Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians (38419 Views)

“Meet Muhammadu Buhari” Trends As Nigerians Drag President Buhari On Twitter / Donald Trump's Warning For The Killings Of Christian In Nigeria Is For Biafra / Killing Of Christians In Nigeria - Aisha Yesufu Tweets Donald Trump - Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by enlady(f): 3:44am On May 03, 2018
This was my submission. Note the bolded
I do not believe this. The Mambilla attacks took place in June 2017. All accounts by the police, fulani leaders themselves and Taraba govt in 2017 put the figures to between 18 and 100. The then Apc chairman of Taraba state, Alhaji Hassan Ardo who is from Mambilla addressed a world press conference after the killings and said 100 persons were killed. This was broadcast on TVC news. His brother was killed in the attack.
Suddenly in January 2018, JNI and Emir Sanusi started brandishing figures between 700 and 800.
I believe it is a lying propaganda

ItsMeAboki:

You must be naive if you expect the police and the Taraba govt (who are implicated in the killings) to give you accurate figures and not to downplay the casualties for fear of inciting and attracting reprisals - this is standard practice for both police and govt.

Note: these are not just ordinary casual figures but each of the 728 victim was carefully identified by name with the actual date of when and where he/she was killed.

Deny as much as you want; however, your denial can never erase the pictorial evidence of this well researched documentary nor the words of the Ag. GOC 3 Division NA, Jos, Brig. Gen.Benjamin Ahanotu (a southern Christian) who after assessing the killings described it as a GENOCIDE AGAINST THE FULANI WORSE THAN BOKO HARAM because even boko Haram spare women and children as oppsed what the Mambilia militia did to the Fulani.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkd0Pb6LPyQ

Most disturbing and sad is the fact that the police was able to make some arrests but later forced to release the perpetrators on the orders of the Taraba State Government, through its Attorney General; these murderers have subsequently remained free men till date to the chagrin of their surviving victims and their relatives/friends.
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by parissaint(m): 3:57am On May 03, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

Then I am not surprised because it shows how much you lack good home training and manners.

Wel,i Dnt Tink Exchangn Words Wit U Wil Do Me Any Good..U Ar Jt Here Advertisin Stupidity Since..Silent Is D Best Answer To Ur Type.
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by MightySparrow: 5:20am On May 03, 2018
The question remains: why must muslims shed blood? Whoever's blood?
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by BetaThings: 5:49am On May 03, 2018
MightySparrow:
The question remains: why must muslims shed blood? Whoever's blood?

Why do Christians shed blood

In Christian South Sudan, the experiences are chilling. Even rape is allowed
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-35780777

In Iraq, you were not satisfied with a peaceful country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2ypVSYoEKA
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by MightySparrow: 6:12am On May 03, 2018
BetaThings:

Why do Christians shed blood
In Christian South Sudan, the experiences are chilling. Even rape is allowed http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-35780777
In Iraq, you were not satisfied with a peaceful country https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2ypVSYoEK
Are you one of the vampires?
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:24am On May 03, 2018
parissaint:

Wel,i Dnt Tink Exchangn Words Wit U Wil Do Me Any Good..U Ar Jt Here Advertisin Stupidity Since..Silent Is D Best Answer To Ur Type.

If you knew it wouldn't do you any good then why did you engaged me in the first place - who then is advertising stupidity?
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by samsono30: 6:38am On May 03, 2018
ItsMeAboki:
CAN is playing a dangerous game of politics with religion; we all know that no one is currently being killed because of their faith, in fact more Muslims are being killed than Christians; therefore giving the ongoing crisis a religious colouration is potentially explosive likely to further divide Nigerians along the usual fault lines - before we know it , we could easily revert back to those unfortunate days of religious intolerance and rioting.

I can see how sick you are. Don't let me insult you ooo.
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by samsono30: 6:51am On May 03, 2018

The issue is that Christians tend to be loud mouths who wail and lament at every pinch, with support from their media. That is why if one Christian gets killed everybody hears, while when even hundreds of Muslims get killed, the Muslims will just pray for their brethren and move on.

As for talking sense to them, don't bother, I have grown to realise that it is their sense of hatred alone that drives them, not a sense of logic or desire to reason. When you are acting from an inferior logical standpoint, you have to resort to defamation and disparagement of your competitor in order to retain credibility, at least among the petty minded masses who form the majority of their worshippers.

As for the statements of Trump, they are just ecstatic because they do not really believe in a real God that can help them, despite their hypocritical assertions. They therefore are happy to have had an assistant deity in the person of Trump, to make any kind of promises to them.

Ignore them, they will get tired eventually.

How do you expect the muslems to cry out, how will darkness criticize darkness? can evil fight evil? when both are working for the same agenda, why will the cry out when they all know the motto of Islamic movement is knife and sword. Better sit down and check your head. Ask yourself question of which path you are trailing in life?

