove that results from your shelf or profile and chase a better and holy path to a successful WAEC exams.

I like your zeal. Keep it up.

[quote authid my ssce exam in 2016, the officers incharge told us to pay 2k in order to claim our calculator but I refused at first when I heard that it was for runs. I later paid when they refuse to give us calculator and we science students are the first to do practicals.
On the way, I collected a few answers to some questions I didn't know and since then I do feel bad. please what restitution advice can you give?

mods please help me to move it to FrontPage[/quote]
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:08pm On Apr 29, 2018
whisperingbird:
I did my ssce exam in 2016, the officers incharge told us to pay 2k in order to claim our calculator but I refused at first when I heard that it was for runs. I later paid when they refuse to give us calculator and we science students are the first to do practicals.

You are allowing the devil to convict you of sin which JESUS has borne for you upon his body on the tree.

"Behold your righteousness through CHRIST."
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by thatigboman: 11:10pm On Apr 29, 2018
kingkakaone:

Na wa...
D deed has been done, all he needs is to go and make sure he doesn't sin anymore on same issue.
Apart from that tax collector who returned what he overcharged, where in the scripture buttressed on it?
nobody is putting fear into him. He asked for restitution, we are advising him.
There was a guy that graduated from unilag. Later became born again and wrote to unilag. Say he cheated in exams. His certificate was withdrawn.
Asking for forgiveness. Is it not who u offended that you will ask for forgiveness from? He offended WAEC. He should write to WAEC and tell them and then seek for forgiveness from them. Simple.
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by thatigboman: 11:14pm On Apr 29, 2018
kingchris30:
I don't want to sound harsh, but please if I may ask what is restitution, is it for christians? which new testament bible passage taught it? How exactly is it done? do not allow some teaching to affect my dear. you have made mistakes in the past and those are in the past, you don't need restitution to be forgiven. If your mind is disturbing you then is because you have heard negative teaching about restitution. but I assure you it not a doctrine in the bible. if you are in christ you are a new man, old things are gone. but if you want to do restitution then you must obey the whole law. why is it only result that people return? is that the only bad thing you had ever done? You must do resistution for everything to obey the law and don't forget that restitution is in four-fold from the story of Zacheus
so u are supporting evil and are here claiming born again.
Give the young man a good advice. He should return the certificate to WAEC.
Old things have passed away and u keep comitting new ones.
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by Timothy3113(m): 11:47pm On Apr 29, 2018
sooperrescue:

Says who? Zaccheus could not see Jesus because he was a short man and so he decided to climb a tree. Jesus came under the tree and called him to come down. His meeting with Jesus made him repent and gave back all he took and added a fifth. Young man, let go of the certificate and go for another exam. 70% of the people who are jobless in the country today are exam cheats. They cheated with the connivance of their parents and when they get the certificates, they will be surprised when the photocopies of their certificates will be used to wrap fried plaintain and groundnuts. That is what it is good for.

Was he mandated by the law or told by anyone to restitute??

He returned it backed in fourfold when led by the spirit.

There is no laid down rule for restitution.

We should do things as the spirit leads.
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 29, 2018
thatigboman:
nobody is putting fear into him. He asked for restitution, we are advising him.
There was a guy that graduated from unilag. Later became born again and wrote to unilag. Say he cheated in exams. His certificate was withdrawn.
Asking for forgiveness. Is it not who u offended that you will ask for forgiveness from? He offended WAEC. He should write to WAEC and tell them and then seek for forgiveness from them. Simple.
The guy in unilag acted because he heard people say if u don't restitute, u may not make heaven which is a pure lie.
I asked u to give me proof from the Scripture apart from Zacchaeus the tax collector.
U restitute to help someone or make living better for someone.
What he needs is the holy spirit to help him over guilty conscience and that's all.
I don't need to say more.
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 30, 2018
Timothy3113:

Was he mandated by the law or told by anyone to restitute??

I wonder how people take restitution issues out of contest o.
Jesus didn't even tell him to do it, he was led to do it by the spirit.
Matthew was also a tax collector, did he restitute?
What Scripture emphasized more on is asking for forgiveness and staying away from such sin as in the future as the case of the adulterous woman.
Some many people be making God look like a policeman who always look for faults from us.
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 30, 2018
thatigboman:
so u are supporting evil and are here claiming born again.
Give the young man a good advice. He should return the certificate to WAEC.
Old things have passed away and u keep comitting new ones.
The guy is correct.
If u must restitute, it must be in four folds like Zacchaeus...
There are things u don't go over on, just move on and commit such sin no more.
Mind u, if u restitute in one u must do same with all sins u have committed, if not u haven't done anything.
I need u to help with scripture passages that thought on restitution apart from Zacchaeus.
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 30, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

You are allowing the devil to convict you of sin which JESUS has borne for you upon his body on the tree.

"Behold your righteousness through CHRIST."
Exactly, my brother.
Most believers listen to the voice of the devil instead of the voice of the holy spirit and that's why they are suffering thinking God wants to destroy them for what has passed.
The day we fall into sin, God starts the reconciliation process through the holy spirit by convictions to bring us back but the devil uses condemnation to drive people far from God.
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 30, 2018
lasmile:
The Success you are chasing, has there been any one that made it successfully without some hitches or better put, some mistakes under the sun?