2 Likes

Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by samsono30: 6:57am On May 03, 2018
Alexk2:

I'm happy someone is intelligent enough here on this matter. I'm a Christian but I'll never support the way CAN is approaching this matter and personally I don't even think it's biblical as it tend to make other victims from other religion sub-human; my own bible didn't teach me that. It is unfortunate that this sensless killings lingers on till now but our religious leaders must exercise caution inorder not to turn this into religious war.
We must understand that everybody is first human before we can even talk about our believes and every human is important. If our govt at all levels is failing in this regard, our religious leaders can't afford to tow same line.

You are foolish and useless Christian. how I wish you be living in the north where your whole family will get kill and burnt in the church. Can you stand to see how your siblings will be slaughtered with knife in your present and suddenly God save your like by a means of Gods miracle, can you live with that? if then in your head agree to that then you can come back and type that rubbish back. if your head is not working we are at war long time ago if you don't know, this war began since 90s if your not in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by Jeswino: 7:18am On May 03, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

Muslims are being killed in far greater numbers than Christians.

Muslim leaders have severally condemn the killings, don't know how many times you want them to do so in order to satisfy you; the Sultan had even ordered the MACBAN to carry out a thorough investigation and report those behind such killings within the Fulani community.

Assuming Muslim leaders had remained silent; pls explain how such silence could possibly amount to complicity, connivance or support for such killings that would warrant CAN to come out make it as if the killings were being targeted at Christians?

Do you know that such untrue and unfair statements could cause tension between Muslims and Christians and easily lead us back to the days of religious intolerance and rioting - they are treading on dangerous waters?

1)If Muslims are killed in far greater number, you are keeping silent and making Buhari think that Muslims believe that it is right to kill.

2) We know that the Sultan just said it so because Christians were shouting too much or he was trying to say something.

3) What is the religious intolerance in saying stop killing Christians? Why did Boko Haram go to Dapchi in broad daylight to release Muslim girls and fail to release Leah? If you are objective, you will notice a systematic ethnic cleansing in Christian populated areas too.

I am for fighting between Christians and Muslims. We (Christians, Muslims and other religions) just have to tell Buhari to stop being biased.
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by samsono30: 7:21am On May 03, 2018
mbhs139:

THEY LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF VANDALISM AND DEATH: BEWARE OF THE TRICKS TO WAR! *"Be vigilant, wary of those who kill for political reasons to resurrect religious war"*

~W.F. Kumuyi

When commissioned Dogs of War attack your communities dressed in a particular form to mislead you, such that they even get into a church building to knock off a certain number of people, what do you do?

Do you go about killing Hausas and Fulanis in your immediate environment and even proceed to burn down their mosques just simply because you think or believe that the killers were Muslims? What if the killers are what I refer to above as Commissioned Dogs of War?

Ok, if the invasion of a church by gunmen to kill worshippers triggers you to begin attacking and killing Muslims and even burning down their mosques, who should Ozubulu community people have attacked when gunmen killed dozens of worshippers in a Catholic Church there last year?

When bombs were going off almost every Friday in mosques in Kano few years ago, which people should the people of Kano have attacked?

Up till now "Boko Haram" suicide bombers detonate and kill themselves with bombs alongside others in mosques in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states, who should the people in those towns or villages attack or whose property or worship centre should they burn down?

Zamfara people are also being killed by the same variant of Dogs of War, so who should they also revenge on?

All killings are bad, reprehensible and condemnable. But it shouldn't be deliberately turned into an ethno-religious propaganda tool for mischievous political ends. There are certain persons or groups who would rather have the country go up in flames than to have the country focusing on how much they stole and ruined the country. These killings benefit only them.

Don't fall for their antics!

Stop saying all these nonsense. I have spend all my life in north, in fact have spend 35 yrs in the North and there is nothing u say that make you right. if you don't know ask. from time of zango kataf in Kaduna till Jos crisis started in 2000 all has being religious and let me tell everybody here something you will all keep in your head, this is jihad on a low key so as to reduce the most powerful force before the realize it. check Northeast, some state yet to embrace Islam in middle belt, those are they places they are concentrating on so that in few years the would have reduce them to nothing both in religion, leadership, tribe, and also have power to enforce Islam on them by force and if you don't covert they kill you, all those Moslems killed by book haram is because to them they are not practicing the real islam, which is true the book haram are they ones practicing real islam even if you are a Yoruba or Igbo moslem you are not save in this country because the believe you are not a real moslem. Time will come when they will still behead those Yoruba and Igbo Moslems but fiat thing first, let them take over Nigeria first. Even with herdsmen killings is another strategy of continue jihad in disguise and not to tarnish Buhari's govt because he is their brother. let Buhari leave the presidency and another Christian rule, you will see the different in their ruthless killing. that's why the believe that Quran has made them understand that infidel shld'nt and never shld they allow infidel to rule them.
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:27am On May 03, 2018
enlady:
This was my submission. Note the bolded
I do not believe this. The Mambilla attacks took place in June 2017. All accounts by the police, fulani leaders themselves and Taraba govt in 2017 put the figures to between 18 and 100. The then Apc chairman of Taraba state, Alhaji Hassan Ardo who is from Mambilla addressed a world press conference after the killings and said 100 persons were killed. This was broadcast on TVC news. His brother was killed in the attack.
Suddenly in January 2018, JNI and Emir Sanusi started brandishing figures between 700 and 800.

Would you expect the Chairman to go against his own party lead govt, where the governor, speaker, LG chairman, Attorney General etc were all implicated with the planning, execution or cover up?
Like I had already said, it is customary for official figures of any uprising to be scaled down for security reasons in order to dampen fears and allay reprisal attacks.

Although I was not privy to the alleged Ardo's statement; however, one can imagine his disclosure was most likely immediately after the massacre and therefore premature - that could represent an under estimate of the casualties.

This was seemingly corroborated by the Brig. Gen. Benjamin Ahanotu who spoke of bodies of the wounded that later died from their injuries in the bush were still being found - I want to believe his assessment was more factual and accurate due to his neutrality.

I also wonder why you consider the hurriedly put up figures of a party chairman immediately after the event more credible than detailed figures, with names and dates, acquired through thorough research with the benefit of several months hindsight?

Like I said before; you are free to believe what you want; however, the records are there and I believe the graves these ppl too still exist for anyone who needs to verify.
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:40am On May 03, 2018
samsono30:

I can see how sick you are. Don't let me insult you ooo.

Look into the mirror and you will see the really sick one staring back at you.
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by samsono30: 8:07am On May 03, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

Look into the mirror and you will see the really sick one staring back at you.

When have there being peace even in the middle east where the Islam originated from? Is it Shi'ite killing Zuni? Even within the Zuni's they still have different groups who kill each other. Is thr in the Quran, go and read Surah 2 - al-baqarah 191 you will see the order given to moslem to kill the disbelievers.
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by Horus(m): 8:23am On May 03, 2018
Because of religion no one has been able to really unite Africans in any considerable numbers, and it is also WHY Africans have not been able to make real progress toward freedom and equality. No more do we have to listen to liars who only wish to rule and control the masses with their made-up stories called religion. Let us Free our minds from the mental enslavement of religion
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by Psoul(m): 8:31am On May 03, 2018
ItsMeAboki:
CAN is playing a dangerous game of politics with religion; we all know that no one is currently being killed because of their faith, in fact more Muslims are being killed than Christians; therefore giving the ongoing crisis a religious colouration is potentially explosive likely to further divide Nigerians along the usual fault lines - before we know it , we could easily revert back to those unfortunate days of religious intolerance and rioting.

My dear, I think you should have appreciated what Trump told PMB.
If you think that Moslem killing Moslem is good for u or think it is a Moslem tradition, pls they should limit it to Moslem vs Moslem.
We Christians are not comfortable wt any of that killings.
If we are pushed to the wall, we will have no other option to FIGHT back. And we can fight dirty.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by goodluckwopara: 9:04am On May 03, 2018
Thank you sir. Pls declare that all christian should not vote BUHARI come 2019.
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by gz87: 9:29am On May 03, 2018
enlady:

Who are thou ItsMeAboki?

May thy Lord continues to enrich your expository non biased contributions. Quite unfortunate that most of our Christians brethren sees Nigeria from the interpolated biblical nation.

Let those who for goodness sake are interested in leveraging on Trump's comment go back to listen to what Trump said. I don't just understand why in the name of God and for the sake of protecting His household, propaganda becomes the only weapon...
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:38am On May 03, 2018
Psoul:

My dear, I think you should have appreciated what Trump told PMB.
If you think that Moslem killing Moslem is good for u or think it is a Moslem tradition, pls they should limit it to Moslem vs Moslem.
We Christians are not comfortable wt any of that killings.
If we are pushed to the wall, we will have no other option to FIGHT back. And we can fight dirty.

How did you come to that silly conclusion?

I think you may have a problem with comprehension or possible did not read what I wrote at all, let alone understood it.

What did you this line meant?

therefore giving the ongoing crisis a religious colouration is potentially explosive likely to further divide Nigerians along the usual fault lines

Pls go and borrow some sense; don't waste my time.
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by ddefoe: 9:47am On May 03, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

I quite agree with you; however, it behoves on us to sometimes debunk such false narrative.