Don't give yourself a standard you can not maintain.

Option B
Simply remove that results from your shelf or profile and chase a better and holy path to a successful WAEC exams.

I like your zeal. Keep it up.

This standard he's trying to give himself is earthly.
Christ came for us to rely on the standard he has set on the cross. What is more important is to stay away from future sins instead of killing himself over the past that God has forgotten.
The problem with religious folks is that they are living pre-cross instead post-cross. They tend to look at their efforts instead of anchoring on the wings of Christ for a peaceful living.
What Christ came to do was to destroy religion and encourage relationship with God.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by donqx: 2:31am On Apr 30, 2018
oh
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by frisavic(m): 3:55am On Apr 30, 2018
whisperingbird:

Read this. and write them
http://apostolicfaith.org/library/doctrinal/article/restitution-tr068
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by HeavenIsSoReall: 5:06am On Apr 30, 2018
kingkakaone:

Na wa...

If you're looking for more scriptures to convince you of your crime and the way out, you're not a sound Christian because a word is enough for the wise. God alone don't forgive sin, the person or organization against whom you committed the sin has a major role to play in your forgiveness. If the prodigal son had confessed his sins to God only without going to his father, he would have remained a prodigal son.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by rayval(m): 6:51am On Apr 30, 2018
Listen and listen good.

Nothing happened in the past and nothing will in the future.. the only time you have is now...do not lose your moment.
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 30, 2018
The thief who obtained eternal salvation on the cross is going to the same heaven. Salvation and restitution are not directly linked. What is important is don't hinder the progress of people. Anything you can do to remove the suffering your past life has done do it. The certificate has effect on what you claim, so personally upgrade your knowledge to to meet your claim that is all. Restitution was not meant to be a salvation thing but a mechanism to discourage people from stealing. Change your way and be useful to God and man.
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:20am On Apr 30, 2018
kingkakaone:

Exactly, my brother.
Most believers listen to the voice of the devil instead of the voice of the holy spirit and that's why they are suffering thinking God wants to destroy them for what has passed.
The day we fall into sin, God starts the reconciliation process through the holy spirit by convictions to bring us back but the devil uses condemnation to drive people far from God.

Most people have been sold a lie by the prince of lies and they are buying it.

We are only condemn if we look away from the blood bought righteousness of God the Son for us. Looking at his righteousness will supernaturally enable us to live above sin.
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by Timothy3113(m): 8:06am On Apr 30, 2018
kingkakaone:

I wonder how people take restitution issues out of contest o.
Jesus didn't even tell him to do it, he was led to do it by the spirit.
Matthew was also a tax collector, did he restitute?
What Scripture emphasized more on is asking for forgiveness and staying away from such sin as in the future as the case of the adulterous woman.
Some many people be making God look like a policeman who always look for faults from us.

Was he mandated by the law or told by anyone to
restitute??
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 30, 2018
Timothy3113:

Was he mandated by the law or told by anyone to restitute?? He returned it backed in fourfold when led by the spirit. There is no laid down rule for restitution. We should do things as the spirit leads.
Thank u brother.
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 30, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Most people have been sold a lie by the prince of lies and they are buying it.

We are only condemn if we look away from the blood bought righteousness of God the Son for us. Looking at his righteousness will supernaturally enable us to live above sin.
Thank u, obviously the truth will set people free from these human doctrines driving away people from God.
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 30, 2018
HeavenIsSoReall:

If you're looking for more scriptures to convince you of your crime and the way out, you're not a sound Christian because a word is enough for the wise. God alone don't forgive sin, the person or organization against whom you committed the sin has a major role to play in your forgiveness. If the prodigal son had confessed his sins to God only without going to his father, he would have remained a prodigal son.
My first comment is that not everything can be restituted. The case of the prodigal son is that of a father and a son, even without being a Christian, it is imperative that we make peace with our parents in case there's something going on between us.
A sound Christian is one who has a sound relationship with God and would rely on him through the Holy spirit to understand what is truth instead of using religion to have a feel good of one's closeness to God.
Doctrines will get anyone nowhere.
My question to you is this...
If he doesn't go to waec, will that stop him from making heaven?
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by Revolva(m): 8:42am On Apr 30, 2018
i tough you need help concerning prostitution

1 Like

Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by Countersam(m): 9:13am On Apr 30, 2018
whisperingbird:

Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:45am On Apr 30, 2018
Take your result back to WAEC and tell them you cheated and you don't have a need for such result. Nonsense, you wan holy pass God. Do a prayer of forgiveness and move on with life.
Re: Help Needed Concerning Restitution by faites(f): 11:29am On Apr 30, 2018
whisperingbird:

If you are so disturbed about it, then maybe you should sit for GCE, or even resit WAEC. With that, you don't have to use this result anymore.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) / Atheists And Their Stupidity / Pope Francis' Inauguration: Pictures & Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.