Currently their main target is the president, they are using his ethnicity and religion to discredit him; unfortunately the damage their cause will continue to remain with us long after he is gone - that is why it is important to checkmate it whenever we can.
Babangida was a muslim, there was no cry of genocide by christian, Abacha too held sway, still Christians didnt cry of Geneocide,Abdulsalam, Yar adua and Shehu shagari were all one time president of Nigeria and yet christians annd muslims lived in peeace.dont u think that something wrong is going on and the Nigerian Christians are not fools.think!

1 Like

Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:04am On May 03, 2018
ddefoe:
Babangida was a muslim, there was no cry of genocide by christian, Abacha too held sway, still Christians didnt cry of Geneocide,Abdulsalam, Yar adua and Shehu shagari were all one time president of Nigeria and yet christians annd muslims lived in peeace.dont u think that something wrong is going on and the Nigerian Christians are not fools.think!

You obviously have a defective memory; with exception of Shagari, all their reigns were punctuated with inter-religious crisis.
Come back with a better theory next time.
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by ddefoe: 10:41am On May 03, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

You obviously have a defective memory; with exception of Shagari, all their reigns were punctuated with inter-religious crisis.
Come back with a better theory next time.
its not in my character to insult people. I simply made my point and thats it.i have an excellent memory.the truth hurt! A word is enough
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:06am On May 03, 2018
ddefoe:
its not in my character to insult people. I simply made my point and thats it.i have an excellent memory.the truth hurt! A word is enough

Well, unfortunately the statements on which based your point were factually incorrect and therefore invalid.

In fact even Shagari had problems; he had the Maitasine, which the equivalent to present day Boko Haram - coincidentally it was Buhari as a military commander who ruthlessly put it down.
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by Lightening: 12:33pm On May 03, 2018
ItsMeAboki:
n by the lo

More Muslims killed in Zamfara not to talk of the North East than those states put together; at one time, June 2017 no less than 728 mainly Fulani women and children were killed by the local Taraba Christian militia - you can click 'Mambila genocide' in youtube and see for yourself.

These ppl were buried quietly without media hype and fanfare; considering the huge number of casualties involved, you would have thought Christian religious groups like CAN would have come out with statements of condemnation like they hypocritically insist and expect from Muslims whenever their Christian brethren suffer such casualties - so far we are yet to hear anything from them except to selectively politicise the Benue killings.

That means you were wrong to have insinuated that people nobody is killed in Nigeria on the basis of his or her faith. Not aware of who's responsible for the Mambilla killings? We know Fulani herdsmen and bokoharam (all muslim terror groups) are responsible for the killings in Benue, Taraba and Plateau; all christian states and the whole world knows their agenda.
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by Lightening: 12:34pm On May 03, 2018
ItsMeAboki:
n by the lo

More Muslims killed in Zamfara not to talk of the North East than those states put together; at one time, June 2017 no less than 728 mainly Fulani women and children were killed by the local Taraba Christian militia - you can click 'Mambila genocide' in youtube and see for yourself.

These ppl were buried quietly without media hype and fanfare; considering the huge number of casualties involved, you would have thought Christian religious groups like CAN would have come out with statements of condemnation like they hypocritically insist and expect from Muslims whenever their Christian brethren suffer such casualties - so far we are yet to hear anything from them except to selectively politicise the Benue killings.

That means you were wrong to have insinuated that nobody is killed in Nigeria on the basis of his or her faith. Who are responsible for the Mambilla killings? You may do well to educate us further because we already know that Fulani herdsmen and Bokoharam (all muslim terror groups) are responsible for the killings in Benue, Taraba and Plateau; all christian states and the whole world knows their agenda.
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:40pm On May 03, 2018
Lightening:

That means you were wrong to have insinuated that nobody is killed in Nigeria on the basis of his or her faith. Who are responsible for the Mambilla killings? You may do well to educate us further because we already know that Fulani herdsmen and Bokoharam (all muslim terror groups) are responsible for the killings in Benue, Taraba and Plateau; all christian states and the whole world knows their agenda.

Sorry, I don't argue with stupidity; when you regain your senses then you can come back.
Re: CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians by jaystix(m): 1:10am On May 04, 2018
Dat aboki that is talking there,u and I know that this herdsmen killings are jihad war against Christians,that is the truth, and we Christians know that very well but we are giving the government time to act on this fast as possible,and if nothing is done, then all those herdsmen and those in support of them will truly not see the end of the war,when we begin to act and fight back, dnt think that Christians are week,itz because we are a peaceful religion and want peace that's why we are not taking action yet, but trust me, if nothing is being done by the so called president about this... then they will know that we are capable of defending ourselves and see our full wrath. their days are numbered @terroristherdsmen killing people anyhow...Enough is Enough

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019 Presidency: Saraki, Atiku, Mark, Tambuwal Others Eye SDP Ticket / Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams / Man Invades A Bank With Bomb In Jos, Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.